Register Tags

Notices

Old 26-11-2012, 18:13

Male from Canada
Methcaine is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Odd colored mucous?

So lately I've noticed that after smoking ice, my mucous had been turning a wierd yellow/amber color. Its almost like the occasional color if the ice while I'm smoking it. Its really thick, more lkme phlegm than normal saliva and it takes a bit of effort to draw it from my throat. Just wondering if this is a cause for concern or if its normal. If it is something to be worried about, any ideas on whats causing it?
Old 27-11-2012, 05:01
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
StrtdWithABigBang is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1
Re: Odd colored mucous?

The smoke tends to coat your mouth and nasal passage, The Dr noticed when he spit in his garage, after it dried up it left an exact "crackback pattern" just how it looks in his pipe. He has also blown his nose and once saw a dry booger that looked the same way. A thin glass flake with streaks or cracks in it.
Disgusting but weird.
Drink a lot of water & it helps the problem tremendously. Oral hygiene is equally important.

Nothing to worry about, though.
Old 28-11-2012, 19:21

Male from United States
illy should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

Yes, I have the exact same thing. A nasty thick phlegm that is difficult to cough up. Mine has gotten worse to the point its difficult to take a deep breath without coughing. Now I have a chronic cough and difficulty breathing.

It turns out I had been smoking some bad meth that was cut all to hell. I never called that guy again and got a new dealer with much better gear. Methamphetamine won't do this, it is highly water soluble and the natural moisture in your lungs is probably enough to dissolve it well.

The cut is a different matter though. Good meth should not make the stem of your pipe look like its coated with a thick layer of white chalk dust. I think that's what the inside of my lungs look like. LOL

Recently I researched how to clean or wash my meth. I have been unable to find high quality meth that's not cut. Just a simple acetone wash works quite well and can make a big difference. I would HATE to get lung damage from this shit, and I'm sure you would to. I suggest you do the same and check out cleaning threads on DF. If you have trouble finding them, PM me and I'll send it to you.
Old 29-11-2012, 09:53

Male from Canada
Methcaine is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1

Ah so it might be a cut in the meth. Right now I'm using tinfoil and a straw to smoke it, but when I melt the crystal for the first time, should I not be inhaling the first few clouds of smoke that are produced? I always had the assumption that what was melting off at first was all the cut and after a few seconds, then you were actually getting the meth.
Old 14-02-2013, 15:38

23 y/o Male from USA - California
Schvrooom is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1

Yes do not want to smoke the initial smoke produced by melting the crystals once you have melted them then you can start smoking. I would also suggest getting an "oil burner" or a meth pipe which is way better than using foil both health wise and efficiency wise. As for the strange colored mucus I do not experience this because I brush my teeth or atleast rinse my mouth with water every time i smoke. I would highly advise rinsing your mouth out or if possible brushing your teeth every time you smoke, this will solve your strange colored mucus and so give you a better chance at fighting meth mouth( another great way is staying hydrated which is the main cause of meth mouth)

Schvrooom added 1 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Addition to post above - brushing or rinsing after every use should take care of that mucus problem.

Last edited by Schvrooom; 14-02-2013 at 15:38. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 14-02-2013, 16:30
Silver Member

Male from United States
derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.
Points: 2,030, Level: 6 Points: 2,030, Level: 6 Points: 2,030, Level: 6
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%

That could help Schvrooom but it may not fix everything from smoking it.
Quote:
Increases phlegm production. The lungs produce mucus to trap chemical and toxic substances.
Small “finger like” hairs, called cilia, coat the lung's airways and move rhythmically to clear this mucus
from the lungs. Combined with coughing, this is usually an effective method of clearing the lungs of
harmful substances. Tobacco smoke paralyzes these hairs, allowing mucus to collect in the lungs of
the smoker.
Cigarette smoke also promotes goblet cell growth resulting in an increase in mucus.

More mucus is made with each breath of irritating tobacco and the smoker cannot easily clear the
increased mucus.
via tobacco free dot org pdf
Perhaps this might suit the ROA of smoking and the reasons you see the mucus after days of smoking anything tobacco related or vap chemicals.
Old 15-02-2013, 08:00
Silver Member

30 y/o Female from United States
Nicnac is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1
Activity: 7.6% Activity: 7.6% Activity: 7.6%

When I smoked I would have similar. And it went a step further, there were times that I would get a weird color in my vision. Looked in the mirror to find this odd colored mucous was actually forming in my eye as well. I know everything is connected but I had never experienced anything like that in my life. I thought maybe it had to do with the smoke actually hitting my eyes or something so I took a break from smoking and started parachuting and it still happened!

Haven't had this occur since I started IVing although I do a lot less & a lot less often and have a completely different connection now.

Last edited by Nicnac; 26-02-2013 at 10:18.
Old 05-08-2013, 22:39
Silver Member

Female from United States
Tattered_princess is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 174, Level: 2 Points: 174, Level: 2 Points: 174, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

I keep getting the really thick mucous lately also. My roa is injecting and yet I am dealing with the nasty too. It gets so thick, that it gets stuck and I feel like I'm choking a little bit. Very weird.
Old 07-03-2014, 16:52

30 y/o Female from United States
zingblowers2 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

We get that mucus also..yellow, green, browish colored....super thick, slimy....doesnt matter snort, smoke, shoot it...obviously smoking makes it worse though..always have a sore thoart and really vchapped lips!!!

Share this on:

Tags
ice, meth, methampetamine, smoking meth, smoking methamphetamine

Sitelinks: Information: