Register Tags

Notices

Old 04-11-2012, 15:59

23 y/o Female from United States
Meowlissa is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Vivitrol shot

Hi - I just got the vivitrol shot two days ago. I had been banging around a half g of tar a day prior to getting t. First of all, it sent me into precipitated withdrawal (all withdrawal symptoms pushed into a span of a day) and second of all, I just about regret it so much right now. Do any of you have experience on when I can get high again? I know I shouldn't have gotten the shot if I had no intention to stay clean, I just want tonnownf any of you have had the experience and how many more days left until I can feel any IV heroin usage.
Old 04-11-2012, 17:03
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,193, Level: 14 Points: 9,193, Level: 14 Points: 9,193, Level: 14
Activity: 51.1% Activity: 51.1% Activity: 51.1%
Re: Vivitrol shot

After doing a bit of a comlete interwebs search I found the following on a German Site:

Quote:
150 mg Naltrexon pro Tag blockieren den Effekt von 25 mg Heroin für circa 72 Stunden. Die Halbwertszeit der Opiatrezeptoren-Blockade liegt im Allgemeinen zwischen 72 und 108 Stunden. Bei einer Dosis von 50 mg pro Tag, jeden zweiten Tag eingenommen, sind nach 48 Stunden immer noch 70–80 % der Opiatrezeptoren blockiert.
Not knowing about the dose of naltrexone you got I can't give you advice on when it is safe to do i.v. Heroin or Heroin at all.

The minimum time I'd wait based on the above data is one week to be sure the naltrexone (h/l: 4h) and it's active metabolite 6-beta-naltrexol ( h/l: 13h) are completely out of the system.
And then, CAUTION!

Don't overdose, your tolerance will be down. Try a quarter of what You used to use.

Better wait a day longer before you take the risk of forgetting to breathe. and take a bit less, too.
We dfon't wanna lose members.

BBW
Old 07-11-2012, 00:31

I just looked online and it says it was 380mg, the only dose available for injection. I tried shooting up twice three days after and I thought i felt something.. or maybe it was just my mind. Sigh. I really discourage others from getting this shot if you don't intend to quit. It does nothing for the cravings and I am just in a very depressed state right now.
Old 07-11-2012, 16:41
Silver Member

26 y/o Female from United Kingdom
aegis88 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Is Vivitrol just a brand name for naltrexone then? I've never heard of it. In the UK naltrexone is usually either a 3/6 month implant or daily tablets, but there is an injection available that lasts a month. How long is yours meant to last?

I've had two implants and I get my next one in a week. I wish I could have injections instead because I'm gonna end up with scars all over my stomach, but I have to travel half way across the country to get it.

Anyway answer to your original question: I've heard naltrexone is quite easy to over-ride, but like the other poster said don't assume you need to use more gear than usual cause your tolerance will be down even with the blocker.
Old 07-11-2012, 18:56
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,193, Level: 14 Points: 9,193, Level: 14 Points: 9,193, Level: 14
Activity: 51.1% Activity: 51.1% Activity: 51.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowlissa View Post
I just looked online and it says it was 380mg, the only dose available for injection. I tried shooting up twice three days after and I thought i felt something.. or maybe it was just my mind. Sigh. I really discourage others from getting this shot if you don't intend to quit. It does nothing for the cravings and I am just in a very depressed state right now.
This sure is true: No one who isn't adamant to quit should get a treatment with an antagonist. All you will have is blocked receptors, be frustrated that you have only little effect from whatever dose,- and take a bit more to eventually *catch* a bit of a buzz,- take a bit more ,- and baaamm breath depression,- no oxygen in brain,- overdosed with heroin. starved to death in a food shop, so to say.-
Meowlissa,- please stay safe,- even if you are frustrated and maybe depressed.
If you need to talk don't hesitate to drop me a DM.

BBW
Old 08-11-2012, 07:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegis88 View Post
Is Vivitrol just a brand name for naltrexone then? I've never heard of it. In the UK naltrexone is usually either a 3/6 month implant or daily tablets, but there is an injection available that lasts a month. How long is yours meant to last?

I've had two implants and I get my next one in a week. I wish I could have injections instead because I'm gonna end up with scars all over my stomach, but I have to travel half way across the country to get it.

Anyway answer to your original question: I've heard naltrexone is quite easy to over-ride, but like the other poster said don't assume you need to use more gear than usual cause your tolerance will be down even with the blocker.
Yeah it is. And dang..3/6 months. That takes a lot of dedication, kudos to you.. I probably would be cutting it out of myself just to get high. My injection is meant to last 30 days but I've heard it wears of sometime before the 3rd-4th week. I'm convinced it's easy to override, I'm still using though I don't feel the euphoria, so I feel like it's kind of a waste of money. Ahhhh :/

Meowlissa added 87 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf View Post
This sure is true: No one who isn't adamant to quit should get a treatment with an antagonist. All you will have is blocked receptors, be frustrated that you have only little effect from whatever dose,- and take a bit more to eventually *catch* a bit of a buzz,- take a bit more ,- and baaamm breath depression,- no oxygen in brain,- overdosed with heroin. starved to death in a food shop, so to say.-
Meowlissa,- please stay safe,- even if you are frustrated and maybe depressed.
If you need to talk don't hesitate to drop me a DM.

BBW
Yeah I am really frustrated, I have been doing little bags every couple of days and I THINK I get a high, but at the same time it really could just be mental. I get so frustrated and jealous when I'm with my friends who are using and they have that familiar glazed look and are nodding off. I really should have considered bigger life/habit changes before getting the shot, but it is what it is and I am counting down the days when I can be "normal" again.

Last edited by Meowlissa; 08-11-2012 at 07:20. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 16-11-2012, 09:49

32 y/o Female from United Kingdom
nicelymixedup should review received reputation comments.

@ meowlissa my pet monkey has these shots regularly she is on the 6th one now and has had 5x 3 month implants under the skin, the one month depo lasted 3 weeks and 2 days before monkey could get a reasonable high again, reasonable being worth while spending the money. I dont think its bad that you have the shot if you feel like using after it, thats what us addicts do, my monkey has used during and after every single one and probably will continue to until she feels ready. Vivatrol is a life saver, it has saved my monkey time and time again from sinking in to the worst addiction physically at least, mentally theres a lot of work to do and i find that the vivatrol has stopped helping monkey with the mental cravings they seem to still be there as monkey is always looking to score and usualy has drugs on her even though they dont work! Says a lot about where the mental side of the addiction is at. I just want people to know if they are counting down the days to use a bit like a jail sentence not to feel bad thie is part of the illness. We all have different using phases we go through the fact that you would take the shot at all is a sign that you are actively trying to do something, thats a great thing. Not to be over looked!
Old 18-11-2012, 20:19
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
BLACKTARWARRIOR is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

hey there. i get the shot too untill i move out of my parents.
its pretty lame. i can usually start feeling blacktar iv around day 30.
before then its not worth it seeing as how you gotta buy way more dope and that is dangerous.

but for people who dont wanna quit but know they to..... THIS IS THEIR DRUG.
it has helped many helpless addicts

Share this on:

Tags
heroin, iv heroin, vivitrol