Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 04-03-2013, 20:22
Silver Member

20 y/o Male from Earth
BigM420 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Crystal Meth and SNRI(Venlafaxine)?

Is this combo save to take? I have been on 150mg of Venlafaxine (an SNRI) for about a month and a half now and was wondering if it would be save to smoke some crystal meth?

I haven't smoked crystal meth since taking Venlafaxine so I don't know the effects.

I have smoked crystal while on Citalopram (an SSRI) without any problems before switching over to Venlafaxine.

So is it save to smoke Crystal Meth while on 150mg Venlafaxine daily?

Any experiences?
Old 05-03-2013, 14:50
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12
Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5%
Re: Crystal Meth and SNRI(Venlafaxine)?

There is a MAJOR health interaction between the two being combined. Please, do not mix the two, it's very dangerous.

*Talk to your doctor before using venlafaxine together with methamphetamine. Venlafaxine can increase the effects of methamphetamine, and side effects such as jitteriness, nervousness, anxiety, restlessness, and racing thoughts have been reported. Combining these medications can also increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. You should contact your doctor immediately if you experience these symptoms while taking the medications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

*Information from drugs.com
Old 18-04-2014, 10:09
Silver Member

Female from United States
We_Like_To_Experiment is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1
Activity: 9.9% Activity: 9.9% Activity: 9.9%

I am also taking 150 mg of Venlafaxine a day and my husband and I have smoked crystal a few times over the past couple of months. I have noticed that my come down symptoms are stronger than his are and last a bit longer; however, he has a higher tolerance for drugs than I do so I wasn't sure if it were due to that.
Old 14-06-2014, 17:49

Female from Canada
Maaryjane is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

I know that my sister does mix the two with little to no negative repercussions, besides the very first time mixing them. Before she knew her limit on mixing the two my sister ended up snorting more meth than usual (not uncommon, usually with regular comedown) one day after starting effexor and ended up vomiting for many hours afterwards. She became dizzy, irritable, as well as most symptoms associated with a common flu. It was deduced that my sister possible had serotonin syndrome, though it was never professionally confirmed. However, the effects on her personality and emotional tolerance drastically changed, reverting to worsened depression and anxiety to which the venlafaxine was originally prescribed for.
Just as a precaution, I would recommend that you start slow and wait longer periods before hitting up than usual for yourself. Maybe take a small hit then wait to see how your body reacts/feels afterwards. Like always, it is very important to stay hydrated and to force yourself to eat healthy food every 3-4 hours.
Old 17-06-2014, 12:32

40 y/o Male from Australia
occilator should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%

I used to take 150mg a day. Smoked meth most days whilst using. No interaction for me mate. I'm not telling you to do it. But I was fine. Quitting the venalafaxine was just crappy. Glad I'm off that.
Old 17-06-2014, 22:06
Silver Member

Male from United States
hellborndisease is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%

Effexor withdrawal fucking sucks. The combo though has no negative reaction for ME. At 112.5mg a day (XR)

Share this on:

Tags
meth, venlafaxine

» New Threads
Methadone madness: Users slam...
Last post by ozworld
22 Replies, 4,318 Views
Temazepam Dosages
Last post by Junglistsoldier
20 Replies, 49,247 Views
My friend is drinking heavily...
Last post by AKA_freckles