Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Oxycodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 30-10-2012, 23:14
Banned

26 y/o Male from United States
kickout1234kickout should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Is it safe to snort m 05 35- 5mg oxycodone

I have a few m 05 52 Oxycodone pills which are white and 5mg. My friend says it is okay to snort these since they have no acetaminophen in them, so I snorted one yesterday and felt great. I looked the pill up on a pill identifier site and found there are some inactive ingredients such as microcrystalline cellulose, lactose monohydrate, and stearic acid. I assume these are binders. Does any one know if these inactive ingredients would stay in the nose and be harmful if snorted in small doses on rare occasions? And what would be the effects on the nose if snorted often, about 4 times a week? Thanks.
Old 31-10-2012, 02:40
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

22 y/o Female from United States
Bananarama21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%
Re: Is it safe to snort m 05 35- 5mg oxycodone

If it is only on rare occasions you will be okay and not cause any damage. Just be careful and try not to over do it. I snort about 5 30mg pills daily and lately I've been having a lot of sinus issues. The insides of my nostrils are super scabbed up and painful. But like I said, that's from several times daily usage. But no, doing so every once in a while will not cause any significant damage. Reguardless, it is still bad for you & over time the powder can build up in your lungs whether it's daily or occasionally, but you will be okay from doing only sometimes.
Old 31-10-2012, 23:03
Banned

26 y/o Male from United States
kickout1234kickout should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

How many times in 4 months is considered rare? Also how long have been snorting and how often?
Old 01-11-2012, 08:02
On Hiatus

Male from United States
baZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,642, Level: 11 Points: 6,642, Level: 11 Points: 6,642, Level: 11
Activity: 19.6% Activity: 19.6% Activity: 19.6%
It really depends on your physiology and your nose care, but "rare" does not translate to "a few times a week." Just use some common sense. If you are only snorting it a couple of times a month with ample time in between and are taking care of your nose and sinuses by flushing regularly with saline spray (or at least doing so before and after snorting), then you'll probably be okay. When you are completely done for the night, a small amount of petroleum jelly (Vaseline) lightly applied in a ring just inside your nostrils will help protect them from drying out.

Unless you have allergies, the generic manufacturer of the pill makes very little difference in its effect on your nose, other than the amount of powder you end up with. I would hazard a guess that most of them contain fairly similar ingredients, but I could be wrong on that point.

Small amounts of binders and fillers are indeed likely to get caught in your nose and get stuck there for quite a while if you do nothing about it. That's part of why you want to rinse thoroughly with either homemade or store-bought saline solution. I would think that most binders and fillers are unlikely to ACTIVELY cause much damage (like burn through your nose); the problems come more from things drying out and the inherent risks in willingly putting a foreign body in an orifice it's not meant to go in. If pills are not crushed finely enough it can be hard on the inside of your nose as the mucous membranes are pretty soft and a tad bit delicate... Snorting chunks of pills that aren't well powdered is like snorting little pieces of plastic. I know people who are not regular users who have gotten nosebleeds after one poorly cut line and I assume they got scratched from a jagged piece of a pill. I'm also quite certain that in a lot of cases, issues arise from the sheer amount of powder some users shove up their nose on a daily basis, which anyone with a brain could imagine isn't exactly healthy.

There are other little measures you can take to protect both your nose and your general health when snorting. "Do not ever share straws/other snorting implements" is the golden rule of intranasal drug use," IMO. It is entirely possible to contract certain communicable diseases through sharing straws, Hep C being one of them. In addition, don't let your drugs or nose come in direct contact with any paper currency. Do you know how fucking disgusting bills are? Especially dollar bills, which could have passed through thousands upon thousands of hands before you or come straight from a stripper's ass crack. Never. Use. Dollar. Bills. for anything related to insufflating drugs. If you MUST use currency to aid in crushing or actually snort it, use the highest denomination you possibly can, as these are circulated less. Honestly, though, it would be much healthier to spend 15 minutes and a few bucks to go to the nearest grocery/drug store and get a box of straws that will last you a year.

With regards to the last point, it's good that you're only snorting a single 5mg pill from a nose health standpoint as it should theoretically be less powder than higher doses. (Is that correct? One 5mg pill? That's what it sounds like.) However, if you are able to get high on 5mg of oxycodone, that says to me that you are either a fairly new or infrequent user, you've just finished a VERY long break from opioids if you've used before, or you have some rare medical condition. I'm going to assume its not the latter.

As a fair word of warning, in my personal experience and from anecdotal evidence, it seems that the less time a particular ROA takes for effects to set in, the quicker it will raise your tolerance (at least in the case of opiates). I'm sure snorting seems like a perfect solution now, but it probably won't seem that way when you're trying to somehow fit 60mg of oxycodone and all the binders it comes with up your nose because you can't even catch a buzz from eating it anymore. Or worse still, when snorting stops working and you find yourself actually considering the needle, whether or not you actually do it. To be frank, unless you're incredibly cautious, those scenarios can be all but an inevitability for many users, at least eventually.

You asked in your first post about the kind of damage "about 4 times a week" would cause to your nose. Maybe that was just hypothetical, but if you were planning on snorting oxycodone every other day, the damage to your nose would be the LEAST of your concerns. With some exceptions, most people I know starting doing opiates once a month or less, and even still (again, in most cases) it's startling how quickly it turned from once a month to once a week to once a day to all day. For a lot of addicts I know at home, it seems that the point it reached every other day was the point it got too difficult to control because if you do it sooner than you intend, all of a sudden it's a daily thing and you didn't even realize. I would think really hard about how often you really want to be using if I were you, because if you make the wrong choice now then before you know it you could have no say in the matter at all.

Be well...

We are, of course, here if you have anymore questions.

Last edited by baZING; 01-11-2012 at 08:12.
Old 01-11-2012, 18:53
Titanium Member

50 y/o Male from United Kingdom
AGV10 is captain of the psychonauts.AGV10 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 200, Level: 2 Points: 200, Level: 2 Points: 200, Level: 2
Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickout1234kickout View Post
I have a few m 05 52 Oxycodone pills which are white and 5mg. My friend says it is okay to snort these since they have no acetaminophen in them, so I snorted one yesterday and felt great. I looked the pill up on a pill identifier site and found there are some inactive ingredients such as microcrystalline cellulose, lactose monohydrate, and stearic acid. I assume these are binders. Does any one know if these inactive ingredients would stay in the nose and be harmful if snorted in small doses on rare occasions? And what would be the effects on the nose if snorted often, about 4 times a week? Thanks.
Nope - won't accumulate in your nasal passages, but will accumulate in your lungs.

The problem is that while you are currently snorting 5mg +/-4x's/per week, you won't be snorting 5mg +/-4x's/per week in a year or so's time: you'll be snorting 4 x 5mg +/-4x's/per day. Why? because your present occasional recreational use will develope over time into a full blown addiction as your tolerance increases ...... and if a got a $1 for each time I heard folk say, "....... oh, but no - I won't let that happen to me", I'd be fairly well off by now.

It will happen and the quantity of the stuff then accumulating in your lungs has a very real risk of negative effects to your health over the long term.
Old 05-03-2014, 23:17
Mercury Member

33 y/o Female from United States
swishntoss needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananarama21 View Post
If it is only on rare occasions you will be okay and not cause any damage. Just be careful and try not to over do it. I snort about 5 30mg pills daily and lately I've been having a lot of sinus issues. The insides of my nostrils are super scabbed up and painful. But like I said, that's from several times daily usage. But no, doing so every once in a while will not cause any significant damage. Reguardless, it is still bad for you & over time the powder can build up in your lungs whether it's daily or occasionally, but you will be okay from doing only sometimes.
Dude. That's easy to avoid. Just stick the straw farther up your nose. You don't want it in your nostrils anyways. You want it in your sinus's.

And I know this is an old thread. It's all google seems to be pulling up for me. And I'm a bigmouth so I like replying to old shit.

Post Quality Evaluations:
The person you are replying to has not logged on in over a year. Instead of using google use the sites search engine or check dates.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:09

Male from United States
CandieFlipp is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Yes, it is safe to snort. Note to not make a habit of this, because the fillers and binders within the pill will take a toll on your mucosa. Nobody wants a big hole in their nose! Have fun, be safe, and be responsible!

Share this on:

Tags
snorting oxycodone