Notices

Old 05-03-2013, 00:37
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from United States
WackyJ79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Question regarding suboxone test

SWIM has too take a urine test (Which does include the Suboxone section. He only takes 2-4 MGs a day. He took 4 mgs on Sunday evening. The test is 2pm on Thursday. Should he pass?? And if not... what can he do too possibly pass...

Thanks!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please do not use SWIM http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197306
Old 05-03-2013, 00:57
Titanium Member

32 y/o Male from USA - District of Columbia
outside365 is on the way upoutside365 is on the way upoutside365 is on the way upoutside365 is on the way up
Points: 521, Level: 3 Points: 521, Level: 3 Points: 521, Level: 3
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Question regarding suboxone test

Hey there, first I will tell you using swim is against the rules. I'm just trying to help you out. Check out the rules and you will sail much smoother. I used bupenorphine for a while and can say it has a very long half-life. I think up to 72 hours. I don't know if you will pass your test. I'm sure there are many threads here that would help answer your question. I don't have time to post any links now. Also when starting a thread include details and don't be afraid to speak your mind. For instance how long have you been subs and things like that. Gotta go. Peace

outside365 added 6 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

This might help you search, use this UTFSE

Last edited by outside365; 05-03-2013 at 00:57. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-03-2013, 01:24
Silver Member

Hey, Thanks for the help man. I went through the rules, and must have missed where it said swim wasn't allowed. I do remember it saying to "Be creative" . I guess I misinterprested. My apologies.

Details... Been using Subs for about 5 monts, 2-4mgs IV a day... pretty much all use is IV. I don't know if tha tmakes a big difference... also he stats are: Height: 6'2 Wht: 268.
thanks again
Old 05-03-2013, 01:56
Titanium Member

outside365 is on the way upoutside365 is on the way upoutside365 is on the way upoutside365 is on the way up

So you have been taking them everyday, which means your gonna feel something, I injected bupenorphine pills for about 4 months before I realized the cons outweighed the pro's. That stuff is hell on the veins. My question is, do you think you can hold out these next few days? Regardless if you pass or fail the drug test, your up for the challenge I take it. Do you have prior use of opiates before you began subs?

Ok, so you need to pass a drug test for a job, I take it. I can say, when I was on subutex I had a script for it. I didn't care if I got a random drug test because I was supposed to be on it. At that time I was employed at an international corporation and they tested me once every two months or so. The bupenorphine never showed up any way. It was never a problem. I was told at the time that it never showed up and my tests were clean. So I can't really tell you how long you must wait. Your best bet is abstaining from using, until your test.

Injecting subs does reduce the half life. I noticed after 28 hours after a shot I would be crying. When I took it as directed it lasted way longer, even though the BA was worse. I know people who have been injecting bupe for years and yeah, their alive but look like hell. Sooner or later someone is getting burried. Maybe me, but I am trying to decrease my chances now days.

Is this test for a job? I wish you luck man.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:29
Titanium Member

Male from United States
JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 583, Level: 3 Points: 583, Level: 3 Points: 583, Level: 3
Activity: 16.4% Activity: 16.4% Activity: 16.4%

From what I have read here on the drug forums(could be wrong, could be right), I believe Bupe takes about 6 half-lifes to completely leave your system. At a minimum, that would take about 6 days to completely leave your system. I honestly don't think you will pass.

A bigger concern: Like someone else said, are you ready to deal with Sub withdrawals? If not, prepare yourself. They are just around the corner. How sure are you that your drug screen will include Suboxone? You are going to be very very sick during the test and will most likely fail. It doesn't seem worth it to me. First, make 100% sure that the test detects bupe. If it does, I wouldn't even bother with the test, you're going to get sick only to fail the test. If it doesn't include bupe, then continue taking it(responsibly) and you will be fine for the test.

That is the best advice that I can give you. Hope this helps!

JKS
Old 05-03-2013, 07:40
Silver Member

Hey Guys, Thank you for the informative replies. Yes, I am experienced with both Opiates & Withdrawl, and I am absolutely sure that the suboxone category will be on the test, as this is a test at an out patient rehab center for me too get a Rx for suboxone. I am (for the most part) a recovering drug addict. The only thing I do anymore is shoot bupe. No more H, no more oxy, no more dillaudid.

Upon going there for treatment, I was honest with them that I was purchasing Suboxone from non-conventional methods, and that I wanted to get in too see a doctor that would give me a prescription so that I could do things the legal way....

this went round and round for months.. the wanting me too go too detox... to get off suboxone, sot hat they could prescribe it too me. What a joke.

Finally after much, much bullshit, and meetings with them, their doctor got ahold of my case, and cursed the councilers up and down, telling them that my sobriety is hanging on a thread, that I am at the absolute upper levels for "Need of Care" and that their "Office Politics" were going too end up getting them sued, So much too their dismay, he asked me too come in on Thursday and take a drug test...

Pending a clean test, he said that I would leave the clinic with a prescription for Soboxone. I had stopped using the soboxone for about 2 weeks, then started back up about a month ago when I was getting the run around. It really burns my ass that after all their bullshit I will probably fail this test (Yes, I have abstained since Sunday, when I found out about the test, and will abstain until after the test... I can handle the wd as I stated previously, that I had stopped for 2 weeks)... that and having about 4=5 years with heavy opiate use (Hydros, Oxys, Fent Patches, Dillaudid (d.o.c), opana, morphine, and so on... )

So I know most of those drinks that you can buy work on Dilution ... do you think that after a good 3-4 days clean the dilution offered from the drink might work?? I can afford the drink with no problem... should I maybe take this route?? I was thinking of bringing clean urine with me... but I hear that it is an "Observed" test... So Im sure that there will be someone in the bathroom with me.

Any suggestions guys???

WackyJ79 added 22 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

3 solid days... plus 16 hours on test day... So that is approx 88 hours...

I'm reading that it usually takes 3-7 days, @ 16mg a day.. (Which is MUCH more than I was taking).. and that is Sublingual... All of mine was IV...

keeping these stats in mind... is there a "CHANCE" that I might pass?? Or should I just call it off?

Last edited by WackyJ79; 05-03-2013 at 07:40. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-03-2013, 08:31
Titanium Member

Male from United States
JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.

If you think that you can handle the withdrawals, then why not give it a shot? My main point was going through hell only to fail the test. But if you feel like you can handle it, then by all means do it. That would be your best bet. I say you have about a 5% chance of passing with only 88 hours under your belt. But there still IS that possibility. So go for it!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:36
Silver Member

I guess I was looking for any advice, that would increase my chances of passing. I am reading hte "Drug Testing" forums under "The Euphoric Body" section. But if anyone has any advice, I am open too suggestion. Especially anyone that has been in a similar situation.

Thanks KeeponSwimming for taking the time to reply. I def. appreciate the help.
Old 05-03-2013, 15:59
Titanium Member

Hey wacky, sounds like you have a shot at passing the test. I used those drinks before, it worked. I was worried about weed though. I eventually stopped using the drinks and just drank a lot of water and took vitamins. I never failed a test. Like I said, I was just diluting my urine and using vitamins to add color to it. Those drinks only help mask what's in your system, for a few hours. They don't help get THC out of the system. I'm not sure about bupe. I think you can pass. The situation with your doctor sounds messed up. Some people don't understand addiction. I would say to continue to go for it. I hope you pass your test. Why do they care if you already told them you have been taking bupenorphine? Peace.

Last edited by outside365; 05-03-2013 at 17:46.
Old 05-03-2013, 19:36
Silver Member

Hey outside, thanks for the kind words. They had asked me to stop taking the suboxone I guess so that I could prove too them that I was serious about recovery. Then someone else told me that they did the same thing too them.. and that it is nothing more than office politics. I was new too the program, and some counciler didn't want me taking a slot in the suboxone program that they could have used for one of their patients... it sound like more 'in fighting" between the staff than anyhing.

I found out some really good news... this test wont be sent away or anything, it is one of those 12 panel (W/suboxone) cup type test that you pee into, they dip the sticks into it too check it. From what I understand, these test don't test for Creatine levels, or gravity levels.... (I don't see how they could w/out sending it too a lab).

Seeing that it is only a cup type piss test, I ordered one of those detoxify drinks. The "MEGA" one because I"m over 240lbs. Between the drink, the dilution, the B and C vitamins, a few apsrin, and not taking anything since Sunday night, I think I have a pretty good shot at it. No way that Suboxone hangs on as hard as Frequent THC use...

So... Thanks everyone for all the advice, if there is anyone else that has any insight, please, feel free too share.

Wack-a-doo
Old 06-03-2013, 22:53
Silver Member

Well... Less than 24 hours out. Not feeling good, but not anywheres near as bad as I thought I would. Been able to do normal stuff... work 12 hour shifts on both Monday, and Tuesday. Then today (Wednesday) I've been okay taking care of my 4 year old boy. I feel cold a lot, and some sweats, but nothing like I've done too myself with Opiate W/D before. I think the worst was when I was shooting 2 100mg morphines 3 times a day for a week. Then had too quit C/T. Now that sucked. Been taking the B and C. Vitamins. I will be glad when this is done... pass or fail.
Old 07-03-2013, 00:59
Titanium Member

Male from United States

If you're feeling this good and you've come this far, have you considered staying off of the opiates for good? I think you are a prime candidate for it. You're doing great!
Old 07-03-2013, 02:26
Silver Member

Over the past few days, I have considered this. On the other hand, I have also thought about going out, and getting a few dillaudids, or a few morphines, and playing around with a lower tolerence. I suppose this is why I am currently in treatment.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:36
Titanium Member

Male from United States

Atleast you recognise this. Just take it a day at a time. Only you know when it is time to stop, but for you to come this far would be stupid to go back. Each day is another day clean, which means each day is another accomplishment. Just keep going. See how many days you can go.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:56
Silver Member

Thats it man. That is all I can do, is take it one day at a time. Anything more than that is just overwhelming. I didn't use today, and I won't use tomorrow. That is all I can promise myself. But I will see how fan I can go. Thanks for the words of encouragement man.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:11
Titanium Member

Male from United States

Any time. The Drug-Forums are a huge community of people, including myself, who would love to help you if you chose to stay clean. There are tons of people here who will take the ride with you that have been in the same EXACT position as you. Don't be afraid to ask anyone for anything.
Old 07-03-2013, 19:31
Silver Member

I leave in about an hour. Pissing like a race-horse. As soon as I get back, I will post the results. I must be really hydrated, because I don't feel WD at all anymore.... then again, it has been about 4 days. And I was only using a few mg a day.

WackyJ79 added 107 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Just got back from the Pharmacy. Dropped off the Rx of 8mg Strips. PASSED!!!! WOOooOOHoooOOo That'll save me about 300.00 a month.

I'm signed up for meetings twice a week, and 3 times every other week. Im finally a member of their "Community" and officialy in.

Thanks everyone for your encouragement and support in this thread!!!

You have no idea what it meant too me too be able to log on and read your posts too keep me inspired! I couldn't have done it w/o this forum! I would have gave up and used! THANK YOU ALL!

Last edited by WackyJ79; 07-03-2013 at 19:31. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-03-2013, 20:14
Titanium Member

Male from United States

Good for you! There is no better feeling than proving everyone wrong, is there? Haha Congrats!
Old 07-03-2013, 20:44
Titanium Member

Right on man, I'm glad to hear that you past. Hope things continue to work out for you. It's better to get the subs from a doctor than from elsewhere. Now you can maintain and save money. I'm glad to hear it, really am. Peace.
Old 07-03-2013, 21:04
Silver Member

Thank you both very much!! The last person I was getting them from was getting the stop signs.. the pills. And I hate the pills. The doc gave me the Films, and with my Insurance, 60 of them was only 3.00 can't beat that with a stick. just picked them up, and I took it under my tongue. I have no rigs, and I'm not planning on buying any. Gonna try too do this the right way, and be the best father I can for my little boy. So stoked too have passed. When I heard I only had a 5% chance, I was so scared. I think If I didn't read the dilution thread, and take the Complex B Vitamin, and the detoxify drink, that I woulda failed. So glad I came here. I cannot thank you guys enough.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:44
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United Kingdom
DCEE is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 132, Level: 1 Points: 132, Level: 1 Points: 132, Level: 1

I wouldn't add any information on whether I think you will pass as the other members have covered that and have more experience than me. I went though this once when I needed to pass and worried but in the end I passed and all went well. I hope you pass and I wish you luck in the future and every success in what road you wish to take. David,

Last edited by DCEE; 10-03-2013 at 11:46. Reason: Spelling Mistake
Old 13-03-2013, 01:29
Silver Member

Well thank you very much David.

Share this on:

Tags
bupe, drug test question