Notices

Old 16-02-2013, 22:58
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

24 y/o Male from United States
BBexperimenter is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
snorting vs taking orally (wow!)

Hi, well I am prescribed adderall and its not a huge dose (5mg ir), but I must admit I have taken much larger doses for rectreational activities (45 mg). I dont take adderall very often as it destroys my gains in the weight room (I am obsessed with lifting and running). Lately i have had to take it more than i like for multiple job interviews and mid terms for my senior year at college. Two days ago I needed some focus but it was later at night and I had been told snorting the adderall lasts much less longer than taking it orally. I snorted just 5 mg and dear mother of god. I have never felt something like what I felt, and I want to not ever waste taking it orally again I know its not good to do this, but that was just crazy. I know my tolerance isnt the highest, so that may be something.

My question is: What were the major differences between snorting and taking orally (experiences people have had) and have others had trouble stopping the snorting? Also how destructive is snorting to the brain/nasal passage and how often will permanent harm happen to teh nasal passage? Im just very curious and I have read a lot of other posts, but I wanted to see more personal experiences people had. wow I wrote too much, Sorry!!!
Old 16-02-2013, 23:23
Palladium Member

64 y/o Male from United States
scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.
Points: 1,395, Level: 5 Points: 1,395, Level: 5 Points: 1,395, Level: 5
Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4%
Re: snorting vs taking orally (wow!)

I can't speak from a medical point of view on the damage of insulfation. It can't be good, but I do know that the fixating on the ritual of snorting can be an addiction all it's own.

I am a Cocaine addict and speak from personal experience. The pulverizing, dividing, snorting, playing with various sizes of the lines, piling it up, redistributing the pile, snorting...it all became part of the addiction.

The obsessive power of the ritual cannot be overstated. Even though you probably wouldn't be re-dosing Adderal anywhere near as often as one would with Coke, the ritual still remains the one trigger that makes Coke tempting again, even though I've been clean for 32 years.

Watching Cocaine being prepped and used in movies or TV have no effect on my will power. Also, seeing baggies of salt, sugar or flour doesn't effect me at all. But, if I find myself needing to innocently sort or separate any of these "look-a-likes", those horrible memories of the times of my life wasted come screaming back....and it also causes "that notion to just cross my mind"

Hope that helped.

Post Quality Evaluations:
From start to finish, this post is so deftly illustrated. It (correctly) gives rise to retrospection. Emotional intelligence, plus the wisdom of personal experience.
Good advice, written from experience.
Great description about what makes substances so addictive other than the substances themselves.
great advice, has experience
Old 17-02-2013, 03:18

Thanks so much for the insight! Like I said, I am brand new to this and have never snorted anything till now. I must admit, the process you described felt empowering for some reason even as a first time as well as the euphoria that i never get from taking orally (unless i take a huge dose). I have never tried cocaine, but i imagine, as you stated, the process is very similair. I want to say im only going to do it on weekends for recreation, but I also know its playing with a slippery slope :/ we shall see i suppose. Thanks again for your thoughts!
Old 17-02-2013, 23:08
Palladium Member

scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.

Being new to the forum, you probably haven't had the time to look around much.

I suggest that you go onto an Opiate Addiction thread and count the times someone has become 100% addicted and has had their entire life changed by the thought that, "I'm just going to use when"...(insert amount of product, time frame, location, etc.). They honestly believed they would only shoot up on weekends. No sane person starts out to be addicted to anything, but almost every single addict thought they could control their drug intake and ROA.

I am one of those people who thought, "I'm just going to"....do Coke when I can afford it. Within a year I was thousands of dollars in debt, almost lost my wife and job and had nothing to show for it, except the experience I'm trying to share with you.

I truly hope you are able to "ONLY" insulfate on weekends. In that light, I extend the offer to PM me if you get "the notion" to try other stimulants. Meth, Coke, numerous RC's are all very tempting and will call out to you when your affair with Adderal wears thin.

Tell yourself the truth. You're already craving that "first time" experience. Please look around the Forum and you'll discover that there are no reports about anyone ever being able to recreate "the fist time" with top grade product.

Hope your one of the lucky. I wish you only success in life.

Really good point about addiction to any type of ROA - that the sniffing ROA has addictive potential in and of itself
Old 17-02-2013, 23:23

I appreciate the concerns and although I have not made too many posts on the forum I have lurked around it on a lot of my spare time. I enjoy seeing all the different aspects people have on drugs including the addiction forums. As far as opiates are concerned I have tried them and I didnt like them very much at all. Benzos were or, I just dont think I like downers that much. I also have read that opiates are far more addicting then amphetamines are. With that being said, I do see myself having control issues with stimulants. I wouldnt try cocaine, simply because I have seen many documentaries stating how dealers cut it sooooo much and im not into unknown substances. same with meth. the only thing left is adderall. I just feel like because i dont use during the week i am ok for now, but your right. I need to be very weary of falling down the slippery slope. Thanks for the concern, and Im glad you seem to have come out of it!
Old 19-02-2013, 07:48

integroa00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

Personally from what i have seen for recreational use snorting is a favorite. Downside is lack of longevity. Orally is ok. Its how i take mine. Lasts much longer and don't seem to need as much compared to someone i know who snorts them. Do yourself a favor only snort on occasion. Adderall addiction can get ugly quick. Good Luck to you
Old 21-02-2013, 00:54
Silver Member

38 y/o Male from United States
Gutterballz is an unknown quantity at this point

Just remember that Adderall is the pharmaceutical name for amphetamine salts. It is no less addictive than the meth/speed one gets on the streets. Your life can be ruined if not careful; whether bought at the pharmacy or the corner dealer.
Old 22-02-2013, 03:24
Silver Member

38 y/o Female from United States
mjsummer is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Hi,
Although I have only been dabbling with Adderall for about 7 months (I am prescribed 20mg XR for diagnosed ADHD) I do take it as prescribed but about once a month I take more than I am prescribed and go on a 2-3 day binge to "get stuff & things at home done). So, I have tried many methods and asked friends who use it to get the most out of my meds. I just wanted to tell you what I have found.

First, are you taking Instant release or XR? To me there's a big difference even when snorting. IR definitely gets me more 'tweeked & euphoric feeling' than snorting crushed XR. The first couple times I snorted I thought it was the best way to take it too and was like I'm never swallowing them again but that wore off, lol. I had thought that maybe it was my tolerance but I wasn't taking it daily and had at least 3-4 weeks in between and then the next time snorting just didn't do anything. Also, after you snort it for a while you will develop a faucet of a runny sore nose that is hard to hide (I didn't get this the first 10 or so binges it developed later and now happens everytime). I have heard that the XR can cause blindness from snorting (i'm sure it's rare and it didn't stop me). I always follow all the advice about not having citrus and other things that cause it to break down quicker. In my own experience I have found that taking them orally is the best and snorting turned into a waste after a while. I don't even take them crushed orally because this way didn't even seem to last or be as intense as not crushing even though the downside is the XR says it releases the other half 4 hours later the effects only last the first 4 hours for me.

I really think everyone's body has different effects to different methods when it comes down to it. You just have to do a lot of experimenting with different things (which unfortunately means using more of your stash) to find out what is going to work the best.

Good luck!
Old 22-02-2013, 03:50

Male from USA - Illinois
RX420 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 293, Level: 2 Points: 293, Level: 2 Points: 293, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

This is how I became extremely addicted to adderall. Snorting from day one of script. It helps me but I can not use without abusing. It Mott certainly messed up my sinuses and nasal membranes for months after each binge .

RX420 added 1 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

I'm a newbie now? Lol

Last edited by RX420; 22-02-2013 at 03:50. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 22-02-2013, 20:11

Thanks for the info! thats what I was looking to know! I am prescribed 10 mg ir now. I never take them. I mean I took them as prescribed at first but it was just crazy being drugged up the entire time even though the medication does fix the adhd symptoms, I just wish it wasnt such a bandaid fix. I still have only snorted just 5 mg one time. Sad to hear it wont be the same as time goes on. I sort of figured that, but at least my tolerance is never going to be high since I take them once every few weeks. Really I like them cause it makes me normal in a social setting. If I do continue to snort (which i probably will try at least one more time cause my god i have never felt a euphoria like that...that sounds so bad haha) i will make sure its extremely few and far between. U guys are awesome for giving me so much insight

As far as addiction is concerned, I know I have extreme potential for addiction on the stimulant side of things. Honestly the only thing that keeps me from addiction is the fact that I pride myself on my work, studies, and most of all my athletic figure. Im obsessed with being in top shape in the gym, and losing that is something i cant afford cause im obsessive haha.
Old 22-02-2013, 22:50
Palladium Member

Good man. Glad to hear some of our personal experiences were helpful for you.

Now the real test starts. Living up to the goals you set for yourself.

May your will power carry the day...and the next.

Last edited by scartissue_68; 25-02-2013 at 22:46.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:30

29 y/o Male from United States
thriller219 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1

I have been prescribed (30 mg/day, 2 x 15 mg) for years, didn't start snorting til about 2 years ago. Snorting is certainly preferable, though for me I use it as a way to take less of the drug rather than intensifying the high. I can snort probably 10mg a day and have roughly the same outcome as taking orally 30mg.

Most often I simply let it dissolve under my tongue, but in periods of heavy use and/or to salvage what I have left, I lean towards snorting. The returns do dissipate though, in that the intensity you get from snorting decreases. I find it best to mix up the method of administration. After not taking orally for a while, taking it orally will give you more impact than snorting, and vis versa.

Regardless, responsibility is key. It's "a hell of a drug", and tolerance to some degree is inevitable with regular use, though far less so than other drugs. DXM is great for reducing tolerance if needed.
Old 02-03-2013, 19:17
Silver Member

Male from United States
death&decay is a decent psychonaut.death&decay is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 201, Level: 2 Points: 201, Level: 2 Points: 201, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Hey bud, so I know you are not here so that you can get people to tell you what you should and shouldn't do with your own body, but as much as I know this won't do anything, I really believe you should read these people replies and seriously listen. I am pretty sure just about every single drug addict started out the same way. First it's taking pills orally, then it's snorting pills, next thing you know your snorting coke and before you know it your shooting it just to keep yourself from being sick.. It's crazy I know, and it sounds so far fetched that you would never be in that situation, but my friend I promise you that no junky would of ever thought they would become a junky. I know I sure didn't... And it's something that I now must deal with every day of my life probably for the rest of my life and i am still a young guy.

So anyways, the big problem here is that even though I can tell you all of this and rather its totally true or not means nothing to you because you havent had the experience, and unfortunately drugs are one of those things that you just have to experience for yourself. We all think we are strong and are able to control ourselves, but man its a different story with drugs. Drugs can take the strongest person, the most willed individual with strength like you wouldn't believe and still turn them out and spit them on the streets with nothing but a disease to follow them around. It's tough man, it really is. But, like everyone, its not something someone can tell you, its something you must do for yourself.

Just try and be safe, and if you find yourself fantasizing about getting high throughout the day you should really think long and hard about the actions you take with further use of drugs. It's a very, very, VERY slipper slope, and once you fall it's not so easy to get back up.

Best of luck, hope you find peace!

Only experience can stop a person from becoming an addict, sadly. Wise words from death&decay and I hope they are heeded.
So true, no one thinks they will become addicted.
Old 23-07-2013, 09:43

22 y/o Male from United States
Timboslice is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1

I'm one one 30 mg . Took it orally but have never snorted it... by the looks of it on this thread, I'm gonna continue with popping and never snorting up my nose.... F that!
Old 24-07-2013, 23:37

19 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Acfryan should review received reputation comments.
Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1

In my opinion, I find that taking it anally works best, I've never had adderall so I'm speaking from experience with street amphetamine, when I binge I take some different ways. I empty out a few cold and flu capsules and fill them with amphetamine, il take one and keep the other for after, then il snort some and then mix some in warm water and insert it recalls with a syringe, then after il dip the other capsule into warm water and then plug it anally, il then squirt some warm water in to dissolve the capsule, last but not least il put some under my tongue. When I binge I can use from 1 gram to 3.5. Taking it all the way I do I get one buzz after another, the snorting euphoria kicks in then as that slows the rectal one does then the oral so I get loads of different highs shooting through my body and it feels amazing, it keeps me away for hours. Usually il play guitar or play Xbox while I'm tweaking. Sometimes I fall into the long masturbation session and during it it's great but I regret it after as I realise I've spent the full night going haha. I would defo suggest rectal use alongside other methods

Acfryan added 0 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Insert it rectally*

Last edited by Acfryan; 24-07-2013 at 23:37. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 26-07-2013, 22:23
Silver Member

Female from United States
maeve is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1

seriously?
besides the nastiness factor - isnt anal administration unpredictable to the point of danger?? hard to determine safe dosage? honestly i did hear that
Old 25-10-2013, 23:53

19 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Acfryan should review received reputation comments.
Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1

I usually use it in small chunks, but I do it throughout the night
Old 26-10-2013, 01:07
Silver Member

52 y/o Female from United States
BreakingGood is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Experiment: I have not had success snorting anything other than nose-spray, so one evening I decided to make myself a hydrocodone nose-spray, using some of my husband's Scotch as both a solvent and a propellant. I poured my concoction into an empty, well-rinsed nose-spray bottle and squeezed hard.

I was sneezing so desperately and spasmodically I thought I was going to start puking. I was terrified my kids would come in and ask what was wrong with me!! (General lack of fundamental smarts.)

Result of experiment: alcohol and the nasal passages don't mix?
Old 11-01-2014, 16:24
Banned

Male from United Kingdom
Magic Wizard 2013 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Hi, i know this is about Adderall, but i just wanted to give you a wee insight into my experience with abusing stimulants!
I had ADHD as a kid, but never took my Ritalin 10mg i was prescribed and didn't actually take Methylphenidate/ Ritalin until i was 15. I found the box in my medicine cupboard, and by this stage i was knee deep in drug abuse, after reading that they were abusable, of course i took the two boxes and took 1 orally, i felt kinda chilled, and good and productive, but after that of course i couldn't help but try it the real fun way i.e. snorting.
After maybe 2 hours from snorting I was lying on my bed in euphoria having sent a text to practically everyone on my contact list telling them all the reasons why i loved them..haha Music sounded amazing, my productivity levels were off the scale!

It wasn't long, maybe a month or so before I was sitting in front of a Psychologist for my ADHD assesment, which.. for a test, it's probably the only test i've ever Aced first time in my life haha. And basically I was on a mission to get Ritalin. My Pyschiatrist took my weight and hight and prescribed me 10mg of Eqyasm which is just a name for extended release Methylphenidate/ Ritalin. that got bumped up to 20mg after a few weeks, I think it was bumped up to 25mg before I actually started getting in trouble with finishing the prescription faster than i should have. This raised questions with the Chemist and Doctors, and they put me on a weekly dispense, i could only get 7 tablets a week. Sometimes i didn't take it in the morning for school just so i could snort it when i came home to get a rush. I would just lie on my bed and listen to music or go on the internet or play games etc, really UN-productive stuff.
It wasn't long before I was snorting it before school, and taking way higher oral doses, and i practically "breezed" my way through school, is the only word i can describe it. It was like i was as light as a feather, i just floated round the school in euphoria, every class was amazing and i was answering questions that i didn't even know the answer too! My friend used 2 ring me after school and hear me snorting lines while on the phone. I often found myself crying once i came down, and cut myself with scissors and was hateful to my family, they always got my foul behavior during my comedowns every night.

About a year after I left school and went to college, by this stage i was on roughly 40mg of Equasym and 5mg of Instant release Ritalin for when i came home from college to prolong the effect. This was when i started smoking Cannabis every day. I bought it every week and smoked it every morning as soon as i got up, and all throughout the day. This is when i really lost it. I would snort a line of 40mg of Equasym every morning after my breakfast, and litterally did this every day for months. i also brought bags of crushed up Ritalin to top myself up with lines during college time. I became deathly stick thin and pyschotic. i was dancing on tables, swearing to teachers faces, starting fights, shoplifting, kart wheeling round the college, just doing everything wrong. I would come home from college, and snort more lines, I'd have sex with my short term girlfriend for long periods and then just lie and listen to music. i would feel sick at dinner, couldn't eat, then eventually lost my girl, nearly got kicked out, my nose started bleeding, i started getting anxious and paranoid every morning, sweating too much, feeling so nervous, it got to the stage where if i snorted a line i INSTANTLY got Diarrhea, and emptied everything in my stomach. i couldn't snort it anymore, i just was never off the toilet. so i started taking it normally and after getting expelled from college, it was time for me to calm down on it.
And i did! i went to a new college, still smoked weed everyday, but took my ritalin normally and only snorted it at the weekends! (the diarrhea stopped once i reduced the abuse of it.)
But BOY it wasn't the end of madness for me, fast forward like 3 years onwards to now, and I tried to stop smoking weed, and within 4 days i was put in hospital for 3 weeks, there was such underlying mental illness that none of the doctors could see because of all the weed and prescriptions i was taking which were actually making me so much worse, im off everything now, weed ritalin everything, but jesus christ it was some journey! haha,

this may be of no relevance to you but basically my advice is, if your going to play with fire, at least play with it safely and not too often!
Adderall is obviously way more dangerous as it's proper amphetamine, and Ritalin is only an Amphetamine derivative!
BE SAFE DUDE!

Good harm reduction.
Old 11-01-2014, 18:07
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
Gimpy is captain of the psychonauts.Gimpy is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 375, Level: 3 Points: 375, Level: 3 Points: 375, Level: 3

Yes, snorting Adderall is definitely a more intense feeling and shorter-lived than taking it orally, but if it becomes a habit you'll end up snorting 40 milligrams a day like my turtle does. He constantly feels fatigued unless he has amphetamines. Just be careful, it can turn into an addiction fast.
Old 11-01-2014, 23:54
Banned

Male from United Kingdom
Magic Wizard 2013 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

I know you all have to pay for your prescriptions, but see over here in the UK where we get it for free, makes it so much more easy to abuse meds etc, cus we aint buying them, and thus don't appreciate the value. I actually feel a bit teary when i think about the days when i used to literally 'skip' to the chemist to collect my ritalin, and felt manic as i walked home, picturing that first painfupleasurable sensation from my first sniff! (made that word up btw) the rise of Euphoria, the buzz to do anything and everything....
the laugh of it all is....

I'm labelled as a Psychotic patient who abuses medications and street drugs and am on weekly dispense for Anti physchotics and am never allowed to be prescribed Ritalin again from the Psychosis.
Now that, is life dealing you a rough hand!
Old 14-01-2014, 03:35
Mercury Member

26 y/o Male from United States
sourdough needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

meh -- me personally, find snorting it to be a waste... i'd rather just pop 60 mg on an empty stomach with 4 tums an hour before.
Old 14-01-2014, 04:00
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.
Points: 3,349, Level: 8 Points: 3,349, Level: 8 Points: 3,349, Level: 8
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%

Be carful upgrading ROAs, one day snorting won't be enough and you could upgrade again to plugging, and when that gets old, the final stop is IV. And IVing prescription pills is a very dangerous thing. Go back to oral before you get sucked in to junkie usage. Please, for you life and sanity. Amphetamines can become a nightmare real fast. I speak from experience.

Good and helpful post from a man who knows. Take his word for it. :/
The “Junkie Ladder“ is steep, but great to use as a measure of abuse/addiction. Once you are IVing, then you are at rock bottom
Old 10-02-2014, 01:33
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
Dschump is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 265, Level: 2 Points: 265, Level: 2 Points: 265, Level: 2

I will be the first to say I am an addict who has abused stimulants of all kinds, however I can also remember having the desire as a 6 year old being prescribed Ritalin due to my ADHD diagnosis, and eventually getting off them completely once entering high school. However it wasn't until I was around 19 after high school when I found that taking a slightly larger dose had a much different effect on me and from that point on I was off and running. Not only did I have the paper work proving my ADD but now I was older and could use my addict persona to persuade practically any doctor or doctors what drugs I needed to make me feel "better" this side show of doctor shopping and pill popping has been going off and on like this for around 7 years and let me tell you, it fucking sucks. its a vicious cycle that can pull you in and in some cases never come out. addiction is real dude. I fucking hated this shit when i was 6 and now at age 25 I cant get enough. Im just telling you, be safe and don't let occasional fun turn into "dude WTF I need my "fun" right now." no but seriously, shits for real. be safe.
Old 20-02-2014, 02:43
Silver Member

52 y/o Female from United States
BreakingGood is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

I keep my Adderall in one of those month-long pill sorters and never skip ahead a day, because I can see that I'll have less. I thought they weren't available in the UK!!

Share this on:

Tags
adderall