Register Tags

Notices

Old 12-12-2012, 22:58

23 y/o Male from United States
Legion666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%
IM Injection of fentanyl gel

SWIM has over 8 years of daily opiate use and over 3 years of heroin and fentanyl use so his tolerance is pretty high. He can IV half grams of heroin and put all the gel from a 100mcg fentanyl patch on his gums and be just fine. In fact even those amounts only slightly makes him nod. He usually has to combine them to get a nice nod. Anyways has anyone here done an IM injection of fentanyl with success? He doesn't want to IV it as he is well aware of the dangers of that even with a tolerance. Plus the plunger to his rig is broke so he can't draw back to register anyways. So he is debating an IM injection. Any tips, advice, and experiences with this are appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-12-2012, 23:16
Titanium Member

41 y/o Female from United States
Frmrjunkie probably knows what they are talking about.Frmrjunkie probably knows what they are talking about.Frmrjunkie probably knows what they are talking about.Frmrjunkie probably knows what they are talking about.Frmrjunkie probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 858, Level: 4 Points: 858, Level: 4 Points: 858, Level: 4
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: IM Injection of fentanyl gel

You're looking for trouble here...
Please don't inject that gel into your body! Most likely, it will cause a nasty abcess.
Here's a thread I found; maybe it will help you.
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=200161
Old 12-12-2012, 23:24

Correct me if I'm wrong, but abscesses don't happen all that often. Swim has done IM's of heroin, suboxone, hydromorphone, and others many many times without any abscess ever forming. Also has missed many shots without any abscess forming. So I don't see how that will most likely happen.
Old 12-12-2012, 23:32
Titanium Member

41 y/o Female from United States
Frmrjunkie probably knows what they are talking about.Frmrjunkie probably knows what they are talking about.Frmrjunkie probably knows what they are talking about.Frmrjunkie probably knows what they are talking about.Frmrjunkie probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 858, Level: 4 Points: 858, Level: 4 Points: 858, Level: 4

Just because it hasn't happened in the past doesn't mean it won't. Fentanyl patches are meant for transdermal transmission. Read the thread for 1st hand report on what you asked.

Also PLEASE DON'T USE SWIM The DF powers that be respectfully request that it not be used...
Old 12-12-2012, 23:46
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,275, Level: 20 Points: 19,275, Level: 20 Points: 19,275, Level: 20
Activity: 60.0% Activity: 60.0% Activity: 60.0%

there is absolutely no safe way to dose this drug for injections. Absolutely not. Please don't attempt, the chances of OD are astronomical. That and the abscess risk is very much real.
Old 13-12-2012, 02:01
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7

i agree that there is no easy tried and true way do safely inject fentanyl, IM or IV.

that being said i have injected fentanyl gel once, it was with a person who i knew well enough to basically entrust my life with. he dosed me, i have no way to know how much. when he prepped the shot he insisted that you have to add vinegar for it to work, i didn't think so but i was dopesick and the guy was giving me the shot for free so i didn't want to argue but i dont think the vinegar is necessary.

if you are going through with this what i would do is do A LOT of research, find out what fentanyl's bioavailability is when put in cheek (the way you ingest it) and take into account when you IM it the bioavailability will be 100%. so lets say when taken by mouth the bio is 70 percent, that would mean to have the same amount of fentanyl in your system from an IM shot safely you would inject 3/10s less fentanyl gel than you typically put in your mouth.

again i dont think you should. the danger of overdose aside it sounds like the needle your using is new or even semi new. using a used rig is going to make your chances of an abscess are going to be much much higher.
Old 13-12-2012, 17:58

Thanks for all the advice. And I remember now it wasn't swim, it was my pet, Big Bum Bobby =) lol. He didn't end up trying it, he just used it the way he usually does. He tells me however, he might mix up a whole patch together, and then measure it while its in liquid form, that way it can be measured accurately. Because he knows that there is no telling how much fent is in each bit of gel. So if he knows how much is in all of the gel, he can turn it into a liquid and measure correctly. He tells me he just wants more uses out of one patch, instead of it only lasting him one dose. And his rig isn't super old, sometimes (but rarely) the plunger breaks with just a couple uses.
Old 14-12-2012, 16:48
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,275, Level: 20 Points: 19,275, Level: 20 Points: 19,275, Level: 20
Activity: 60.0% Activity: 60.0% Activity: 60.0%

when dealing with a drug lethal in micrograms, you are playing with fire. Unless you have some high end lab-glass, you can not ensure you have the right amount of water.

You need to drop this idea before you end up dead. There is no justifiable reason to risk your life for a buzz.
Old 14-12-2012, 17:19
Silver Member

33 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Insomniacsdream is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2
Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frmrjunkie View Post
Also PLEASE DON'T USE SWIM The DF powers that be respectfully request that it not be used...
Am I the only one who gets the irony in this?

Anyways back on topic you seem to be heavily using short acting opiate-oids. I would get some professional help - not to tell you how to live your life because I have never been in remotely as deep as you but longer lasting drugs may not get you as 'fucked' per se but I am presuming you are beyond that anyway. Gumming a whole 100mcg/h fentanyl patch would kill most people, I wouldn't be looking for ways of going deeper. I only have very limited experience of opiates - Subs are a walk in the park to withdraw from compared to heroin although I have never had a BAD problem with either. Benzos were my DOC and short acting ones such as Xanax are far more dangerous and addicting then the longer lasting Valium Phenaz ect.

Point I'm trying to make is you would probably get just as much relief from high dose Methadone and might at least be able to stabilize without constantly upping the dose.
Old 15-12-2012, 21:53
Banned

32 y/o Male from Canada
PharmaCycle is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%

The recent explosion of recreational Fentanyl use is unbelievable in my region. Kids are smoking and gumming fent patches and are dropping dead because their tolerance goes up to extreme levels so fast that they end up using obscene doses in ever more potent delivery methods. I've been on prescribed fentanyl for over 5 years and recently,when I wanted to start tapering down my doc and I tried to use Onsolis (instant release fentanyl that is applied in the mouth between gum and cheek) to deal with breakthrough pain and w/d. We started at 50mcg seeing as I was using one 75mcg/hr patch a day transdermal. The result was a huge increase in my tolerance to the drug and we stopped after a week and switched to IR Morphine Sulfate. Fentanyl is at the very top of the opiod drug chain. It's the strongest opiod / anesthetic available.

I don't preach to anyone and God knows I'm no angel when it comes to this stuff but I feel it is important that I post this because I hope maybe someone will read this and think twice about abusing fentanyl in extreme ways. Injecting fentanyl can mean instant death as it can paralyze your respiratory system. By the time help arrives it could be too late. I I know some have injected fentanyl and have lived to tell the tale but that doesn't mean it's not an instant death sentence to someone else. People can have extreme tolerances to heroin, morphine, oxy and other opiates and opiods but that tolerance does not necessarily apply to fentanyl. It's a totally different drug.

Please be very careful with fentanyl and be sure to have a trusted friend with you should you decide to use the drug in a recreational fashion.

Post Quality Evaluations:
well said! hopefully someone can make people understand just how dangerous fetanyl can be!
very valid point about opiate tolerance not translating to fentanyl tolerance, when a opiate user first tries fentanyl all past experience/tolerance should be disregarded
Old 07-08-2013, 19:50

I have since started IVing the patches. I have done whole 25mcg/ph. patches and was fine, completely high, but fine. I had a trusted source show me a few tricks to it. And yes it requires vinegar. And I'm also thinking of going on methadone soon. A life of abusing opiates with a very high tolerance is a lot of work and money. I honestly can't afford it no more. So I'm thinking methadone. And just because I can do whole patches, doesn't mean other people can. So people thinking about doing it should honestly just leave it alone and gum the patch.
Old 08-08-2013, 20:58

Male from United States
801eyecandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion666 View Post
SWIM has over 8 years of daily opiate use and over 3 years of heroin and fentanyl use so his tolerance is pretty high. He can IV half grams of heroin and put all the gel from a 100mcg fentanyl patch on his gums and be just fine. In fact even those amounts only slightly makes him nod. He usually has to combine them to get a nice nod. Anyways has anyone here done an IM injection of fentanyl with success? He doesn't want to IV it as he is well aware of the dangers of that even with a tolerance. Plus the plunger to his rig is broke so he can't draw back to register anyways. So he is debating an IM injection. Any tips, advice, and experiences with this are appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Don't do it bro! All the alcholhol ub the patch hurts like hell. The best way to use fent is to inhale with heat.

Post Quality Evaluations:
please look over your posts before posting, basic spelling is helpful. Be more descriptive "inhale with heat" isn't really explaining much.
Old 25-10-2013, 06:24
Silver Member

Male from United States
raronhia is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

injecting Fentanyl by IM feels like someone punched you real hard but goes away. they do have injectable ones but to use the gel is I don't think you would get the same affect for getting high its not made for that and I would think it would take to long to absorb into the body fully. If you already have opiates in your system you may no get the high your looking for. but who knows just be save and if you must let us know. be safe

Share this on:

Tags
fentanyl