Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 02-12-2012, 20:12

Female from Canada
sadisticate is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Does throwing up after snorting a hydromorph decrease your high?

hello everybody, i'm cate and this is my first post.
i have a question, i'm wondering if any of you know if throwing up within five minutes after snorting hydrmorph contin decreases your high at all. this is something i've often wondered about and it seems that most people i ask about it seem to think that it does not. it concerns me because i am prone to vomiting while on this.

thanks a lot for your time and feel free to message me if you'd like to.
Old 02-12-2012, 20:20
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,286, Level: 20 Points: 19,286, Level: 20 Points: 19,286, Level: 20
Activity: 59.3% Activity: 59.3% Activity: 59.3%
Re: Does throwing up after snorting a hydromorph decrease your high?

Probably shouldn't, but it's not going to be an easy to test hypothesis. One could take ginger or some other anti-nausea drug ahead of time, but opiates do tend to make you puke.

PLEASE be careful and don't try to hold it in to hard, if it needs to come out, have a bucket ready. I've aspirated vomit before trying to make it to a safe spot to puke and have come close to things getting REALLY ugly as a result. Buckets are a good thing.

Last edited by Phenoxide; 02-12-2012 at 21:36. Reason: troll issue resolved
Old 09-12-2012, 18:57
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

27 y/o Male from United States
N0rthrnCa707 is captain of the psychonauts.N0rthrnCa707 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 276, Level: 2 Points: 276, Level: 2 Points: 276, Level: 2
Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5%

When you snort pills, it drips into your stomach and produces a significant amount of the "high"you receive. Throwing it up will get more of the drug out of your system, so to answer your question, it would affect things.
Old 10-12-2012, 00:23

Male from United States
Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 578, Level: 3 Points: 578, Level: 3 Points: 578, Level: 3
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

^It's possible that only the insoluble binders are getting into your stomach, though.

It probably depends on the drug, and your snorting technique. Hydromorphone has lackluster nasal bioavailability (probably below 36%, which is the rectal BA) and oral BA is lower than that. So snorting a dilaudid could end up with some drug in the stomach, but it's the stuff you absorbed nasally that would be causing most of the effects.

Like Potter already said it's not really an easy hypothesis to test. Taking diphenhydramine (Benadryl) or another antihistamine could also decrease nausea, but with opiates sometimes it's best to just puke, especially if there is a chance some is absorbing through your stomach and your body is trying to eject it to avoid some extremely unpleasant effects (like an OD).

Plus you have to think about the psychological effects of throwing up while on drugs. Even if you aren't really getting all of the drugs out of your body by puking, you could experience some type of placebo come-down effect simply because you expect to be less high after throwing up. If you've thrown up while drinking or taking drugs orally (which could possibly abort your high) then you've essentially "learned" this is what will happen from throwing up, thereby giving you the expectation effect.

OP, your question seems so simple, but in reality it's not an easy answer at all.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:00

27 y/o Male from United States
N0rthrnCa707 is captain of the psychonauts.N0rthrnCa707 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 276, Level: 2 Points: 276, Level: 2 Points: 276, Level: 2
Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5%

You have good points, Cruz, and you do make sence. But when someone snorts a pill, everything is mixed and thats how it enters the nose. Although a lovely thought that our bodies naturally soak up the opiate then expelling the binders and fillers down to the gut to be digested as waste, I don't think that's how it happens. The powder doesn't usually stay in our nasal cavity long enough for everything beneficial to be broken down then used. A lot may. But a good amount has to be washed down our throat when the mucus and whatever process happens. We can't help that, it's a natural flush once we snort something.
But where I can be wrong is when ppl do those mega lines compared to those who do a bunch of little lines spaced out over time. I think that's a smarter more conservative way, but many people are impatient. Otherwise everyone would just swallow their medication. I do both.

I really wasn't trying to argue, I guess just addressing what (could) happen when someone rails huge lines. Anywho, have a swell night. I do enjoy intellectual discussions when discussed in respectful manner.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:34
Silver Member

Male from Earth
3rdStoneFromTheSun is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 127, Level: 1 Points: 127, Level: 1 Points: 127, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Some will also end up in your lungs, particularly hydromorphone when crushed well, it is an extremely fine powder. I've seen people exhale a cloud of fine powder after sniffing hydromorphone tablets.

Definitely don't fight the puking, it's easy to choke/aspirate if you try and hold it down. I hate puking, but been there done that.
Old 17-12-2012, 19:04

Female from Canada
sadisticate is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1

i don't mind the throwing up except for directly after i do it. like someone said, it could possibly have a placebo affect that makes me feel less high for puking so soon after. i'm still not sure.

sadisticate added 121 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

i also don't like it ground up too finely, i find it gets into my throat and makes me cough.

Last edited by sadisticate; 17-12-2012 at 19:04. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 18-12-2012, 01:14
Silver Member

Male from Earth
3rdStoneFromTheSun is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 127, Level: 1 Points: 127, Level: 1 Points: 127, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Back in the day when my monkey was injecting heroin, his friends would say "you don't get really loaded till you puke". My monkey never puked unless he was sick and was as smacked back as could be. Another dope myth that they swore by.
Old 25-12-2012, 19:55

23 y/o Male from United States
OrgyAtMyPlaceNOW is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

It would seem as though the time frame between doing your line and puking would be the most important factor. If the drug as been there long enough to soak in and make it to your blood stream, the second factor would likely be: how does your brain and body react to puking, aside from emptying your stomach. Does the brain release particular chemicals that could increase or decrease the "high"? Did vomit come out through your nose at all? Has the strain on your stomach resulted in abdominal pain, which would make you feel less of the drug? In my opinion, i would say vomiting shortly after insufflation would likely decrease the drugs potential of making it into your blood, and obviously the less in your blood stream the less high you would feel. I know this isnt scientific, but maybe stating some of the questions i had after reading the post will help to think about it from a different angle.

Share this on:

Tags
dilaudid, hydromorph contin, hydromorphone, nasal administration, opiates, opioids, routes of administration, snorting hydromorphone, snorting opiates, vomiting

» New Threads
Adderall, hydrocodone, restoril
Last post by Randyc44
0 Replies, 1 Views
Escaping hell: getting off...
Last post by tcttuck
1 Replies, 49 Views
Down syndrome and Weed
Last post by Stickemupz
16 Replies, 1,335 Views
How Hard was it for you to get...
Last post by TrippingChalk