Register Tags

Notices

Old 17-12-2012, 13:58

20 y/o Male from United States
Mikey30507 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
How much Tramadol to get high?

The title says it all, how many tramadol is needed for my oyster to get high? Whats the most he can do without having a chance for a seizure? Hes a first timer hes 5'7, he weighs 158, should he do it on an empty stomach? Will he be comfortable eating when hes high off tramadol? The only opiate hes done before is Codeine and that was a while back. He only plans to do this once. His family or himself do not have any issues with a seizure. Tips and advice will be appreciated and he will be taking it orally.
Old 17-12-2012, 14:14
Silver Member

Male from United States
Rob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline Medline
Points: 5,010, Level: 10 Points: 5,010, Level: 10 Points: 5,010, Level: 10
Activity: 18.0% Activity: 18.0% Activity: 18.0%
Re: How much Tramadol to get high?

There is no real high when it comes to Tramadol, and 300mg is about the threshold for dosage before seizures begin to happen, AFAIK. This is not something you can get a real buzz on; although addiction can occur with a few users given time.
Old 17-12-2012, 14:48
Titanium Member

23 y/o Male from USA - Arkansas
PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.
Points: 4,486, Level: 9 Points: 4,486, Level: 9 Points: 4,486, Level: 9
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%

I know many people who get high on tramadol. 300mg is probably a good spot to not go over, although anything over 400mg is when the risk goes up way more.

I have heard of someone who got high off of 50mg. So start with that or 100 and wait for about 30 minutes and take some more as needed. No need to pop a bunch of them to start out with because you can always re-dose.

Be safe.
Old 17-12-2012, 15:14

Thanks, I doubt he will even exceed 200mg. he has them in 50mg and he'll start off with that. And is it noticeable around people? When he takes xanax bars he gets social idk if that has anything to do with this but im throwing it out there. And sorry for the bad spelling and grammar im on my phone.

Mikey30507 added 15 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Also, how long does this last? His personality is usually quiet and mellow, will he be talkative?

Mikey30507 added 1 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Also, how long does this last? His personality is usually quiet and mellow, will he be talkative?

Last edited by Mikey30507; 17-12-2012 at 15:14. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 17-12-2012, 15:17
R.I.P.

Male from USA - Ohio
mr sic is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 125, Level: 1 Points: 125, Level: 1 Points: 125, Level: 1
Activity: 24.8% Activity: 24.8% Activity: 24.8%

Tramadols a weird one some people love it, it doesnt do anything to others. I had a friend who would only use dope if he couldnt get tramadol, that didnt last too long but I found it strange. My mom recently had a tooth ache so I gave her 200 mgs. and she was wasted, so yeah 200 might work dont go above 400mg thats the max per day. Also I found grapefruit juice helps get you goin with the tramadol, so that might be something if your not feeling anything after 300mgs.

As far as being able to eat, shouldnt be a problem, although I have seen some people get a little sic to the stomach.
As far as people noticing, since it can effect different people differently its kinda hard to say but more than likely no.
As far as talkative it could help, but again everyone is different
It shouldn't last more than 4 hrs to 6 hrs.
Old 17-12-2012, 15:25
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

In jail/the psych ward, I took 100 mg at a time on a few occasions and got a pretty nice buzz (been away from opiates for a long time though). The other day I got a bunch and took 10 and got a decent buzz, then took 15 and my body started flushing really, really hot, I had bad ringing in my ears, and my whole body shook off and on for like 30 minutes. I thought I was going to have a seizure. I ended up eating a bunch of temazepam and clonazepam and fell asleep but totally runied the experience. I'm not a very responsible drug user but I can assure yall I'm never taking more than 10 at one time. You can't get very high off this drug anyway. The difference between eating 5 and 10 isn't really noticable. You feel a little happy and energetic for a couple hours then you just get tired. It's not a "real" opiate and I don't just mean that on a chemical level.

Take 2 or 3 and see how you feel but don't just keep eating them thinking you'll get higher because you won't. If all you've ever done is codeine, you probably will get a buzz of a few tramadol.

As far as effects on your personality, there's no telling.

I just want to personally warn against eating handfuls of these pills because they are dangerous.
Old 17-12-2012, 16:45

I read about drugs before doing them and im pretty responsible, is tramadol stronger than codeine? I drank the codeine syrup.
Old 17-12-2012, 17:31
Policy, Various & Reviews
Co-Moderator

49 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Mindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,113, Level: 12 Points: 7,113, Level: 12 Points: 7,113, Level: 12
Activity: 10.9% Activity: 10.9% Activity: 10.9%

How much codeine was that Mikey? My experience is that codeine and tramadol have roughly similar subjective effects, especially as our talented livers metabolize codeine into morphine, or metabolize tramadol into O-Desmethyltramadol. I'm not sure if I can give an equivalent dose as they are different drugs and one (tramadol) has additional serotonergic activity. The highest dose of codeine I can comfortably tolerate is 60mg. As a rule of thumb I'm told that this would be roughly equivalent to 5 or 6mg of the codeine metabolite Morphine. I have been able to manage 5mg of morphine sulphate. Both codeine and morphine have a more intense effect on me than tramadol in terms of dreamy nods and heavy sedation.

I never take more than 100mg of tramadol and have a pleasant time, with a gently fuzzy dreamy state of mind and no sense of sedation. I have seen others enjoy as little as 50mg. I use around twice weekly without needing to escalate dosage. I find the effects are subtle, it took a while to appreciate how good this substance can feel at relatively low doses. More than 200mg would result in nausea and prolonged vomiting in my case.

The effects of tramadol on seizure threshold will vary among individuals, some medications can lower seizure threshold, while those with pre-existing conditions might be more at risk. The maximum daily dose guidelines generally recommend up to 400mg in divided doses, although higher doses can be given postoperatively. It is wise not to exceed recommended doses, but this does not exclude the possibility of seizure, although such events do often seem to be dose-dependent. Opioid analgesia also present a risk of coma in those with hepatic (liver) impairment (British National Formulary November 2012).

Here's a link to the Tramadol Wiki and another to the Tramadol Experiences thread.

Last edited by Mindless; 17-12-2012 at 19:03. Reason: unfinished
Old 17-12-2012, 18:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindless View Post
How much codeine was that Mikey? My experience is that codeine and tramadol have roughly similar subjective effects, especially as our talented livers metabolize codeine into morphine. I'm not sure if I can give an equivalent dose as they are different drugs and one (tramadol) has additional serotonergic activity. The highest dose of codeine I can comfortably tolerate is 60mg. As a rule of thumb I'm told that this would be roughly equivalent to 5 or 6mg of the codeine metabolite Morphine. I have been able to manage 5mg of morphine sulphate. Both codeine and morphine have a more intense effect on me than tramadol in terms of dreamy nods and heavy sedation.

I never take more than 100mg of tramadol and have a pleasant time, with a gently fuzzy dreamy state of mind and no sense of sedation. I have seen others enjoy as little as 50mg. I use around twice weekly without needing to escalate dosage. I find the effects are subtle, it took a while to appreciate how good this substance can feel at relatively low doses. More than 200mg would result in nausea and prolonged vomiting in my case.

The effects of tramadol on seizure threshold will vary among individuals, some medications can lower seizure threshold, while those with pre-existing conditions might be more at risk. The maximum dose guidelines do not exclude the possibility of seizure, although such events do often seem to be dose-dependent.
I'm not really sure how much codeine it was but I believe it was more or less an ounce or so? I just got home and took 50mg of Tramadol, currently waiting till about 1:30 eastern time to see if I get any effect, if not I'll take another 50mg and so on until I hit 200mg and I'll just quit there.

Mikey30507 added 1 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Also what do you guys tend to do for fun when high off this drug? If you watch a movie, which ones? Music? What songs? Anything interesting in particular that you find enjoyable?

Last edited by Mikey30507; 17-12-2012 at 18:01. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 17-12-2012, 18:39
Co-Moderator

Mindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey30507 View Post
I'm not really sure how much codeine it was but I believe it was more or less an ounce or so? I just got home and took 50mg of Tramadol, currently waiting till about 1:30 eastern time to see if I get any effect, if not I'll take another 50mg and so on until I hit 200mg and I'll just quit there.
It does take an hour or two for the liver to convert codeine into it's active metabolite morphine. I am a bit concerned that you don't know how much codeine you have had. It is possible to overdose or take a fatal dose of codeine. This risk would increase if another opioid is added. The bottle should say how many mg per given amount of volume (as in say 1mg/ml in metric). One Fluid Ounce is roughly equal to 28 Millilitres. If the syrup you took contains 1mg/ml then the dose would be a total of 28mg. These are just examples as I don't know the dose per millilitre.

It would be good to hear how much you have taken, just in case. Opiate naive users such as myself often require as little as 30mg of codeine. Bear in mind that it takes time to catch a buzz from codeine, it is the patient opiate user's morphine. It's quite easy to re-dose too frequently, then suddenly feel very sick or worse. I hope you have a good experience, please let us know how it's going.

Last edited by Mindless; 17-12-2012 at 19:31. Reason: new comment
Old 17-12-2012, 19:07

Quote:
It does take an hour or two for the liver to convert codeine into it's active metabolite morphine. I am a bit concerned that you don't know how much codeine you have had. It is possible to overdose or take a fatal dose of codeine. This risk would increase if another opioid is added. The bottle should say how many mg per given amount of volume (as in say 1mg/ml in metric). It would be good to hear how much you have taken, just in case.
I can't quite remember how much it was but I know FOR SURE it was not a fatal amount or even enough to overdose at that.
Old 17-12-2012, 19:39
Co-Moderator

Good to hear, I hope you have fun. Its best to keep an idea of dose over the last 24 hours with many drugs, that way you can gradually work out the most effective and least problematic dose. Some like to use antihistamines such as promethazine in combination with codeine, since it seems to potentiate sedative effects as well as reducing itches. Not knowing how much codeine you've taken could increase the risk of overdose and less alarming effects such as nausea. Keeping an eye on dosage is useful and reduces risks. Since your dose is unknown I would be particularly reluctant to recommend use of tramadol.

Last edited by Mindless; 17-12-2012 at 19:46. Reason: new comment
Old 17-12-2012, 19:51

Quote:
Good to hear, I hope you have fun. Its best to keep an idea of dose over the last 24 hours with many drugs, that way you can gradually work out the most effective and least problematic dose. Some like to use antihistamines such as promethazine in combination with codeine, since it seems to potentiate sedative effects as well as reducing itches. Not knowing how much codeine you've taken could increase the risk of overdose and less alarming effects such as nausea. Keeping an eye on dosage is useful and reduces risks. Since your dose is unknown I would be particularly reluctant to recommend use of tramadol.
Well I took one at 12:45, felt nothing, took another at about 1:50, still nothing, and I just took another at 2:50. If I don't feel anything I'll just start off with three tomorrow and just work up from there, or is that a bad idea?
Old 18-12-2012, 06:12
Silver Member

Male from United States
Rob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline Medline

Must be something wrong with me - all this drug does is relieve very minor pain for a few hours; no opiate feeling, no anti-depressant effect, nada. But then, I've noticed in the past that I only got a slight "buzz" off 15mg hydrocodone (2 Vicodin ES) when they were prescribed to me, even though I don't abuse opiates. Frankly, it seems like I only feel stuff of of things like 20mg Oxycontin and up (which I don't see these days nor really want).
Old 18-12-2012, 06:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Cypher View Post
Must be something wrong with me - all this drug does is relieve very minor pain for a few hours; no opiate feeling, no anti-depressant effect, nada. But then, I've noticed in the past that I only got a slight "buzz" off 15mg hydrocodone (2 Vicodin ES) when they were prescribed to me, even though I don't abuse opiates. Frankly, it seems like I only feel stuff of of things like 20mg Oxycontin and up (which I don't see these days nor really want).
Maybe you're a bit larger than the average person. Or maybe you do other drugs that can raise ypur tolerance, could be anything. And the only thing that taking 3 prelude gave me was a small buzz that made me feel lethargic and sleepy, i doubt it was even the pill though.

Mikey30507 added 1 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

Your*
Pills* not prelude.
Sorry Im on a cell phone.

Last edited by Mikey30507; 18-12-2012 at 06:30. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 18-12-2012, 11:49
Silver Member

Male from United States

My BMI is 22, which is well within average (almost on the skinny side, actually). And admittedly, I've had exposure in the past to much stronger opiates but that was a long time ago; tramadol is all I've had known for pain meds for the past 3 years. I don't even take it every day; seems good to alternate on a day by day thing with ibuprofen. I'm not saying they're utter shit but your expectations should be real low on this one, even lower than codeine. Just from my experience.
Old 18-12-2012, 18:21
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

37 y/o Male from Portugal
mota16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

In my friends country, they use Tramadol or Paxilfar to Withdrawals from H . You can´t get high from that. And then, tou will be withdrawling from that.

Post Quality Evaluations:
You CAN get high from it - Don't post false information
Old 18-12-2012, 20:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Cypher View Post
My BMI is 22, which is well within average (almost on the skinny side, actually). And admittedly, I've had exposure in the past to much stronger opiates but that was a long time ago; tramadol is all I've had known for pain meds for the past 3 years. I don't even take it every day; seems good to alternate on a day by day thing with ibuprofen. I'm not saying they're utter shit but your expectations should be real low on this one, even lower than codeine. Just from my experience.
I just took four, i have a nice buzz happening. And you're right there's nothing special about Tramadol, codeine was much more enjoyable. the only plus side is that I get these for free. But i wont be doing them much. Do you know how much you have to do in order to gain a dependency on them?
Old 27-12-2012, 05:28

22 y/o Male from United States
Cloudrider is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

As far as getting a buzz off of tramadol 200mg seems to be the magic number for me, any higher and I feel more unwanted side effets intensify but not the high
Old 30-05-2013, 07:39
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from Netherlands
DSB100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

as far as getting high my pet cat took 500mg but she has a high tolerance best not to exceed 400mg
Old 05-06-2013, 08:59

20 y/o Female from United States
RainJane needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1

Just take 150 mg, then as soon as you feel a bit different, smoke some weed. I promise it will be the best day of your life lmao.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:24
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

56 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Burgersoft777 is captain of the psychonauts.Burgersoft777 is captain of the psychonauts.
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey30507 View Post
I'm not really sure how much codeine it was but I believe it was more or less an ounce or so?
Do you mean a fluid ounce of syrup ? As an ounce of codeine would most likely kill you dead. Effective doses start at 40mg or less, although after 30yrs of using it almost daily I can tolerate 500mg or more.
Old 05-06-2013, 19:48
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from United States
jojo653 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

You won't get high on tramadol. That's why they were created. But they work wonders for WD.

Very inaccurate information - It is possible to get high on Tramadol - Please do not post false information
Old 05-06-2013, 20:34
Silver Member

Male from USA - New York
babalooj is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1
Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6%

That is very untrue, tramadol can get a person very high.
It obviously works better if you have no opiate tolerance, because it is very weak, i would say 200 mg is about the same as 20 mg of hydrocodone. Which isn't much, but is quite enough for one without an opioid tolerance. And you are limited to small doses, due to the whole seizure thing.
When i had a very low opioid tolerance, i had great highs from tramadol, but i wouldn't dream of it now, as i would probably need about 600 milligrams.

Also, it seems to be the individual person's metabolism that dictates how high they get. I seem to metabolize tramadol into more o-desmethyltramadol (I guess) than others

For pointing out that Tramadol CAN get you high
Old 05-06-2013, 21:05

20 y/o Female from United States
RainJane needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

I'm telling ya'll! Smoke the jane with it, and I promise Tramadol will give you the BEST high ever. Very nice afterglow too.

don't double post, you said this same thing all of ten hours ago in this very thread.

Share this on:

Tags
dose advice, tramadol, tramadol effects, ultram