Register Tags

Notices

Old 29-12-2012, 01:55

23 y/o Male from United States
turtletime is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Swollen hand after shooting up

My friend is pretty new to injecting heroin. Last night was about his fifth time iving himself ad he usually goes for the hand. Last night he was struggling to find a vein and finally drew blood on a vein below his index finger. He did not notice anything out of the usual, he drew blood, banged about 50 units of te solution, and drew back after to make sure he was still in the vein. He put the remaining solution back in his hand and noticed a little swelling afterwards. He felt the itch go up his arm so he does not think he hit an artery, but has been researching artery hits ad other complications that could cause the swelling that is still present after 24 hours. My friend is kind of sketched out and is wondering if any other ivers have ever experienced a swollen site. Thanks
Old 08-01-2013, 21:06
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
mrMarco is a decent psychonaut.mrMarco is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 266, Level: 2 Points: 266, Level: 2 Points: 266, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Swollen hand after shooting up

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletime View Post
My friend is pretty new to injecting heroin. Last night was about his fifth time iving himself ad he usually goes for the hand. Last night he was struggling to find a vein and finally drew blood on a vein below his index finger. He did not notice anything out of the usual, he drew blood, banged about 50 units of te solution, and drew back after to make sure he was still in the vein. He put the remaining solution back in his hand and noticed a little swelling afterwards. He felt the itch go up his arm so he does not think he hit an artery, but has been researching artery hits ad other complications that could cause the swelling that is still present after 24 hours. My friend is kind of sketched out and is wondering if any other ivers have ever experienced a swollen site. Thanks
I can tell you from experience that you prob hit an artery and if you also injected into this artery that would cause swelling... i would Keep A close eye on it and dont shoot in that area...and If it gets worse then go straight to ER to get some antibiotics.
Old 08-01-2013, 21:45
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute
Re: Swollen hand after shooting up

^no, if he hit an artery, it would have been extremely painful. plus there is no artery in the hand, under the middle finger. what happened was you missed the hit. Not all of it but some leaked out, you might have blown the vein.

is the swelling bad (goose egg?), is it warm to the touch, is it painful? If not, you're probably okay, just an allergic reaction but if you get any of those symptoms, it can be a sign of an abcess and in that case you'll need to go to a hospital.

For a beginer, the hand is a very bad place to shoot in. The veins are small and delicate. You should try to shoot in the crook of your elbow, those are the easiest to catch. Hand veins are easy to miss or blow out. If you do shoot into them, inject very slowly and pull back on the plunger at least once after you start shooting to make sure you're still in.

Share this on:

Tags
heroin

» New Threads
Why is it so hard to find people...
Last post by CaliSunshine
23 Replies, 2,228 Views
Will I experience withdrawls?
Last post by Rex_the_dog
0 Replies, 1 Views
Methamphetamine and Sex
Last post by CaliSunshine