Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Adderall
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 10-02-2013, 03:37
Silver Member

25 y/o Female from Canada
BitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline Medline
Points: 2,798, Level: 7 Points: 2,798, Level: 7 Points: 2,798, Level: 7
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%
Comparing meth to adderall

I don't have ADHD, but have been using amphetamines for 3 years on and off (time flies). My use began during midterms in 3rd year of Uni when I was stressing more than ever during midterms - and a friend offered me a seemingly perfect quick fix - adderall. Over the years, I've used adderall, dexedrine, ritalin, vyvanse, and concerta, mainly adderall and dexedrine though.

Lately I've wandered over to the methamphetamine forum, and the stories and experiences are sometimes almost identical to what one can experience on adderall. Some of the differences are mainly due to the *apparent* intensity of meth, so I suspect that behaviours experienced on adderall may be magnified when on meth.

I would be interested in anyone who has tried adderall and meth. I am a regular adderall user. Not accounting for tolerance effects, it gives me energy, motivation, focus and I display obsessive behaviour, have pulled all nighters (but not some of the day long binges some go on), the desire to talk people's ears off, being interested in everything. Some particular examples of similarities I have found between meth and adderall are:
  • Focusing on one thing for hours when there are much more important/productive things to do
  • Cleaning meticulously, browsing the internet nonstop, reading articles, playing video games
  • "Wasting" your high/energy/focus on something you intended to spend five minutes on
  • Wanting to make input into conversations about deep or intellectual matters
  • The ability to study and read for hours (some people use meth for this reason)
  • Pulling all nighters and have a similar need as meth users to make sure to stay hygenic, eat properly, etc.
  • Anxiety about people in public realizing your on some sort of speedy drug
  • Some adderall users experiences jaw clenching and other physical side effects

Anyway, I'd like to hear personal experiences, opinions, similarities versus differences, perhaps if your love of adderall has lead to meth use or made you seriously consider getting it.
Old 15-02-2013, 05:57
Silver Member

Female from United States
AbstractMeow is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 83, Level: 1 Points: 83, Level: 1 Points: 83, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Comparing meth to adderall

In all honesty, I have always preferred adderall over meth. But I've craved meth more.
The effects are generally the same - very focused, talkative, sociable, etc.
The difference for me is that the comedown from adderall is way worse than from meth. And it's likely due to the intensity of a condensed amphetamine rather than a certain amount smoked of methamphetamines over any given amount of time.
I'm not sure about the information in relation to brain damage, but doctors prescribe adderall to elementary school kids.
So it must be safe...right?
haha

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good to hear opinion based on personal experience
Old 15-02-2013, 06:28
Silver Member

Male from United States
derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.
Points: 2,030, Level: 6 Points: 2,030, Level: 6 Points: 2,030, Level: 6
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%

All the above Sweet, every line item listed but intensity would be signficantly increased. Some of the people I knew did end up going with the illicit speed vs Rx and as you know the downregulatuon and recoup is a pain.

If chosen, and in theory. Most would probably go the illicit as the Rx wouldn't do much for someone with a high tolerance..

I digress..The people(not me) I knew with adhd, who switched out to street version, act a bit differently(in fact seem normal). They seem very focused and un-geek'd or non-tweaky.

However, as they come down there are some heavy memory lapses noticed, and snail like cognitive responses in general.
In extreme cases I've seen them display ealry onset alzheimer's(talking about 10+yrs under their continual use).

Last edited by derpahderp; 15-02-2013 at 06:38. Reason: typo
Old 16-02-2013, 21:42

Male from Earth
TomServo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

MILF (My Imaginary Lizard Friend) took Meth for YEARS & YEARS, seemed to work well for him, once he got over the initial "WIG-OUT-ACT-WRONG" phase... He kept a job, was regularly employee of the month, learned how to act right in front of people (altho inside he'd be blissfully UBER-GAKKED while calmly lookin these nursing-coworker square in the eye & thinkin "U dont even know, do U!"lol)

But all good things come to an end, & so when he landed a new job requiring Pee tests, Meth was out. So, after a year of dragging ass, he finally got a scrip for Adderall a couple months ago. It's a LIFE SAVER FFS!!! BUT, if you ask MILF, there are definitive differences between the two & if he had his choice, he'd take the Meth again instead. The differences are as follows:

Smoking Meth (MILFs preferred ingestion method for his recreational time) brings with it not just the energy, but this wonderful euphoria, like being lighter than air, & it comes on in a sort of slow instant, which is missing from his Adderall experiences so far.

Shooting Meth is like kissing God & NOTHING like Adderall, but it was such a sort of heavy experience & it TOTALLY strips one of being able to act right, that he only did that a few times a year at most.

Doing Adderall so far is closest to doing lines of Meth he thinks.

BUT THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE to MILF is that Meth gave him this AWESOME libido & made sex FUCKING AMAZING!!!! It made him horny for long periods of time & kinky as FUCK & he MISSES THAT DEARLY!!!

Hope that helped. Later!
Old 22-02-2013, 03:53
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.
Points: 3,223, Level: 8 Points: 3,223, Level: 8 Points: 3,223, Level: 8
Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3%

I find them both to be very similar with the meth lasting quit abit longer. I however have only tried meth a few times and did it sublingual.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, methampetamine, methamphetamine