Notices

Old 11-11-2012, 20:03

25 y/o Female from United States
goregasmic is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
non-compliance with oxycodone?

I'm on a pain management contract with my primary care physician
I am being prescribed 5mg oxycodone 4 times daily. I went on the 30th of October to pick up my refill and they randomly make me take a piss test before i could get my prescription. I panicked because i also had marijuana and xanax(not prescribed to me) in my system. when i went to piss, i rinsed the cup out with water and left a little bit of water in there with my pee. (I've done this numerous times to pass drug tests). well, i received a copy of my results for from the lab and apparently the 'rinsing thr cup out' trick only works for passing for marijuana. my results were: Oxycodone- result: <100 ng/ML and beside it has NON -COMPLAINT and it's circled. also it showed aprazolam- 105 ng/ML and clonazepam- 630 ng/ML. ( i am being prescribed that though). what does this mean? can they cut me off of pain management or is there a way i can redeem myself? experiences? advice?

goregasmic added 24 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

i probably should have mentioned that the reason i took any xanax is because i have severe anxiety and agoraphobia, and even after telling the doctor that the clonazapam wasn't helping and making my anxiety worse, he just upped my dose of it. xanax is legitly the only benzo I've taken that truly helps my anxiety

Last edited by goregasmic; 11-11-2012 at 20:03. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 17-11-2012, 03:25
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

27 y/o Male from United States
N0rthrnCa707 is captain of the psychonauts.N0rthrnCa707 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 276, Level: 2 Points: 276, Level: 2 Points: 276, Level: 2
Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5%
Re: non-compliance with oxycodone?

I'm almost positive, if you signed a contract, it stated the rules of the clinic. And I'm almost positive it said something along the lines of "non compliance of this contract will lead to termination of the patient." maybe not in those exact words, but close.

You will be very lucky to get another chance. But this can also cut off all access to further pain management programs.

Good luck, and keep us posted.
Old 20-11-2012, 19:19

Female from United States
HealthyAbundance is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

I recently had a similar experience. I also am on a contract with my PCP for oxycodone and am prescribed 4 pills total each day. My pain is so bad that I usually run out a week early. So, I go to the doctor for a prescription and - surprise - I have to drop a ua. I received a rude awakening at the next visit and was told that I showed I was clean from my oxy's. So, I told my doctor the truth.... it was scary and he is giving me one more chance, but I feel like a criminal, and I am not. I also had a problem at the pharmacy due to the way the PCP wrote the prescription, date-wise, and once again, was stared down by the pharmacist as well. I am a professional, highly functional individual, and so I joined this site as I am weaning myself off the oxycodone because I would rather feel physical pain than shame and embarrassment. I am now down to 2 pills a day, and this forum got me through a hellish week-end of withdrawal, because I also began to drink alcohol to enhance the effect of my oxycodone. I was feeling better, but now have a personal issue to get through, and I will get through it. I am sick of a little pill running my life and controlling me. I don't know if this helps you, but perhaps knowing that the emotional turmoil we are both experiencing is due to these freakin' pills and the way the medical system views us that need it for pain. I wish you the best as you make the choices that will be in your best interest.
Old 20-11-2012, 20:38
Silver Member

Male from United States
Doctor Who is captain of the psychonauts.Doctor Who is captain of the psychonauts.Doctor Who is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

> The lack of sufficient pain treatment is the most obvious and hateful perversion of medicine caused by the government's control of medicine.

PEACE!

Share this on:

Tags
alprazolam, clonazepam, oxycodone, pain management and addiction