Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 26-01-2013, 03:39

Female from United States
indierokker is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Why can't I get high or feel anything when I smoke meth?

So I first tried meth about 6 months ago and back then I did it for like 3 weeks then just stopped cold turkey. Recently about 2 weeks ago I started doing it again and when I first did it this past time I was so high and tweaking for hours I felt amazing! Then about 2 days later I smoked again but I wasn't high (I know it's never gonna be like the first time) but I didn't really feel anything at all, not even a little. And so I've been doing it every 3-4 days these past 2 weeks but I don't feel anything, nothing at all. I dont even share with anyone i smoke it all by myself but still nothing. And I don't wanna keep wasting my money. So can anyone tell me what's wrong with me?
Old 26-01-2013, 10:11
Silver Member

AbstractMeow is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 82, Level: 1 Points: 82, Level: 1 Points: 82, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Why can't I get high or feel anything when I smoke meth?

I wish I knew the answer to that because kitten is quite like that as well. I once read that it takes within two weeks for your brain chemistry to return to baseline(mainline? I'm unsure of the term).
Having smoked and got a good high, then two days later smoking and getting no feeling out of it could be caused by an array of things.
Perhaps it is different "dope", lesser quality.
Perhaps it is being burned as you light it and thus not offering you the methamphetamine in the smoke, only cut.
Perhaps you realize that smoking more and more and more will not bring you up if it did not initially.
Why waste your money? What're you searching for when you buy a sack that gets smoked with no high?
Seems pointless to me, but we all have our separate hopes, methods, ideas, etc.
Good luck in finding what you're searching for.

Post Quality Evaluations:
no negative rep is deserved or given but just a thought- you may want to start the third "perhaps" line with a different word because it seems like it is a third explanation. or space it out to separate it from your two separation
Old 26-01-2013, 11:42

Male from Earth
Mrjpete is an unknown quantity at this point
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Take a break. A long break.

please put more effort into your posts
Old 26-01-2013, 18:21

Male from Earth
amtryingamtrying is an unknown quantity at this point
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

2 reasons might affect the result.

first is expectation. you had it and felt the high, you know the pattern and you want a similar or better result. therefore when you take it the second time, you seek for the high pattern as you had before. at the first time you were just relaxing and welcome whatever effect it might bring; but the second time you were busy searching for the effect. it's a mind drug but your mind arent in same state.

second is that you had had it not long ago, a bit like immunity, your body had been damaged when you had it not long ago, cells and neurons yet fully recovered so in the second in-take the drug cant do much damage anymore.
Old 26-01-2013, 19:26
Silver Member

Male from United States
Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.
Points: 287, Level: 2 Points: 287, Level: 2 Points: 287, Level: 2
Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5%

Welcome to Drugs-Forum!

If I was smoking meth and not getting a good hit I would wonder if I was "burning it" too, which seems to be the biggest obstacle to getting a solid hit. I would insufflate some and see if it had to do with the quality of the product or if I was smoking it incorrectly.

Since you admitted to being somewhat inexperienced and doing it alone, that seems like the most likely problem.

That stuff about, "It's never as good as the first hit" never seemed to apply to meth, IMO.

Last edited by Willyzh; 26-01-2013 at 19:32.
Old 26-01-2013, 20:47
Silver Member

20 y/o Male from United States
DryingPuddles is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%

Not to get too far off topic here, but when you first smoke Methamphetamine you get a rush of Serotonin that is 10x more stronger than the rush from cocaine. Methamphetamine actually triggers a release of more Serotonin than any other substance, natural or man-made. As you continue using Meth the Serotonin receptors begin to shut their selves down, this is your brains way of fighting back to the drugs.
I know in my beginner days I used to get a mental high along with the energy rush, it used to feel euphoric, and I recall I used to even be able to feel the high leaving, the euphoria ending. Over time and use the high you receive from Meth becomes almost absent. Many people like myself get caught in a viscous circle, where I only continue to use because I wouldn't be able to get out of bed without it. It becomes a source of energy , rather than a weekend party drug.
Nowadays I feel no euphoria at all, I do feel more talkative when I use, my sex drive increases, and I wouldn't say I have more energy, it more or less feels like, I focus more effectively on the task at hand, but I cannot turn my attention elsewhere. I get glued.
I believe your problem is you want that mental, "euphoric" feeling. But the Serotonin Ship has sailed and those days are long gone. Now and then I do feel it, but only when I stumbling upon a rather strong batch.
There's always the chance that what you're buying isn't Methamphetamine. Perhaps your connect isn't as solid as you think.
Old 27-01-2013, 14:03
Banned

24 y/o Male from United States
superCOOLkid is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%

When my dog has a comfortable amount meth he enjoys snorting a fair sized line then taking a couple lung fills of smoke.

For a while my dog wasnt getting much more then barely buzzed and he decided to do what Was mentioned above and since then he gets a great high EVERYTIME. A nice euphoric from the snorting and to be followed by a great amount of energy to come rushing over him. If SWIY still isn't getting high maybe you should look else where for a different dealer.
Old 27-01-2013, 18:38

Male from United States
Bill/Card Method should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Hi all!
We have a first timer here lol. Exscuse the speed influenced novel. Also the different ROA (insufflation), but being as my post count is still a virgin, my dogfish asked me to pop a cherry here on this thread. My dogfish just started using ice about 3 months ago, only because his white dealer had just started getting weight of these big pretty shards of what he called "yellow".

Now my dogfish is well educated in all drugs and he swore he would never touch the stuff, but to make a long story short (haha) he had just broken up with his GF of 13 months and had just polished of a liter of rum. So were talking about one unstable dogfish! Anyways at the time he wanted to get twasted, and he knew the coke wasn't going to put him where he wanted to be. He proceded to take the homie hookup bag of thick clear crystals and with eagerness/nervousness in his eyes plopped out quite a bit of shiny, slightly yellow tinged, shards of ice.

"Plink, Plink, Plink" ,on the PC desk the dealer deemed my dogfishs' "office", (from previous ventures with The Lady), that silly dogfish went on to crush up his Go-Go. No joke, it came out to be a beast of a line, that if it was coke would intimidate Scarface himself.. Were talking about a SUPER ROCKSTAR. The dealer warned my dogfish "thats wayyy to much for a first time!", but being the drunk smartass my dogfish is, He split it into two and railed it back to back!!

Never has so much pleasure followed so much pain. As the "just snorted tabasco feeling" wore off, my dogfish had played a magic trick and turned his green eyes into black holes. Zooming back an forth, going from hammered to completely clear headed. He just polished off a 24 pack(he never could catch a buzz!) by the crack of noon,(about 10 or 11 hrs later), before redosing with much smaller line that carried him well into that evening(about 5 or 6 pm). All the while talking, drinking, and smoke breaks times 500. My dogfish still had quite a bit yellow left and there wasn't a comedown in sight!

After the third redose my dogfish noticed it didnt have the same burn, or kick... And this is where he started to realize the catch to this so called speed. He continued to redose in moderate amounts but to no avail. Don't get me wrong they could have called him an electric eel instead of dogfish, he was so WIRED, but he couldn't reach that peak he acheived the first time. Since then it's been an every weekend thing, and a "few" times when that third bag of a weekend lasted well into the work week.

My point is a dogfishs brain can only take so much before it starts to become numb to the effects a.k.a tolerance. Plus if the quality isnt there, or if your trying to feel something that will never be there again, then you ARE wasting your money. Just enjoy all the extra energy and time you free up in your week/weekend. Maybe try a different ROA such as insufflation or hotrailing. Ive never smoked it, but my meth buddy only smokes it and explained to me if its not done correctly you won't get the best hit possible. You will burn it per say.

Hope this helps lol or at least someones eyes fall upon this and they can relate with my first time because it sure was a helluva trip!!

Please don't use drug slang
Old 29-01-2013, 02:28
Silver Member

27 y/o Female from United States
Murderith7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

When I am PMSing meth does not affect me...I could (and have) shot a gram in one sitting every couple hours for 2 days straight and still feel nothing except inhuman exhaustion. How weird is that?? I would absolutely love to know the reason behind it because I have never met another soul on this earth who has the same experience with it.
Old 29-01-2013, 03:28

Male from United States
Bill/Card Method should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderith7 View Post
When I am PMSing meth does not affect me...I could (and have) shot a gram in one sitting every couple hours for 2 days straight and still feel nothing except inhuman exhaustion. How weird is that?? I would absolutely love to know the reason behind it because I have never met another soul on this earth who has the same experience with it.
That sounds like more trouble than it's worth!

A buddy of mine will smoke about 6 or 7 fat bowls back to back, then eats a pretty big dinner, smokes a cig, and then the motherfucker will just lay down and fall asleep.
Old 29-01-2013, 03:58
Silver Member

27 y/o Female from United States
Murderith7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

Yeah, I no longer even try to get high for that week...the attempt I described was back before I figured out the corellation...yeah, I can do it all day and eat and sleep just fine...but I am still high...as opposed to the PMS time
Old 31-01-2013, 04:44
Silver Member

Male from United States
teqno is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

I have a friend who has experience with this and it's simple...about 80% of the time it's not you, it's the stuff.. So here's the question, have you been smoking the same stuff getting it from the same guy each time? Have you sourced out and tried something different from someone else? If one batch you picked up isn't getting you high call your guy and ask if he has something different otherwise grab it from another dealer..except ask him you can try it first. Most of the time they'll smoke you up..Just remember the taste of the stuff that didn't effect you and see if it taste the same with the new stuff..If it taste different and you still can't feel it but the person next to you is high than it just might be you due to smoking the other stuff and exhausted yourself..Only cure is sleep, rest, eat for at least 2 days and try again. And make to grab it from someone else or you'll go through the same process.

It'll always be like your first time, you'll still get that rush, head wet from sweat, you'll just build a tolerance and find yourself needing more. Also, a quick tip..If you plan on staying up more than 2 days, make sure to eat and take a power nap for a couple hours...Because anything over that meth becomes coffee and you pretty much just smoke to stay up and feed your craving.
Old 01-02-2013, 23:27
Banned

32 y/o Female from USA - Nevada
SB1981 is learning how to become a psychonaut.

I only ever got tingling when I was able to get huge hits. I wasn't able to hit shit when smoking. I did better when I was a lot younger. I just can't master the clouds anymore. I wasn't getting high anymore and that was upsetting.
Old 02-02-2013, 00:45
Silver Member

Male from USA - Oregon
TheMoleculeMan is a decent psychonaut.TheMoleculeMan is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 159, Level: 2 Points: 159, Level: 2 Points: 159, Level: 2
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryingPuddles View Post
Not to get too far off topic here, but when you first smoke Methamphetamine you get a rush of Serotonin that is 10x more stronger than the rush from cocaine. Methamphetamine actually triggers a release of more Serotonin than any other substance, natural or man-made. As you continue using Meth the Serotonin receptors begin to shut their selves down, this is your brains way of fighting back to the drugs.
I think you mean dopamine. Dopamine is the "reward" neurotransmitter that's released whenever we do something we find enjoyable. Methamphetamine works by releasing upwards of 600 times the normal amount of dopamine. Methamphetamine is also considered a "dopamine reuptake inhibitor" (DRI). This means it prevents dopamine from being absorbed back into the brain.

Because methamphetamine molecules closely resemble dopamine molecules, a meth molecule will attach to a dopamine receptor as an impostor molecule and block the reuptake of dopamine (this is why the high lasts so long). As the drug wears off, the brain begins to destroy all the excess dopamine floating around, which is the point users begin coming down. In long-term users, the brain begins to shut down dopamine receptors not in use to compensate for the drop in dopamine reuptake.

As for methamphetamines effect on the serotonin system, it actually diminishes the amount serotonin transmitters in the brain. It does this by disrupting the release and synthesis of serotonin. This may contribute to dramatic mood swings in a user.

Methamphetamine also works secondarily on the norepinephrine and epinephrine system, but to a lesser extent than the dopamine system.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:19
Silver Member

Male from United States
Addie Daddy is a decent psychonaut.Addie Daddy is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 135, Level: 1 Points: 135, Level: 1 Points: 135, Level: 1
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%

Like others have posted, you're probably missing the serotonin rush...

I'm in the same boat. I've been on a few binges lately but for the last 2 days haven't used, ate, took vitamins, etc. even during my binges. I guess for some reason I was expecting more, despite it only having been that long. And I also have two different batches- which look different, smoke different, etc. And so far all it's done is felt like a little bit of adderall.

A long, at least 2 week break, would probably do us both a lot of good, financially and mentally!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:58
Silver Member

midlifer is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 324, Level: 2 Points: 324, Level: 2 Points: 324, Level: 2

I swear, I got a g tonight, and not sure it's any good, or if I'm just tired, or what. I wish I had a friend to come over and see what they think, but no one is around. It's been a few days, so I would have thought it would hit me right away, that feeling, you know. Like OK NOW, I'm going to clean this, and sew this, and blah blah blah, but nope. It LOOKS like the real thing, and pretty much tastes like it, I'm just not getting the rush I was expecting. Hmmmmm. Yeah, I probably need a break too. Can't afford to keep buying gs every few days anyway.
Old 02-02-2013, 23:58
Titanium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
hotdogfrenchfries is a decent psychonaut.

@midlifer: i've been smoking for years, and on this run for a little over a year.
if i sleep for a couple of days (which i dont do very often, but it happens) then even with pretty good shit, it takes me another 2 days to start waking up.
do you get stuck? try changing rooms, going outside, smoking in a new, weird place (like, in a closet in your house) - anything to stimulate your brain. it's easy to wake up, smoke, get stuck at the computer, and not feel high and feel tired... yet you're high and you just dont know it.

or, maybe you have bunk dope. it's a possibility.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:48
Silver Member

midlifer is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 324, Level: 2 Points: 324, Level: 2 Points: 324, Level: 2

Hey hotdog-- I think what happened is, this is the first time I used my own little torch lighter, and it gets it so hot, it burns clean and tastes/smells slightly different cuz it's so hot. And you are spot on about just sitting at the computer, smoking bowls and not realizing how high I actually was.After I posted that post, I took a shower, got dressed, and I definitely felt it!!

I've been having it almost daily for a few months now. I stay up a few days at a time, but then I am able to sleep at least 4-6 hours a night for a few nights. Like I said tho, I can't afford to keep using a gram every few days. It doesn't help that a few friends of mine, the ones that get it for me, are broke and I'm always expected to take care of them too. One guy actually told me that it wasn't meant to be done alone in a closet, but shared among friends. Ummmmm, I like the energy, and I don't like having to pay for their habits!

Plus, in the last 6 months I've quit drinking, lost about 30 pounds, and my house is cleaner and more organized than it's ever been!
Old 03-02-2013, 06:37
Titanium Member

If it tastes and burns differently, then you are not inhaling methamphetamine hcl.
Ideally, you vaporize the drug - it gets so hot that the solid turns into a liquid, then a little hotter and into a gas. If you heat it too much, it burns, and turns into something else, which is not methamphetamine hcl, and could be toxic.

You could also have bunk shit. I ran into batches this year that looked like the real thing, and even better... burned clean, everything, yet lacked that euphoric feeling. i am still angry at the person who sold me these, as he knew that they weren't the real thing. i wasted 2 months on that stuff until i came across some good proper stuff and when smoked side by side the difference was undeniable.

smoking with a mini torch is tricky, and i don't think i am able to explain it clearly... but when done right, it saves dope, is cleaner (no black soot on your pipe) can be done when there's a bit of wind, is quicker.... in other words better in every way, except it is possible to burn the stuff and render it useless.

someonce told me that if you burn your dope (heat it up too much) you might as well throw what's left in your bowl, clean your pipe and re-pack, because what you are smoking is not going to get you high.
I dont know if I agree - sometimes you heat it up a little too much and you get that nasty hit - yet it gives you goosebumps and suddenly after a short and mild euphoric rush, you're like beep beep the road runner - gone
Old 08-02-2013, 04:24
Silver Member

Male from United States
Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.
Points: 287, Level: 2 Points: 287, Level: 2 Points: 287, Level: 2
Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5%

Has anyone mentioned in this thread how not to burn your meth yet?

Hold the lighter further away, then bring it close, when your stuff starts to melt, back it off a bit, then bring it close again, but if you aren't trying to use the least amount of heat possible to melt it and produce a steady vapor, you probably are burning it.

Your pipe could have cheap glass too that gets too hot. Or not thick enough glass to regulate the temp.

I know, we think a huge cloud is where it's at, but I've never had a problem getting a huge hit when I've looked closely at the rate it was vaping and tried to control it.

I know this has been covered on the site but seriously, wonder what would happen if you smoked your stuff with some buds who usually got spun no problem?
Old 14-02-2013, 09:01

24 y/o Female from United States
miekah is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6%

a lot of these people's suggestions are all very true, but what i didnt see, was maybe the shit you got was bunk?maybe cut to much or cooked differently, not made for smoking with? its a hit or miss when buying.
Old 14-02-2013, 12:58
Titanium Member

I recently saw the best looking dope I'd ever seen. However, it seemed to have very little effects - and definitely would not keep users up, even made them tired.

I had a narcotics testing kit with me. No reaction. Whatever it was, it wasn't meth.

Later on, someone told me that it was ephedrine.

Share this on:

Tags
meth