Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiates & Opioids Opiates & Opioids.

Old 07-11-2012, 19:34
Titanium Member

24 y/o Male from USA - Arkansas
PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.
Points: 4,492, Level: 9 Points: 4,492, Level: 9 Points: 4,492, Level: 9
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Do You Like Your Afterglow Effects From Opiates/Opioids?

I take my opiates and opioids at night usually before I go to bed. That is my favorite time to take them. When I wake up the next day though I have the afterglow that lasts almost all day long. The weird thing about it is that I like it.

Does anyone else like the afterglow feeling from opiates or am I alone on this? To me it is a little like being high off of pain killers but just a little bit different. Any Comments?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Interesting thread starter that should evoke some interesting responses.

Last edited by PillMan; 15-12-2012 at 10:06. Reason: Changed Hangover To Afterglow
Old 07-11-2012, 21:32
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 15,417, Level: 18 Points: 15,417, Level: 18 Points: 15,417, Level: 18
Activity: 7.8% Activity: 7.8% Activity: 7.8%
Re: Do You Like Your Opiate/Opioid Hangover?

Yeah I get what you mean, waking up the next morning feeling all floaty and warm does make the day easier to get through. You do realise that this warm floaty feeling, this hangover will wear off, and soon there will only be a nervous edgy feeling, unless you up your dose of opiates that is. And by upping the dose you risk becoming addicted. So whilst I understand what you're saying, I worry that you're slowly gonna float into addiction. What plans have you got to prevent this from occurring, do you plan to have a break for a few days?

Sparkles.
Old 07-11-2012, 22:58
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 578, Level: 3 Points: 578, Level: 3 Points: 578, Level: 3

When I was first using opioids, I guess I could say that I enjoyed that next-day feeling. I used to only take opiates at night also, and when they would wear off a few hours later, I would get really irritable and cranky. Fast forward to the next day, however, and I would actually get a similar feeling to what you describe.

But I really only got that effect the first couple years, when I would just dabble with vicodin, percocet, and codeine once every month, max. Once I graduated to weekly and then daily use, the only 'off' feeling I would get the next day would be cravings, and eventually, physical withdrawals.

If you enjoy the hangover type feeling, the best thing you can do for yourself is limit how often you do opiates, because if you start using them often, well, the "pleasant hangover" won't last very much longer after that.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:02
Titanium Member

PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.

Oh I know all about addiction and have been there. Even when I was addicted I still liked the feeling but it would not last near as long. I am pacing myself now and actually handling it really well as I also have a lot of kratom.

I was just curious if anyone else liked their hangovers. Opiates/opioids are the only drugs that have a hangover that I like.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:18
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
Keiyentai is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 141, Level: 1 Points: 141, Level: 1 Points: 141, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Really depends on what I take. LOVE the dreamy almost floaty hang over I get from Morphine. Vics do nothing for me and percs hang over varies with dose.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:02
Titanium Member

I love taking them right before bed and you stay in that floating dreaming state where you don't even know if your sleeping or just dreaming so good.

I agree with you thy vics do nothing... Thy may do a little bit but not near as much as others. Honestly I like the feeling of tramadol over hydrocodone. Just sucks that it's so weak.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:02
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
Keiyentai is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 141, Level: 1 Points: 141, Level: 1 Points: 141, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Yea when I first used Tramadol it was nuts. Thought to myself it's week not going to feel anything..I was wrong but after a couple times (nothing as good as the first) it stopped also at the time I was on other meds that if I took to much Tramadol could increase seizure risk so wasn't worth it.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:09
Titanium Member

Yea I got pretty addicted to it at one point. Taking 400 Milligrams a night just to feel it and sleep. I got off of it for almost a year though and I am back on it now. I am handling it though as I need it for my back pain. Surprisingly enough I am handling it well.

But I still get those hangovers that I forgot I missed while I was clean for so long. That is what inspired me to make a thread about it and ask if anyone else likes them as much as i do.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:24

31 y/o Female from United States
NolaRaine is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Hello- Noob to the forum here- but no noob to opis.

How long have you been taking opiates and how often do you take them? (only if you don't mind sharing?) Because I think that has a lot to do with how you feel the next day.

I only got that "hangover" when I wasn't using daily, and when I was fairly new to using. That was when the next day was floaty and pleasant. I was also dosing at night, like you.

After having a daily habit, stopping and then using recreationally I'd be very groggy the next day, like the tiredness of the high without the euphoria. I'd actually feel a bit down some days after using but I chalk this up to knowing I was out of drugs. Or possibly a drop in seratonin after years of a daily habit.
I tried to keep it to nights when I knew I had nothing important or labor-intensive to do the next day.
If I did, I'd save a little to get through the day.

That's how the cycle started all over again, actually! The saving of a hit for the morning. Then treating myself again at night, and so on...
Old 12-11-2012, 05:26
Titanium Member

Well I have been taking opiates for 8 years or so and for a long time it was on a daily basis. Awhile back I quit for, I think, almost a year or somewhere close to it. Anyway I have started back up and, amazingly, have a good grip on my use. I do not take it everyday and can control myself so I will not be back to where I was.

I know the risk I am taking but I am ok with that. I have a good grip on this and plan on keeping it that way. I also have Kratom now so I will take that sometimes as well.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:15

missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute

^^^ oh how many times I used to think I had a grip on my drug use, and for a time I did...lots of times. The fact that you've already visited the hell that is addiction should forewarn you love. If you choose to continue using that's fine, its your life-your choice, but please please don't fool yourself, don't be so complacent as to think that just cuz you feel you have a good grip on your drug use that it will continue this way. I always say that believing that you can continue taking opiates and NOT get addicted is like playing Russian Roulette with a loaded revolver and believing you won't get shot. You will. So I suggest that if you do choose to continue than try to make sure you have people there that will support you, don't fuck everyone off, like most addicts do, then they're left with no one to help them.

Please don't think that I'm being negative, I'm just being realistic, I suggest you do the same.

Sparkles.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Honest, Respectful, Concering Post.
Old 12-11-2012, 18:31
Titanium Member

Thanks for the concern Sparkles. I honestly believe I got control of it, I am not nearly as interested in opiates/opioids as I was before. I am actually getting to the point where they do not feel as good as they use to.

I am also big on saving money and I would much rather save my money than spend it on anything...I hate buying food. After I eat I wish I would have saved my money instead lol. Thanks again though, glad to know there are people like you on DF that share concern.
Old 16-11-2012, 04:43

31 y/o Female from United States
NolaRaine is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillMan View Post
Well I have been taking opiates for 8 years or so and for a long time it was on a daily basis. Awhile back I quit for, I think, almost a year or somewhere close to it. Anyway I have started back up and, amazingly, have a good grip on my use. I do not take it everyday and can control myself so I will not be back to where I was.
When I started back up chipping, after
quitting a habit that's when I most noticed the hangover effect you are talking about.
Old 17-11-2012, 14:08
Silver Member

Male from Canada
TurboGolf is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 178, Level: 2 Points: 178, Level: 2 Points: 178, Level: 2
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%

i did not enjoy this feeling.. mostly because if i ever used past 10 pm (which was most of the time) .. I either had school or work and even though 12 PM work isn't late, waking up after taking some opanas or H would be dreadful.. And on the worst days I sleep to 6-7 PM the next day which I don't know how but couldn't keep that up long since family would become suspicious..
Old 17-11-2012, 19:13

32 y/o Male from United States
Softliner is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Well, Everyone is different obviously.

I've found that the opiate hangover will linger for 5-6 hours from the time I open my eyes. Some people enjoy the hazy cloud that envelopes your vision, but I can't really function at a decent level that way, I work everyday, sometimes in 18-25 hour shifts and need to think clearly at a high level. Everyone here enjoys the warmth, myself included, and it's super-easy to get out of control as it starts to go away.

After years of experimenting: A decent cup of coffee and a small dose of a stim works wonders for that early morning push, depending on what I did the night before. Before my accident and subsequent prescriptions I almost never drank coffee, now I'd be lost without it!

It's all about balance and what works for you. It's kind of about finding a way to maintain your sanity too.
Old 18-11-2012, 04:01
Titanium Member

24 y/o Male from Australia
methylman251 must live here.methylman251 must live here.methylman251 must live here.methylman251 must live here.methylman251 must live here.methylman251 must live here.methylman251 must live here.methylman251 must live here.
Points: 1,749, Level: 6 Points: 1,749, Level: 6 Points: 1,749, Level: 6
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

If I have nothing to do the next day I don't mind the hangover so much that cloudy type of feeling isn't bad especially if you just plan on doing something like smoking weed.

On the other hand if I need to function the next day I hate the feeling, I become completely aware that I can't function as well as I usually can. If its too bad stimulants can help bring me back up to normal though.
Old 21-11-2012, 02:27
Silver Member

30 y/o Female from Canada
featherbullet is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I don't know what you guys mean by a hangover. Oxy doesn't give me anything like that. Am I just lucky? I don't take more than 15 mg at a time though....as prescribed.
Old 02-12-2012, 15:38
Silver Member

47 y/o Female from United Kingdom
humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.
Points: 398, Level: 3 Points: 398, Level: 3 Points: 398, Level: 3
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%

I feel that no one is ever in control of opiates and therefore I never take them for more than five days on the trot, sometimes 4 days, sometimes, 3.

I have been taking them since June 2011.

On the sixth day, though, I never go into withdrawals.

I feel I have a choice, I can either carry on this way, or, I can take them on the sixth day, but as opiates are always in control, there is always that threat of clucking if I take them for more than five days, so, I am to scared to take them on that sixth day.

As for hangovers, I like mine, they chill me out. I take mine early afternoon or mid afternoon and the hangover happens at night. I think the nervy bit must happen during the night cos I feel normal the next day. My normal is anxious and nervy anyway, and this is why I take drugs.

I do have lots of hangups and fears in life and no access to talking therapy, so while I try to self help in this area, the hangups and fears are so deep that I have never fully got to the bottom of them.
Old 14-12-2012, 00:54

Male from United States
mer kaba should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

my god no. Its one of the main reasons my cat has chose to rely on a strip of bupe daily.. he wakes up content, not shivering with sweat
Old 14-12-2012, 09:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdroid View Post
I feel that no one is ever in control of opiates and therefore I never take them for more than five days on the trot, sometimes 4 days, sometimes, 3.

I have been taking them since June 2011.

On the sixth day, though, I never go into withdrawals.
That can work really well love, if you can stick to it? My question is..."what do you do if something happens on the 5th day, something so stressful (such as a bereavement) that you feel unable to cope with WITHOUT using on the 6th, 7th, perhaps longer, so that you can't stick to you rules?" If you're able to stop on the 3rd day, rather than the 5th, doesn't that tell you something? It says to me that you could quit, and without too much physical pain. Cuz living your life scared is not really living, its just existing isn't it?

I just mentioned that last part cuz it seemed so obvious to me. If you have the strength to quit as you do then you have the strength to quit altogether, in my opinion.

Sparkles.
Old 15-12-2012, 05:46
Silver Member

Male from United States
seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.
Points: 1,522, Level: 5 Points: 1,522, Level: 5 Points: 1,522, Level: 5
Activity: 12.8% Activity: 12.8% Activity: 12.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by featherbullet View Post
I don't know what you guys mean by a hangover. Oxy doesn't give me anything like that. Am I just lucky? I don't take more than 15 mg at a time though....as prescribed.
I think they're referring to the lingering effect from taking opiates at bed time as a hangover. I don't think hangover is a good word to describe that, it's more like afterglow.

I love the feeling and have it mornings after I take Kratom, which is most mornings but sometimes I dose too early in the afternoon so there's no more effects by morning. Must be from low levels of the drug in the blood stream, basically still feel all the effects of Kratom but at a subtle level. Combined with some morning Cannabis it becomes a real good high, and I can still be quite productive. Get a similar afterglow on Poppy Seed Tea but only after <6 hour naps, any longer and it'll be gone when I wake up.

I find that my thinking is enhanced during the afterglow, it's the best time to throw down a major reading session for me usually. It's an even better time to go for a run since I feel so refreshed and ready to go.
Old 15-12-2012, 09:34
Titanium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaturtle View Post
I think they're referring to the lingering effect from taking opiates at bed time as a hangover. I don't think hangover is a good word to describe that, it's more like afterglow.
This is actually what I am referring to. Maybe I should change the title? Oh well. Anyway...love all the responses. Keep them coming.
Old 15-12-2012, 09:57

It might be a good idea to change the title, cuz the word "hangover" does make you think of pain, as opposed to the word "afterglow" which just seems to exude pleasure, doesn't it?

Sparkles.
Old 17-12-2012, 04:53
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

23 y/o Male from United States
Curioustripper297 needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Re: Do You Like Your Afterglow Effects From Opiates/Opioids?

Well if robo takes 2 oxy 10mgs at 10am then no because comedowns suck an make me feel like crap (unless its dmt or weed) but if i was to take it before bed or close to then yes because it makes me wake up feeling refreshed.

Share this on:

Tags
demerol, fentanyl, hangover, hangovers, heroin, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, morphine, opiate, opiates, opiod, opioids, oxycodone, oxycontin, pain killers, pain medication, pain pills, tramadol