Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug testing
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug testing What can you do against drug testing & more...

Old 04-12-2012, 14:52
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
SpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline Medline
Points: 3,395, Level: 8 Points: 3,395, Level: 8 Points: 3,395, Level: 8
Activity: 6.7% Activity: 6.7% Activity: 6.7%
So, I am a bit overweight and had one hit of the most dank bud... now what?

So I am randomly drug tested at work as many of you know. The tests are all GC/MS confirmed with 10ng/mL as the threshold for the confirmation. The assay is 20ng/mL for threshold. For those of you who know drug testing: this is extremely low and deliberately discriminatory for pot smokers. It is best not to do it in general. That was what I originally had in mind for myself. I just didn't smoke it. It was a good policy and kept me safe.

Well, then enters the good friend of mine with some premium bud. I mean some amazing, amazing smelling stuff. The trichromes and everything was magnificent. I was shocked to see what I was seeing.

The moment took over me. I took a hit. A solid hit and nothing more than that.

Well, so now I am faced with the fact that I have random drug tests, and I am just trying to gain my liability here. I am not going to beat around the bush on the fact that I am not the skinniest man, but I am not obese. I am somewhere in the better looking middle. This is not a great place to be due to the fact of THC binding to fat. Based on the quality of the cannabis: the THC is definitely going to be there, doing what they always do, which is binding to my fat. The one hit sustained a solid, strong three hour high, and I was just floored by that. It was... nice... then it dawned on me that something that works like that will leave you pissing unclean.

So I am relatively concerned and want some opinions. I haven't smoked in months. Usually if I do, it is one hit on a Friday or with time off of work where I can't be pulled. This protects me and buffers me from the problematic. This time I smoked on a Monday night and have four more business days before the gracious weekend gives me two more days to be able to clear this. How many days do you think a high sensitivity test will have me "in trouble?" It is probably best that I don't do that again, but you have to understand... I know good bud... and back when I could smoke, I couldn't just pass it up... but when you see something that tops what you have seen before, it is even harder not to.

So I messed up obviously, so don't berate me knowing that fact. There is no assurance I will have a test, but if I do run the risk of a random, what is my timeline. Some people claim pot flies out of your system from one toke, but let's be realistic: this wasn't dirt schwag. This was something that could fry Willie Nelson for all intents and purposes.
Old 04-12-2012, 15:05
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,333, Level: 12 Points: 7,333, Level: 12 Points: 7,333, Level: 12
Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5%
Re: So, I am a bit overweight and had one hit of the most dank bud... now what?

First I want to do a hypocritical five paragraph essay on why you shouldn't do what you know you shouldn't do......yeah right.

Anyways, although having more weight than say me (cause I am skinny) and that can play into it, if you flush your system (I know marijuana is not water soluble) I don't see you having a problem in about a week to week and a half.

As far as the next four days........you must have just came down with a very bad flu, the kind that costs you four days of work because it was some expensive marijuana after all.

I guess if there is some wonder product, maybe........I have never come across the miracle product that cleans marijuana out of the system in four days and there is nothing natural I know of that can do this either.

I hope you get well from your four day sickness, and good luck.
Old 04-12-2012, 15:13
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
SpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline Medline

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdofbeingtrd View Post
First I want to do a hypocritical five paragraph essay on why you shouldn't do what you know you shouldn't do......yeah right.

Anyways, although having more weight than say me (cause I am skinny) and that can play into it, if you flush your system (I know marijuana is not water soluble) I don't see you having a problem in about a week to week and a half.

As far as the next four days........you must have just came down with a very bad flu, the kind that costs you four days of work because it was some expensive marijuana after all.

I guess if there is some wonder product, maybe........I have never come across the miracle product that cleans marijuana out of the system in four days and there is nothing natural I know of that can do this either.

I hope you get well from your four day sickness, and good luck.
Oh trdofbeingtrd, if only it could be as simple as that. If only I could do that. If only. That is the sorrow of working with someone you live with that is above you: they know when you are actually sick by coming home.

Lovely. So I think I will be fine. The probability is on my side of nothing bad coming of this. If something bad does happen in the next week, I know god hates me. It will be absolute evidence of that. At worst though, I do have a backup plan. It is a stupid one and very dangerous for my health, but dammit, it will make me look like I am sick and dying. The only advantage I have on my side is that I am IT at work: with that being said, all random notifications will clear through my email filters. I have literally got a way of "tipping myself off." As horrible as that is. If it happens, I can make an extremely brash move as mentioned above using liquid fat burning product. As stupid as that is, desperation leads you to do some stupid stuff. Amazing to think I have to just fuck with research chemicals and play with fire like this just because I can't smoke... a single... god damn... BOWL... Fuck, sometimes I hate this line of work.

The root of this harks back to something more fundamental: I need to quit drinking!

I was drunk and made this decision with very loose consideration of the consequences. This is what happens when you drink. I probably should start with the base of the problem and not have this happen again. Usually I am such a good boy when it comes to these things! Then I get drunk and start fucking up. When I sober up the next day, I start making threads like these.

*sighs*

Last edited by SpatialReason; 04-12-2012 at 15:25.
Old 04-12-2012, 15:30
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,333, Level: 12 Points: 7,333, Level: 12 Points: 7,333, Level: 12
Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5%

I get that you have a very good knowledge and understanding of a lot of things, but I don't think the liquid fat burner will do any good.

I mean, as long as you don't put yourself in literal grave danger, then yeah, I mean it can't hurt....I am just pretty sure that the fat that products like you are talking about are not designed to burn off the fat which has the THC. I mean yeah, fatty tissue is fatty tissue but I could have swore from what I remember that the THC will be more ........errrr.......inside fat than outside fat.

I could be wrong about all of this, stupid THC and my memory got into a fight for years and the memory lost. Anyways, like I said, if it don't literally kill you or bring you close to it, then you can always try the project. Random tests have nothing to do with God, if you get tested it's science that hates you and maybe that's because you didn't recite your holy chemical chart last night........PH is the watcher of humans after all.

Honestly, I think you should be good, random drug test means "don't act high or stupid", they can but usually don't test the workers on the top of their game.......unless they can't stop moving and talking.
Old 04-12-2012, 17:54
Palladium Member

Male from Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdofbeingtrd View Post
Honestly, I think you should be good, random drug test means "don't act high or stupid", they can but usually don't test the workers on the top of their game.......unless they can't stop moving and talking.
No, these are 100% random. Even the management gets them. The only people that don't: office girl, cleaning lady, and that is it. It has nothing to do with anyone except the customers that require it. It is like having a security clearance for industry work. You have to "do your due diligence."

Also you mentioned earlier the thing about the fat burner: that has nothing to do with fat or burning fat. You missed the point. That was in the event where they wanted me to go. I drink the whole thing, and it would wreck my stomach lining so hard that I would blow chunks and get violently ill (raises temps and BP) on purpose. As bad as this is (I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT TO YOU ALL), it is better than blowing chunks over hearing your termination notice.

Seriously, as stupid as that sounds, that is what madness our pot laws has created. There are people, like me, willing to do the most insane of shit just to be able to look like a normal/good employee. Isn't that wonderful?

Honestly, what I said above, I probably would not end up doing. If it was the case where I was pulled while pissing positive, I would just say fuck it and hand in my thirty days notice. There is no use hurting myself or admitting my fault.

SpatialReason added 6 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

You see why I am so damn frustrated. You can't live successfully and have a great job and still use drugs. It isn't by your own self-motivated decisions; it has nothing to do with drugs. It has to do with everyone else.

So I get to:
  • Take a shit job, live in an apartment, be broke, smoke pot all day, and just live that mediocre life like most people.
  • Have a good job, get drug tested, don't do anything, make money, and have the stuff you want. This isn't easy... trust me...
  • Continue to live in secret, flying under the radar, always stressed, and having to do dangerous and stupid "Plan Bs" just to get around this. Always trying to hide from "the man" in a state of sober paranoia.

This is my life. The last one. I can take the first or second choice readily. One is easier (#1) and the other will always be a rewarding struggle (#2).

I guess at age 22, this is indeed the point in life where you do make this decision. Who knows... maybe in the next 15 years, the shit will be legal and I can look back at this, laugh, and toke.

Last edited by SpatialReason; 04-12-2012 at 17:57. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-12-2012, 18:03
Silver Member

38 y/o Male from Earth
GoldGarden is a decent psychonaut.GoldGarden is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 638, Level: 3 Points: 638, Level: 3 Points: 638, Level: 3
Activity: 92.4% Activity: 92.4% Activity: 92.4%

I've been in a few places that had random drug testing. What they did was they made you get a drug test before hiring you.

Now, I don't know what to tell you, but I have known people to swear by this for years... If you drink a lot of green tea (at least 2 liters a day) then you won't show positive on the tests.

Now, I don't have any scientific evidence to back this up, and I couldn't find anything about it online. However, I would think there must be at least some slight resemblance to something that might be close to being true, as these bastards get stoned at least once or twice a week before coming into work, and in the time I was working with them (I don't anymore) they each had 1 random drug test, and nothing happened.

This tells me one of two things:

1. There has to be something to the green tea thing
2. They go through the motions of drug tests and really didn't give a shit about results...

I'm not really sure which of the two it would be.....

However, a shitload of green tea isn't going to do any harm, I drink a lot of it myself, and find it quite calming.
Old 04-12-2012, 18:29
Palladium Member

Male from Earth

I've settled on just drinking water, exercising, and sweating in a sauna for the next week. What is in me will come out. We will do this native American style: sweat the impurities out. My problem is that the stuff settles in the fat and burns out slower as it comes out of the body fat. I will figure out a way around this whole issue that is going to help me. I think losing weight, kicking my own ass into gear, and trying to do something productive with my time as a punishment for my misstep is probably better than trying to drink a bunch of detox potions and hoping for good things.

Frankly, it is the only way that has successfully made a different in my previous test scares. I am just getting tired of myself doing this same crap. This isn't the first time this has happened. I think it needs to be my last.

Or do something different...

Really, I think the madness needs to end. Either I sail a beautiful career off into the sunset and just sit in malaise and angst and smoke on something to make me forget how pathetic I have become, or I try to get the reigns of my own existence and try to see that there is something more to be gained by foregoing this.

Yes... drug tests aren't fair... my job does some crap that pisses me off... but do I really want to end up losing something that makes my life better for something that does nothing for my life except make it feel better? See my pivotal choices? There is more to this scenario than just drug tests. It tears me up. I have to leave this life of partying and stupid fun behind so I can become boring and well-off in the future.

What do you guys think? Is it really worth it?
(Yes, this is somewhat of a soapbox plea for advice and wisdom. Forget the drug test thing. I have answered that question. DRUG COURT PRACTITIONER Fact Sheet from NDCI.org has the following data: on a 20ng/mL EMIT assay, the infrequent users averaged 3.8 days for detectable periods. For me, I'd say 5 for not being perfectly in shape.)

There's an answer for anyone looking for one.

Last edited by SpatialReason; 04-12-2012 at 18:35.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:03
Silver Member

Male from United States
stevi is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 75, Level: 1 Points: 75, Level: 1 Points: 75, Level: 1
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

Is there any way to get a similar job in a medical marijuana state or a similar job where there is no testing or just a test to get hired? Using more dangerous but less testable substances to keep a job is an unfair position to be put in. Maybe there is another way to be profitable from doing what you are passionate about. If everyone would stop putting up with this kind of disrespect it could change, but that isn't really an option for a lot of people. Personally I wouldn't want to work for people that didn't respect who I am.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:45
Palladium Member

Male from Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevi View Post
Is there any way to get a similar job in a medical marijuana state or a similar job where there is no testing or just a test to get hired? Using more dangerous but less testable substances to keep a job is an unfair position to be put in. Maybe there is another way to be profitable from doing what you are passionate about. If everyone would stop putting up with this kind of disrespect it could change, but that isn't really an option for a lot of people. Personally I wouldn't want to work for people that didn't respect who I am.
My employer wouldn't care if everyone smoked pot. As long as they are sober, show up on time, and do their job right. Now the industry we work for: you better be as clean as possible.

Yeah, it is the customers that drive the agenda. Not us.

Share this on:

Tags
cannabis, cannabis drug test, drug tests, weed

» New Threads
Is it true you can use on top of...
Last post by hunter19877
5 Replies, 138 Views
Please explain again how this...
Last post by RainbowJunkieForever
14 Replies, 414 Views
It's all so fucking hard
Last post by babalooj