Register Tags

Notices

Old 19-02-2013, 23:49
Silver Member

30 y/o Female from United States
Nicnac is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1
Activity: 7.6% Activity: 7.6% Activity: 7.6%
How long do the side effects of Suboxone last?

Ok a little background, I do not usually use opiates or pharmaceuticals at all. I very casually use uppers like meth but haven't done so in over a week.

My friends take suboxone recreationally saying they feel a "controlled euphoria" from it. I decided I wanted to see what it was all about. Since none of us are battling opiate addiction I was informed not to take the entire sublingual strip.

About 36 hours ago I took half the strip. I waited about an hour and barely felt anything from it. Then I got the bright idea to take the other half of the strip. I was completely spun. I felt great for hours. I suspect it wasn't until coming down I started to feel bad. I was nauseous & dizzy. I threw up and felt better but still not sober. My friend told me after a few hours he sobers up & is good to drive and everything. I tried to eat and drink thinking maybe this would help. Ended up throwing up some more.

So I pretty much slept all day. I was able to keep my food down last night. Got in my car to drive home and started feeling nauseous again. I just got done being sick AGAIN. It's been nearly 2 days & I'm still not feeling normal.

I've searched the forums and Internet in general and can't find any answers as to the timeline. And all the experiences I seem to find about it are from people going through opiate withdrawal so some aspects wouldn't apply to me.

Anyone have any similar experiences? How long until you felt fine again? Is this normal? Thanks!
Old 20-02-2013, 05:31
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

27 y/o Male from United States
N0rthrnCa707 is captain of the psychonauts.N0rthrnCa707 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 276, Level: 2 Points: 276, Level: 2 Points: 276, Level: 2
Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5%
Re: How long do the side effects of Suboxone last?

I seriously have a friend who is pretty opiate niave who took one of mine. Same effects. His lasted a couple days. He was knocked the fuck out and it's completely weird to me because bupe is weak as fuck in one way, but pretty strong in another way. So I can understand.
Good luck, really long half life with buprenorphine.
Old 20-02-2013, 20:40
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United Kingdom
bjarkii is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 157, Level: 2 Points: 157, Level: 2 Points: 157, Level: 2
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

sounds like you just dosed too high and you'll start feeling better soon. bup has a very long half life so any effects are going to last a long time especially as you took what? 8mg?

you have no idea how frustrating it is when i give my opiate naive friends a dose of suboxone which doesnt even alleviate withdrawals completely for me and they're high as a kite off it haha.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:52
Titanium Member

24 y/o Male from USA - Arkansas
PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.
Points: 4,492, Level: 9 Points: 4,492, Level: 9 Points: 4,492, Level: 9
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

I took a dose about 48 hours ago. I only took about 3mg. I was worried because I thought I might have screwed my brain up somehow.

Well anyway, here I am 48 hours later and I'm finally starting to feel better. So just wait it out and you should probably be fine.

Since your dose was way higher and you don't take opiates much, it will probably take a little longer.

Post back and let us know some more details.
Old 06-03-2013, 17:11

39 y/o Male from United States
MrVicodin2005 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

I know this has been asked a million times and I'm new here, so please pardon me. I have a pretty high tolerance to opiates. I took an 8mg suboxone this morning around 7am. It really didn't help the feelings of withdrawal that I was feeling. As luck would have it, I was able to procure 60mg of oxycodone. Seeing as I rarely take Suboxone, does anyone think I would be safe to take the oxy tomorrow? I know better than to take it today. Any help would be appreciated....before tomorrow morning. =)

Post Quality Evaluations:
This is unrelated to the topic and should go in the appropriate thread.
Old 07-03-2013, 18:09

39 y/o Male from United States
MrVicodin2005 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1

Well, I'll reply to my own thread. After waiting exactly 24 hours I woke up in mild w/d so I insuffulated 15mg oxycodone. I could tell that it was having a little effect so I IV'd the other 45mg of oxy. It was a MILD rush that lasted all of about 10 minutes then was gone. I always pick the wrong time to take Bupe. So, instead of getting more oxy, I procured a 100mcg Fentanyl patch. I've taken this medication before, so i'm ok with the tolerance. My point, even though I took just 8mg of Suboxone, I clearly should've waited at least 48 hours before taking a full agonist. I learned my lesson.
Old 16-03-2013, 03:01
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
Twan is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 147, Level: 1 Points: 147, Level: 1 Points: 147, Level: 1

When someone says not to take over a certain amount that usually means they have a very good reason for saying that, suboxone is a very strong and potent drug and 500mcg will have an opiate naive person feeling good.
Old 20-03-2013, 12:41
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United Kingdom
DCEE is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 132, Level: 1 Points: 132, Level: 1 Points: 132, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Personally during my time addicted to Buprenorphine the main side effects that I got from Buprenorphine where -

Excess Energy Inability to sleep - This side effect was at the start of my addiction when I first started experimenting this lasted about 1 month.

Loss of appetite - This lasted about 2 month.

Mood swings - This lasted throughout my addiction about 3 month.

Feeling Like being sick but never actually being sick - This side effect would depend on the dose if I went to high then I would get nauseous. But when tolerance built this effect would go away.

I know these effects are not the same as yours. I was just telling people my experiences with side effects of buprenorphine and how long these side effects would last so they could know what to expect and how long to expect it.

I hope this Information helps people reading.
- /
David,
Old 20-03-2013, 13:13

44 y/o Male from United States
stonedintexas is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
naltrexone

i took one 50 mg pill how long til i can feel the effects of opiates again.
Old 20-03-2013, 17:31
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
Ghetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline Medline
Points: 5,832, Level: 11 Points: 5,832, Level: 11 Points: 5,832, Level: 11
Activity: 10.7% Activity: 10.7% Activity: 10.7%

Hey there,

For one, lets keep this thread on topic people, not about when you can take your next dose of unrelated opiates.

To the OP, I've experienced exactly what you did...

I had quit heroin for over a month or so and one day my buddy stops by with some 8mg suboxone tablets. He tells me one will barely do anything (fucking liar lol) and so I place it under my tongue and let it dissolve for an hour. I waited about 3 hours or so and felt barely buzzed so I decided off to bed...

Fast-forward 15-16hrs, I wake up in a daze, I pretty much passed out until this point, my alarm clock is buzzing and I have a bunch of missed calls from my manager. I look at the clock and I'm 15mins late for work. I try to get up and into the shower and I'm white as a ghost throwing up everywhere. I managed to get to work feeling like hell. This lasted the rest of the night, and into the next morning.

So I know exactly how you feel/felt, the effects should wear off within 72hrs or so from when you took the dose. But I could see it lasting for 4 days.

My mother and step-father got what they deserved one time. They kicked me out of the house while I was in full-fledged heroin withdrawal because they found some suboxone and methadone pills in my car after snooping. Well being the major hypocrites they are, they decided to each try an 8mg pill only to be bed-ridden for 2 days with the same effects. Karmas a bitch lol.

Even after IV'ing a decent amount of heroin, the best dose for me has been between 1-4mg. And one time my father had major tooth pain and had to pull his own tooth (hell of a strong will). I gave him a .25mg piece off a 8mg strip, and cut it in half. (You could barely see the little pieces.) He took .125mg and said he felt strong effects from it for about 2 days. And this is a guy who used to be on 400mg of morphine and 360mg of oxycontin a day many years ago, so take that as you will.

Report back on how long it took to get better

-GC

Post Quality Evaluations:
Very good Information. Stayed on topic.

Last edited by Ghetto_Chem; 21-03-2013 at 16:42.
Old 20-03-2013, 18:15
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United Kingdom
DCEE is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 132, Level: 1 Points: 132, Level: 1 Points: 132, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

NN & GC

I think it is very common for people to have a bad reaction to Buprenorphine.

Due to the fact that Buprenorphine is a very potent drug. And the fact that people take a lot more than would be necessary for a first time try.
I believe that is the main reason people take a nauseous turn by taking two much of the drug at one time.

A lot of people in my personal life have asked me how I got any sort of enjoyment out of Buprenorphine when all it did was make them sick.
I cannot answer there question maybe it is due to the fact that I have a long history of Opiate/Opioid abuse. Or maybe it is because we all react differently and could take the exact same dose and have completely different outcomes.

-
David,

Last edited by DCEE; 23-03-2013 at 12:37.

Share this on:

Tags
buprenorphine