Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 09-01-2013, 17:54
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
Crack Wizard is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Injecting pure diazepam with alcohol to improve solubility

So i've got my hands on a few grams of pure diazepam (trusted source & tested product orally, definitely up to par) And am planning to I.M some at some point. I'm aware of the fact that is completely insoluble in water, but after some research i discovered it is in ethyl alcohol. I was wondering if this must be pure ethyl alcohol, diluted down. Or could i simply buy a bottle of vodka use that as an injection solution. Would it be soluble?

Last edited by Crack Wizard; 10-01-2013 at 00:00.
Old 09-01-2013, 21:23
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from Greece
mkultra5979 is captain of the psychonauts.mkultra5979 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 285, Level: 2 Points: 285, Level: 2 Points: 285, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Re: Injecting pure diazepam with alcohol to improve solubility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crack Wizard View Post
So i've got my hands on a few grams of pure diazepam (trusted source & tested product orally, definitely up to par). I'm aware of the fact that is completely insoluble in water, but after some research i discovered it is in ethyl alcohol. I was wondering if this must be pure ethyl alcohol, diluted down. Or could i simply buy a bottle of vodka use that as an injection solution. Would it be soluble?
Injecting alcohol is a very, very, very bad idea.
Diazepam will be soluble in ethyl alcohol, but, injecting alcohol plus diazepam it's very risky and could be lethal.
I don't know how to use pure diazepam powder. Maybe you will need an electronic scale to count milligrams (sorry for my bad english), put (for example 5 or 10 mgs) in an empty capsule and ONLY if you are sure about the purity and ONLY if you are sure about the mgs, swallow it.
And, for God's sake, vodka????? Serious???.
First of all, shooting alcohol, not only you will burn and destroy your veins (if IV'ed), but you may die.
Secondly, you should know that diazepam + alcohol ORAL is dangerous. So, think about the effects of injecting (IM or IV) alcohol + diazepam = blackout and death.
Please, be responsible and search another ways to get high.
Old 09-01-2013, 21:39
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United Kingdom
twatatouille is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1
Activity: 10.4% Activity: 10.4% Activity: 10.4%

You won't get a rush or anything out of it, so don't waste your time. Take it orally, it's got a very high oral bioavailability, and you save on any risks of injecting - benzos aren't at all like opiates where there is a financial and recreational reason to inject, there is simply no benefit from injecting a benzo, only potential negatives.
Old 09-01-2013, 23:54
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
Crack Wizard is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkultra5979 View Post
Injecting alcohol is a very, very, very bad idea.
Diazepam will be soluble in ethyl alcohol, but, injecting alcohol plus diazepam it's very risky and could be lethal.
I don't know how to use pure diazepam powder. Maybe you will need an electronic scale to count milligrams (sorry for my bad english), put (for example 5 or 10 mgs) in an empty capsule and ONLY if you are sure about the purity and ONLY if you are sure about the mgs, swallow it.
And, for God's sake, vodka????? Serious???.
First of all, shooting alcohol, not only you will burn and destroy your veins (if IV'ed), but you may die.
Secondly, you should know that diazepam + alcohol ORAL is dangerous. So, think about the effects of injecting (IM or IV) alcohol + diazepam = blackout and death.
Please, be responsible and search another ways to get high.
Will be I.M'd, if i didnt state that in the first post i'll edit it now, sorry about that. And I'm talking about using no more then 1-2ml of alcohol, the effects from that will be non existent. I do have 0.01g scales so fairly accurate. Im very comfortable with valium use and have never had any problems from valium use in doses substantially larger then what im planning to I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twatatouille View Post
You won't get a rush or anything out of it, so don't waste your time. Take it orally, it's got a very high oral bioavailability, and you save on any risks of injecting - benzos aren't at all like opiates where there is a financial and recreational reason to inject, there is simply no benefit from injecting a benzo, only potential negatives.
I know it has a very good bio-availability but i've heard very good things about medical diazepam injection solutions, which unfortunately are pricey as hell. I know my injection solution wont be up to par with the medical solution but as long as its soluble in any kind of alcohol, i'll be happy. For anyone else wishing to advice me to just take it orally, i have been, but i wish to try injecting as this is the first time i've had pure diaz so i really want to give it to go.

Will someone just inform me if it will be soluble in any high in alcohol solution?

Post Quality Evaluations:
No need to quote entire posts.
Old 13-01-2013, 20:52
Silver Member

Male from Earth
blazeme is a decent psychonaut.blazeme is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 177, Level: 2 Points: 177, Level: 2 Points: 177, Level: 2
Activity: 4.7% Activity: 4.7% Activity: 4.7%

Diazepam Injection content:
Quote:
Diazepam Injection, USP is a sterile, nonpyrogenic solution intended for intramuscular or intravenous administration. Each milliliter (mL) contains 5 mg diazepam; 40% propylene glycol; 10% alcohol; 5% sodium benzoate and benzoic acid added as buffers; and 1.5% benzyl alcohol added as a preservative. pH 6.6 (6.2 to 6.9). Note: Solution may appear colorless to light yellow.
From what I've heard from nurse who works in mental institution, they inject tranquilizers only when really needed, and as far as diazepam concerned - she told me that it hurts quite a bit. Also, as far as I know, this injection is used as anticonvulsant.
Now, I'm not really sure if result will be worth it, because, as twatatouille said - benzos are not opiates, and same rules don't apply.

Quote:
Will someone just inform me if it will be soluble in any high in alcohol solution?
Yes, from information I could get from Google-ing, diazepam powder should dissolve in alcohol. I don't know if all of it (100%) will dissolve, however.

Quote:
For anyone else wishing to advice me to just take it orally, i have been, but i wish to try injecting as this is the first time i've had pure diaz so i really want to give it to go.
If you still want to inject it, take your time and get proper diazepam solution vial that's used in hospitals, and search forums to find more info about injecting.
I can understand your wish to try something new, but you really need to ask yourself - is it worth the risk?

If you do, however want to continue, for the sake of harm reduction: do NOT use any liquor that contains additional flavors or coloring. Injecting something without knowing EXACTLY what you're injecting is bad idea.

Share this on:

Tags
diazepam, inject alcohol, inject diazepam valium iv, valium