Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Other drug addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Other drug addiction Support for coping with recovery & addiction on other drugs.

Old 31-12-2012, 17:28
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Chembrain is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Phenibut withdrawal

Well I've been taking phenibut for the past 8 months, I know the dangers of withdrawals and tolerance, and used it sparingly in the past. But 8 months ago due to work and social pressure I found I couldn't stop.

Fast forward now, phenibut brings nothing, I need it to sleep and to hold of withdrawals. Other than that I feel it has dulled my cognitive ability, dulled my emotions and I generally think a lot less quick on my feet as it were. It also doesn't improve my social anxiety, all it does is the above stated, how ever if i dont take it, or take lower amounts anxiety creeps in and I feel depressed.

I read in a few places maybe taking a benzo might take the edge off the withdrawals, so the closest thing I could source was Etizolam.

So far this week i've been tapering down the dosage, I haven't had scales so I've eye balled everything.

24th - I took my average dose, eye balled of course
25th - About half my average dose
26th - About half of my average dose
27th - A very small amount in the morning, but in the even I felt depressed,alone,anxious after just getting back to my empty flat after spending christmas with family etc. So I took a tiny bit of Phenibut to take the edge off.
28th - Started off by taking some Tauraine and L Tryosine and maybe a tiny bit of phenibut, seemed ok but the the etizolam came so I took half 1mg tab before going back to work and feel ok. And then 1.5 mg tab before sleep
29th - I think I just 1m in the morning, in the after noon 1.5mg and i woke up in the night freaking out with crazy night mares taking 2 mg hoping it would knock me out.
30th - Took 2mgs of etizolam before work... Seemed a bit spacey today, short term memory is shit. Just got home taken 3 mg of etizolam to try and calm down.

So far there has been a thorough lack of phenibut used this week which is geat, my stash has hardly gone down and I'm not tempted to use it. Etizolam seems to mask the withdrawals but I dont seem to get the usually eztizolam effects I would if I was taking it on its on. However I think things are clear and there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Just wonder what I'll be like once I'm cold took. My etizolam stash is small I have 5 mgs left which should see me though to my day off.. Working tomorrow and new years day. And then off. Hopefully etizolam would have done it's job and I'll be phenibut free. I may experience some minor withdrawals but we will se wednesday.

I feel sorry for any one else going through or experienced the withdrawals, not to be downplayed. When I first took it, I was talkative, social funny it was great, who I always wanted to be .

Chembrain added 1422 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

Today - 31st.

Two 2mg of Etizolam in the morning, and nothing else since. Got back home at 4.30 had a few beers, feel pretty good. Memory seems to be crap, and time all seems to blur together, as well as going quicker.

So far phenibut free for 3 days, no noticeable signs of withdrawals, as you'd usually expect with phenibut. I believe etizolam is covering them up.

For the first time in ages last night, I finally felt normal and managed to get loads of work done late at night. I had trouble sleeping and kept having nightmares, freaking out etc. Decided to try and eat a load of food and drink some beers to see if I could pass out, still took a while to sleep.

Tomorrow will be my last dose of Etizolam, then I have two days off work and I will be phenibut free!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thanks for sharing your experience. Not too many phenibut experiences around
Thank you for talking about this very detailed and well written, open and impressive account of your experiences. Please do come back and let us know how it goes for you.

Last edited by Chembrain; 31-12-2012 at 17:28. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-01-2013, 23:52
Silver Member

Male from United States
FenixDelta753 is captain of the psychonauts.FenixDelta753 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 567, Level: 3 Points: 567, Level: 3 Points: 567, Level: 3
Activity: 11.3% Activity: 11.3% Activity: 11.3%
Re: Phenibut withdrawal

congrats on the accomplishment. It sounds like you're done with the WDs but you'll need more time to recover from the subtle cognitive effects regarding your neurotransmitters and what not. keep us posted on whats going on.

How was it that you went from using occasionally to full blown addiction?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Very succinct and punchy little post that packs alot of quality into a few lines.
Old 02-01-2013, 00:11
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
c4nucKsens8tioN is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 187, Level: 2 Points: 187, Level: 2 Points: 187, Level: 2
Activity: 12.9% Activity: 12.9% Activity: 12.9%

I've always wanted to try phenibut but with my addiction characteristics I'm very hesitant.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:06
Silver Member

Male from United States
FenixDelta753 is captain of the psychonauts.FenixDelta753 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 567, Level: 3 Points: 567, Level: 3 Points: 567, Level: 3
Activity: 11.3% Activity: 11.3% Activity: 11.3%

buy a tiny amount like maybe 5-10g if you're hesitant. Its not addictive like opiates by any means so dont worry about that. Its more like a xanax addiction I would imagine. But not having used Xanax before that is only a guess.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:00
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Chembrain is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Hey there, things are going great. Haven't felt this good in a very long time, eating healthy, working out, productivity is through the roof. Phenibut worked so well at first, maybe because I was only 19 - 20, little world experience and needed something to take the edge off.

With phenibut I always drank quite a lot as well, not sure if a supplement/drug that effects the gaba receptors makes you more likely to want a drink ? I don't know, I've given up drinking too.

I have some sleep issues at the moment, been lying in bed for 2 hours with no results, last night I was in and out of sleep. All of the Etizolam was used on new years day, just 1mg in the morning. Aside from lack of sleep everything is great. Of course as you said it will take a bit of time for my neurotransmitters to normalise.

It's hard to describe as to why I became dependant on phenibut. I first started messing around with etizolam in Feb, whilst drinking a lot and it ended up with me having a break down and losing my job. So I took 3 months out and then got offered my job back, I was nervous about going back so used phenibut to take the edge off, as it was catering you need to be sociable, and as we got busier and nearer the summer I could never find an "opportune" time to get off. I always thought i'd need a good 7 days to taper down and then go cold turkey. Until I did some research about tapers and using benzo's to mitigate withdrawals.

I knew using etizolam could be a disaster with my previous experience, but I was very strict with a goal in mind, and only purchased 20 1mg tablets. All in all I'm happy with how things went. The past week on etizolam and phenibut has been a bit of a blur, people at work may have noticed me being slightly strange, but nothing extraordinary.

My advice for any one struggling with phenibut, taper down, use a limited supply of benzos to get over withdrawals. Make a week plan and stick to it, you're better off with out phenibut.
Old 13-02-2013, 15:03
Palladium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Synesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline Medline
Points: 5,823, Level: 11 Points: 5,823, Level: 11 Points: 5,823, Level: 11
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Can you include the rough phenibut dosages you took please? That would be very helpful to other users reading this post for advise, else it's very hard to cross reference between users.

Synesthesiac added 384 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Just I've even gotten into a slight pickle with phenibut, over approximately 13 days I have gotten through roughly 40g. I used it to halt GHB withdrawals, which it seemed to work perfectly for. I did not even notice that I needed it, as I did not even use it at all for two days and noticed nothing, I even used GHB to sleep last night (not a good idea in retrospect). However having not dosed in a day now I feel like absolute hell. Head feels like it could explode, have de-realization and am very conscious of a high blood pressure around my heart. I have dosed 1g (half of which was puked up, it gives me a bad gut) and have waited as long as possible to avoid dosing again, but have just done another 500mg six hours later as it was getting unbearable. I have 200 etiz arriving tomorrow, which I will only use if I have to. And about 30g of phenibut left.

Can you taper phenibut? And are these dosages at all dangerous, or just extremely uncomfortable?

Internet reports are extremely contradictory. I think a lot of people are in a for a shock with this drug when they try to stop it.

I'm glad etiz worked for the above poster however, but I don't think that etiz will help the gaba-b withdrawal effects much.

Last edited by Synesthesiac; 14-02-2013 at 00:33. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 13-02-2013, 15:56
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.
Points: 1,012, Level: 4 Points: 1,012, Level: 4 Points: 1,012, Level: 4
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Hi Synaesthesiac -

At a dose of about 3g a day, you're at somewhat heavy use, but not terribly dangerous in the short term.

The GABAa modulation won't entirely substitute for the GABAb, but it should help as an anticonvulsant and general depressant. It's a lot easier to taper down the etizolam than the phenibut because the etizolam is in pellets instead of a general powder.

Right now as you're trying to wean yourself off, is it possible for you to try plugging to avoid GI upset? It is somewhat acidic and should be mixed with a little bit of a base in order to avoid irritation, but it would be helpful to avoid the vomiting if possible. One other benefit of it is that you could then use volumetric dosing to control very precisely the amount of phenibut used.

Lastly, congratulations on your work of getting off of GHB. That's a harder substance to get off of than phenibut, so you've made some real progress. Legality is also a plus - you should rest easier ( ) and be less afraid to ask for help knowing you're not on a Schedule II.

Please keep us posted on how you feel. If it gets overwhelming, do try some ethanol or a benzo in order to avoid seizures and, if need be, don't be unwilling to seek medical attention. GABA modulators are one of the very few classes of drugs which withdrawal from can be fatal.

To the OP: Thank you very much for your focused, detailed, and brutally transparent account.
Old 14-02-2013, 13:30
Palladium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Synesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline Medline

^ Thanks for that. Turns out it was the being sick that stopped the first lot from working, four hours after the second 500mg and I finally feel ok and am keeping it down too. My daily dose must be about 1g to alleviate withdrawals. I'll decrease this by 200mg daily. Hope the etiz arrives soon. Might ask my GP for some gabapentin tomorrow. The fact it's not scheduled makes this all a hell of a lot easier to own up to. Had very mixed results from admitting drug use in the past.

The reason I did so much is I appear to have brought bunk phenibut before so was basing this on a faulty previous experience, it did basically nothing to me and I got through 40g in the same time, with no withdrawals and no real effects either. This was a lot stronger, the last stuff must have been either fake or majorly cut.

Synesthesiac added 28 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

This thread is from another user that did practically the same as me, but he had not just come off GHB by using phenibut the weeks before like me. Presumably I've got extra gaba-a and gaba-b down-regulation to overcome from that too

Looking for Phenibut withdrawal advice/help quick

Synesthesiac added 1147 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Woken up after 8 hours sleep, feel fine. Over 24 hours since last phenibut dose of 500mg. Weird. Done 2mg etiz anyway. Seems it may have been a weird reaction to combining GHB and phenibut on that last night more than serious phen withdrawals. Will take it easy the next few days anyway and report back.

Last edited by Synesthesiac; 14-02-2013 at 13:30. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 20-02-2013, 18:54
Palladium Member

Male from United Kingdom

That was strange, even though I felt awful for that one day I dosed 500mg and felt fine ... and that was it. Didn't even need to taper. Phenibut has extremely weird non linear Pharmacodynamics, the slow onset of four hours to peak implies to me the main active chemical is likely a main metabolite and not the phenibut itself.

It seems it was more the combination GHB while on it that caused the issue than the over indulgence of phenibut itself.

Last edited by Synesthesiac; 20-02-2013 at 19:11.

Share this on:

Tags
etizolam, phenibut