Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 08-01-2013, 12:04

33 y/o Male from Australia
Constantworry is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%
Has anyone else felt this way after massive meth binge?

Hi guys,
Just bit concerned after going way too hard on meth over new years. I nearly OD'd the other day after having a stronger batch ofeth than previous. Ever since then (7 days later) ive felt really weird. I seem to have blocked left ear and very dissociative. I feel like im not really here and everythings a dream. Have i done any brain damage or will this just pass? Ive never experienced this before thats all. Thanks
Old 08-01-2013, 13:56
Titanium Member

24 y/o Male from Australia
methylman251 must live here.methylman251 must live here.methylman251 must live here.methylman251 must live here.methylman251 must live here.methylman251 must live here.methylman251 must live here.methylman251 must live here.
Points: 1,714, Level: 6 Points: 1,714, Level: 6 Points: 1,714, Level: 6
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Re: Has anyone else felt this way after massive meth binge?

Without knowing for sure exactly how strong it is, how much you've had, whether it was cut with anything dodgy or if you IV'd it (increased risk of acute damage from ingestion) poorly as opposed to smoking it no one could give you a definite yes/no answer.

Your brain cells definitely wouldn't be impressed having a flood of dopamine which is big enough with large doses of stimulants, meth in particular, to become toxic to the cells around it. During a long binge your brain ends up realising (reasonably quickly) that something potentially very bad and unexpected is happening and takes steps to minimise the damage which can take a while to recover from. Add to that the shock of having almost no dopamine which it generally needs for a few days because all of it has been released (if you came close to ODing because you had so much changes are there wouldn't be too many neurotransmitters which would definitely prolong the recovery). If it had been a long binge (closer to a week than a few days) its going to be even worse.

You might have just overdone it and that your near OD was verging on an actual OD and so yeah it might take a fair while to fully get over it especially if you're not sleeping heaps eating well etc (all the things that meth stops you doing anyway).

No one can give you medical advice without knowing anything about it though. If your concerned about it or it seems to be getting worse or its a few more days and you just aren't getting any better see a doctor. You live in Australia you could even just tell a doctor that you got exceedingly drunk and somehow ended up having too much meth and was really sick... (there is even a hotline if you live in a city to call it'd be in the phonebook and so you don't even need to see anyone).

They'd run all the appropriate tests if they thought it was necessary and probably give you a lecture on how bad meth is and might judge you a bit but I'd be pretty happy with that if they were treating me for a drug induced problem.

Post Quality Evaluations:
very good information for the op. giving him useful info
Old 08-01-2013, 14:05
Silver Member

Male from USA - Texas
Hippiedave82 is a decent psychonaut.Hippiedave82 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 293, Level: 2 Points: 293, Level: 2 Points: 293, Level: 2
Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0%

Why do you think you nearly OD?
Do you mean that you cant hear out of your left ear?

Describe your "dream state" feeling in more detail if possible.

To get the best response you should include all the details possible. How long was your binge? Roa? Other drugs used? What was eaten, ifanything?

If this is a meth related issue it isnt one ive heard of or experienced. Someone else may be able to help, more info you provide the better.

No one from this forum can tell you if you did brain damage or not, only your doctor can.
Old 08-01-2013, 14:40

Thanks for answering guys. Its hard to explain sort of feels like bad flu. When its hard to communicate when you have flu. I guess its just brain recovering. I do IV. I did have way more than i should have but guess we learn.
Old 08-01-2013, 15:48
Silver Member

32 y/o Female from South Africa
aliceinnowhereland is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8%

Do you mean bone tired, body heavy, jaw finished, eyes crossed and every inch sore kinda feel after a binge? It's a really heavy shit feeling. Sleep sleep and sleep but sometimes it feels so far and unknown. Your legs cramp, your skin hurts your mind jumps from interest to interest way tired and over you!
I use to drink an energy drink, by that stage water just catches your throat. Dose up on vitamins. Calcium, magnesium, VIT C, fish oil caps... Technology was not my friend would stimulate me all over again.

Food, warm bath, food, sugar sleep! Tell myself a million times that's it taking a break, needle you little bitch.. But meth and I we always made friends in the morning.

Well written open and honest response. Well done on a well written post based on you're own experience
Old 08-01-2013, 18:55
Silver Member

Male from United States
derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.
Points: 2,030, Level: 6 Points: 2,030, Level: 6 Points: 2,030, Level: 6
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%

In response to your left ear question there is a small non-evasive procedure: an ear lavage. (Might help, unsure)

Or if health insurance is an issue you can buy hydrogen peroxide otc + a baby snot remover(blue plastic tube used to suck out or degunk a babies nose, safe for the ear, do not use anything hard near your ear drums)

-add small cap of hydrogen-perox to bowl(the kind you eat from btw) and add warm water.. Not scalding hot.
-take the blue nasal aspirator and suck up the water and peroxide
-gently squirt into your ear over the sink and repeat X times
-add a bit of the water+peroxide into your ear for 5-10mins (you'll feel a pleasent bubbling, breaking apart gunk in your ear)- and keep your head tilted to keep the liquid in.

It's used to get rid of swi.mmers ear(a real thing) and helps get rid of the excess gunk in your ear.

Fyi, methyl and the rest of the posters do have the right mind set.. And take it easy of course for the next week+ seek primary care/urgent care if needed.

For good advice and in particular for actually reading the previous posts in the thread and integrating it into your post. It doesn't happen surprisingly often

Last edited by derpahderp; 08-01-2013 at 19:05. Reason: typo
Old 09-01-2013, 20:09
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Poland
Loken is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantworry View Post
Hi guys,
Just bit concerned after going way too hard on meth over new years. I nearly OD'd the other day after having a stronger batch ofeth than previous. Ever since then (7 days later) ive felt really weird. I seem to have blocked left ear and very dissociative. I feel like im not really here and everythings a dream. Have i done any brain damage or will this just pass? Ive never experienced this before thats all. Thanks
The mental symptoms you described are hm...(relatively) rather common. (in the sense that even people who don't use anything feel like that from time to time) A girl I once talked to had something like that (used same words as you to describe it) after drinking lots of beer daily for 1-2 months straight. The important thing is for you not to 'trip' on how possibly something got damaged - it will certainly pass with time*, and it will pass faster if you take care of yourself, especially in regards to sleep and having a fulfilling routine of spending your time. (so your thoughts/feelings get filled with thinking about real things rather than worrying) It would help if you would give more details about your situation - like do you have a routine of worrying about your thoughts or how you feel etc.?
*But at same time, it is possible for such mental states to endure for annoyingly long amount of time, if one does not take care of oneself sufficiently.

Last edited by Loken; 09-01-2013 at 20:15.
Old 09-01-2013, 23:44
Silver Member

Male from United States
derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loken View Post
The mental symptoms you described are hm...(relatively) rather common. (in the sense that even people who don't use anything feel like that from time to time).
There's a technical term I'm sure- but in the past I've read it like a meth-fog(for those who have used).

-Where you feel the blurr of reality/but not really all there.. without the euphoria. I believe every sub-set of users have their own foggy symptoms.

Edit:
-Also a two to three day period of just sleeping and allowing your mind to rest+ a couple weeks of being tired even with exercise.

Exercise like light walks, laps around your neighborhood etc.. once feeling better will help with some of those feelings the OP described. The more you go outside then the duration of those symptoms seemed to go down.

-Just my own experience and imho.(add-on to what Loken brought up)

Last edited by derpahderp; 09-01-2013 at 23:55. Reason: structure, added edit note
Old 10-01-2013, 11:39

Thanks guys. Its good to know that there's sites like this where we can share experiences. Take care all.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:43
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from Australia
michael6120 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 82, Level: 1 Points: 82, Level: 1 Points: 82, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

I think everything has been answered for you buddy . . but for the extra reassurance . . It it unusual for me to start feeling normal again for up to a couple months after hitting the ice pretty hard . .

for sharing the information on recovery time; thank you
Old 18-01-2013, 09:00
Silver Member

Female from United States
tweakingkandi is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 225, Level: 2 Points: 225, Level: 2 Points: 225, Level: 2
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Get into a hot bath and put Epson salt and a little peroxide it detox, and helps you feel better quicker. It makes the foggy cloud in your head that people get after cone down go away and makes you go back to normal after you sleep and do the detox. The next morning it will be gone my friend did the sand thing and couldn't or wouldn't I guess come down for a week and a hAlf and she felt better almost as soon as she got out.
Old 18-01-2013, 21:49
Silver Member

Male from United States

^ Again, this forum is meant for people to utlilize previous experiences but be sure to add the "how to" and information about it.

Quote:
What are Epsom Salts?

Epsom salt is also known as magnesium sulfate, and it is widely recognized for its healing properties. A warm bath with epsom salts is one of the most common treatments in the U.S. for an injury, though they've also been used as an anti-arrhythmic, and even as an exfoliant. As part of a cleanse, epsom salts are an FDA-approved laxative.

Effects of an Epsom-Salt Cleanse

Because epsom salts are a laxative, they will speed up your digestive process. An epsom-salt cleanse is one option if you're constipated or if you are looking to clear your colon. If you're preparing for a colonoscopy, or are looking to clear your bowels before starting a new, healthy lifestyle, an epsom-salt cleanse is a natural option.

Why Does an Epsom-Salt Cleanse Work?

An epsom-salt solution is known scientifically as a "hyperosmotic." Just like other salts, epsom salts attract water, so when epsom salts are passing through your bowels, the salts pull water from other parts of your body. This makes your digestive system more lubricated, and in turn you will excrete more.

Side Effects of an Epsom-Salt Cleanse

Because epsom salts draw water from your body, one of the most common side effects of an epsom-salt cleanse is dehydration. Keep this in mind during a cleanse, and drink plenty of water. Other side effects are related to your intestinal tract, and you may have cramps or gas while doing an epsom-salt cleanse.

Recipe for an Epsom-Salt Cleanse

While exact recommendations for an epsom-salt cleanse vary, the basic recipe involves mixing approximately 2 tsp. of epsom salts in 1 cup of warm water. Stir the epsom salts until they dissolve, and drink. While epsom salts are FDA-approved as a laxative, keep in mind that consuming too much salt can lead to dehydration and other harmful side effects, so do not repeat this cleanse more than once per day.
Cleansing can help but the dehyrdation and laxative effects without proper hydration and eating afterwards is needed. Also see READ notes re: blood pressure and epsom salt baths after a comedown.

I'm fairly sure you don't want to do this during a session of being on the Go/stimu/etc.

Courtesy of Mr.G http://saveyourself.ca/articles/real...psom-salts.php

Last edited by derpahderp; 19-01-2013 at 09:07. Reason: added link

Share this on:

Tags
binge, meth, methampetamine, methamphetamine