Register Tags

Notices

Old 04-11-2012, 07:25
Banned

Male from United States
timtim is a decent psychonaut.
Oxycodone High vs Heroin High?

Hello,

A friend was wondering how different the high of heroin differs from the oxycodone high. He has taken oxy a few times, and has enjoyed it greatly. Unfortunately, top notch oxycotin (a 215's) are pretty expensive, and he was looking to find similar high with a better bang for buck. Is the switch to H worth it, or should he stick with the oxy?
Old 04-11-2012, 07:55

29 y/o Male from Colombia
animalP should review received reputation comments.
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%
Re: Oxycodone High vs Heroin High?

MMhh,. depends. SWIM cant tall you anything about the effects or differences. SWIM "only" uses Oxy and will stick with it and never "upgrade" to H. Dont know if swiy already using IV or "just" snorting, but keep in mind that with oxys at least its steady, constant "clean" quality and dont need to worry about the degree of pureness. Swim thinks oxy is already a friendly, yet powerful friend. But as said, cant "help" you in regards of giving exp in differences.. Stay Safe buddY

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please do not use SWIM http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197306
Old 04-11-2012, 08:22
Silver Member

27 y/o Female from United States
StarryEyed is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

To the poster above- please do not use the term "swim" the forums have been discouraging this for over 5 years

To the original poster. Since you said your friends had only used oxy " a few times" I personally wouldadvise you not to upgrade to heroin so quickly, the Oxy/heroin high is comparable but moving so quickly to heroin is a bad choice. I have been an opiate user for years and switched to heroin after using other opiates for over 5 years. Moving so quickly to heroin will raise your tolerance, make it so oxy will never be enjoyable again, and probably will develop an addiction quickly.

Please think this through because heroin addiction is no joke, I'm an active addict and life quickly changes in the blink of an eye. Living life as a heroin addict is fun at first but quickly spirals out of control. You go from one day just getting high, to the next sweating cold chills, waking up with your bones aching, your body aching so bad you can't get out of bed without that shot or sniff of dope. The physical withdrawals are horrible and the mental ones are just as bad. You wont be able to get up out of bed in the morning without that next fix. You will do things you never thought you would do for money for that next hit. You will change as a person. Lots of addicts are good people that end up doing terrible things to people they love just for that next shot.

Really consider how your life is now. Do you have shelter, money for fun things, time to spend with your family and friends? Because one you become a heroin addict you have no money for fun things like movies, the internet, going out to eat. You have no time for friends and family because you are spending all your time getting high and getting the money to get high... I could go on forever but I Wont. Please think about the choice you are thinking of making. It could change your life forever. and its all because heroin is THAT good.

heaps and heaps of honesty and useful advice, driven by personal experiences. detail too!

Last edited by StarryEyed; 04-11-2012 at 08:28. Reason: spelling
Old 04-11-2012, 17:25

Ok,. Thanks - acknowledged. Will avoid using that term in the future. Is it OK though writing in first person as you did, or should it rather always be a friend, neighbor, cat, dog.. whatever?

In regards to your post I totally agree and I also can confirm these when I think about the changes I could recognize about some really good persons who mutated to completely helpless zombies..

Therefore "even though" I have no personal Exp, I totally agree with what you said. And these are exactly the reasons why I would never upgrade to H.

Sorry again for wrong posting earlier - Know better now

Y'all StaY SaFe !
Old 04-11-2012, 17:40
Titanium Member

51 y/o Male from United Kingdom
AGV10 is captain of the psychonauts.AGV10 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 200, Level: 2 Points: 200, Level: 2 Points: 200, Level: 2
Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtim View Post
Hello,

A friend was wondering how different the high of heroin differs from the oxycodone high. He has taken oxy a few times, and has enjoyed it greatly. Unfortunately, top notch oxycotin (a 215's) are pretty expensive, and he was looking to find similar high with a better bang for buck. Is the switch to H worth it, or should he stick with the oxy?

Lets take a step back and get this into context. A unique characteristic of H is the speed with which it crosses the blood/brain barrier and binds to opioid receptors - its fast, very fast and its that speed that gives folk what they describe as a "hit' or "buzz" - which in comparison to other opiods also makes H so addictive.

Oxy will not give you that intense hit - even if you inject it - it just doesn't bind fast enough though in comparison to many other opioid meds (but not all) it does bind rather quick. In any event, after a few minutes once the initial buzz or hit has worn down, most addicts report that their is little to no difference between H or Oxycodone. It then comes down to personal preference and availibility.

Ultimately though, it doesn't matter if you use H or Oxycodone you will eventually reach a point after somewhere between 5 - 10years into your addiction, at which you will no longer be experiencing much of a buzz or hit, but find yourself taking the stuff be using the stuff just to be able to get out of bed each day. You will be using it just to feel normal.

The advantage with Oxy? You always know what you are getting. Not the case with H off the street.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:18
Silver Member

In most places the more bang for your buck thing is not going to happen unless you switch to heroin. Its a sad truth that the price of pharmaceuticals are so high vs. street drugs, but unless you live in an area where pills are cheapest then you are either stuck paying, or switching.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:22

Mmh,. if your friend is searchin in that area of products Iam not sure about equivalent bang for less bucks. My teacher is not always on oxy, after a while of pausing he actually is njoying the feeling of tramal and tilidin as well and this is pretty low priced in comparision in his opinion. Remember its not always about going constantly up and brake new records, but like a good rollercoaster. So its actually possible to have fun with these other products as well and enjoy their effects.. This of course implies, that one is able to "stop" reaching for higher altitudes and - to stay in the themepark - after a few loopings one should roll out, wait a few rounds before buying new ticket for the ride and then havin fun with the "new" rise from "almost" the beginning.. Bigger, better, higher at least is not my strategie

'Hope its understandable what my teacher told me last week..' * Stay Safe !
Old 05-11-2012, 03:20
Banned

Male from United States

your teacher has an interesting way of looking at it animalp.

It is a pity that the more reliable and "cleaner" opiates are so much more expensive for so much less. i guess that's the price you pay for security.
Old 05-11-2012, 20:32

My teacher sometimes combines the oxy with a beer or !1! shot of tequila. As known, alcohol boosts the effect of the active pharmaceutical ingredients. Its NOT a general recommendation f,or mixed consumption but since your friend basically asked how to boost the high, thats something which definately goes into that direction..
Old 06-11-2012, 06:38
Silver Member

Female from United States
sarcastabitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1
Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6%

I will make this as short as possible. This is a quote from a friend of mine, who gave me permission to share.

Quote:
I have always been big on opiates and have a high natural tolerance to them and every drug I have tried- which is most. With not having taken any opiates for over a year, it would take me ~60mg of oxycodone to get a really good high. Please make sure that the people you share this with understand that I have a very high natural tolerance to drugs in general, and am not condoning the use of these doses.

As oxycodone has become insanely expensive where I live, plus I am in pain daily from my lordosis, which my doctors will not help me with (a story for another day), I thought I would give heroin a try. I was someone who wanted to try everything at least once; to experience it all. I always told people that "I am choosing to do a stupid thing as intelligently as I can." I always did my research- please practice harm reduction. I am lucky enough to have never had an addiction problem. I had never done anything that made me feel that "OMG- I must have more!" feeling, where I am willing to spend money I didn't have on any sort of drug I've tried; not to say that there aren't a few that I hate saying no to. I decided I would try to shoot up some heroin with a friend, and I will spare you the details, except for this:

Oxycodone- I love it. The warm, fuzzy euphoria everywhere. Heroin- the second I injected it, my heart kind of seized a teeny bit, and as it relaxed to pump blood through me, I could feel it coursing through my body. It was the absolute best feeling I have ever felt (when it comes to drugs), and after almost 10 years, I have not forgotten that feeling. The extent to which I LOVED this feeling scared the shit out of me. I used what I had bought, and have never bought it again. It was the first drug I have ever tried where I felt like I might get addicted. Let me clarify that the few times I injected it was the only way I've ever used it.

Use with caution, please.
TL;DR

As you can see, my friend loves opiates and has done them on many occasions without being unable to say no when the time isn't right. Like nothing else, the heroin scared the shit out of her. I suggest that you take extreme caution if you're going to try/thinking of heroin.

Also, before you take such a big leap, may I suggest (if you haven't) that you try to potentiate your opiates with things like cimetidine, grapefruit juice, loperamide, diphenhydramine- the list goes on and on. UTSE and there is a LOT of information.

ETA: I have also heard from a few friends, if that isn't enough for you, that really, the heroin high is very intense, yet shorter than with oxycodone/other opiate pharms. YMMV, depending on potentiation, administration route, etc.

Last edited by sarcastabitch; 06-11-2012 at 06:41. Reason: clarification
Old 06-11-2012, 17:18
Silver Member

Male from United States
pharmmajor is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyed View Post
To the poster above- please do not use the term "swim" the forums have been discouraging this for over 5 years

To the original poster. Since you said your friends had only used oxy " a few times" I personally wouldadvise you not to upgrade to heroin so quickly, the Oxy/heroin high is comparable but moving so quickly to heroin is a bad choice. I have been an opiate user for years and switched to heroin after using other opiates for over 5 years. Moving so quickly to heroin will raise your tolerance, make it so oxy will never be enjoyable again, and probably will develop an addiction quickly.

Please think this through because heroin addiction is no joke, I'm an active addict and life quickly changes in the blink of an eye. Living life as a heroin addict is fun at first but quickly spirals out of control. You go from one day just getting high, to the next sweating cold chills, waking up with your bones aching, your body aching so bad you can't get out of bed without that shot or sniff of dope. The physical withdrawals are horrible and the mental ones are just as bad. You wont be able to get up out of bed in the morning without that next fix. You will do things you never thought you would do for money for that next hit. You will change as a person. Lots of addicts are good people that end up doing terrible things to people they love just for that next shot.

Really consider how your life is now. Do you have shelter, money for fun things, time to spend with your family and friends? Because one you become a heroin addict you have no money for fun things like movies, the internet, going out to eat. You have no time for friends and family because you are spending all your time getting high and getting the money to get high... I could go on forever but I Wont. Please think about the choice you are thinking of making. It could change your life forever. and its all because heroin is THAT good.
katie, are you saying we dont have to use "my friend" or anything like that when we are talking about ourselves or an other member of the site using drugs?

i understand we shouldnt talk in the first person if we are talking about manufacturing or selling drugs but is it cool to be like "I got high yesterday" or "YOU should take this many milligrams" instead of talking about my friend or the asking members magical pony.

just wanted a definitive answer.
Old 06-11-2012, 17:23
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,740, Level: 21 Points: 21,740, Level: 21 Points: 21,740, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

You can read this thread for further details.http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=197306

You can of course talk about someone elses drugs use if you want, just dont use SWIM.

Avoiding self incrimination is only necessary in drug growing/production forums.
You can talk freely about using drugs.

Last edited by ianzombie; 03-03-2013 at 18:59.
Old 06-11-2012, 17:30
Silver Member

You dont have to say a friend our anything if you don't want. Read the link attached to the 2nd post inn the persons reputation. if I'm taking about ruining around shooting up this that and the other thing, my penguin does those things. But inn a, post like above. I do those things. Be creative you know. Self incrimination is allowed except in the drug creation, and chemistry forums.
Old 09-11-2012, 00:36

Male from Earth
magia is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Everyone, from friends to Doctors to lawyers will tell you, Heroin is way worse than just snorting pills. You can be fairly addicted to oxys and function, heroin you will move into a box under the bridge, sell all your posessions and not give two shits about your friends and family. Stick with the oxys, a lot of people like to smoke pot with them as it seems to help them get to that nodding out and pleasurable state, but there are other things you can consume to make the high better.

Don't do Heroin. Especially if you plan to inject it.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:13
Banned

Male from United States

good to know about the self-incrimination stuff. thanks

so i was really convinced to stick with oxy, but with thanksgiving break and all coming up, and me being at the last of my cash till then, i didn't wanna have to roll on 5 oxycotin's for 3 weeks. Got some black tar, gonna smoke some of it tonight. thanks all for your advice, i'll probably end up wishing i'd stuck with oxy. c'est la vie i guess.

why would you bother wasting our time for advice then doing the exact opposite? you sir, just wasted my time reading this thread.
Old 03-03-2013, 18:15
Silver Member

37 y/o Male from United Kingdom
80808 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

If you need a bunch of strangers to tell you if abusing heroin is a good idea or not, then you are either too young or too unintelligent (as I once were) to make the decision. As you are already here asking people their advice, it seems almost inevitable that you will try heroin as you have the motivation and intrigue just as I did when I was your age to try to find out about it........... Im guessing you're between 16 and 20??

The obvious answer is heroin will almost certainty destroy your life. Note I didnt say would, I said will, as Im confident its the route you will choose. If you love oxy, heroin is a very similar drug but much cheaper. You dont need me or anyone else to tell you.

House, car, nice girlfriend, self respect, good job, holidays, mates or

park bench, homeless being pissed on while some dude videos it cos pissing on the homeless smack head is funny, sucking a bit of cock for a bag and remembering to always answers "Fine" whenever someone cares enough to ask how you are.

The choice is yours, if you were my kid it would break my heart that you would go near opiods. Hope you make the right choice.

cautionary warnings, if not a little harsh.
Old 03-03-2013, 18:38
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Australia
Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,034, Level: 4 Points: 1,034, Level: 4 Points: 1,034, Level: 4
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianzombie View Post
Self incrimination is only necessary in drug growing/production forums.
Am I the only one who noticed the inverted statement here? For the record:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drugs Forums Gods and Moderators paraphrased by Tigey
Avoiding self incrimination is only necessary in drug growing/production forums.
As it's been said a thousand times elsewhere, you're encouraged to be honest and share personal experiences. While I don't want to get off-subject, the burden of proof required to prove that someone on an internet forum was telling the truth and to tie them into an IP address (remember DF servers aren't even in the USA), let alone a real person in the WWW (World-Wide World) is so high as to be beyond unlikely. Added to that, that any story could be made up, talking about a friend, talking about something that was thought about but never happened, or happened in a dream, or in another country or jurisdiction, or which can't be proven from available evidence, and the cost of a trial and likelihood of a conviction - everyone is safe(ish).

example:

Do say:

I tried oxycontin and liked it - I'm thinking of trying heroin but not sure about the pitfalls and addiction potential. Any advice?

Don't say:

My name is Judas Iscariot, I live at 1 Hanging Tree, Akeldama, Israel, and I'm planning to do 28 x 15mg of oxycontin (targin, which I'm going to steal off this Jesus bloke who keeps wandering around the streets here. I'm nicking it at 8pm on Friday on Copper Street, and then going to sell whatever I have left at Leprosy Lane. Then I'm going to grab fifty dollars from my gran's purse (that's grannie Martha, not granny Mary - the one who lives on Hearth Street) and shoot up some horse from a street dealer... with a browning automatic.

hopefully the difference is clear!

For the record, talking about prices or where your meth lab is located will get you a quick interview with Ban Hammer. I've heard most people interviewed are accepted on the spot.

|Just for the record, methamphetamine has not much to do with this sub-forum. Please stop rambling like this. You've thrown around a few slurs.

Share this on:

Tags
drug comparisons, heroin, heroin compared to other drugs, oxycodone, oxycodone comparisons