Register Tags

Notices

Old 02-03-2013, 05:33
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from United Kingdom
AP78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%
How much co-codamol 30/500 CWE for heroin user ?

Hey all

Firstly, sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place or if it has been asked already. I did UTFSE but found nothing specific to my question.

I have 20 x 30/500 co -codamol pills and plan on doing a CWE. I am a daily (but not heavy) heroin user and would like to know how many pills i should start with and how long before waiting to take more if i feel it isn't enough, as to avoid OD.

Also i would like to point out that I am not interested in getting high but rather keeping withdrawals away when there is no heroin available.

And does 30/500 mean there is 30mg of codeine and 500mg of paracetamol in each pill ?

Cheers

Last edited by AP78; 02-03-2013 at 05:58. Reason: extra info
Old 03-03-2013, 16:13

Female from United Kingdom
Medium is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Re: How much co-codamol 30/500 CWE for heroin user ?

Yes it does, 30mg codeine and 500mg paracetamol so a CWE is essential

As for dose I have no idea but the LD50 is around 450mg so be careful
Old 03-03-2013, 16:37
Potter Potter is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,269, Level: 20 Points: 19,269, Level: 20 Points: 19,269, Level: 20
Activity: 59.7% Activity: 59.7% Activity: 59.7%

(out of date information removed)

As for the OP's question. How hard would it be for you to take a reasonable dose and see what happens? There ARE tons of dosing guidelines in this forum. There is no harm in not taking enough. Try 100 or 200mg and see what happens, wait an hour or so, see how you feel.

And yes, you are right about the proportion.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Information that could be harmful, please give accurate advice or at least back it up with sources.

Last edited by Potter; 07-03-2013 at 16:32.
Old 03-03-2013, 19:02
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from United Kingdom
AP78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Thanks for the replies.. I will give 150mg a go and see
Old 07-03-2013, 12:06
Titanium Member

Female from Earth
Diabolicaldoll really adds to the discussion.Diabolicaldoll really adds to the discussion.Diabolicaldoll really adds to the discussion.Diabolicaldoll really adds to the discussion.Diabolicaldoll really adds to the discussion.Diabolicaldoll really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,026, Level: 4 Points: 1,026, Level: 4 Points: 1,026, Level: 4
Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1%

Where are you getting 400mg from Potter? There have been tons of reports of people taking more than that before hitting the ceiling effect. I'm just interested as to why the certainty in 400mg?

AP78 - Usually Codeine will not touch a daily heroin user, tolerance being the problem. There's no harm in trying though, 150mg sounds relatively safe in your condition. I don't know how much heroin you use though and unless you obtain diamorphine from the doc you probably can't measure it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter View Post
Medium: Sorry, but your LD50 is wrong. Doses above 400mg are not processed by the body and simply pissed out. as far as I know, you shouldn't actually be able to OD on codeine alone as you simply don't process any extra. .
What? You cannot write on a harm reduction forum that "you can't OD on codeine". If someone had no tolerance and is sensitive to codeine then of course they can OD. I've had symptoms of an overdose off less than 200mg when my tolerance was non existent. To even tell a heroin user they can't OD on codeine is wrong, it's very unlikely but it is not certain.

To say you can't OD on codeine because the ceilling effect applies to said drug is harmful and wrong information to share.

Good call out to some potentially dangerous mis-information
Good post. Addresses some serious misinformation.

Last edited by Diabolicaldoll; 07-03-2013 at 12:06. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-03-2013, 12:32
Palladium Member

43 y/o Male from England
Space Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 5,934, Level: 11 Points: 5,934, Level: 11 Points: 5,934, Level: 11
Activity: 6.9% Activity: 6.9% Activity: 6.9%

Sorry Potter, you are wrong on this one.

Quote:
Claims about the supposed "ceiling effect" of codeine doses are based on the assumption that high doses of codeine saturate CYP2D6, preventing further conversion of codeine to morphine, however it is now known that C6G is the main metabolite responsible for codeine's analgesia
source - Wiki

Quote:
The adult lethal dose is 0.5 to 1.0 g (Gosselin et al., 1984). This dose may cause convulsions and unconsciousness, and death from respiratory failure may result within 4 hours. Moffat (1986) estimated the minimum lethal adult dose at 800 mg.

Serum concentrations over 5 mg/L were detected
in an adult who had self-administered 900 mg of
codeine intravenously; he regained
consciousness only after 3 days when serum
levels reached 1.3 mg/L (Huffman & Ferguson,
1975).

Drug concentrations in codeine fatalities are
approximately 2.8 mg/L in blood and 103.8 mg/L
in urine (Baselt & Cravey, 1989).
source http://www.inchem.org/documents/pims/pharm/codeine.htm

To the OP, i agree with Diabolicaldoll. But a dose of codeine may be enough to keep the wolf from the door at least.

Backing up information with more I formation and sources
Well backed up and informative post.
Old 07-03-2013, 16:30
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

I really don't belive able this "celing" dose of codeine. I did a CWE on 30 Tylenol 3's (30/325) and got a hell of a lot higher than when I'd do a CWE on 10 or 15.

And I don't believe you can't overdose on codeine. Codeine's metabolite is morphine. I believe the minimum LD 50 for an adult is 100 mg of morphine (oral). So I totally think codeine can kill you.

Last edited by Moving Pictures; 07-03-2013 at 16:31. Reason: can to can't/fucked up again
Old 07-03-2013, 20:39
Titanium Member

Female from Earth
Diabolicaldoll really adds to the discussion.Diabolicaldoll really adds to the discussion.Diabolicaldoll really adds to the discussion.Diabolicaldoll really adds to the discussion.Diabolicaldoll really adds to the discussion.Diabolicaldoll really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,026, Level: 4 Points: 1,026, Level: 4 Points: 1,026, Level: 4
Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving Pictures View Post
I really don't belive able this "celing" dose of codeine. I did a CWE on 30 Tylenol 3's (30/325) and got a hell of a lot higher than when I'd do a CWE on 10 or 15.

And I don't believe you can't overdose on codeine. Codeine's metabolite is morphine. I believe the minimum LD 50 for an adult is 100 mg of morphine (oral). So I totally think codeine can kill you.
You're not the first and you won't be the last to believe there is no ceiling dose for Codeine. It applies to some people but I've known for it not to apply to a lot of people.

Like I posted earlier, you can overdose from codeine. When I had a break from codeine and then took a large amount I "overdosed" from under 200mg. (some people think ODing means you have to pass out or die before you claim you over dosed, overdosing does not mean passing out or dying, it simply means you took a dose that was too high and had unwanted effects which could range from sickness to actual death). Had I taken much more than that at that time I would have had a hospital trip. I'm unsure what gave Potter the idea you can't overdose off codeine.

for pointing out that an OD doesn't mean you pass out/dye

Share this on:

Tags
codeine, cwe, heroin

» New Threads
where are the email vendors or...
Last post by Phenoxide
2 Replies, 3 Views
After 6 month adderall binge,...
Last post by blazin1096
0 Replies, 1 Views