Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Codeine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 03-02-2013, 22:47

25 y/o Female from Norway
^Needle^ should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Injecting pills

Is it posible to inject a pill named paralgin forte? If it is, how do you do it?
Paralgin Forte is a preparation containing 400 mg
of paracetamol (APAP) and 30 mg of codeine per tablet
Old 04-02-2013, 01:46
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Canada
LesFuns is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Injecting pills

No don't do it, bad idea. If you're asking this we have to assume you're not very far along with the needle, so take our advice, don't go there.

Just stick to cwe and parachuting, take breaks (very important), and then it's all good. See, no injecting necessary.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Correct and succinct safety advice.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:57

25 y/o Female from Norway
^Needle^ should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

I have already used the needle for a while (I've shot afmetamin since I was 17 and I've shot ritalin the last year) now I'm 23 years old. So it's probably too late to advise me from shooting. But thanks for your concern. I ask about the shooting of pills since I only have experience with Ritalin and amf.

You came here asking for advice, now you're "too old for it"? Please re-think your priorities.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:00
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

no, you cannot inject a tablet containing acetaminophen. Besides that, codeine cannot be injected IV. It will cause a massive histamine release that can be life threatening and won't even get you higher than swallowing it. Codeine must go through the liver first and be metabolised into morphine for it to be active. It's not like other opiates that are active on their own and can thus be injected intravenously.

CWE these pills. That's the only way to get off on them.

Accurate advice coupled with very well articulated safety pointers, particularly regarding the release of histamine.
Accurate warnings about the histamine reaction to IV codeine.
Great answer, every substance is different, for some metabolization is required for effect.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:53
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Kid Cudi really adds to the discussion.Kid Cudi really adds to the discussion.Kid Cudi really adds to the discussion.Kid Cudi really adds to the discussion.Kid Cudi really adds to the discussion.Kid Cudi really adds to the discussion.
Points: 863, Level: 4 Points: 863, Level: 4 Points: 863, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Under no circumstances should one ever inject codeine. Intravenous injection of codeine causes a rapid release of histamine which can cause potentially fatal anaphylaxis and pulmonary edema. It wouldn't have much of an effect anyways, since it is a prodrug, meaning that it must go through first pass metabolism, in the liver, to convert into morphine, in order to produce effects.

Also, one should try to stay away from injecting pills, in general. The reason why is because the fillers in the pills can cause blood clots if injected.

Be safe.

EDIT:
Ah, I see Moving Pictures beat me to the answer as I was typing. Please take heed of his and my advice.

Good harm reduction advice
Old 04-02-2013, 23:45
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from Australia
Demetrov is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I would very much recommend that you do not inject Codeine Pills, even if your Codeine Pills are pure Phosphate.

The experience that you will get is very unpleasant; Extreme painful Itching everywhere, including every part of your face and scalp (the scalp one is annoying), and the high possibility of a stroke (I suffered a Mild Stroke, it took over a year to learn how to talk, walk, eat all over again).

Just swallow or Plug etc, don't be tempted; even a low dosage will affect you badly (Mine was 90MG/3x Pure Codeine Phosphate pills).

-|Foot-Note|- Take note of my Signature. )

The personal experience perspective is very welcome here, plus the exact reasons why intravenous use of codeine is very much discouraged. Welcome to the forum.
Wow, thank you for sharing your difficult experience.

Last edited by Demetrov; 06-04-2013 at 02:14. Reason: Added Signature+1 Spelling Mistake.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:04
Silver Member

40 y/o Male from United Kingdom
miffytherabbit is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 128, Level: 1 Points: 128, Level: 1 Points: 128, Level: 1

As another poster has mentioned, not only can it cause Pulmonary Oedema, which is often fatal if not treated extremely promptly, but there remain other very dangerous hazards (aside from the plain fact that ingesting it orally is the most effective way of administering Codeine).

Anaphylactic shock is also a very common reaction to the IV injection of Codeine. Treating the reaction to this can often come too late unless one has access to an Epipen, and even this is often insufficient as large amounts of adrenaline and steroidal treatment are often required.

Another issue common to the dissolving of any tablet in preparation for injection is the problem of tiny particles of undissolved matter, usually filler, which blood becomes attached to. The consequence of this are that clots can form. These can cause ulceration, or in a worst case scenario, detach, and cause extremely dangerous problems, such as Pulmonary Embolism and Stroke.

As I mentioned earlier, the irony is that injecting codeine is a very inefficient way of deriving maximum benefit from the drug's effects, due to it's nature as a pro-drug (a drug, that through metabolisation "becomes another drug" - in this case, for all intent and purpose - morphine).

The best way of achieving maximum benefit is to take it orally on an empty stomach. The issues of over what other substances apart from caffeine enhance it's effects are so confusing and contradictory, I've always found that this method works best.

First rate safety advice regarding the intravenous use of codeine, and the terrible consequences that may well ensue. Well described and conveyed.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:24
Titanium Member

Female from Earth
Diabolicaldoll probably knows what they are talking about.Diabolicaldoll probably knows what they are talking about.Diabolicaldoll probably knows what they are talking about.Diabolicaldoll probably knows what they are talking about.Diabolicaldoll probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,026, Level: 4 Points: 1,026, Level: 4 Points: 1,026, Level: 4
Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1%

Do NOT under any circumstances INJECT CODEINE. Even if it got you more high than taking it orally (which it won't), that would be over shadowed by your body shutting down. I'm not saying that to be dramatic but you will most probably take an allergic reaction to it (Anaphylaxis) and the reaction could start almost immediately after injecting, making it critical to get medical help in time before it becomes fatal. Just do not do it, a quick search in IV codeine on google will tell you it's a dice with death.

Really good information.
Old 23-02-2013, 03:13
Banned

32 y/o Female from USA - Nevada
SB1981 is learning how to become a psychonaut.

Usually people prefer to shoot meth, heroin, or coke since they provide the stronger rushes. What does shooting pills do? Shooting's fun itself but the rush that follows with hards drugs makes it whole. I'm am in no way suggesting to shoot hard drugs. Before meth, I shot water for the hell of it but realized that I was missing something. I ended up shooting my meth instead of smoking it because I love the needle. Well now I got the rush that makes it double the pleasure. Both go hand in hand. Now I no longer shoot water since the rush is only worth sticking the vein's ass for fun. I get to inject and feel the rush right after. That makes it even worse if you're trying to stop the needle. I was better off with injecting water but then I tied the knot. I never cared about a rush, just injecting. I didn't know it was with every shot and that it's an extreme rush that takes over your body. So it's good you inject pills because the rush would make it twice as hard on you. The needle sure gets me going and I don't have a problem with that. It isn't healthy though since it's obsessive and injecting is so damn nice to see. Just don't add a rush to this because that will consume you as well. Take care!
Old 23-02-2013, 04:01
Silver Member

40 y/o Male from United Kingdom
miffytherabbit is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 128, Level: 1 Points: 128, Level: 1 Points: 128, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Needle^ View Post
I have already used the needle for a while (I've shot afmetamin since I was 17 and I've shot ritalin the last year) now I'm 23 years old. So it's probably too late to advise me from shooting. But thanks for your concern. I ask about the shooting of pills since I only have experience with Ritalin and amf.
I've only just noticed your response. I'm only a minnow in this forum and I'm extremely grateful if people take out the time to reponsd to a query. What's so odd about your response is the way you contradict yourself. You come looking for advice with one hand, and dismiss, quite arrogantly, with the other.

You may feel old at twenty three, compared to seventeen - we all did. But your answer betrays the fact that you don't seem to be very mature for 23, or you would have listened, rather than dismissing out of hand people's well meant advice. I'm sure, for myself looking back sixteen years to when I was 23, I would have, and did, make countless mistakes regarding drugs, but in that era, I didn't have access to the Internet or the massive communities out there, like this one, purposely designed to bring about harm reduction and sensible usage.

Sometimes if we think we're not going to like the answer, we're better off not asking the question, especially if we're going to take no notice of it.

Every one of your words are beyond true, I wish more people stopped being arrogant and just read 1 of hundreds of "bad" posts. Ignorance will never let you enjoy your substance to its potential.
Old 22-03-2013, 23:33

50 y/o Male from Spain
codeinemydrugofchoice is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Injecting Codeine is a REALLY BAD idea! If you have never had a Pulmonary Embolism allow me to enlighten you some.... you will taken into hospital where you will be given blood thinners to break down the clot in your lung, it is at this point you hope to hell that it dissolves real slow.....real real slow...... no coughing fits please, you do not want to dislodge that mo-fo as it gets smaller and cause a stroke and have to learn to talk again or end up in a chair dribbling all over yourself.
Then when your released you will get put on wafrarin to keep your blood thin so you don't get clots again which will make using the needle kinda hard as ya don't stop friggin bleedin!
so ask yourself.......Is it worth it???
There are easier and safer ways to get high, even with a needle.
Old 23-03-2013, 13:33
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United Kingdom
DCEE is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 132, Level: 1 Points: 132, Level: 1 Points: 132, Level: 1

I would never even contemplate injecting Codeine especially not when it has Paracetamol contained within the preparation.

But even without the paracetamol this is a big no go area.

The reasons being like the others before me have said Codeine could cause a massive release of Histamine and this would not be good at all for you.

That is just one of the reasons that flags a warning sign for me.

Other posters have elaborated on more dangers so I do not need to add to them.

Before you even think about Injecting this I would read all these factual responses that have been posted before my post.

Why take these dangers on when the oral Bio-availability of Codeine is so high.

Please listen to them don't ignore them they are giving you this advise not because they think they know everything they are giving you this advise for your benefit which could save your life or save you from serious harm.

They know what they are talking about.

I have read lots of various information around the internet when I was naive thinking that I could inject codeine phosphate. After 5 minutes off reading the picture became clearer it is a dangerous idea.

In my own experience Codeines satisfaction can be best obtained from oral consumption. Even better than rectal administration.

Take the advise on board use peoples advise to your advantage and benefit.

Be safe.

Very good post. We don't know everything like you mentioned, but we have enough experience in just reading to know. Thankyou for your nicely crafted post.

Share this on:

Tags
bad ideas