Notices

Opiates & Opioids Opiates & Opioids.

Old 17-11-2012, 21:33

50 y/o Female from United States
WorriedInJersey is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Really scared about drug test - Nucynta - please help

I recently took one 50 mg Nucynta and the next day (almost 24 hours later) had to do a pre-employment drug test... It was a standard 10 panel urine test. I am scared to death that I am going to fail because of the nucynta. I was given the pill by a friend because I hurt my back helping them move a piece of furniture. So, I don't have a scrip for nucynta. I DO have a scrip for meperidine.... would they show the same?

So -- my questions (1) will the pill make me test positive for opiates / opiods on the test; and (2) if so, will I be able to use my scrip to meperidine to explain it? Or am I screwed?

Any advice is welcome... I am totally freaking out about it.
Old 21-11-2012, 10:57
On Hiatus

Male from United States
baZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,642, Level: 11 Points: 6,642, Level: 11 Points: 6,642, Level: 11
Activity: 19.6% Activity: 19.6% Activity: 19.6%
Re: Really scared about drug test - Nucynta - please help

I can't say for sure, but I am almost 100% positive tapentadol will NOT be on a standard, 10-panel drug test.

The reason I'm nearly certain is both from personal experience, and the fact that on Nucynta's website under the question "My healthcare professional requires that I undergo periodic drug screening. Will NUCYNTA® ER show up on my screening test?" It says:

Quote:
Drug screening tests are currently available that can confirm the presence of tapentadol in urine. For information about laboratories that screen for tapentadol, call xxx-xxx-xxxx
This, to me, makes it sound as though a specific test or laboratory is needed to test for tapentadol... but maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Meperidine will likely not be an adequate explanation for a positive tapentadol result, though you could always claim false positive if you're desperate.

I don't think this will be an issue. Don't take my word for it, but I'm pretty confident.

Please let us know how you make out.
Old 22-11-2013, 02:02

Female from Earth
regretful is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%
Re: Really scared about drug test - Nucynta - please help

The normal piss test shouldn't show it up only if they specifically test for it. as far as I know

Share this on:

Tags
drug test question, nucynta, tapentadol