Register Tags

Notices

Old 08-03-2013, 11:15
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
liveandperformingonice is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Do you break your pipes as much as I do, and by the gods, how do you not?

Let me preface my own answer to this question and say that I'm by no means a newb at smoking meth, but I've not ever smoked it as my dominant route of administration and so I don't know nearly as much about it as people that do it like that all the time.

I generally don't keep a pipe for more than the couple of says I'm using, because I feel like they are the most incriminating, difficult things to dispose of easily in the world, and so I get rid of them a lot and just get another one instead of cleaning it all the time and etc like a lot of smokers do.

Another reason I throw them out is because... Well, I do get a better high if I snort it, but it's EASIER to smoke it, if this makes any sense. It's a different high, but it's one that I like better, that lasts a longer amount of time, and is more taxing to do AGAIN after you've already done it once. I think it's easier to not prolong use that way. At least for me, I look at a line when I'm coming down, and I'm like ughh.... if I'm going to do any more of this I have to smoke it. That's too much and will last too long. But I usually don't have a pipe, so when I do decide to smoke it... it's often because I want to get rid of the rest of it, I don't need any more really and I know that, and I definitely don't need another line... so in the past, I always threw it down on some foil. And it's not something I commonly do, but man, when people see me hit foil, they often comment, saying, "You're oddly good at that," mostly because they are meth smokers who always get a pipe and always have a pipe because a pipe is always better and so would I if I actually cared at that point. But most people never see it happen -- only person in fact, because I don't hang out with many tweakers as I've said.

Lately I've been getting them when I decide to do it, largely because I've always had an issue with putting things in my nose just right before Spring starts and all through it until about May. I have REALLY bad sinus allergies like you would not believe, and even when they're not horrible and debilitating, if it's Spring time, they're always there in the background... Even on Zyrtec, even on Claritin, even if my last resort is Benadryl, they're there in the background until I'm knocked out an unaware of it. And... I just don't like putting things in my nose this time of year.

So I've been getting glass pipes, but I don't like to keep them for the reasons I mentioned. It's not resin coating that pipe like a weed pipe. It's fucking dope that you don't just get a ticket for.

But another reason I throw them out is because I break the sons of bitches all the time -- usually in the most classic of ways -- dropping it. I don't think I've ever had a meth pipe that I used more than two occasions between sleeping with it my possession (And I don't stay up longer than two days, tops)... and if I do, I remember why I don't quick, so... yeah.

I just got this one, and I actually planned to try to keep it because I liked how it smoked and someone actually made it for me, something I'm not used to since I don't hang out with tweakers really... my dealer brought it for me at my request and she'll do anything for money...

So anyway, I have this OCD habit of polishing the pipe between hits with a cloth, like a sock or a rag or something of that material, as if you would if someone blackened up the bottom of the bowl with soot, but I do it even when I don't do that just because that's what I do. And that sock I happened to grab was little damp from something that had spilled on it, which I didn't realize quick enough until I heard the sizzling sound of the water droplets on hot glass. And I was like, NO PLEASE DON'T CRACK, and inspected it for like a minute before I was satisfied it was okay and put it down.

Later I go to hit it but decide it needs to be at least wiped out with a q-tip before I put any in it. Rubbing it dry doesn't take the smallest of little dark spots off of it, so I lick the tip of one lightly and wipe it, and wipe it a slight bit harder, and as if with an ice pick through cardboard, push a tiny little hole through my bowl. Okay, it's not that seamless -- its glass, after all. But the integrity of the bowl structure was still there.

So look what I did... (in the picture)

The odd colors you see, the dark black circles, and the orange/red lines connecting them are drawn on with sharpie markers. One of the black holes is the original hole in the pipe. The other is the one I pocked through. I just happened to poke the other one in such a way that if I marked the places not to let the dope melt down across and between the two black holes underneath the red lines, I could still smoke out of it. But like barely and with not very much in it, because well... the holes are practically at 3 and 9 o'clock when I hold the pipe in its new upright position.

But damnit. It's broken and when I'm done with it I'm just going to throw it away again. I need tips on not breaking this shit. Maybe not OCDing out on it with physical objects? But usually I break them by dropping them, soo... And that's even a problem I have with weed pipes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-03-08 01.50.02.jpg (77.2 KB, 66 views)
Old 08-03-2013, 12:26
Banned

21 y/o Male from United States
codris should review received reputation comments.
Re: Do you break your pipes as much as I do, and by the gods, how do you not?

Lol I did that twice in the past 2 days because I bought from Planet K wasted 17 bucks total on them... But tonight I found one for 10 bucks off the dealer that they had used for months and I cleaned it and stuff and its the best pipe Ive ever had ... I think they said it came from a sex store like adult megaplex just ask for an clitoral stimulation inhaler or something (lol)
1. Never put the lighter more than about 1 1/2 inch close the the bowl there should never be black spots on the bottom. It wastes dope and leaves burnt on the inside. Also roll the bowl so as to spread the liquid like a blanket over the bottom half portion and keep rolling it while steadily "snowballing" the vapor in the pipe.
2. Don't ever use a torch lighter.
3. Don't heat the pipe more than say 15 seconds MAX if it is a good one like mine.
4. Have a wash rag that's wet with cold water on a plate or something so when you finish smoking you can set the pipe on it asap, it will sizzle and stuff but don't worry...this will make your pipe cool down much much quicker which saves it from having black spots on the inside because the shit just sits in the hot pipe burning and prolongs the glasses durability because glass weakens with heat overtime but be gentle with it, its not a weed pipe and if the glass is thin enough to break like that (because of heat damage) then besides having a shitty pipe, you also are holding the lighter to close because of impatience
5. If it needs cleaning and its a GOOD pipe ;p then fill a glass with water enough to submerge your dirty pipe into it completely then pour 1-3 ounces of bleach into that which, if you submerged exactly to the stem, should be like 0.5 - 1 inches above it depending on the drinking glass you're using. Never pour bleach in first and then water or you will have a foamy mess. Cover this pretty well with alot of paper towels or napkins because it will over flow in the microwave so use like 5 dinner napkins or w/e if you don't do this you'll regret it! Put this in the microwave for 5 minutes, I have done this a few times and I tried 2 minutes first, then 3, then 4, but none of them removed all of the black spots inside except for 5 minutes. When it's done let it cool because microwaving a glass of water for 5 minutes is going to make it HOT and when I say let it cool I mean DON'T TOUCH IT FOR 10 MINUTES or your pipe may break under the heat!!! Just let it sit for a bit and when ya take it out... TADA! looks better than new of course wash it out with water thoroughly and then it recommend getting it pretty hot with your lighter to vaporize and impurities and/or water.
6. Never smoke out of foil its a complete waste and damaging... If your going to spend 8 on a magic glass might as well spend 10 and have one that last years
7. GET ON MY LEVEL ;P
Old 08-03-2013, 13:25
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codris View Post
Lol I did that twice in the past 2 days because I bought from Planet K wasted 17 bucks total on them... But tonight I found one for 10 bucks off the dealer that they had used for months and I cleaned it and stuff and its the best pipe Ive ever had ... I think they said it came from a sex store like adult megaplex just ask for an clitoral stimulation inhaler or something (lol)
1. Never put the lighter more than about 1 1/2 inch close the the bowl there should never be black spots on the bottom. It wastes dope and leaves burnt on the inside. Also roll the bowl so as to spread the liquid like a blanket over the bottom half portion and keep rolling it while steadily "snowballing" the vapor in the pipe.
2. Don't ever use a torch lighter.
3. Don't heat the pipe more than say 15 seconds MAX if it is a good one like mine.
4. Have a wash rag that's wet with cold water on a plate or something so when you finish smoking you can set the pipe on it asap, it will sizzle and stuff but don't worry...this will make your pipe cool down much much quicker which saves it from having black spots on the inside because the shit just sits in the hot pipe burning and prolongs the glasses durability because glass weakens with heat overtime but be gentle with it, its not a weed pipe and if the glass is thin enough to break like that (because of heat damage) then besides having a shitty pipe, you also are holding the lighter to close because of impatience
5. If it needs cleaning and its a GOOD pipe ;p then fill a glass with water enough to submerge your dirty pipe into it completely then pour 1-3 ounces of bleach into that which, if you submerged exactly to the stem, should be like 0.5 - 1 inches above it depending on the drinking glass you're using. Never pour bleach in first and then water or you will have a foamy mess. Cover this pretty well with alot of paper towels or napkins because it will over flow in the microwave so use like 5 dinner napkins or w/e if you don't do this you'll regret it! Put this in the microwave for 5 minutes, I have done this a few times and I tried 2 minutes first, then 3, then 4, but none of them removed all of the black spots inside except for 5 minutes. When it's done let it cool because microwaving a glass of water for 5 minutes is going to make it HOT and when I say let it cool I mean DON'T TOUCH IT FOR 10 MINUTES or your pipe may break under the heat!!! Just let it sit for a bit and when ya take it out... TADA! looks better than new of course wash it out with water thoroughly and then it recommend getting it pretty hot with your lighter to vaporize and impurities and/or water.
6. Never smoke out of foil its a complete waste and damaging... If your going to spend 8 on a magic glass might as well spend 10 and have one that last years
7. GET ON MY LEVEL ;P
I don't use torches because it's basically too easy to burn up your shit, they're not as available as BICs, and I don't smoke it regularly enough to actually... invest in getting a damned torch lighter. But... Honestly, I know people that use torches to clean their pipes. Are you saying torches make them dirty or that they make them crack?

Also, I knew about the bleach bit but I've never had a pipe long enough to actually get dirty enough to try that that I wanted to keep. I mean, I know how to smoke it without it getting too dirty. If it happens it's on accident or because my vision is fucked up from being awake too long, which I try my best to avoid and consider it a mistake if it ever happens. But... I have OCD. So even the smallest blemish on the glass will start to bother me, because the clearness of the pipe is so important to smoking meth, so I basically over obsess about wanting it to be clear. It might be just another reason smoking it never became my preferred way to do it. I prefer laying down a line, doing it, putting the dope away, and forgetting about it.

Off topic a bit, but my OCD is definitely why I will never use a needle again. I've never injected meth, but I used a needle twice while on too much Xanax doing heroin (I hate opiates I have since learned, too) and it will never happen ever again. I cringe to think about it. It's not the needle. The needle doesn't bother me. It's the way drug addicts use them, and the idea of how risky such regularly doing it can be, and just.. fashfsdufhdsfds backontopicbackontopicbackontopic no talk about that.

I thought having water on your hot glass caused it to crack? You're saying I should wipe it off with a damp cloth? I've never seen anyone do that before... And I may not hang out with tweakers, but I know who they are and I score through them haha. So I see what they do at least in passing.

Also, I'm not that much of a newb about smoking it. :P. I know how to do it. It's a lot harder to smoke off of a foil than it is off a glass pipe... It's just not as pleasant and you don't have to keep it clean.

liveandperformingonice added 1 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Most people who try to smoke off foil just burn up their dope right there, because you have to know exactly when it's going to catch and when you need to pull the lighter off to not ruin it all. But yeah, it's something I should not do. I never did it a lot anyway. Ok, I guess I did when I was like 19 or so, because that's how I learned to do it so well.

Last edited by liveandperformingonice; 08-03-2013 at 13:25. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-03-2013, 13:28
Silver Member

26 y/o Female from United States
Kilomech is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I can honestly say that I have never broken a single pipe the entire time I've been a user. I've went through about six though. I'm very careful but my boyfriend and friends are not. I just make sure not to walk around with it, not touch the bowl with my dirty, oily fingers, not set it down too hard, and to only use soft tools to clean it with. My favorite cleaning tools are a bobby pin (straightened) and a tuft of magic eraser.

My first pipe though...I miss that thing. Its name was Little Bastard. It was about 3 inches long and the thing could hit like a champ. No matter what I never failed to get a decent hit out of it. I lent it to a friend for not even three hours and she couldn't even look me in the eye when she told me what happened to it. Shame, shame.

Smoking isn't my preferred ROA, though.
Old 08-03-2013, 13:46
Silver Member

It's hard for me to develop the sort of attachment to a meth pipe that I can understand more easily with a weed pipe, and I think the reason is my OCD and the fact that it's more incriminating than a weed pipe and it's always there even when you don't have dope. As much as I liked this pipe I broke, when I wake up after taking my Xanax and falling asleep a bit later, even if I didn't break it, I Would be like, "I don't like having this."

I'm like the opposite of a horder, which is a weird concept because a lot of tweakers horde shit. I throw it away for the same reason they keep it and obsess about it -- because I can't not obsess about it, it stresses me out, it clutters up everything, and it just need to go. I only keep things I absolutely need and use, and I keep them very close.

I was homeless before I had any money, for like a year or so... And for the record, I was sober while I was homeless, thank you very much. But I think that instills some things in you.
Old 08-03-2013, 14:19
Silver Member

26 y/o Female from United States
Kilomech is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1

Well, it's probably not a good idea to build up an attachment to a meth pipe anyway. It's only a matter of time before it gets smashed. It's an inevitability that cannot be avoided.
Old 10-03-2013, 22:11
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

32 y/o Female from United States
Mizz Djinn is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

I've had a couple of really cool ones, and I was sad when they broke. A longish one with a bubble in the stem that had a hello kitty skull and crossbones on it. Miss that one.
Whats the deal with the colored glass pipes? I've seen them in blue, green, and pink, and that seems really silly to me. You can't freaking see the dope!!

Anyway, topic at hand. How to not break a pipe. I generally don't break them. I think I've only broken one in all my long years, I was using the stylus from a Treo to scrape a burnt bowl out and popped the top off. Don't twack on the pipe. When it's gone, it's gone. No, you can't get another hit out of those scorch marks. Wrap it in something straight away, and put it up. Out of sight, out of mind.

Mizz Djinn added 2 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Damn, can't edit? I hate double posting.
About the damp cloth. I ALWAYS have one. You don't want it super wet or super cold. If it's too cold its much more likely to crack the bowl. But if it's cool, it will cool the glass off, which will help keep your dope from burning. And burnt bowls taste like roasted butthole.

Last edited by Mizz Djinn; 10-03-2013 at 22:11. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-03-2013, 22:32
Reactive Member

Male from Earth
hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.
Points: 2,272, Level: 7 Points: 2,272, Level: 7 Points: 2,272, Level: 7
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%

I have broken more glass that rocks break window shields by kicking up behind the wheels of tractor trailers on the thruways. Many pipes in my younger years were of the exotic hand blown glass variety. My all time favorite was the last piece blown by a master glass blower before he died of cancer. It was fairly priced at roughly 400 bucks. It was the most precious piece I owned because of the sentimental value and absolute beauty. It was never used for anything other than marijuana and DMT but it seems like every piece I have broken over the years; breaks the same way.

I get stoned, put the piece on my lap, forget it is there, stand up to get some munchies or use the bathroom, and then hear the sound that makes my heard break and regret ensue. Each time, a part of me dies.

For many years I have decided those days of investing in such divine pieces of artwork are on hold. I am unable to smoke anything other tobacco at the moment and I elect to vaporize nicotine with a high end vaporizers made of stainless bushed metal steel that was been dropped time and time again and has not even dented it's construction, or cracked it's LCD screen.

At some point when I am able to to legally consume cannabis, my collection of glass/art will develop once again. Boring crack/meth pipes do nothing for more. I like pieces that are unique and are one of a kind. This makes breaking these pieces an emotional hit that is probably much more damning than someone using these cheaper mass produced pieces.

I have had pieces that have been shared with celebs, friends no longer with us, and girl friends that are no longer in my life, but the memories of those sessions remains in my brain. That will not break, but the item that ties the two, is gone. It is hard to responsible when you are intoxicated and when you smoke high octane combustibles it is a given you are are going to be careless. If I ever start collecting again, I will be sure to respect these objects as they are sacred in some ways, to me.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:16
Silver Member

Male from United States
derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.
Points: 1,952, Level: 6 Points: 1,952, Level: 6 Points: 1,952, Level: 6

I'd read somwhere that breaking was solved by making your own. The poster went on to say:

Quote:

..as youre blowing glass to form a bowl, create a small indent mark on the left or right side. Lightly press the *hot glass* against a non-flamable flat surface area.

-I'd seen folks who just fold up a paper towel into fourths when they wipe with it, and make a resting spot to prevent a senseless user error.

A: ime, never broken one unintentionally.
I guess that poster was saying they'd create the indent so the pipe wouldn't roll off the table.. Meh, it sounds feasible.
Old 11-03-2013, 23:36
Silver Member

Female from United States
crystalxmagick is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

At Walmart by the CLR rust remover, there's a brown bottle labeled "Whink". Swish it around in there a bit, and like magic, it will look like new You wont need more than a few drops. A bottle lasts me a year or more. Just be careful of getting it on your skin, and make sure you rinse it well with water.

Share this on:

Tags
meth, methamphetamine, smoking meth

» New Threads
Anyone pass a lab test 48-55 hours...
Last post by dugi187
11 Replies, 441 Views
Heroin Holiday- taking a break
Last post by junkiegirl110
0 Replies, 1 Views
Heroin Holiday?
Last post by junkiegirl110