Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > DMT and Ayahuasca
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

DMT and Ayahuasca DMT, Phalaris, Yopo, Mimosa, Virola & Ayahuasca

Old 26-06-2006, 18:38
Gold Member

26 y/o Male from United States
rxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,645, Level: 7 Points: 2,645, Level: 7 Points: 2,645, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
producing natural DMT

i found this on a site and thought it sounded quite interesting, so im sharing it.

Dark Room Enlightenment Program
The first few days will be used to make up for any sleep deficiency and to relax the body from its daily concerns. Sleeping 12-14 hours a day, will promote healthy amounts of melatonin. We will practice 2 hours of Simple Chi Kung and CNT and Thai massage will be available. We will commence the Kan and Li practices and gradually increase levels of orgasmic and compassionate energy. When you reach a certain point you will begin to hear the cells and DNA making love or coupling. On the 7th, 14th and 21st. evenings, you will be able to terminate the Dark Room Retreat, leaving through a reflexive tunnel.
The Dark Room meditations will influence each person uniquely, depending on their maturity and stage of spiritual development. The following stages may be experienced.

DAY 1-3
Complete isolation from external light causes the pineal gland to flood the brain with the neurotransmitter melatonin. 3 days of Internal Darkness and Sleep Therapy - During these 3 days one has the chance to catch up on all the lost sleep that has occurred over the last few years. This stage cannot be over emphasized, with regard to its importance in the overall process. Christ spent 3 days in the caves near the Dead Sea, utilizing this metamorphic process, which is conducive to a very gradual death of the ego.

DAY 3-5
The pineal gland starts to increase the production of 'pinoline', whereby a greater fluidity of thought and healing of the body starts to occur. This period allows for transition, wherein numerous meditations will be carried out, which will incorporate projection of the energy body and astral travel along with (Iron Shirt) Chi Kung.

DAY 6-8
At this stage the pineal gland also starts to produce the neurohormone 5-MeO-DMT. This psychoactive tryptamine is highly luminescent; it is also extremely phosphorescent due to the amount of phosphene that it transmits onto the visual cortex.
The neurotransmitter 5-MeO-DMT ('akashon') is normally only active when we are in the womb and in the first months of our lives. It is now reactivated in the darkroom. 5-MeO-DMT switches on 40% more of the cerebral cortex and awakens the nervous system to become aware of itself; 'beingness' results. It is the empathogenic neurotransmitter that expands the emotional body between 'infinity and zero'. It gives rise to telepathy in the emotional and intuitive bodies. It engages the awakening of the 'Flower Of Life', the spine, which begins to glow in a state of beingness and peace. 5-Meo-DMT discharges the darkness from the darkroom. A bright light will be activated. This Great White Light, the manifestation of the astral body, enables the self to project externally. Many exercises will be practiced during this period; compacting Chi, consciousness and awareness into the nervous system, working with the Silent Self and anchoring the Immortal Body.

DAY 9-12
There is now enough 'Mono Amine Oxidase Inhibition' triggered by the pinoline, to allow the pineal gland's 'serotonin to melatonin cycle' to be intercepted by adrenaline and ephedrine activity and converted into a 'serotonin - DMT pathway'. When DMT levels reach more than 25mg, one's experience can become very visual. DMT is the visual third eye neurotransmitter. It enables the energy body and spirit to journey into hyperspace, beyond third dimensional realms of time and space. It is intensely energizing. At this stage of the Dark Room Retreat, the required amount of sleep tends to diminish dramatically. Although the day may last 24 hours, 3 hours of sleep can seem like 12. During this period we will engage in further practices; psychic games and interactivity, Taoist Dream Yoga (advanced levels) and Imagination Expansion.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Interesting theory.
nice rare info for the site!
Very interesting post.
Interesting read
very nice post, swim is going to try this soon
very interesting post with great information
Old 26-06-2006, 19:24
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
INodHardOhYeah probably knows what they are talking about.INodHardOhYeah probably knows what they are talking about.INodHardOhYeah probably knows what they are talking about.INodHardOhYeah probably knows what they are talking about.INodHardOhYeah probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 491, Level: 3 Points: 491, Level: 3 Points: 491, Level: 3
Very nice post, I would love to give this a try, the reference to Christ being in the cave for three days was very interesting.
Old 29-06-2006, 03:52
Gold Member

rxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPACrxbandit must think in IUPAC
yeh there is alot of info in the bible that could lead one to believe jesus went through some ego death as a result of mushrooms and natural DMT. whos to say when he disapeared for those many years he wasnt learning the ways from our plant teachers or from a shaman of some sorts. i think there are some possibilitys and im really starting to think christianity just gave jesus a real bad rep.
Old 12-07-2006, 17:00
Silver Member

Male
Silence_Inc is captain of the psychonauts.Silence_Inc is captain of the psychonauts.Silence_Inc is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 499, Level: 3 Points: 499, Level: 3 Points: 499, Level: 3
please link the site to - seems you can join such a retrait. interesting.

tho they do'nt mention food or toilet stuff ... no candles ...
Old 12-07-2006, 17:46

Male from United States
INodHardOhYeah probably knows what they are talking about.INodHardOhYeah probably knows what they are talking about.INodHardOhYeah probably knows what they are talking about.INodHardOhYeah probably knows what they are talking about.INodHardOhYeah probably knows what they are talking about.
I wouldn't exactly say christianity gave Jesus a bad rap, but I would definetly say the greek orthodox church, which runs parallel to the roman catholic church portrayed Jesus in the best light in terms of spirituality and mysticism
Old 12-07-2006, 17:49
Gold Member

the article and retreat information can be found at http://www.universal-tao.com/dark_room/schedule.html
Old 12-07-2006, 19:55
Gold Member

Male from Norway
sunyata really adds to the discussion.sunyata really adds to the discussion.sunyata really adds to the discussion.sunyata really adds to the discussion.sunyata really adds to the discussion.sunyata really adds to the discussion.
Points: 801, Level: 4 Points: 801, Level: 4 Points: 801, Level: 4
The question still remains: Is this backed up scientifically or is it just something Master Mantak claims? I must admit I am sceptical to something like this, it seems like some new age group trying to jump the DMT bandwagon. I might of course be wrong, but it seems like we would have heard about it from more reliable sources if this was possible.
It sounds like sensory deprivation and I am not sure how healthy it would be for an unexperienced individual to commit to such a long time of that. Are these people trained in handling whatever adverse psychic reactions may occur in individuals? Just because someone states that he is in mentally fit doesn't mean he/she is, providing something like that for just anyone is irresponsible, there should not only be some kind of screening process, but also preparation for the event beyond making you "hear the cells and DNA making love or coupling".
Maybe I'm being too prjeudiced here(I know I am), but I just don't trust this. However, I will admit that it is slightly intriguing, I'd like to hear more about it, but from a third party.
Old 12-07-2006, 20:52
Gold Member

i somewhat agree with you, but you also have to realize that alot of the eastern religions have mastered the art of achieving altered states similiar to those induced by substances without any substances whatsoever, theyve had centuries of recorded data and practice in this field.

i definetly think complete darkness would through your circadian rythyms out of wack and amp your melatonin production. melatonin is one of the brains precursors to dmt and i think its highly feasible that something like this would trigger some interesting effects in your brain. i cant give you a definite answer until i get the time to try this, but some skepticism is healthy and warranted.

in my eyes it does make sense and i do have alot of faith in the eastern philosophys and their obscure transcendental practices. astral projection is a good example.
Old 13-07-2006, 15:55
Gold Member

Male from Norway
sunyata really adds to the discussion.sunyata really adds to the discussion.sunyata really adds to the discussion.sunyata really adds to the discussion.sunyata really adds to the discussion.sunyata really adds to the discussion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxbandit
i somewhat agree with you, but you also have to realize that alot of the eastern religions have mastered the art of achieving altered states similiar to those induced by substances without any substances whatsoever, theyve had centuries of recorded data and practice in this field.
No argument there, I don't doubt in the least that visions and whatnot would occur under these conditions, I am just sceptical about the 5-meo-DMT bit. As far as I know there is no solid evidence that the body produces 5-meo or plain DMT that reaches the relevant receptors(to make it psychoactive), there is just a lot of speculation. But, again, I might be wrong, the last update I had into DMT research was Strassmans book.

The technique used here is sensory deprivation, which has proved over and over again to have a strong effect with lots of visual activity.

I too like eastern philosophy, but I can not really imagine that a serious spiritual organization would make this available to just anyone who could supply the money. Like I said above, there should be a screening process(at least to cover their own asses) and also some kind of follow up for something as hard core as this.

These are just my thoughts on it, I don't mean to pour wormwood into anyones cup, but remember there are a lot of scammers in the spiritual field as well, and you are risking more than your money. Be sure to ask these guys a lot of questions and maybe even do some research into their background before letting them modify your state of mind. If they are genuine they will appreciate, understand and encourage your scepticism. The last words of Gautama Buddha was to not trust anything, not even his teachings, see for yourself.
Respect would be appropriate when investigating their credibilty, though. No need to be an asshole.

Keep us posted, if they are genuine it is certainly relevant to this forum.
Old 14-07-2006, 00:38

Male from United States
With no lights you must rely on these people to provide you with food, how easy would it be to feed you a psychoactive? 5-meo-DMTatertots...
Old 14-07-2006, 17:45
Gold Member

good point, it sounds logical though. swim might have to try this on his own when he gets a free week. swims interested to know the truth on this matter as it is quite intriguing
Old 17-07-2006, 08:15

Female
Jonah is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Has anyone tried this?
Old 23-07-2006, 12:35
Gold Member

Male from Norway
From this thread, Rodents post. It's from a forum chat with Rick Strassmann: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4546

elfstone There is a Thai Taoist teacher, Namtak Chia, who is leading retreats in total darkness for 2 weeks, claiming that endogenous DMT levels are raised by this technique - is there any data you are aware of that would reasonably lead to hypothesizing this as a possibility?

Rick_Strassman I'm familiar with this, and have visited his website. I think it's possible, but not by the biochemistry he suggests. Nevertheless, all studies show that pineal function accelerates rapidly in total darkness, and in animals, pineal glands get very very big in total darkness. If there is a role of the pineal in forming endogenous DMT, this certainly would hold some water.
Old 30-11-2006, 08:44
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Paracelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 4,471, Level: 9 Points: 4,471, Level: 9 Points: 4,471, Level: 9
Re: producing natural DMT

While doing some net research for the "Psilocybin free mushrooms" thread, I found the following text. Thought it might be another interesting method to produce endogenous hallucinogenic tryptamines:

"Tryptamine derivatives and beta-carbolines have been detected as endogenous metabolites in mammals, including humans. Methyl transferases that catalyze the synthesis of tryptamines, including DMT, 5-MeO-DMT and bufotenine, are found in human lung, brain, cerebrospinal fluid, liver and heart (McKenna & Towers [1984]). In the pineal gland MAO is the primary inactivation pathway of serotonin, a neurotransmitter synthesized from the amino acid tryptophan. If MAO is blocked by harmine, harmaline or other MAO inhibitors serotonin can be converted by the methyltransferase enzymes HIOMT and INMT into psychedelic tryptamines (5-HT -(HIOMT)-> 5-MeOT -(2*INMT)-> 5-MeO-DMT).
So, ingesting l-tryptophan to increase serotonin levels, a candy bar to increase the amount of tryptophan getting to your brain and natural plant material containing 25-50 mg harmine/harmaline to block MAO, all at the same time, might cause your pineal gland to synthesize substantial amounts of 5-MeO-DMT (Most [1986]). This is extremely dangerous for persons with existing amine imbalance or schizophrenia. For normal, healthy people possible consequences are bad.
A potent inhibitor of INMT, which is a necessary enzyme for the synthesis of DMT and 5-MeO-DMT, is found in particularly high concentrations in the pineal gland. A bypassing or inhibition of the synthesis of this inhibitor might be responsible for trances and other psychedelic states achieved "without drugs" (Strassman [1990]). See Strassman's article for more information and speculation about the pineal gland." http://bluezoo.org/tryptamines/index.html
Old 01-12-2006, 01:44
Gold Member

interesting, however a candy bar and harmaline sounds kind of painful. the harmaline would likely make the theobromine a bit toxic as well as the caffeine and whatever other nasty synthetic chems they put in the candy bar.

Swims friend told him when using harmaline it is good to fast before hand or eat a diet consisting of fresh foods maybe a fruit would be a better replacement for a candy bar.

swims also been told that enough harmaline(syrian rue) on its own will cause a profound entheogenic experience although swims only experienced that out of ordinary sensation himself with harmaline alone.
Old 20-12-2006, 07:27

Male from United States
Paracelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

Might be also interesting:
http://www.acutcmdetox.com/tryptophan2.html
Old 27-12-2006, 13:03

Male from United States

By the way, this darkness enlightment is nothing new, only that now it has got some scientifical explanation. More can be found starting here.
Old 30-12-2006, 13:15
Gold Member

Male from Norway

If you want to this the Viking way you just move above the polar circle and spend the winter outdoors, away from the scattered civilization up here.
I haven't seen the sun for a month, at least.
Studies have shown that people who live in these regions produce a lot more melatonin than those who don't, even if artificial lighting is levelling that out these days.
Which, of course, leads to a lot of uninhibited behavior when summer comes and the sun is up all day and night, but that's another story.
Old 30-12-2006, 13:28
Gold Member

Male from Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paracelsus View Post
By the way, this darkness enlightment is nothing new, only that now it has got some scientifical explanation. More can be found starting here.
I have bone to pick with this article:

Once pinoline is released into the brain, the production of another biochemical, DMT, is stimulated. DMT represents the body's natural ability to create any reality we choose and, interestingly, is also one of the main active ingredients within many psychotropic plants, and is present in some versions of the visionary Amazonian brew, ayahuasca, which is believed to create telepathic states among those who take it, as well as communion with the spirits of the dead. Simply being in darkness, therefore, will lead naturally to a new sense of reality.

Again, where is the study that has shown that this actually happens?
And, "creating any reality we choose"? Obviously this guy has not tried smoking large doses of the stuff, because the only choice SWIM saw when he tried it was a)freak out, or b)go with it. And SWIM wonders how he can consciously choose to create something he's never seen before.
Old 30-12-2006, 17:08

Male from United States

Pinoline is 5-Methoxy-Betacarboline (check the table in the beta-carbolines article on wikipedia). This could be transformed into 5-MeO-DMT and then into DMT (check the link in post #16), but this has never been proven, as far as I know.

I don't know if this method works, but in my opinion, the only way this can be achieved, is to stimulate Indole N-Methyltransferase (by inhibiting its inhibitor in the human body). This cannot work in any other way.

If you are interested in doing this, edit the Wikipedia article. I do this everytime I notice a mistake or something.
Old 07-01-2007, 17:10
Gold Member

Male from Norway

I just might do that.

I'd like to state(again) that I don't have anything against the theory itself, I just don't think it should be presented as fact until it has been verified by scientific experimentation.
I think I'll just add a comment to that effect in the wikipedia article.

Has anybody tried this yet?
Old 08-01-2007, 14:49

Male from United States

To my knowledge - no. But maybe there is some truth about the hostages that were kept in total darkness for weeks and later reported to have learnt the meaning of life

Does anybody know which is the Indole N-Metyl-Transferase inhibitor present in humans?

Share this on:

Tags
dmt, dmt in the body, dmt in the brain, how to produce dmt, natural dmt, precursor, producing natural dmt, sensory deprivation