Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Oxycodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 02-12-2012, 23:11
Banned

Male from United States
thedude234 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Can you snort oxycodone thats with acetaminophen

Hi i have some oxycodone pills 5mg oxy 325 acetaminophen
i took two already but its bearely anything for me so i was thinking of snorting the last pill is it dangerous snorting something with acetaminophen ?
Old 03-12-2012, 01:15
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Ireland
Shleep On A Goat's Nipple really adds to the discussion.Shleep On A Goat's Nipple really adds to the discussion.Shleep On A Goat's Nipple really adds to the discussion.Shleep On A Goat's Nipple really adds to the discussion.Shleep On A Goat's Nipple really adds to the discussion.Shleep On A Goat's Nipple really adds to the discussion.
Re: Can you snort oxycodone thats with acetaminophen

The short answer is no.

Doing this is not especially dangerous, but definitely not good and could be considered as a waste of a pill.

Snorting drugs successfully relies on the passage of the drug through the mucous membranes inside the nose and after that it goes into the blood, then to the brain.
To make this passage a drug must be water-soluble.

Oxycodone is water soluble. Acetaminophen (aka paracetamol, or APAP for short) is not.
Pills also contain binders to hold it all together that are also non-water-soluble.

So, if you snort the pill the APAP won't be able to dissolve, will get stuck, and will give you a very unpleasant burning sensation. And, in all this mess of APAP and binders, it's likely that the oxycodone won't make it through very successfully.

Oxycodone has a very high oral bioavailability, so swallowing the tablets is one of the best ways to take it, short of injecting IV, which obviously you can't do with APAP pills. I know swallowing doesn't always give the rush you're probably looking for, but snorting APAP pills just .. sucks. It hurts and it doesn't work. The best thing would've been to have had a very empty stomach, and to have swallowed the 15mgs at once. At this point, just knocking the last one back is your best and safest bet, in my opinion of course.

Weed is an excellent and safe potentiator of oxycodone euphoria/pain relief. Just sayin'.

Hope this helps,
From Shleep x

Post Quality Evaluations:
great answer, makes several valid points
great info!
Old 03-12-2012, 01:18
Banned

Male from United States
thedude234 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shleep On A Goat's Nipple View Post
The short answer is no.

Doing this is not especially dangerous, but definitely not good and could be considered as a waste of a pill.

Snorting drugs successfully relies on the passage of the drug through the mucous membranes inside the nose and after that it goes into the blood, then to the brain.
To make this passage a drug must be water-soluble.

Oxycodone is water soluble. Acetaminophen (aka paracetamol, or APAP for short) is not.
Pills also contain binders to hold it all together that are also non-water-soluble.

So, if you snort the pill the APAP won't be able to dissolve, will get stuck, and will give you a very unpleasant burning sensation. And, in all this mess of APAP and binders, it's likely that the oxycodone won't make it through very successfully.

Oxycodone has a very high oral bioavailability, so swallowing the tablets is one of the best ways to take it, short of injecting IV, which obviously you can't do with APAP pills. I know swallowing doesn't always give the rush you're probably looking for, but snorting APAP pills just .. sucks. It hurts and it doesn't work. The best thing would've been to have had a very empty stomach, and to have swallowed the 15mgs at once. At this point, just knocking the last one back is your best and safest bet, in my opinion of course.

Weed is an excellent and safe potentiator of oxycodone euphoria/pain relief. Just sayin'.

Hope this helps,
From Shleep x
thanks yeah i usually smoke tree but i was dry this day and had some oxy
Old 03-12-2012, 02:16
Silver Member

Male from USA - New Jersey
JTC3889 is captain of the psychonauts.JTC3889 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 254, Level: 2 Points: 254, Level: 2 Points: 254, Level: 2
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

My aunt Rhodie says that you could remove the apap through a cold water extraction, then you can take more with less dangerous APAP and you just drink the remaining oxycodone in the water, of if you are very ambitious you can put the solution on a pyrex dish and evaporate and you will have oxy pure enough to sniff.
Hope that helps. (use the search engine if you dont know about cold water extractions (CWE) they are extremely easy to do)

Post Quality Evaluations:
good suggestion re CWE
Old 04-12-2012, 06:35
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
cockney is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 125, Level: 1 Points: 125, Level: 1 Points: 125, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

This....please dont toot them. Its going to hurt, potentially cause damage, apap is a sharp little crystal, pretty insoluble in water so who knows what happens to any that would make it to your lungs and to be honest your better off swallowing them at that dose. You willl lose X % doing a cwe, i have seem 10-20% lost in a codeine cwe so that would be an awful lot of your already low doses.
While i'm not suggesting you take any prescription pills that are not yours or your friends, you can consume 1g of apap every four - six hours with a maximum of 4g in a day but a fairly healthy person wouldn't hurt themselves by going a little over that so theoretically someone could take three and be safe. But please remember the toxic levels of apap can start at around 7grams so don't get adventurous.
Personally i see apap as poison and refuse to ingest it. Whatever your or your friends decision, stay safe,
Old 04-12-2012, 09:46
Silver Member

Male from USA - New Jersey
JTC3889 is captain of the psychonauts.JTC3889 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 254, Level: 2 Points: 254, Level: 2 Points: 254, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockney View Post
This....please dont toot them. Its going to hurt, potentially cause damage, apap is a sharp little crystal, pretty insoluble in water so who knows what happens to any that would make it to your lungs and to be honest your better off swallowing them at that dose. You willl lose X % doing a cwe, i have seem 10-20% lost in a codeine cwe so that would be an awful lot of your already low doses.
While i'm not suggesting you take any prescription pills that are not yours or your friends, you can consume 1g of apap every four - six hours with a maximum of 4g in a day but a fairly healthy person wouldn't hurt themselves by going a little over that so theoretically someone could take three and be safe. But please remember the toxic levels of apap can start at around 7grams so don't get adventurous.
Personally i see apap as poison and refuse to ingest it. Whatever your or your friends decision, stay safe,
The daily amount of APAP maximum consumption has been recently changed to 3gs I'm 99% on this one.
Old 04-12-2012, 13:24
Titanium Member

42 y/o Male from Australia
out_there really knows their shit.out_there really knows their shit.out_there really knows their shit.out_there really knows their shit.out_there really knows their shit.out_there really knows their shit.out_there really knows their shit.out_there really knows their shit.out_there really knows their shit.
Points: 2,306, Level: 7 Points: 2,306, Level: 7 Points: 2,306, Level: 7
Activity: 4.1% Activity: 4.1% Activity: 4.1%

The maximum recommended dose of acetaminophen in Australia is 4 grams per day as the above person mentioned. This is strictly adhered to in hospitals. Ie 1 gram every 4-6hours. Definitely not worth the risk trying to insufflate.
Old 16-12-2012, 21:10
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
cockney is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 125, Level: 1 Points: 125, Level: 1 Points: 125, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Its Still 4g in the UK and as out_there said its strictly adhered to its not a substance to mess with. Yet here, 16 pills, enough to clipple your liver cost's less than a bad of crisps...
Old 16-12-2012, 23:18
Silver Member

Female from United States
Rhapsody is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

This explains as to why I've never felt percocet or lortabs when snorting. Burns like a bitch and still have that nasty taste in your mouth 2 hours later. I knew I wasn't feeling it but never knew why until now.

Share this on:

Tags
acetaminophen, acetaminophen with oxycodone, pain pills, pharmaceutical drugs, snorting oxycodone