Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Ethnobotanicals Psychedelic plants, Iboga, Calea, Blue lotus, Ephedra, Sinicuichi, Betel nut, etc.

Old 24-02-2013, 18:58
Silver Member

19 y/o Male from United States
juggalotweeker17 is captain of the psychonauts.juggalotweeker17 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 854, Level: 4 Points: 854, Level: 4 Points: 854, Level: 4
Activity: 5.3% Activity: 5.3% Activity: 5.3%
calea zachatechichi: a guide for the weak stomached

The traditional method of intake for dream herb is to grab a literal hand full of dried plant matter and roll a normal sized cigarette with a small amount of the dose while sipping a tea made by steeping the rest in hot water. If you like the gut wrenching taste of bitter alkaloids paired with extreme nausea then have at it.

But most of us dont, so screw that.

Smoking- roll about 7-20 cigarettes with dried plant material. Do NOT use a water pipe as i find the water removes a decent amount of potency. This method takes a looonnnnggg time as the leaves must be ground or else the paper wont hold well. Most ethnobotanical sites also sell herb grinders as well as chemical free papers but regular store paper works just as well. The smoke tastes much better than the tea but it still isnt tasteless. If smoking doesnt do it for you try another method. Safety is a must dont smoke in bed.

Pills- dont buy extract capsules from entho dealers as the price is usually out of this world. If you have access to a capsule machine then just use the traditional handfull of plant matter. If you dont you will have to fill empty gell or veggie capsules by hand. Get the usual handfull and optionally grind it to an ALMOST powder so it can still be picked up by hand or with tweezers. Fill the long end of the empty capsule full and cap it with the short end. By hand this will take a long time but there is very little taste and pills are very effective.

Tea mixtures- if the taste of plain calea tea is to putrid to stand then add some flavoring. Try anything besides citrus as youve probably heared before. A personal favorite is to brew a tea bag along side of a coffee filter filed with calea stapled shut to remove the need to strain. Use about 1 and 1/2 cup of water in a small pot. After steeping in barely steaming water for about twenty minutes add as much sugar that will dissolve. This drink is far from tasty but its bearable.

Combinations- this is tricky. Only use herbs that will complement the effects of calea. Start with the obvious kratom, wild dagga, and anything sedating will help with the initial getting to sleep but may harm the quality of lucidity. I dont really recommend using combos unless you know what you are doing.

Tinctures, extracts, and enhanced leaf (10x 20x 50x) - these are expensive if you can afford these they will greatly reduce the amount of bitter fluid that must be consumed. Dont smoke these its a waste and not as effective as oral use.

Now to talk about optimal setting

Setting- dark and warm. Can be used alone or with one other person prefferably that special someone. But its better to use alone.

Music- what ever you want. Trippiness doesnt really mater as the goal is to go to sleep. Try to listen to something calming or something that will set the mood for the dream you want.

Preperation- as you fall asleep think about what you want to dream about. I use this method frequently I find that it fades from vague daydreaming to full on lucidity if done right.

With that knowledge. Happy lucid dreaming.

* calea z. is far from consistent in effects meaning sometimes it works phenomenally others not at all
** you will not be instantly lucid you will have to become lucid which will be much easier than usual
*** no you can not have sex with anyone in your dream as you will essentially be having sex with your brain

Post Quality Evaluations:
Well done. Valuable Write-up.
practical and thorough treatment of a less well known substance
great topic, nice personal insight.
Great write up of a less well known substance. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by juggalotweeker17; 08-04-2013 at 21:51.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:09
Silver Member

Male from United States
Brill is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: calea zachatechichi: a guide for the weak stomached

This is good advice. The tea is awful tasting, you'll need about 3 tbsp of honey before you can even think you're enjoying it. Absolutely right, smoking it tastes better, and doing it with wild dagga (Leonurus leonotis) does go well with the leaves. I have a pipe with a large chamber that can hold water, ice or just air. I smoked the wild dagga/calea mixture with the pipe having just air. I didn't use a handful of herbs, just 1 Tbsp, steeped for 15 minutes. I have read that boiling it rather than steeping will also make the tea stronger, that is probably better, but *gack* it is bitter stuff. I had very vivid dreams several days in a row, and it seemed that they were more "controllable" towards the end of that stretch of days, where the first few days were epic, really long running Hollywood stuff. Makes you feel good to produce and enjoy dreams like that.

Post Quality Evaluations:
good job pointing out that wild dagga can potentiate the effects of calea
Old 12-03-2013, 03:27
Silver Member

juggalotweeker17 is captain of the psychonauts.juggalotweeker17 is captain of the psychonauts.

Quote:
I have a pipe with a large chamber that can hold water, ice or just air. I smoked the wild dagga/calea mixture with the pipe having just air.
If you want to go that route you can make the smoke less harsh without losing alkaloid content by filling the chamber with decent sized cleaned stones or uncooked cooled rice. It might sound dumb but the smoke will have to travel through sort of a maze to get to the mouth giving it time to cool as well as dilute
Old 12-03-2013, 03:43
Palladium Member

29 y/o Male from United States
torachi really knows their shit.torachi really knows their shit.torachi really knows their shit.torachi really knows their shit.torachi really knows their shit.torachi really knows their shit.torachi really knows their shit.torachi really knows their shit.torachi really knows their shit.torachi really knows their shit.
Points: 4,377, Level: 9 Points: 4,377, Level: 9 Points: 4,377, Level: 9
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Anybody have any luck simply eating the capsules and not smoking it? The tar and the possibility of sucking a piece of leaf thru and sticking to the back of the throat (which has happened) is a nauseating thought.

But capsules only have had limited effect. What seems to work as an optimal oral dosage?
Old 12-03-2013, 04:45
Silver Member

Quote:
Anybody have any luck simply eating the capsules and not smoking it? The tar and the possibility of sucking a piece of leaf thru and sticking to the back of the throat (which has happened) is a nauseating thought.
Absolutely i find the capsules to be much more effective than smoking and even the tea because the primary alkaloids are destroyed with heat. If you want to smoke it you can do what i do sometimes with this plant (as well as others).empty a cigarette and pack the calea in tightly. Leave the filter in and you will get much less tar.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:35
Silver Member

Good news everybody:

Tonight I was messing around in my herb drawer and I decided to try a new concoction. Here it is a way to make calea tea with a bearable taste:

Coffee, yohimbe extract powder, calea z.

Pour eight ounces of water in to a pot. Mix in the yohimbe extract into the water. Put 3 TBS. Of coffee into a filter along with 1 TBS of calea zacatechichi. Twist tie the filter shut and drop in the steeping water for 10 minutes. Stain the liquid through another coffee filter with coffee in it (use the tea as water in a coffee maker) now pour about 5 TBS of nesquick chocolate powder into the brew. Drink and wash down with coke.

You should feel euphoria and stimulation I'm noticing mild hallucinations as well.

Forgive my ignorance but just to clear this up to people in other countries. When I say wash down with coke I mean cola soft drink not cocaine.

Last edited by juggalotweeker17; 07-04-2013 at 03:37. Reason: had to make sure i was clear on the coke thing

Share this on:

Tags
calea zacatechichi, dream herb

» New Threads
Lets say it takes an hour for tea...
Last post by BellTower72
22 Replies, 533 Views
how much weight have you lost...
Last post by engineering8258
16 Replies, 1,511 Views
Choice between oxycodone and...
Last post by oshngrl