Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 29-11-2012, 10:11

Female from United States
dianibm is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Does Kratom help with pain?

A friend has had chronic pain for many years now due to a bad accident then a few back surgeries. She was on all the pills and patches over the years as her tolerance grew, finally she decided she was doing way too much and couldn't stop without awful wds, so she went on Suboxone. she's down from 16 mg/day to 8, but she can go a few days without taking it at all, she only takes it when she's in pain. If she lays low and doesn't do much for a day or two she can skip it. Many people question her when she says it helps with her pain, it's not as good of relief as the pills are, but probably at a higher dose it would be. Each time she tries to cut the suboxone in half she's usually in too much pain and need to take the next half within a couple of hours.

Does anyone know if Kratom has any pain relieving properties? She's thinking about trying to use that instead of the suboxone, in addition to sub being a chemical, they make her feel like a prisoner each week when she gets her script, including watching her pee.

She'd love to have something with SOME pain reliever in it and get off the subs. She doesn't party
much but would like to be able to if the opportunity arises.

Thanks so much for your help!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please learn how to UTFSE, this is covered extensively
Old 29-11-2012, 10:18
Titanium Member

23 y/o Male from USA - Arkansas
PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.
Points: 4,486, Level: 9 Points: 4,486, Level: 9 Points: 4,486, Level: 9
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%
Re: Does Kratom help with pain?

Yes Kratom has been used for pain relief for a very long time now. Some do not think it is as good as pills are but it seems to be much more healthier for you.

Here are a few threads about Kratom and pain.

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=161727
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...ht=kratom+pain
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...ht=kratom+pain

Here is a couple about how to take it.

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...=kratom+method

This thread should help you find the type of kratom you want.

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=103917

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good redirect.
Answers the OP's question well and good job providing links to other threads
Thanks for being so informative!
Old 29-11-2012, 11:41
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.
Points: 1,174, Level: 5 Points: 1,174, Level: 5 Points: 1,174, Level: 5
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

Kratom is especially great for back pain, a 2 year user here and that property of kratom has never lost its effect.

It relieves other pains too but the back pain relief is especially noticeable for me..this might be because I notice my back pain the most (probably) or there is some sort of unique property to kratom that makes it particularly good for the back.
Old 29-11-2012, 12:20

dianibm is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

WOW! Thank you so much for your replies. You have NO idea how happy you made me! Then I'm going off the Subs as soon as the Kratom gets here. I really did search for 'Kratom Pain relief' in the kratom forum, without the quotes, and tons of posts came up and I thought I covered them all but it looks like I missed a couple.

The above was my first post to this forum and now I realize I should've started posting a long time ago. I've been on here for a few years, I think, but haven't posted.

Last edited by Phenoxide; 01-12-2012 at 21:21.
Old 06-12-2012, 21:12

AnnaMarie is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

dianbm: I realize this is a few days late, but my friend has severe lower back pain due to an accident and surgery complications. Additionally she had one knee replacement and several surgeries in the other knee and had more complications that caused more problems that she'd care to count. The prescribed opiates she despised because of the possibility of addiction and the side effects, so ended up using biofeedback and meditation to try to control pain until she discovered Kratom.

Kratom, she uses Bali and then switches it up with Maeng Da and Red Vein, more often Maeng Da, has made life considerably easier. She does a lot of financial business consulting and being in continual pain was hurting - literally and figurative. Kratom is usually taken 1-2 times a week when the pain spikes beyond what she can deal with. Some weeks it might be 3 times.

She did go through a phase when she was taking A LOT of Kratom daily rather than working on her own pain management and just relying on the Kratom. This was not a great idea and she went cold turkey and restarted Kratom a while later. Now she takes around 10g of Bali Kratom per dose and her life is more "normal" than ever before.

One thing that she had to discover was reputable vendors and the right strain and the right product - definitely check out the

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=200101

And if you search, look for what's been discussed and reviewed. I would "think" (although I don't know any other Kratom users other than online) that people stick with one vendor once you find one with a consistent product. It may take a while to find the right dose and the right product, don't get discouraged. I think that it took my friend about 3-4 months to find the right vendor and then the right strain and then the right dose.

Share this on:

Tags
kratom, kratom as pain killer, kratom for pain, kratom pain treatment, pain relief, routes of administration, types of kratom