Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Amphetamine Amphetamine AKA speed

Old 17-12-2012, 14:26
Silver Member

Male from Earth
reef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way up
Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6
Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5%
Wellbutrin (Bupropion) recreational value

I understand this is used an an antidepressant and to cease smoking, but I have also read that its a substituted amphetamine and that aspect of the drug is what I am interested in. I keep looking around and all I find is antidepressant related articles and I just wanna know the recreational value of Wellbutrin (Bupropion).

By the way, it is very hard for me to find Ritalin/Concerta or Dexedrine where I come from. I have not tried finding Adderall but I am pretty sure I wont find it either, still gonna try though.

Thanks in advance.

Post Quality Evaluations:
At almost 900 posts, you should know how to use the forum search engine... This has been well covered in the anti-depressents forum
Old 20-12-2012, 17:06
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.
Points: 989, Level: 4 Points: 989, Level: 4 Points: 989, Level: 4
Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1%
Re: Wellbutrin (Bupropion) recreational value

Bupropion, a substituted cathinone relative of amphetamine, is actually quite effective for use as an anti-addictive. It is prescribed most commonly for tobacco, but is also used for cocaine, amphetamines, and stimulants in general. The recreational potential, according to most, is relatively low. It has a much higher affinity for the norepinephrine transporter than the dopamine transporter, and it can cause "brain fog", supposedly due to its alphe-3beta-4 nicotinic receptor antagonism.

However, it can be invaluable in situations of withdrawal, which I can report first-hand. An immediate cessation of a 3000mg/day (Very bad idea, FYI) habit of caffeine caused anxiety symptoms I have never experienced otherwise, but upon being prescribed 150mg/day and 300mg/day of bupropion extended release (respectively, and in stages, as caution needs to be exercised), a more normal, functional existence was possible.

I'll emphasize that this would be best done while monitored by treatment professionals, as "self-prescription" of stimulants would be (in the situation of attempting cessation) already the problem being considered and is not a suitable treatment for itself.

EDIT: Bupropion is much less difficult to taper off of than most stimulants, I have been told, and my experience would suggest that as well.

Last edited by Boltzmann; 20-12-2012 at 17:20. Reason: Clarification
Old 22-12-2012, 07:50
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from United States
awdcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 108, Level: 1 Points: 108, Level: 1 Points: 108, Level: 1
Activity: 7.4% Activity: 7.4% Activity: 7.4%

absolutely no recreational value in my opinion. it helped me quit smoking though, it also gave me hives 3 weeks into it. It takes 2 weeks to even start to have an effect though, doesnt make you feel much different, unless you have depression i guess. My doc prescribed it cause i have add and it didnt help at all, actually made me worse, i couldnt remember peoples names and without that crap i can remember peoples names that i havent seen in 10 years.

awdcivic added 2 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Oh and no it is not a stimulant. amphetamines are maoi mboi and PEA regulators and they work on the nmda receptors.

Last edited by awdcivic; 22-12-2012 at 07:50. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 25-12-2012, 02:53
Silver Member

awdcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 108, Level: 1 Points: 108, Level: 1 Points: 108, Level: 1
Activity: 7.4% Activity: 7.4% Activity: 7.4%

Oh and if you wanna find stimulants go to a gay club, i guarantee you will have one within 10 minutes. shit gay clubs is where afoaf gets all his drugs and sell all his drugs, simply the best place lol. He learned that from a gay guy lol.
Old 29-12-2012, 10:50
Silver Member

Male from Sweden
DrugDoctor is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%

Bupropion is recreational, but only when ingested intranasally. It produces - at least for me - short "high", with very euphoric and energetic feelings. Bupropion "high" lasts about 30-60 minutes. Subjectively it is somewhat similar to amphetamine or a shitty coke.

Doses I have been using are 150-300 mg. I usually split the dose to 75 mg lines. When snorted first time, citric acid mixed with bupropion (presumably to make abuse more difficult) burns. Tolerance to burning grows fast, and second line wont burn nearly as much than the first one. Using nasal spray after snorting eases the pain, but make sure not to sneeze out all the stuff from youre nose.

Regarding dosage, I do not recommend to exceed 750 mg in 24 hours. When taken excessively, bupropions anticholinergic properties can induce audiovisual hallucinations. And last but not least: bupropion increases risk of a seizure. Risk is dose-dependant. It's not a high risk, mut something you should be aware of. It is possible to reduce seizure-risk by taking an anticonvulsant (benzodiazepine).

Snorting bupropion can become quite addictive, when you finally learn how to use it and take right doses. It's not a controlled substance and it is easy to get. And because it is medicine, "an antidepressant", doing it does not even feel like you would be using a drug. I have been doing it too much lately, so today I flushed all my Wellbutrin tablets down from a toilet. In any case, bupropion is somewhat recreational, but you should be aware of things I have presented here.
Old 29-12-2012, 14:38
Silver Member

Male from United States
seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.
Points: 1,361, Level: 5 Points: 1,361, Level: 5 Points: 1,361, Level: 5
Activity: 10.0% Activity: 10.0% Activity: 10.0%

I tried it once and it was like a coffee/nicotine level stimulant buzz for a good 6 hours or more, but nowhere nearly as useful as real amphetamine. Half-life of 20 hours guarantees a quick tolerance buildup, so if taken every day I bet you wouldn't get any buzz.
Old 29-12-2012, 15:15

Male from Canada
420kush420 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
If you use it orally at a dose of around 450-600 mg your vision starts to change a bit, colours get a bit more vibrant, you feel lighter, and you seem to "connect" to people when you look at them. But if you take any higher than 600 mg(I once did about 900) you can start feeling depressed and anxious.

Snorted at a dose of 150 mg I get a short burst of energy and euphoria as well as colours being more vibrant. Snorted I would recommend waiting 30 minutes or more in between doses.

420kush420 added 4 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Something else I forgot to mention is that when I snort Wellbutrin I get a very bloody nose, for me its about 10 minutes of blood constantly coming out of my nose.

Last edited by 420kush420; 29-12-2012 at 15:15. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29-12-2012, 15:40
Silver Member

Male from United States
seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.
Points: 1,361, Level: 5 Points: 1,361, Level: 5 Points: 1,361, Level: 5
Activity: 10.0% Activity: 10.0% Activity: 10.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420kush420 View Post
If you use it orally at a dose of around 450-600 mg your vision starts to change a bit, colours get a bit more vibrant, you feel lighter, and you seem to "connect" to people when you look at them. But if you take any higher than 600 mg(I once did about 900) you can start feeling depressed and anxious.

Snorted at a dose of 150 mg I get a short burst of energy and euphoria as well as colours being more vibrant. Snorted I would recommend waiting 30 minutes or more in between doses.

420kush420 added 4 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Something else I forgot to mention is that when I snort Wellbutrin I get a very bloody nose, for me its about 10 minutes of blood constantly coming out of my nose.
Even a bit of a nose bleed after a night of snorting something legitimate like amphetamine or cocaine means you need to slow down/stop snorting for awhile or you'll destroy your nose. 10 minutes of constant blood sounds like you're doing catastrophic damage to your nose and naval cavity, totally not worth it for such a weak high.

Snorting wellbutrin is also known to cause seizures.
Old 29-12-2012, 23:05

Male from United States
hipgramps should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

take the coating off piils!!

useless one liner, you have been a member for two years and should know this by now
Old 30-12-2012, 05:28
Silver Member

Male from Sweden

So here is a quick guide how to misuse Wellbutrin (bupropion / amfebutamone)

1. Split the tablet in half.
2. Remove shells.
3. Crush the tablet in to a powder.
4. Make a line (50-150 mg).
5. Snort.
6. Optional: take nasal spray few minutes after snorting

DrugDoctor added 201 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

I wrote here a more comprehensive overview of this subject:

DrugDoctor added 1 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

I wrote here a more comprehensive overview of this subject: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=202653

Good info and directions on misuse.

Last edited by DrugDoctor; 30-12-2012 at 05:28. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-01-2013, 22:55

Dmitri24 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1

I noticed one thing people failed mention, its small and doesn't really matter, but when you snort it, you get a NASTY tasty drip, at least in my opinion, so be prepared with something to drink to wash the taste down lol.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:52
Silver Member

Male from Sweden

For amphetamine users I have a good tip: bupropion extends duration of amphetamine high. By taking ~300 mg (just remember to crush the tablets first, this won't work if they are in their XL/SR form) when the amphetamine is starting to come down, it is possible to extend the high with 1,5-4 hours.

This has just been my experience, but probably will work for other too.
Old 06-01-2013, 16:16
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.Boltzmann really adds to the discussion.
Points: 989, Level: 4 Points: 989, Level: 4 Points: 989, Level: 4
Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugDoctor View Post
For amphetamine users I have a good tip: bupropion extends duration of amphetamine high. By taking ~300 mg (just remember to crush the tablets first, this won't work if they are in their XL/SR form) when the amphetamine is starting to come down, it is possible to extend the high with 1,5-4 hours.

This has just been my experience, but probably will work for other too.
I haven't tried this, but I can say, for sure, that it acts very synergistically with caffeine, and I've been told that it's generally true for stimulants. (Although risky...) The whole is stronger than the sum of the parts.

Last edited by Boltzmann; 06-01-2013 at 16:47.
Old 06-01-2013, 18:31
Silver Member

Male from Sweden

Quote:
I haven't tried this, but I can say, for sure, that it acts very synergistically with caffeine, and I've been told that it's generally true for stimulants. (Although risky...) The whole is stronger than the sum of the parts.
You are right. Drinking coffee after taking bupropion clears toughts that are jammed by it's anticholinergic effect.
Old 27-01-2013, 22:43
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
Pterodactyl is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1

I must say, I have to completely and unequivocally advise against using Wellbutrin recreationally. Wellbutrin has worked wonderfully for me for depression (300XR). The high is not worth it at all. After doing a bunch I always had an extremely deep feeling of dysphoria/depression. I tried it numerous times and achieved the same results. Besides that, it really affecting my nose and sometimes the outside skin would peel, but that's probably the XR fillers. Especially if you're actually using it for depression, don't do it. It will aggravate it.

If someone really feels the urge to get high, then they would be much better off finding a better drug.
Old 22-02-2013, 05:22
Silver Member

Male from Earth
testodan is on the way uptestodan is on the way uptestodan is on the way up

Just read this thread as well as see this.
Taking bupropion along with other stimulants and/or substances lower seizure threshold is very dangerous as bupropion does this prominently.Tramadol does this also, these two drugs have been reported for that and share the same nasty side effect, which is more than just a 'side effect'.
Old 22-02-2013, 10:47
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.
Points: 1,174, Level: 5 Points: 1,174, Level: 5 Points: 1,174, Level: 5
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

Interesting people find it euphoric at all, I was prescribed Wellbutrin for seasonal depression and while it worked fine for this and increased focus, high doses actually increased anxiety and really felt like just an intoxicating dose of caffeine that makes you feel uncomfortable. Does snorting it really make a difference?

If so what is the mechanism that causes such effects? Higher absorption? Wellbutrin does have a poor oral availability @ only 5 to 20% but this testing hasn't been done in humans.

Personally, in my experience, its not much of a drug of abuse and actually seems to induce aggitation and anxiety in higher oral doses (600).

Share this on:

Tags
bupropion, wellbutrin