Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Antipsychotics
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 30-11-2012, 20:17
Silver Member

Female from United States
neonblur is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 154, Level: 2 Points: 154, Level: 2 Points: 154, Level: 2
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
How much does generic Seroquel (quetiapine) 150 mg cost?

my fiancee got prescribed seraquil to help him (us) get off heroin but i was wondering how much a script of that costs generic? i hear a lot of antipsychotics can be fairly expensive.just wndering what a 30 day supply typically runs with no insurance as a generic. thanks! i cant seem to find it using google, just online pharms trying to sell them to me for way over the normal price.
Old 30-11-2012, 20:31
Straight out of Trumpton
Co-Moderator

50 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Mindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,647, Level: 12 Points: 7,647, Level: 12 Points: 7,647, Level: 12
Activity: 20.0% Activity: 20.0% Activity: 20.0%
Re: how much does generic seraquil 150 mg cost?

Unfortunately price discussions as not allowed, even regarding legitimate substances such as quetiapine. Perhaps you could discuss this with a local pharmacist, they may be aware of the relative cost of generic versus marketed brands of quetiapine.

Post Quality Evaluations:
This is wrong. Read: https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1181483&postcount=17
Old 30-11-2012, 20:46
Silver Member

thats odd. can i ask why?
Old 30-11-2012, 22:22
Reactive Member

Male from Earth
hookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,358, Level: 8 Points: 3,358, Level: 8 Points: 3,358, Level: 8
Activity: 13.8% Activity: 13.8% Activity: 13.8%

Quote:
thats odd. can i ask why?
Because that's one of the rules you agreed to when you accepted the agreement to become a member here. Nothing odd about it at all. No price talk. This rule deters solicitations too and from other members.

Wrong! read: https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1181483&postcount=17 -and for newbie unfriendlyness.
Old 30-11-2012, 22:33
Straight out of Trumpton
Co-Moderator

Mindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

Exactly. Having read the rules I understand that this rule is to discourage trade on DF. Trade would be likely to attract the attention of law enforcement agencies. I'm quite fond of this site and am happy to comply with such reasonable rules in order to help protect it.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:46
Silver Member

sorry. its a legal med that we have a script too. nevermind..
Old 01-12-2012, 09:24
Titanium Member

48 y/o Female from USA - Michigan
carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.
Points: 1,146, Level: 5 Points: 1,146, Level: 5 Points: 1,146, Level: 5
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Many Walgreens or CVS have pharmacies that are open 24 hours. They can tell you quickly what the price is for this medication. If it's unaffordable for you they also have discount programs if you know you will have more prescriptions in the future.

offers sensible and only helpful advice possible; speak to a pharmacist
concise answer to OPs question.
Old 01-12-2012, 16:24
Phungushead Phungushead is nu online
Twisted Depiction
Super Moderator

Male from United States
Phungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 22,923, Level: 21 Points: 22,923, Level: 21 Points: 22,923, Level: 21
Activity: 18.6% Activity: 18.6% Activity: 18.6%

QUICK RULE CLARIFICATION:

This is something that comes up every now and then. The key phrase in the rule is this...

"Prices & sources of common products from national chain stores like K-mart are allowed."

The price discussion in this thread may or may not be okay depending on whether the drugs are to be purchased from a government licensed pharmacy, or from some random online pharmacy.

If we are talking an online pharmacy, then no - that is something that we do not allow. If we're talking about prices from a pharmacy such as Walgreens or CVS or whatever, then that is still within the rules.

See this thread for more detailed discussion on this: Continuity of Source and Price Discussion of Pharmacy Meds

I know it's a little bit of a gray area as many prescribed drugs are controlled substances, and also because prescription drugs are commonly sold as 'street' drugs.

Bottom Line: Price discussion of prescription drugs is allowed, if obtained from a legitimate pharmacy.

Addendum from Phenoxide: If you wish to continue discussing this rule then do so in the thread linked to above rather than fouling up this thread with off-topic discussions. Also keep in mind that discussing the validity of reputation comments or the motivations behind them in threads is heavily discouraged and almost always results in further negative ratings or infractions. If a member feels that a rating was inappropriate or invalid then they can report it from their account control panel as described in the forum knowledgebase.

thank you for a non snarky answer and clarification.

Last edited by Phenoxide; 01-12-2012 at 20:04. Reason: addendum
Old 01-12-2012, 20:06
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,275, Level: 20 Points: 19,275, Level: 20 Points: 19,275, Level: 20
Activity: 59.5% Activity: 59.5% Activity: 59.5%

Explain to me in detail why you can't ask the doctor who gave you the script, or the pharmacist where you will get it filled?
Old 01-12-2012, 20:49
Straight out of Trumpton
Co-Moderator

Re: How much does generic Seroquel (quetiapine) 150 mg cost?

Discussing this with a doctor or pharmacist does seem the best option, in terms of obtaining the best price and clarification that this is a suitable starting dose. I'm not certain, but 150 mg of quetiapine seems like a fairly high starting dose. Quetiapine generally requires incremental increases in dose rather than a starting point of 150mg. The maximum dose may vary according to indications, but it can take around three days or longer to reach a dose of 150 mg (British National Formulary November 2012).

This helps make the rates of recorded adverse effects much lower, one study on titration found rates of adverse effects 'extremely low (6.68 percent) and not dose dependent'. (Quetiapine dose titration in clinical practice, Filippou R et al, 2003). I hope this is more helpful than my earlier reply and also relevant, it's just that the adverse effects of quetiapine are worth bearing in mind, including the potential for suicidal ideation and postural hypotension on initiation of therapy or during initial titration of dose.

Last edited by Mindless; 01-12-2012 at 23:01. Reason: new comment
Old 02-12-2012, 08:26
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter View Post
Explain to me in detail why you can't ask the doctor who gave you the script, or the pharmacist where you will get it filled?

i dont think there is detail thats needed it was early in the am and i had a question i thought fellow board members might know the answers to so i asked. instead i had a few people get snarky with me. we went the pharm the next day and found out and it ws out of our price range anyhow. i just wanted to save embaressment but i guess you dont know what that is like.

also thanks super mod for the clarification.
Old 02-12-2012, 13:04
Reactive Member

Male from Earth
hookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,358, Level: 8 Points: 3,358, Level: 8 Points: 3,358, Level: 8
Activity: 13.8% Activity: 13.8% Activity: 13.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonblur View Post
i just wanted to save embaressment but i guess you dont know what that is like.
The best way to avoid this, is using your phone. Call them, and ask them for a price quote. I do it often when shopping around to find the hot spot with best bang for my buck.

Share this on:

Tags
antipsychotic, antipsychotics, prescription pills, seroquel, seroquel (quetiapine)

» New Threads
What was your VERY FIRST...
Last post by Scloud90
40 Replies, 4,585 Views
Quite the unpleasant experience....
Last post by Miss Metal
7 Replies, 393 Views
Worst cocaine side effect?
Last post by laron16
1 Replies, 61 Views
vein inflamed after partial miss
Last post by Miss Metal