Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 10-01-2013, 18:06

31 y/o Male from United States
joe111599 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Pre-Employment drug screen...fake (synthetic) urine?

Just a quick question. All I have in my system is oxycodone. I have a prescription for them. Should I be worried about the company not hiring me? I was debating whether or not using some synthetic urine. Really don't think they'll have a problem with seeing them in my system as long as I let them know up front that I take them...right?

I don't know...still undecided. Open to everyone's opinions. Thx!
Old 10-01-2013, 18:14
Banned

Male from United States
baZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12
Activity: 21.8% Activity: 21.8% Activity: 21.8%
Re: Pre-Employment drug screen...fake (synthetic) urine?

You have the right idea. Just tell whoever is giving the test that you have a valid prescription and offer to give them any information they feel necessary, e.g. prescribing doctor's name or whatever. If you have an old prescription bottle, I would consider bringing it in (or leave your pills at home and bring in the current one just to show them). Honestly, I have only been tested for employment once, but they gave me the opportunity to announce any prescription medication i was on.

Why are you asking about synthetic urine in the subject? I'm just asking because I'm conufsed. Honestly, though, I don't think there are a whole lot of answers to this one. If you're taking them legally, just tell them. To not hire you because of that would be discrimination of someone with a chronic pain condition/disability.
Old 10-01-2013, 19:18

I was just wondering if I should just eliminate the possibility of not getting hired by using synthetic urine...avoid any problems that may arise. That's all. Thx for your input. I'll prolly just piss in the cup and tell them I take them. Bring the bottle also is a good idea.
Old 10-01-2013, 19:24
Banned

Male from United States
baZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond repute

Yeah, I think you really run a risk of synthetic urine backfiring on you and then you definitely won't get hired. There is no reason that they should have a problem finding oxycodone in your urine if it is a legitimate prescription. Don't worry about it too much, and like I said, I definitely recommend against synthetic urine. Just make sure if they don't ask what medications you're on (they might not) that you announce it regardless. Obviously a no-brainer, I'm just saying don't forget.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:00

Sounds great...Thx for the help!
Old 11-01-2013, 06:09
Dankitydankness Dankitydankness is nu online
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from USA - Maryland
Dankitydankness is a decent psychonaut.Dankitydankness is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 604, Level: 3 Points: 604, Level: 3 Points: 604, Level: 3
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

Where I work they do random drug testing. If you are on a prescription then you have to tell the people administering the test and provide proof. They are not allowed to tell your employer. Idk if its different where you work.

Anyways I got randomly tested and had to use quick fix synthetic urine because I smoke weed. I passed. The stuff works
Old 11-01-2013, 06:32
Banned

Male from United States

The problem with synthetic urine is that depending on how stringent the company is about their drug testing, some will test the temperature of the specimen immediately after collection specifically to find out if people are using synthetic urine or someone else's. Whether or not it works is really a moot point anyway for the purpose of this thread and topic seeing as the OP has a legal prescription and therefore should simply announce it and provide proof as already suggested. Good to know it works in a pinch, though.
Old 11-01-2013, 21:31

Male from United States
BobDole6395 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I have a legit script for Oxy and have taken several drug tests for different pre-employment jobs over the years and have never once had the employer ask about pissing hot for Oxy. I think it's something that they don't really test for that much unless the employer specifically asks for it, which costs them more money.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:17
Mercury Member

24 y/o Male from United States
BudBarsBlues needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

That's a tough one because a good employer who is actually understanding would understand that your prescribed it when you tell them and it wouldn't affect them hiring you. However most people aren't like that and I think that even if your had an rx he might think maybe he tricked a doc or maybe its a fake rx. Maybe he'll become addicted if he wasn't already. I suggest using the fake urine but just make sure you spend a good amount of money and don't be cheep with the urine. Also do some research on the urine your planning to buy...
Old 05-07-2013, 08:39
Banned

25 y/o Male from United States
EclairsTurf is heading for the Darwin Award.EclairsTurf is heading for the Darwin Award.

Where I'm from... It doesn't matter if you have a script or not... If you're on oxycodone they will not hire you. Also I'm really not familiar with State law but I'm sure in my state if you're prescribed something like Oxycodone it pretty much means you're disabled and not able to work. Don't know if it's true or not.. Just what I've heard from people prescribed Oxycodone. Take it with a grain of salt.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:12
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
This Bear Eats Fascists is captain of the psychonauts.This Bear Eats Fascists is captain of the psychonauts.This Bear Eats Fascists is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 302, Level: 2 Points: 302, Level: 2 Points: 302, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

A lot depends on the type of job/employer and even state you're in.

But- I do think that in this particular case, transparency and honesty work in your favor.

I believe the rights and privacy of the individual are inalienable, and that there's a lot to be said for not outright advertising your use even though it's entirely justifiable and valid.

Just adding another perspective to consider here-

Hypothetically, if you withhold this info or do something deceptive like using fake piss, and something happens (e.g. accident on the job, whatever) and your employer somehow finds out AFTER they've already hired you-

it will look like you've lied about your use (because you have) and they won't like that. This situation could really hurt you.

Here's another thing you could do-

As far as I know, most employers will send a prospective employee to an independent, separate party or facility to get tested. You could call up that place anonymously, or have someone else call up, and ask if you're obligated to disclose all prescription medications for the particular test and/or employer. Could just give you a little more clarity and info.

Good luck, Joe! Let us know what happens!

EDIT: fuckin hell, i just noticed how oldballs this thread is. sorry for that. I do want to know how it went, though!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good point about the accident even if this was an old post.

Last edited by This Bear Eats Fascists; 05-07-2013 at 09:18. Reason: oldballs thread. sorry.
Old 12-07-2013, 14:30
Titanium Member

Female from Earth
thespeedofdark is a decent psychonaut.thespeedofdark is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 254, Level: 2 Points: 254, Level: 2 Points: 254, Level: 2
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

I totally realize this thread is actually super old, and normally I would not post at all in it because of that, BUT I do think it involves an important issue that a lot of people coming to DF may want information on, and so I would like to share my experiences with being a chronic pain patient and pre-employment drug tests... and I would like to say up front that even if you piss hot for things like morphine, you CAN still be hired as long as you have valid scripts, because I've been there and done that.

First off, whether or not you actually show up positive depends on what you are taking and what method the drug testers are using to detect drug metabolites in your urine. For example, if it's just a quickie test, like the 3-panel one, and you're taking something like hydrocodone, there's a good chance you'll show up clean - this has happened to me within the last year.

However, I have also taken a pre-employment drug test while taking legally prescribed MS-Contin and Percocet, AND it was with an employer that used more intensive testing - probably including mass spectroscopy/chromatography, because it was a research hospital. However, despite popping up positive for morphine, I was still hired.

What happened was, a few days after the test, the employee health officer at the hospital I was applying for a research job at called and said, "Your drug test came up positive for morphine." I said, very calmly, "I know" and proceeded to tell him what health conditions I had and exactly what I was taking for it. I pulled no punches and even though one of my many conditions isn't particularly easy to discuss with strange people (a bladder condition called interstitial cystitis), I told him all about it. He then asked me to provide a letter from my doctor confirming all of this, and pharmacy records showing my most recent 6 months of usage - both of which I did.

We actually ended up having a long, very genial conversation on the phone that day and he was a really nice man who told me I was the most open and honest person he'd talked to about this stuff in a while... and he noted that I also did not SOUND high at all when we talked (I think part of the phone call was to see if I was completely doped up, to be honest.)

The other thing I did was tell the guy who was going to be my boss the situation prior to taking the drug test. I said, "I just want to let you know that I will 'flunk' the drug test - here's why." He actually called the employee health officer and said, "I don't care what she is on; I want to hire her and that's that."

Needless to say, I got the job. And when I moved to town to start work, the employee health guy who originally called to say I failed the test called me and took me and my husband out to dinner to welcome us to town

SO - if you have a legal prescription and can prove it - DON'T LIE in any way, shape or form. If you lie in any way and then the lie is exposed, it looks like you've got something to hide even if you don't, and that is not going to help your case. The truth will set you free, as the case may be. Explaining your situation to those who need to know works much better. Also, be willing and able to provide doctor and pharmacist-endorsed proof of what you are taking and why.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Excellent advice, with real world example.
solid advice about being honest with people about legally prescribed drugs,

Share this on: