Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Dissociatives > DXM
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

DXM Dextromethorphan

Old 12-02-2013, 06:17

Female from United States
LooLooLoo should review received reputation comments.
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
How long will it take for the Suboxone to get out of my system

I've been taking Suboxone 6mg a day for about 3 weeks. I took some DXM pills two nights ago and only got to the second plateau. Before I started taking Suboxone I would always reach the fourth or fifth plateau. So I know the Subs are blocking the effects of the DXM. My question is how many days will it take for the Suboxone to be adequately enough out of my system so I can experience the fourth and fifth plateau again?

Please don't leave comments saying I shouldn't do DXM as it will just be a waste of your time and mine.
Old 12-02-2013, 21:26
Silver Member

20 y/o Male from United States
Doctor Rockzo! is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1
Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6%
Re: How long will it take for the Suboxone to get out of my system

Fifth plateau? You mean the plateau that doesn't exist?Hah, no wonder you didnt hit it.
How much did you take? And via syrup, gels or what? Dxm pills? Thats most cough medicine.

And where are you coming from with the "don't say I shouldny do dxm"?
You are in the dxm section of a drug abuse forum (more importantly a harm reduction forum), and you shouldn't take dxm with opiates. Thats a horrendous idea in general.
Old 13-02-2013, 19:07
Silver Member

Male from United States
PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.
Points: 1,084, Level: 5 Points: 1,084, Level: 5 Points: 1,084, Level: 5
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%

You need to give a lot more data if you want answers to a question like this.

First, you need to tell us the actual scientifically recognized name of the drug you are using. Suboxone is a brand name that usually refers to a preparation that contains a mixture of two drugs. But not everyone is going to know this, so be specific.

Then you need to provide the dose of DXM that you took measured in milligrams. This should be easy to determine since the labeling of the product should specify the exact dose. And you must provide your weight so that people can have an idea of how that dose should have affected you.

And any other relevant information should also be provided.

But what you experienced doesn't really make sense anyway. Buprenorphine is metabolized by CYP3A4 to an extent and so is DXM. Buprenorphine's metabolite, Norbuprenorphine, should not have much if any effect on the metabolism of DXM and neither should Naloxone. This means that Suboxone should have made the trip stronger if anything.

And the pharmacological activities of these drugs shouldn't interfere with those of DXM since the main effects of DXM have nothing to do with opiate receptors.

So the seemingly weak nature of your last robotrip probably isn't due to the Suboxone IMO. I thin there must be some other variable that you have not accounted for that is messing up the effects of DXM for you.

But if you really think that the Suboxone is the problem, then you should take break from it for a minimum of one week in order for it to have left your system according to this resource:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood Toxicology Laboratory -Buprenorphine Drug Information
Metabolism

Buprenorphine is rapidly metabolized in the liver by the cytochrome P450 system to form a pharmacologically active N-dealkylated metabolite, norbuprenorphine and glucuronide conjugates. Buprenorphine and norbuprenorphine are excreted in urine almost exclusively as glucuronides with very little free drug being detected. Studies indicate that concentration of free buprenorphine and norbuprenorphine in urine can be less than 1 ng/mL following therapeutic administration, but can range up to 20 ng/mL in abuse situations. Total buprenorphine and norbuprenorphine concentrations in urine, ranging from 0.5 - 2936 ng/mL and 4.0 - 4462 ng/mL respectively, have been reported following daily doses between 0.2 - 24 mg. The corresponding median norbuprenorphine to buprenorphine ratio was 0.23. However, there is significant inter- and intra-individual variability in the ratio because the elimination kinetics of norbuprenorphine are slower; therefore, the ratio is greatly influenced by dosage and sample time. Approximately 95% of a labeled dose is excreted within 144 hours, 68% in the feces and 27% in the urine.

http://www.redwoodtoxicology.com/res...enorphine.html
Old 16-02-2013, 07:28

Female from United States
LooLooLoo should review received reputation comments.
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Thanks for wasting your time, answer number 1. I say wasting "your" time, as I didn't read past "Fifth Plateau? You mean the plateau that doesn't exist? Hah!" to know you have no idea what you are talking about. I can't post the link here, but Google is your friend, use it and you might learn something.

Answer number 2. I need to give a lot more data? Suboxone. A well known drug for people trying to overcome opioid abuse. (which I see you already knew by reading further into your post. So why tell me to elaborate for the interest of other people who might read my post when I'm looking for answers from people who already know what I'm talking about. I'm not going to spend a good portion of my time making sure everyone on this site knows what I'm talking about by explaining every minute detail in my question. If you have never heard of Suboxone, don't attempt to answer the question. Don't waste your time telling me enough information wasn't provided when the simple fact of the matter is, you might not know the answer to my question. (Yet, you did know the answer to my question, which was finally fucking answered all the way at the end of your post) This isn't the only board I posted my inquiry on and no one there had a problem answering it given only the information provided in my initial post. As did you, the only difference was you felt the need to write a long post telling me I should have posted differently. Asinine.

"the pharmacological activities of these drugs shouldn't interfere with those of DXM since the main effects of DXM have nothing to do with opiate receptors. So the seemingly weak nature of your last robotrip probably isn't due to the Suboxone IMO. I thin there must be some other variable that you have not accounted for that is messing up the effects of DXM for you."

Suboxone shouldn't interfere with blocking the effects of DXM, I know this. And since there was no other variable to be accounted for, then one must assume that it is, indeed the Suboxone that is "messing up the effects of DXM" for me.

Thanks to the helpful answers I received on an alternate message board, I listened to them and am following their advice in that all I need to do is to, as you said "take a break from it for a minimum of one week in order for it to" leave my system.

Whoa, see how easy that was? A lot less time consuming as well. I must say. Nevertheless, thanks for playing.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Why are you trying to be rude to people who are attempting to help you?
Old 16-02-2013, 08:08
Silver Member

Male from United States
PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.
Points: 1,084, Level: 5 Points: 1,084, Level: 5 Points: 1,084, Level: 5
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%

Maybe on other forums they have no problem spoon feeding information to you, but at DF we encourage people to do their own research when possible. This was definitely a time when you could have done your own research. And the reason that I know this is because I did not know exactly what Suboxone was before I read your post.

So I looked it up and spent 15 minutes reading and searching the web and answered your questions. You easily could have done this your self, but I decided to cut you some slack since you are new.

And when you are asking for help from people, you should go out of your way to make it easy for them to help you. People don't have to help you. Don't act like you are doing us a favor by making vague uninformed posts. You are lucky that I happened to see this thread because most of the people around here would have given you the exact same lecture that I did but would have told you to UTFSE instead of giving you an actual answer.

At DF, we try to make sure that our forum contains high quality information that will be useful for other people in the future when they try to do their own research. And this is an international forum. So we ask that people refrain from using brand names of drugs and that they provide useful information.

But anyway, thanks a lot for getting an attitude and insulting me when I tried to help you. If you don't like the way that this forum works then you can go back to those other message boards.

P.S. There is no "5th plateau". There is a Plateau Sigma, but this plateau is not reached by increasing the total dose in the way that the other plateaus are reached. It is reached by redosing with 2nd and 3rd plateau doses multiple times.
Old 18-02-2013, 23:26
Silver Member

20 y/o Male from United States
Doctor Rockzo! is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1
Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6%

Why do you feel the need to be rude to people who are trying to help you? We just wanted to know more aboit what you took and other information about you.
You can find all this info on your own, and we are here to try to help you, and to produce harm reduction.
Old 19-02-2013, 03:30

25 y/o Male from USA - Massachusetts
DXMpsyco is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 84, Level: 1 Points: 84, Level: 1 Points: 84, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I've read case studies and seen research that Nalaxone, one of two active ingredients in Suboxone, can reverse acute DXM overdoses (sorry, my phone won't let me copy links, but a simple Google search will probably yield some information). I'm not sure if it's a proven fact, but if there is some truth to it, could it also counterract or attenuate the effects of DXM to some extent possibly? I'm not as keen as some of the other edumacated SWIMmers on Drugs Forum when it comes to nuerochemistry stuff...am I on somewhat a right track with of this?

Share this on:

Tags
3rd plateau, 4th plateau, 5th plateau, dxm, suboxone