Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 24-12-2012, 01:19
Silver Member

Female from United States
Magilla is a decent psychonaut.Magilla is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 316, Level: 2 Points: 316, Level: 2 Points: 316, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Buspirone, Recreation?

Came across a few "bars" they looks like Xanax bars however have different symbols/#'s and are apparently Buspirone. So, does Buspar/Buspirone have any recreational value? (from all reports read so far most say they have more negative side effects than positive.)

BTW, haven't even tried them yet because heard they can cause headaches, and headaches are my worst nightmare.

Last edited by Magilla; 24-12-2012 at 01:28.
Old 24-12-2012, 01:48
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute
Re: Buspirone, Recreation?

why don't you just click the hotlink in your post for buspirone? you'll get your answer that way. by the way, the answer is no.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Shrewd point about just using a good old fashioned hotlink for info.
Old 24-12-2012, 02:01
Silver Member

Male from Earth
thirdeyelasik is captain of the psychonauts.thirdeyelasik is captain of the psychonauts.thirdeyelasik is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 302, Level: 2 Points: 302, Level: 2 Points: 302, Level: 2
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%

In my opinion buspar is the definition of non recreational. It can be a very useful alternative to the addicting nature of benzos for those of us with anxiety issues.
Old 24-12-2012, 04:26

20 y/o Male from United States
gamedeaths409 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1

I was prescribed Buspar, and it's complete crap. Don't even attempt taking it recreationally. If I were you, I'd throw it out. Yes, they caused stress headaches for me. Think of a migraine but without the light sensitivity. Your head feels like it's pounding for 5+ hours. Yeah I wouldn't recommend taking it
Old 01-01-2013, 15:35
Silver Member

30 y/o Female from Canada
windupbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

I have severe anxiety and insomnia. I have been prescribed buspirone and I'm wondering if anybody else has taken it and actually seen results. I am already taking A LOT of benzos at the moment but I'm running out and pretty sick of coming out of the benzo blur when I run out of pills....and detoxing every month. I've read the article on Buspirone and I've read on a couple other message boards that it doesnt work that often, especially when you use "real" benzos often.

Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 04-01-2013, 07:51

20 y/o Male from United States
gamedeaths409 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1

So you're looking for more of an anti-depressant / insomnia pill(s). The best I could recommend for you would be Lexapro and Ambien. If you're used to benzos, you may have to mention that to get a higher dose, As for the Lexapro, it's helped my anxiety great and I feel like I can express myself finally! The one downside is it's apparently supposed to give you a kick of energy but I believe it kills my appetite and makes me sleep more. Ambien in a high dose would be good, though.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:44
Silver Member

30 y/o Female from Canada
windupbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

my doctor wont prescribe me ANY benzos at all because I have a history of addiction. I believe I'm taking ambien right now (zoplicone) but it does hardly anything at all. I'm nervous because I start school again on Monday and this is usually right when my anxiety peaks. I dont know what to do at this point...nothing works.
I read a good thread about what to do when you have a panic attack and I got a lot of good tips but the fact is, i still have panic attacks and constant anxiety (especially at night) daily.

Post Quality Evaluations:
zopiclone is not Ambien,zolpidem is Ambien
Old 06-01-2013, 01:58
Silver Member

Male from USA - Montana
immortal agony is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 178, Level: 2 Points: 178, Level: 2 Points: 178, Level: 2
Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2%

Buspirone has no useful effect on me, either recreational or medicinal. I found it worthless as an anxiolytic. It basically just makes me feel kind of faint and drowsy for about an hour after I take it, and that's it. (It's not even really useful as a sleep aid)
Old 08-01-2013, 10:06

34 y/o Male from United States
Les531 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by windupbird View Post
my doctor wont prescribe me ANY benzos at all because I have a history of addiction. I believe I'm taking ambien right now (zoplicone) .but it does hardly anything at all. I'm nervous because I start school again on Monday and this is usually right when my anxiety peaks. I dont know what to do at this point...nothing works.
I read a good thread about what to do when you have a panic attack and I got a lot of good tips but the fact is, i still have panic attacks and constant anxiety (especially at night) daily.
What other drugs might a person take if any, because many drugs and drug combinations can definitely contribute to anxiety, sleeplessness, paranoia and panic attacks. I have taken my prescribed adderall and vyvanse for quite sometime and these can easily lead to sleeplessness anxiety or possibly even panic attacks, especially if you over do it. Marijuana can lead to all of these symptoms as well. Now I don't use marihuana, but am QUITE familiar with experiences that I was there for, where a friend of mine inhaled while on his adderall perscription. This used to lead to devastating panic attacks, and can still be rather unpleasant if not using both in moderation.

Honestly for anxiety and panic attacks, I'd say the first thing you could do is avoid any stimulants that you think could be a contributing factor (including pot) Second I'd practice meditation; with practice I used to be able to calm myself completely, sometimes even during a severe panic attack. Third try different mundane activities that require a bit of focus, and bit of physical activity. Like mopping the floor, or trying to throw rocks into a bucket (never tried this one but I just know from experience that sometimes these random activities really help you from thinking about your fears). One time I just ran my hand under cold water for a few minutes and tried to focus on that sensation. That helped a little bit.

What may have worked once may not always work, but keep experimenting and you might develop some good methods.

Les531 added 12 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Also for sleeplessness, I'm taking trazadone which is a depression medication, but is also prescribed for anxiety and insomnia I believe. When I first started taking them they really put me on my ass. Not in a "I feel good" way, but in a "in relaxed, I'm dazed, and now I can definitely fall asleep now way. Of course they don't work as well anymore and there's a risk for dependency. So I only ever take them as needed and as prescribed, or else they probably wouldn't work very well at all for me, and then I'd have to up the dosage, and i would be dependent. FCK all that mess. 2-4 times a week at most

Les531 added 6 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

OH! Also when I used to sleep all day and then sit around the house, anxiety and insomnia were common occurrences. Working out, working a regular job, not oversleeping, remaining active so at the end of the day you may be tired; these things definitely helped me.

Les531 added 18 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Almost forgot: now I don't mean to be crude but sometimes cranking one out really does the trick. Idk how viable that would be during a severe panic attack, mine are not as intense as they used to be, but for me it often times provides a lot of stress relief.

Last edited by Les531; 08-01-2013 at 10:06. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
buspirone