Register Tags

Notices

Old 14-01-2013, 14:10
Silver Member

Male from United States
AmsuJackal is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%
real truth about meth coming out of the skin? we need this cleared up.

hi all. my pet black-backed jackal has been binging on ice of very high purity lately. a lot of times he experiences the classic speed bugs, pinpricks, crawling sensations, etc all over his body after the strong point of the high is over. he uses every ROA, but mainly smoked.

he has always associated the crawling/pinpricks as electrical discharge from overexcited nerves that are calming back down.

lately he has moved to this forum on df rather than the others he frequents. he has been reading topics on the speed bug issue, and has read some very interesting things some other users say about it. some of the things he reads creeps him out.

They say that it is the meth being excreted out of the skin, and that every time you feel a prick or crawl, that it is a shard of crystal being pushed out of a pore like a pimple. some say that when they go out in the sun after/during these symptoms, their skin shimmers like diamonds or glitter.

Some say that when they feel a prick coming they can look in the mirror and see a black dot or a shard appear (others say theyre tweeking about bugs and its all in their head)

some say that its just a side effect and that nothing is coming out of the skin

Some say its actual bugs (not likely at all)

some say its an effect of sleep deprivation.

Some say its a side effect of vasoconstriction

Some say its the nerves dying.

My pet jackal has experienced this somewhat with use of ethylphenidate, but to a much much lesser extent and only in the lower body, with meth its all over. he has heard of alcohol coming out of the skin, the classic vodka sweat people say burns, but he has never experienced it. if this theory is true, why is it that it is only meth that comes out of the skin, or at least, to an extent of being visible crystal that causes so much pain and itching?

does somebody finally have a real answer that i can tell him? It didnt used to bother him but now when hes in the later stages of a tweek, he will feel the pricks and remember what he read about shards coming out of the skin and tweek out all paranoid and start rubbing himself, sometimes holding his paw under where he rubbed, inspecting for crystals, and sometimes sees something that looks like a shard. this whole thing is really messing with him, as hes plagued with mental macro images of a shard being expelled from a pore like a popped zit or a birth.

Is anybody able to clear up all of the different theories floating around out there?

Post Quality Evaluations:
For a very detailed descriptive post RE:an common (myth??)
Great topic for discussion.

Last edited by AmsuJackal; 14-01-2013 at 14:19.
Old 14-01-2013, 15:03

Male from United States
wompwomp is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%
Re: real truth about meth coming out of the skin? we need this cleared up.

My dog told me that sometimes when he's doing something such as loading a bowl of meth, he can feel little pieces falling out and hitting his hands or his feet. I believe it is to trigger his nasty habit of tweaking out with a flashlight looking on the ground for anything that may have been dropped. He also told me that when he is messing around with pimples or a cyst, he will feel something liquid hit his hand or arm only to find there isn't anything there. My dog thinks it is just the brain creating sensations that could due to what you are doing or thinking of at the time.... Does that make sense?
Old 14-01-2013, 15:22
Silver Member

Male from United States
AmsuJackal is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wompwomp View Post
My dog told me that sometimes when he's doing something such as loading a bowl of meth, he can feel little pieces falling out and hitting his hands or his feet. I believe it is to trigger his nasty habit of tweaking out with a flashlight looking on the ground for anything that may have been dropped. He also told me that when he is messing around with pimples or a cyst, he will feel something liquid hit his hand or arm only to find there isn't anything there. My dog thinks it is just the brain creating sensations that could due to what you are doing or thinking of at the time.... Does that make sense?
yes! my jackal had the same idea the other day when loading a bowl to smoke. on 2 separate occasions hours apart. it would sound like a chunk of something fell from his body and onto the cellophane he keeps his bag in, although he never takes his eyes off of the straw he loads with, and knows for certain nothing fell off of the straw. sometimes he can feel it come off of himself, and he tells himself hes just tweeking and that nothing really fell off of his jackal body. it is one of the things that prompted him to browse the methamphetamine forum in the first place. dont ask me how his thought process led to take him to a forum, but it did somehow.
Old 14-01-2013, 17:35
Silver Member

Female from United States
ccblaine is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

This llama i met once told me this:
"yes this is true. now i havent personally seen some one actually pull out a shard from their skin (Was told story claiming a person saw that) but honestly, i kind of dont doubt it but think it would be because of build up from, the smoke coming from your pizzo and out your mouth and nose and on n on n its all on your face... you touching your face... ect

But yes the drug comes through your skin in the same way it is said ecstacy does. i have had a person argue with me about this who was a noob at even knowing what it was and i was at the time well in 4-5 yrs or so.
a person sweats like CRAZY when they are on that stuff. your greasy face and hands and hair are layered in your sweat, which is also another way for your body to push out toxins and why you read about your sweat smelling.
i am no doctor or nothing just was a long time user"
That is all the llama told me
Old 16-01-2013, 08:04
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
baldurmoon is a decent psychonaut.baldurmoon is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 124, Level: 1 Points: 124, Level: 1 Points: 124, Level: 1

Short Answer: Meth DOES NOT come out of your skin - skin does not work that way!

Longer Answer: There is a common belief that sweat is a way for the body to get rid of toxins (and meth is, y'know, mostly toxins), but that is not the case. The liver and kidneys are responsible getting most of the toxins out of your body. Skin is mostly responsible for regulating body temperature. Sweat does contain trace amounts of toxins (such as ammonia) as a byproduct of that process, but it's not doing anything to get rid of the meth in your system.

However, meth use DOES often lead to acne due to a variety of bodily processes. Meth increases stress on the body (increased heart rate, higher body temperature) which leads to increased production of sebum (skin oil). Meth also increases adrenaline, which is what causes excessive sweating - not chemicals trying to jump out of your skin. Excessive sweat leads to dirt and sebum getting into pores and clogging them. All that junk along with the keratin in your pores (the protein that makes hair) hardens into whiteheads or blackheads.

Sleep deprivation and dehydration can also contribute to skin problems. As far as your skin is concerned, meth use is like puberty all over again, except crammed into a few days with some psychosis/paranoia thrown in. When you look in the mirror after days without sleep and see/feel these little hard things coming out of your face, they definitely might seem like bugs or shards. But they're just clogged pores. Take a warm (not hot) shower, wash your face (or anywhere else you're breaking out) with a gentle soap, and then get the fuck away from the mirror. Don't pick (I know, easier said than done), don't pop, don't get out the tweezers, just leave it alone. If it's a persistent problem, you can try a face wash with benzoyl peroxide, but it can be harsh/drying on sensitive skin and leave you more vulnerable to sun damage. And seriously, stop messing with your face. Go learn to knit or something so your hands will be busy.

And in case you missed it the first time: Meth does NOT come out of your skin.

A little clarity of thought goes a long way. Well posted and useful information.
Good job on clarifying the situation. Well explained. A reasoned and considered post.
good post, provided truthful answers
Perfect..DF is about Harm Reduction...and NOT propagating Myths. THIS IS A MYTH
stated well; and good info for anyone
Extremely informative and helpful.
Old 16-01-2013, 08:54
GHB

43 y/o Male from Earth
MrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,133, Level: 13 Points: 9,133, Level: 13 Points: 9,133, Level: 13
Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmsuJackal View Post
They say that it is the meth being excreted out of the skin, and that every time you feel a prick or crawl, that it is a shard of crystal being pushed out of a pore like a pimple.
How did this claim even make it past your common-sense filter?

Let me highlight something for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmsuJackal View Post
some say that . . .

Some say that . . .

some say that . . .

Some say its . . .

some say its . . .

Some say its . . .

Some say its . . .
When you combine human stupidity with methamphetamine-induced paranoid delusion, you will hear the strangest and most bizarre claims being touted as 'cold hard fact'.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to learn how to learn. This isn't a flippant comment, it is something that should help you develop a more reliable sense of what is likely to be true and what is dubious or outright false.

Always consider the source of the information. Tweakers are not considered a good source of reliable data for obvious reasons.

Even if something sounds physiologically credible, it does not mean it is true.

Just because something is 'believed to be true' by many people it does not, in any way, indicate it is true.

Always, always, always, ask for citations from valid research sources when people claim a fact and, even then, examine the methodology of the research, if provided, to consider whether it is likely to be reliable.

E.G. A link to a pro-homoeopathy website does not provide for sufficient merit to support the claim of 'water memory'. A link to a PubMed article which discusses scientifically objective research methods used to reach the, inevitable, conclusion that homoeopathic 'water memory' is a complete load of bollocks, is a valid citation.

Medical questions invariably result in scores of dubious claims. Avoid websites that profess to know things that your doctor is 'keeping from you', it's a ruse to sell you something or to promote another loon's paranoid delusions. Likewise the 'invention that your government/utility company/the illuminati is trying to keep from you', is toss.

The more you learn how to cast a skeptical eye over information you receive, the more frequently you will notice just how much utter tripe there is out there. It truly is on an epic scale. There are things that you will have believed all your life, possibly on the basis that everybody generally believes the same, that go on to be proven as being unfounded nonsense.

The more a person simply shouts that they *know* something to be true, when you ask for valid evidence to support their claim, the less likely their claim is true. That tends to be a pretty reliable indicator from the off.

objective assesment of origins of this myth
Old 16-01-2013, 09:11
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.
Points: 989, Level: 4 Points: 989, Level: 4 Points: 989, Level: 4
Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3%

Thank you, to the above poster. You are absolutely right. But that doesn't address what the problem here really is.

No, methamphetamine is not significantly excreted by sweat, especially not "shards" of it. That flies in the face of metabolism, physiology, and, I hate to say it, some common sense.

These beliefs and fears are the consequence of paranoia induced by the use of the drug. Your ability to think rationally and completely is temporarily impaired or disabled, it seems.

I urge caution to all those who share these and recommend a break or cessation from the use of it for a time in order to return your minds to workable conditions.

This is not an insult or a condemnation. I just want you to to take care of yourselves.

Best wishes and fondest hopes,

Boltzmann
Old 17-01-2013, 00:01
Silver Member

Male from United States
derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.
Points: 1,952, Level: 6 Points: 1,952, Level: 6 Points: 1,952, Level: 6
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Other add-on for the OP's question

Those that are profusely sweating.. Remember there are salty sweat rings on the t-shirt or notice salt buildup on the skin.

-Indicating a need for sports drinks to recharge electrolytes and sodium.*

-Water and re-hydrate.

Source: my old high school PE coach. Keyword here is salt(known and experienced this on the Go or even while sober and exercising).
Old 17-01-2013, 00:44
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

derp's on the right track.

If you're seeing "crystal shimmers" on your skin or w/e after a session/binge, it's likely just lost salts coming out with your sweat & drying on your skin.

It is *NOT* methamphetamine coming out of your pores.

~Kailey

Rational, logical and clearly presented.
Old 17-01-2013, 00:54
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
baldurmoon is a decent psychonaut.baldurmoon is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 124, Level: 1 Points: 124, Level: 1 Points: 124, Level: 1

Paranoia from meth use definitely helps fuel the myth that the drug can come out of your skin, but it's also a fairly common belief in general that sweat helps get rid of toxins - ever heard you can "sweat out" alcohol through physical activity (e.g. dancing) to get sober faster? Not true at all. And as MrG pointed out, there are plenty of people out there trying to sell various cures/cleanses/detoxes that are not actually based on medical fact.

If you hear someone make a claim about how the body works, approach with caution and don't believe it until you can find a credible source to confirm it - hospitals, research universities, someone who actually has an M.D. after their name. At the very least you'll be able to enjoy your tweaking experience more once you know what's really happening to your body/mind. Not to mention that knowledge might save you from a dangerous situation. Stay safe, hydrate, and don't worry about the bugs.
Old 17-01-2013, 16:56
Silver Member

40 y/o Male from Australia
psychoshaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 68, Level: 1 Points: 68, Level: 1 Points: 68, Level: 1

Here's something interesting, may be relevant????

http://morgellonspgpr.wordpress.com/...i-do-not-know/
&
http://morgellonspgpr.wordpress.com/...istant-cousin/

Hope I did that right 0_o
Old 17-01-2013, 18:31
Platinum Member & Advisor

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,439, Level: 19 Points: 18,439, Level: 19 Points: 18,439, Level: 19
Activity: 95.6% Activity: 95.6% Activity: 95.6%

There's no such thing as "Morgellons", it's a shared delusion, similar to "Delusional Parasitosis". Those pictures are of dryer lint, not anything real. This is neither interesting or relevant, other in the sense that it very well be may a drug induced delusion in some cases.
Old 17-01-2013, 19:08
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

Meth crystals coming out of your skin and shimmering in the sun (like Twighlight!!??)? Lol. No. But that would be awesome, you'd save a lot of money that way. Just scrape your arm everytime you run out. Ah. Lol. don't believe everything that you hear.

Last edited by Moving Pictures; 17-01-2013 at 19:10. Reason: edit
Old 17-01-2013, 21:38
Silver Member

30 y/o Female from United States
curlysue is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 173, Level: 2 Points: 173, Level: 2 Points: 173, Level: 2
Activity: 8.8% Activity: 8.8% Activity: 8.8%

^Lol@ Moving Pictures. From now on I'm going to associate meth use with sparkly vampires.

I'm going to have to agree with the consensus on this one. Meth is not secreted out of the body through your pores, especially not the size of shards. This information sounds like an extremely high person shared their wet dream with you. If someone adamantly believes this to be true, ask them if you can watch them smoke a bowl of the "shards" secreted from their pores and report back to us on whether or not they got high. At the very least, we all can get a laugh hearing about how you puked while watching someone smoke a bowl full of whiteheads.
Old 18-01-2013, 07:34
Silver Member

tweakingkandi is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 225, Level: 2 Points: 225, Level: 2 Points: 225, Level: 2
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

my kitten had this problem and asked a sober friend if it was really something coming out and it was but it wasn't a shard. it was the toxin the kidneys and liver couldn't filter being expelled through skin. my kitten also tested what they call a Epson salt full detox bath when she woke up after her come down and felt dirty after multiple showers. her boyfriend who is not a user sat with her and even he could see her pores had a ton of stuff coming out and by the time it wad over all the bath water had tons of nasty stuff floating.

So technically it is coming out of the pores but no it isn't shards of smokable Meth coming out.

my kitten mostly had small white flakes or little white gooy things on her. my kitten also discussed the topic with her kidney doctor when she had then tested and was told that it was quiet possible if meth is used a lot at once since kidneys and the liver can only function so fast.

btw when you have that problem the detox bath with make your come down way more comfortable and take care of the body aches and fatigue.

thank you for sharing; be sure to list more info when stating medical questions. ty
Old 18-01-2013, 08:42
Silver Member

Male from United States
derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweakingkandi View Post
..the toxin the kidneys and liver couldn't filter being expelled through skin.

my kitten also discussed the topic with her kidney doctor, when she had then tested and was told that it was quiet possible if meth is used a lot at once since kidneys and the liver can only function so fast.

btw when you have that problem the detox bath with make your come down way more comfortable and take care of the body aches and fatigue.
Interesting..it'd be nice if you/someone might find more info and post reports etcand thanks for the epson bath salt idea as well. Forever fatigued sucks and the extra info was well warranted.

Quote:
my kitten also tested what they call a Epson salt full detox bath when she woke up after her come down and felt dirty after multiple showers. her boyfriend who is not a user sat with her and even he could see her pores had a ton of stuff coming out and by the time it wad over all the bath water had tons of nasty stuff floating.
Old 18-01-2013, 08:42
Titanium Member

KeepOnTrying is captain of the psychonauts.KeepOnTrying is captain of the psychonauts.KeepOnTrying is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%

Simple chemistry... Really Simple because it's late and I HATE chemistry.

Meth is water soluble (POOF disappears in water,not really gone actually but dissolved) ever got your shit wet?
Good... easy peasy.

Meth is NOT soluble in Acetone. Do a simple acetone wash (UTSE) and you will get rid of 90-95 % of adulterants/impurities. Some type of adulterant is the ONLY thing even possibly attempting to make its way through your skin.

Ok... How do you suppose those shards make it all the way through your body and out the skin?.. Hell, mine won't make it past a damp stem. Our bodies are 90% (or close, -its too early for semantics ) WATER!

**DAMN, now I have a mental image of the Magic School Bus driving a shard through my body, stopping at the skin, and pushing it out with some go go gadget device**

Ok let me rephrase..... if you don't have a magic school bus it ain't a shard.

One more thing, comparing meth to alcohol being sweated out is comparing apples and oranges. UTSE

Ammonia builds up in the body from lack of sleep and dehydration . IT WILL COME OUT OF YOUR PORES. ^^^^^^^ many other scientifically sound reasons.

Meth has some nasty shit in it. The best piece of advice I can ever, ever, ever give ANYONE who even thinks this is happening.

Wash your face/body with warm water. DON"T scrub, just use a little pressure. Rinse with cool water. WASH YOUR HANDS every time you pass a sink. Keep that antibacterial gel EVERYWHERE. The shit on your hands is NASTY...really. It's just plain nasty.

One little innocuous touch/scratch to an existing open sore (bite,pimple,ingrown hair) can lead to MASSIVE infections (Staph/Strep) THEN you will really be getting some shit coming out of your skin.

Just please wash your face. Cool wash cloth. Maybe even a little harsher astringent if it makes you feel better but for Gods sake leave it alone.

When you are finally done. PUT ICE ON IT. It may help the swelling, if you've not already given yours self Staph.

well stated point here; answers OP question. ty

Last edited by KeepOnTrying; 20-01-2013 at 19:59. Reason: spelling and general clean up...
Old 18-01-2013, 08:51
Silver Member

tweakingkandi is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 225, Level: 2 Points: 225, Level: 2 Points: 225, Level: 2
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

the Epson salt if you only use a tiny bit Will help with the smell also it drugs you out so you see should drink even more water but that easy compared to constantly having a greasy face.

and like I said it's not SHARDS it's some of the different ingredients and toxins not making through your overworked kidneys, and its not just a hallucination but you do see it differently then what it really is when high. I forgot the chemical or whatever that helps your kidneys get rid of toxins but some people have less then others that's why most people assume people are stupid junkies imagining things. which isn't true.
Old 18-01-2013, 22:57
Silver Member

Male from United States

Quote:
the Epson salt if you only use a tiny bit Will help with the smell also it drugs you out so you see should drink even more water but that easy compared to constantly having a greasy face.

..that's why most people assume people are stupid junkies imagining things. which isn't true.
You're correct. I don't like it when society/fellow member assume things. There's no stupidity in giving information out to help people- and I urge people to look up the "how to" Re: espsom salt bath methods the above poster is speaking about.

Also note: I've read only once per day should this be used.. And it is a cleanse.. so, be sure to hydrate.
Old 18-01-2013, 23:21
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.
Points: 989, Level: 4 Points: 989, Level: 4 Points: 989, Level: 4
Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3%

Is it terrible of me to point out that there's a hilarious pun in the title of this thread?

I imagine if I was up for days without showering, I might need to "clear up" my skin!

Old 19-01-2013, 08:30
GHB

43 y/o Male from Earth
MrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpahderp View Post
Also note: I've read only once per day should this be used.. And it is a cleanse.. so, be sure to hydrate.
I'm guessing you read that on a, let's say, not-quite-so-scientific website?

I'd really like to ask for some valid citation as to the mode of action of this Epsom Salt bath other than which is gained from just having a bath.

I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm simply saying that I can't see what function it would serve and that I would like it explained to me with references from objective and unbiased sources.
Old 19-01-2013, 08:38
Silver Member

Male from United States

Np,

It was replying to this btw:

Quote:
my kitten also tested what they call a Epson salt full detox bath when she woke up after her come down and felt dirty after multiple showers. her boyfriend who is not a user sat with her and even he could see her pores had a ton of stuff coming out and by the time it wad over all the bath water had tons of nasty stuff floating...

..the Epson salt if you only use a tiny bit Will help with the smell also it drugs you out so you see should drink even more water but that easy compared to constantly having a greasy face.

What are Epsom Salts?

Epsom salt is also known as magnesium sulfate, and it is widely recognized for its healing properties. A warm bath with epsom salts is one of the most common treatments in the U.S. for an injury, though they've also been used as an anti-arrhythmic, and even as an exfoliant. As part of a cleanse, epsom salts are an FDA-approved laxative.

Effects of an Epsom-Salt Cleanse

Because epsom salts are a laxative, they will speed up your digestive process. An epsom-salt cleanse is one option if you're constipated or if you are looking to clear your colon. If you're preparing for a colonoscopy, or are looking to clear your bowels before starting a new, healthy lifestyle, an epsom-salt cleanse is a natural option.

Why Does an Epsom-Salt Cleanse Work?

An epsom-salt solution is known scientifically as a "hyperosmotic." Just like other salts, epsom salts attract water, so when epsom salts are passing through your bowels, the salts pull water from other parts of your body. This makes your digestive system more lubricated, and in turn you will excrete more.

Side Effects of an Epsom-Salt Cleanse

Because epsom salts draw water from your body, one of the most common side effects of an epsom-salt cleanse is dehydration. Keep this in mind during a cleanse, and drink plenty of water. Other side effects are related to your intestinal tract, and you may have cramps or gas while doing an epsom-salt cleanse.

Recipe for an Epsom-Salt Cleanse

While exact recommendations for an epsom-salt cleanse vary, the basic recipe involves mixing approximately 2 tsp. of epsom salts in 1 cup of warm water. Stir the epsom salts until they dissolve, and drink. While epsom salts are FDA-approved as a laxative, keep in mind that consuming too much salt can lead to dehydration and other harmful side effects, so do not repeat this cleanse more than once per day.

healthdothowstuffworksdotcom/skin-care/problems/treating/epsom-salt-baths4.html

healthdothowstuffworksdotcom/skin-care/problems/treating/epsom-salt-baths.html

+ I posted it on another thread re:massive meth binge and a suggestion of epsom salts.

Last edited by derpahderp; 19-01-2013 at 09:01. Reason: added quote, added links
Old 19-01-2013, 08:48
GHB

43 y/o Male from Earth

Yeah I know what you were replying to. My request for citation is for the 'Epsom Salt bath toxin cleanse' claim in general, irrespective of who is making it, so don't think I'm just calling you out for it !

That text you've included without the reference? I guarantee you that's from some 'naturopathic' woo site. Objective it ain't.
Old 19-01-2013, 08:54
Silver Member

Male from United States

Nope, I don't think you're calling me out.. I'd just put it up to back up the why

I can edit another link from a non-woo site like howstuffworks.. Example above.
Old 19-01-2013, 09:01
GHB

43 y/o Male from Earth

Actually I've just found the most extensive objective and unbiased analysis of the 'Epsom Salt bath' claim I have ever seen.

http://saveyourself.ca/articles/real...psom-salts.php

I won't post it here because it's quite long.
tl;dr version: Epsom Salt bath claims are bunk.

If anything, according to many meth users, they end up with very dry skin from their amphetamine abuse so a salt bath could dry the skin out even further, compounding their risk of infection.

Share this on:

Tags
crack bugs, meth amphetamine, meth bumps, methamphetamine

» New Threads
Should i come off suboxone?
Last post by figgy
4 Replies, 74 Views
Tramadol use after prescribed for...
Last post by detoxin momma
2 Replies, 21 Views
Hallucinations on MDMA comedown?
Last post by Jozi Gold