Ecstasy & MDMA Ecstasy (XTC) pills and pure MDMA

Old 02-07-2006, 18:21
Silver Member

Female
Sandozboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
MDMA As A Weight Loss Tool?

Most folks already know that MDMA was originally patented by Merck as medicine for weight loss* , but I'm wondering if there are large numbers of SWIM's out there that have used MDMA to trim the extra pounds (or kilos depending on your locale).

I know that after every roll once the magic starts to wear off (usually 48 or 72 hours) and those dreaded blues try to sink in, I look at my body and notice a dramatic difference (especially with my abdomen), as all the bloating seems to just wash away....it's what gets me through the hard days and weeks between rolls.

*MOD EDIT this is untrue- no reason for its use was given in the Merck Patent (1912) and indeed it was only listed as a chemical intermediate of another drug being patented. ~TF~

Last edited by Terrapinzflyer; 10-11-2010 at 16:37.
Old 02-07-2006, 22:33
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

35 y/o Male
Equality is captain of the psychonauts.Equality is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 319, Level: 2 Points: 319, Level: 2 Points: 319, Level: 2
I would say it is a bad tool, it depletes your serotonin so you wouldn't be able to use it for long periods of time without having an depression along the way.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:06
Silver Member

Female
reallyneat is a decent psychonaut.reallyneat is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 195, Level: 2 Points: 195, Level: 2 Points: 195, Level: 2
definitely not recommended because not only is it unhealthy and damaging to your seratonin levels, but it also probably wont work. you will only notice a difference the day after you roll, but the pounds will come back just as fast.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:41

Male
Tony Blair is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2
Use MDMA occasionally for fun. For weight loss, eat less and run more.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:12
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandozboy
Most folks already know that MDMA was originally patented by Merck as medicine for weight loss...
It was quickly found NOT to be useful in this capacity and shelved.
Old 06-07-2006, 19:45
Silver Member

35 y/o Male
xprŽk is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2
Most weightloss due to drugs consists off dehydration something that quickly gets reversed and is destructive for you muscle tissue (so if you wanna look like arnold drugs are indeed bad mmmmk).
In my opinion all MDMA does is dehydrate, it doesnt increase your metabolism fast and long enough to use it for actuall weight loss purposes.
Amphetamines are way more effective to that extend but quite frankly i would recommend that either, these arent substances to take on a daily bases because there are to many (dangerous) side effects, not to mention amphetamines are HIGHLY addictive.
Imo if you start losing weight due to druguse your using to frequently.
There's one method someone i know applies, he's on a fairly strict diet and tries to sport once in a while. This person will have a speed weekend once every 6 weeks orso and in conjunction with his diet he's managed to lose a fair ammount of weight and keep it off.
This person claims that even using speed and following his diet very strict 75% of the initial weightloss is back within a week.
Old 06-07-2006, 21:17

Male from United States
jesusfreak666er is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 659, Level: 4 Points: 659, Level: 4 Points: 659, Level: 4
if one was to use xtc as a weightloss tool, one would lose a ton of weight, aproximately the weight of the holes that are now in ones brain.
Old 06-07-2006, 21:44
Banned

Male
tre2005be is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 394, Level: 3 Points: 394, Level: 3 Points: 394, Level: 3
please please pleeaasssee do not let SWIY use mdma as a weight loss tool. swim has been a regular user of mdma since he was 13. swim is now 18 and has the memory and attention span of a stoned goldfish not to mention the depression and social disorders that xtc has brung him. do not underestimate the effects this drug can have on SWIY in later life, please...
Old 06-07-2006, 23:40
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
A chainsaw would be an equally good method to help one shed those ugly pounds.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:46

Male
Tony Blair is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2
^ or equally bad

Also, everyone I know reports that food tastes incredible the following days, and they end up eating 500 kilos of food in the ensueing week
Old 07-07-2006, 19:21
Platinum Member

Male from Netherlands
Psych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline Medline
Points: 2,986, Level: 8 Points: 2,986, Level: 8 Points: 2,986, Level: 8
Is one wishes to lose weigt by use of amphetamines, then use a small amount(50 mg) of amfetamine sulfate or hcl, instead of MDMA.
Normal amfetamines don't deplete serotonin, or not nearly as much as MDMA.
If one takes a small amount in the morning when waking up, one will be able to sleep in the evening, and still eat and drink, but won't be as hungry as normal.
Though after a while, the tolerance will rise so much that one should stop the amfetamine diet or it will become too hazardous or addictive.
Still, SWIM recommends to eat less fat snacks and candy, and excersice more, for more help you should visit a doctor.
Also drinking 1,5 liters of water a day helps to lose some weight and keep you healthy.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:38

Male
Dogears is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1
MDMA is too toxic for regular consumption. Which is what a weight loss drug would require
Old 10-07-2006, 14:55
Silver Member

Female
Sandozboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1
I think there is a lot of truth to Superlev's comment regarding increased appetite once a roll wears off, but that is largely related to trying to balance out one's usually sagging morale by indulging in pleasurable eating binges.

As mentioned before all my excess weight between rolls keeps getting wiped off with less than half a bean each month.
Old 12-07-2006, 17:34

Male from United States
fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 239, Level: 2 Points: 239, Level: 2 Points: 239, Level: 2
seriously... it shall be said again... Methamphetamine is schedule II in the US... this means it has a medical value... the medical use of methamphetamine is in the area of weightloss... nothing else would make any sense now would it... not that one would suggest that someone take upon themselves to methbinge their weight away... it would work though... as would the chainsaw... just as safely...
Old 15-07-2006, 13:13

Female
chiliblue is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
sometimes swim's appetited decreases daramatically for about 2 weeks after he takes an e...absolutley no desire to eat what so ever and pretty much forces himself to eat something coz he knows its unhealthy to not eat anything all day...of course after about 2 weeks that wears off and the appetite comes back..swim unintentionally lost about 3kgs in one month this way
Old 30-12-2012, 02:50

Female from Canada
rucoollikeme is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: MDMA As A Weight Loss Tool?

MDMA can be used to supplement weight loss. Here is how a friend of a friend of a friend of mine did it successfully. This young lady, a 25 year old woman, had access to a large personal supply of pure Crystal MDMA. Twice a week, for two months, she rolled, varying amounts depending on what she was doing. While rolling she ensured she drank lots of water, went for long walks or rollerblades, or danced the night away. She found that she did not have an appetite for the day she rolled, as well as the following day. This significantly reduced her calories, she also drank a ton of water everyday. On the days in between where she did eat more(she avoided dairy and fatty food) she would drink a senna tea to help her, ahem, go number 2 if she hadn't done so for a couple days. Also she drank one to two cups of green tea per day. In those 2 months on this rather extreme diet she lost 35 pounds, This is alot considering she was not very overweight (5'6" tall 168 pounds, down to 135 pounds approx.) This does work, but here are some things to consider. Tolerance builds quickly, going the twice a week route it seems to build a noticable tolerance after 4-6 weeks. This is not healthy to do for long periods. This involves significant nuritional restriction, she took a multivtamin daily. The weight has stayed off with regular activity and healthy eating habits, and this young lady only rolls once or twice a month now jst for the good time. She also avoids alcohol as the stuff has always seemed to have negative side effects for her, however, that is more of an individual issue. Please note I am not promoting or condemning this method, but it did work for this person.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Interesting anecdotal evidence for weight loss. Nice first post welcome to DF. Please use paragraphs in future to make it easier to read.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:51
Silver Member

23 y/o Female from United States
xinny is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1

It worked for me, although I didn't really take it for that purpose.

I gained like, freshman 25 and when I discovered rolling it seemed to melt the pounds off. I would go to 3-day music festivals and binge on MDMA, barely eat anything for 3 days while dancing for hours on end and when I came back home I would be 10 pounds lighter.
Of course after the initial crash my appetite would come right back and I would slowly gain weight again, as my eating habits were still unhealthy and out of wack. I would keep my weight down by rolling every few weeks and dancing and lose a lot of weight doing so, but for a very long time my weight was yoyo-ing. I finally decided to stop rolling and I ate healthier and developed better eating habits, so I was finally able to stop the yoyo-ing cycle and keep a stable weight.

So no, MDMA is definitely not a sustainable weight loss tool or substitute for good health habits. It might help to jump start the process but it's not going to keep you at your goal weight until you learn to balance your calorie intake to what your body actually needs, without using drugs or other cheats to help you.
Old 06-02-2013, 21:01
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
Adam Cecils is a decent psychonaut.Adam Cecils is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 134, Level: 1 Points: 134, Level: 1 Points: 134, Level: 1
Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinny View Post
so I was finally able to stop the yoyo-ing cycle and keep a stable weight.

So no, MDMA is definitely not a sustainable weight loss tool or substitute for good health habits.
The yo-yoing and starvation is pretty much what people with eating disorders go through because restricting food intake cocks up your blood sugar levels. This diagram explains it well:

Source: Freeman, C. and Downey, G. (2001) Self-Help Manual for Bulimia Nervosa [online]. Cullen Centre: Edinburgh, UK. Available at: http://www.ednses.com/downloads/Buli...HelpManual.pdf [Accessed 16/03/2013]

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please cite attribution for your inclusion.

Last edited by Adam Cecils; 16-03-2013 at 18:11. Reason: Citing source

Share this on:

Tags
drug, ecstacy, ecstasy, ecstasy abuse, lose weight, losing weight, mdma, mdma and appetite, mdma and diet, mdma and weight, mdma and weight loss, molly, weight loss