Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 23-02-2013, 03:28

25 y/o Male from United States
debro2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
What is your preferred generic brand of oxycodone, and precisely why?

Just sitting here having myself an oxy "salad" and thought it would be neat to hear about other peoples thoughts on the matter. What is your favorite of the big 3: A's, M's, or V's? Go ahead and feel free to explain why and any other feelings on the subject. Thanks and be safe!
(I wanted to post a pic I just took of all 3 of them lined up but DF won't allow that lol)

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please use more descriptive thread title in future. Also don't use abbreviations. This is an international forum where posts need to be universally understood.

Last edited by Smeg; 24-02-2013 at 22:02. Reason: Too generic a thread title.
Old 23-02-2013, 05:41
Titanium Member

Male from United States
JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 599, Level: 3 Points: 599, Level: 3 Points: 599, Level: 3
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%
Re: What is your preferred generic brand of oxycodone, and precisely why?

From a pharmacuetical standpoint, they are all under strict requirements so there is VERY little differnce between them. Although the V's no doubt have more dye in them. When I used to abuse them I would have blue Smurf boogers.

However, I tend to prefer A's or V's because they are a little smaller and a lot of counterfeit M's have been making it into pharmacies around here. But I don't do Oxy anymore. I kinda miss it though. :/
But sobriety is SOOOO much better when you weigh the positives and negatives!

Good and appropriate answer. I particularly appreciate that you both explained that objectively, they are all the same but despite that fact people still have their favorites.

Last edited by Smeg; 24-02-2013 at 22:13.
Old 23-02-2013, 05:54

25 y/o Male from United States
debro2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Lol yes I know they all have 30 mg oxycodone but whether it be a mental thing or even chemical everyone seems to prefer one over the others. For me it's the A's all the way lol taste like candy.

I couldn't agree more. Thankfully I have never given in to the almighty oxy lol. I partake occasionally and due to some extreme events and deprived time periods growing up I have some the strongest will power out there. That's what it all comes down to, the strength of your will.

Last edited by Smeg; 24-02-2013 at 22:15.
Old 23-02-2013, 10:08
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
Alza 36 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 173, Level: 2 Points: 173, Level: 2 Points: 173, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

A | 215

Gotta take 2 to feel anything.

Pleas elaborate more in future.

Last edited by Smeg; 24-02-2013 at 22:15.
Old 23-02-2013, 22:47
Banned

Male from United States
baZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12
Activity: 21.8% Activity: 21.8% Activity: 21.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKeepSwimmin View Post
From a pharmacuetical standpoint, they are all under strict requirements so there is VERY little differnce between them.
This is mostly, but not 100% true. I am desperately trying to find the source for this information, but can't at the moment, so you'll have to trust me until I hopefully can. If I recall correctly (If), there is a certain amount of variance allowed between different generics, at least when compared to the brand-name of any medication. I believe it's not in the amount, but rather in the rate of absorption.

My doctor and I spoke about this once and he told me that the absorption rate of a generic pill is allowed to vary up to 10% from the name brand. Let's say 80% of the brand name Roxicodone is absorbed when taken by mouth, even if oxycodone itself has a potential oral BA of about 87%. Unnamed Generic A has an oral BA of 72% due to fillers and the general composition of the tablet. Unnamed Generic B has an oral BA of 85%. Both of those are within 10% of the name brand (i.e., the original on the market, which is why it's the comparison point), but if you compare Unnamed Generic A to Unnamed Generic B, the latter is going to seem much stronger because a 13% difference in BA is actually quite a bit.

Anyway, I'm not trying to discount what you're saying and I actually completely agree with your post; I'm simply pointing out something I've heard in the past that I am fairly sure is accurate.

I can't really answer this question exactly, as I'm prescribed 5mg oxycodone tablets and not the 30s. Interestingly enough, though, from what I've read about personal preference it seems that the 30mg Mallinckrodts ("Ms" or "M Boxes") are quite popular. However, the 5mg Ms are terrible... I find. I order a specific generic each and every month and it actually happens to not be any of the one you listed. I prefer KVK-Tech's oxycodone, which is imprinted with a K and a number I forget. At the time I switched over, I had a few Mallinckrodt's left. I tried taking my usual dose of those in the morning, and the same dose of the KVK in the evening just to see the difference. The latter worked so much better it's almost indescribable. Whether that was based on biology or a placebo effect, I don't know either, but it's really quite amazing how different two can seem (whatever the reason) given the strict guidelines put on their manufacturing.

Last edited by Smeg; 24-02-2013 at 22:16.
Old 23-02-2013, 22:52
Silver Member

Male from USA - New York
babalooj is captain of the psychonauts.babalooj is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 224, Level: 2 Points: 224, Level: 2 Points: 224, Level: 2
Activity: 8.4% Activity: 8.4% Activity: 8.4%

baZiNG that is so interesting, i need to find more about that.
I would often argue with people, as they never liked my generic pills and would be picky in those terms, while i thought it was the stupidest idea ever, they are all the same!
But with that info, maybe they aren't being picky bastards

Last edited by Smeg; 24-02-2013 at 22:11.
Old 24-02-2013, 00:03
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,536, Level: 12 Points: 7,536, Level: 12 Points: 7,536, Level: 12
Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4%

I like the 215/30 's myself they seem to dissolve when I eat them the fastest. When it comes to swallowing them, I find little difference. When it comes to snorting them, I like the 215/30's again the best as they seem to crush the best.

I tried oxycodone for a while and only had the M 30 and the 215/30's so I don't have the best of experience.

Last edited by Smeg; 24-02-2013 at 22:20.
Old 24-02-2013, 09:13
Titanium Member

Male from United States
JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baZING View Post
This is mostly, but not 100% true. I am desperately trying to find the source for this information, but can't at the moment, so you'll have to trust me until I hopefully can. If I recall correctly (If), there is a certain amount of variance allowed between different generics, at least when compared to the brand-name of any medication. I believe it's not in the amount, but rather in the rate of absorption.
I would have to see proof to believe that one. How could the FDA possibly let one manufacturer have a higher bioavailability than another? Especially at as high of a difference as 13%. If what you're saying is true, then choosing the manufacturer can be a choice between life and death. 13% is indeed quite a bit of a difference.

Last edited by Smeg; 24-02-2013 at 22:21.
Old 24-02-2013, 15:57
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

27 y/o Male from United States
N0rthrnCa707 is captain of the psychonauts.N0rthrnCa707 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 276, Level: 2 Points: 276, Level: 2 Points: 276, Level: 2
Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5%

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/AboutFD.../UCM226568.pdf

This should clear up some questions. It still pertains to the topic of this thread.

Excellent info!
very interesting link; ty for sharing this information

Last edited by Smeg; 24-02-2013 at 22:22.
Old 24-02-2013, 20:43
Banned

Male from United States
baZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12
Activity: 21.8% Activity: 21.8% Activity: 21.8%

That's a good link N0rthern. I should also clear up that I realized what I said before wasn't even what my doctor was asserting. I sent him an e-mail to ask him and just told him I was curious. Despite what that link says about there being "no variance," my doctor is quite certain the variance in BA of a generic versus the brand can be a total of 10%, which makes way more sense than what I initially remembered. That is, if the name brand has a BA of 82%, there can be a range of absorption from 77-87% in the generics. Seeing as the comparison is only made to the brand and not between different generics, there could only a difference of +/- 5% if this is true.

Now, this may still be not true and I'm not saying my doctor is infallible by any means. But based on my own experience and the strong preference that many people have for certain generics make me suspect it's definitely possible. Despite what that FDA article says, if there is only a +/-5% difference in BA for any given generic compared to the brand name, this may be a small enough amount for the FDA consider it functionally the same. Yes, a 10% difference between the generic with the lowest BA and the one with the highest is a decently large difference, but 5% is not. So, for the umpteenth time, I'm really not trying to say I'm positive this is true, but it most certainly could be as these numbers are much more reasonable and may not be considered statistically significant.

As we were having this discussion about medicine in general, it's possible this is only true for non-scheduled medications. It's also possible it's not true at all!

My doctor is going to try and look for some information for me, but no promises. Sorry this is a bit off topic, but I figured it adds an extra layer to the original topic and still relevant in the discussion of why people may have favorites. It's an interesting discussion nonetheless.

Last edited by Smeg; 24-02-2013 at 22:23.
Old 24-02-2013, 21:15
Titanium Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by baZING View Post
Now, this may still be not true and I'm not saying my doctor is infallible by any means. But based on my own experience and the strong preference that many people have for certain generics make me suspect it's definitely possible. Despite what that FDA article says, if there is only a +/-5% difference in BA for any given generic compared to the brand name, this may be a small enough amount for the FDA consider it functionally the same. Yes, a 10% difference between the generic with the lowest BA and the one with the highest is a decently large difference, but 5% is not. So, for the umpteenth time, I'm really not trying to say I'm positive this is true, but it most certainly could be as these numbers are much more reasonable and may not be considered statistically significant.
Sorry if it seems like I'm picking on you. I truly am not. I just want to get the proper info out there. The link also goes on the mention that manufacturers can only deviate by +/-6% in the timeframe of absorbtion and by only +/-4% in BA compared to brand name drugs. Those are much more believable numbers. And a timeframe difference of 6% could explain why people prefer one over another, because it has the possibility to hit you 6% faster, which in my opinion would be noticable. But a bioavailabilty difference of a MAXIMUM of +/-4% is unnoticable in my opinion unless you're talking about HUGE doses.

Having said all of that, I guess it isn't ALL mental when someone prefers one over another. This thread has turned very informative! haha

Last edited by Smeg; 24-02-2013 at 22:24.

Share this on:

Tags
oxycodone