Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 30-10-2012, 08:46
Silver Member

Male from United States
diamondsarewhatever is a decent psychonaut.
Meth use relating to Gout

Late night of youTube brought Swim to a cartoon vid of Weed vs. Meth, debating who should be legalized. and it's crazy bc one of the first things that animated, lovely looking shard said, SWIM HAS ALWAYS said and used as a form of addiction denial, hah.

In the video, the shard mentions "..doctors say it cures gout.."

Swim gets chronic gout, usually after a binge. Funny enough, the only cure to take the fucking crazy pain is...to go on another binge.

SWIM has always tried to research online about this matter, but you know how much the internet loves conservatively straight up hating on meth users, flooding google searches with overly exaggerated, discouraging "REAL FACTS ABOUT METH USE AND ITS EFFECTS" and fail to provide informative shit.

plz reply if any yall swim homies can relate, preciate it.
Old 30-10-2012, 11:38
Palladium Member

Female from Earth
Calliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline Medline
Points: 3,580, Level: 8 Points: 3,580, Level: 8 Points: 3,580, Level: 8
Activity: 5.4% Activity: 5.4% Activity: 5.4%
Re: Meth use relating to Gout

Gout is a condition associated with very high levels of uric acid in the body crystallizing on joints, tendons and tissues. This causes very bad inflammation which makes for pretty serious pain. The reasons for the crystallization are not understood very well. It would surprise me if simply using methamphetamine actually had a positive effect on that underlying cause of the pain of your attacks (the crystallizations in your tissues, and inflammation). It may be possible it somehow does, but I can find no evidence supporting the idea (granted this is nowhere near definitive...)

I'm not a hater at all, seriously, but there are reasons use of meth may trigger a gout attack in the first place: meth raises your blood pressure and generally your level of stress; heavy meth use is also very hard on your kidneys and depresses your immune system -- these effects could all be tied to your having attacks. In the long term, the meth use is not going to be good for the gout, or for your general health. Don't mean to be a downer, or in any way tell you what to do, just pointing out that these are real risks and connections you should consider.

I can think of a couple reasons why further meth use might temporarily help during an episode -- first getting high on a strong stimulant is going to make pain feel less intense in general, the euphoria will distract and lessen the pain sensation. Also, more speculative, episodes of gout are known to sometimes be relieved by restricting food intake, and usually people using meth are not eating a lot. Maybe this is happening with you during a second binge?

be safe. =)

Post Quality Evaluations:
Perfect answer. I love that SuperNews cartoon but it was a hypothetical. I mean the shard says, "If doctors say it cured gout, why can't Grandma gack out on some tweak!?" It was "if" as in "what if".
Old 30-10-2012, 20:50
Silver Member

Male from United States
diamondsarewhatever is a decent psychonaut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
Gout is a condition associated with very high levels of uric acid in the body crystallizing on joints, tendons and tissues. This causes very bad inflammation which makes for pretty serious pain. The reasons for the crystallization are not understood very well. It would surprise me if simply using methamphetamine actually had a positive effect on that underlying cause of the pain of your attacks (the crystallizations in your tissues, and inflammation). It may be possible it somehow does, but I can find no evidence supporting the idea (granted this is nowhere near definitive...)

I'm not a hater at all, seriously, but there are reasons use of meth may trigger a gout attack in the first place: meth raises your blood pressure and generally your level of stress; heavy meth use is also very hard on your kidneys and depresses your immune system -- these effects could all be tied to your having attacks. In the long term, the meth use is not going to be good for the gout, or for your general health. Don't mean to be a downer, or in any way tell you what to do, just pointing out that these are real risks and connections you should consider.

I can think of a couple reasons why further meth use might temporarily help during an episode -- first getting high on a strong stimulant is going to make pain feel less intense in general, the euphoria will distract and lessen the pain sensation. Also, more speculative, episodes of gout are known to sometimes be relieved by restricting food intake, and usually people using meth are not eating a lot. Maybe this is happening with you during a second binge?

be safe. =)
Yeah, well I think it's a given that a meth habit isn't good for anyones health haha. Thanks for the quick definition of what gout is. Being that I experience chronic gout episodes, I tend to forget even whilst experiencing the excruciating pain only those who have had gout know of.

I rarely stay ignorant. I had no questions about gout in general, or for that matter, any concerns of what my.. FRIENDs health and body are going through and why. It's common sense that my friends body being malnourished because of lack of sleep can have an affect on the stamina of my friends immune system in general.

and secondly, my Friend isn't a tweaker (contrary to popular definition). I've graduated and eat regularly. Try to get at least an hour of sleep. Doesn't go on more than two night runs anymore.

Back to what the topic of the thread is supposed to be before you and I both segwayed it elsewhere..

my friend wanted insight from a frequent user who frequently gets gout and what that they know bout it bout it ya digggg
Old 30-10-2012, 21:27
Silver Member

Female from United States
JoyfulLife is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 318, Level: 2 Points: 318, Level: 2 Points: 318, Level: 2
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

I apologize for going onto that segway, because I know you want info from people who use and have gout, I don't fit into both of the categories, however, I do have a question.
You said you..your friend isn't a tweaker because he eats, sleeps etc..so the definition of a tweaker is that you just stay spun 24/7 never eat, sleep come down etc?
Thats beautiful..cuz I eat, sleep, never stay up for more than 2 days at MAX and thats not often, work, drink water and live my life. I just happen to live in the upper atmosphere most of the time.

Anyway, thank you for letting me interupt. : )
Old 12-11-2012, 15:57
Silver Member

Female from United States
midlifer is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 324, Level: 2 Points: 324, Level: 2 Points: 324, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I'm not sure what gout is, will have to look it up, but I notice my ankles are very swollen. I don't know if it's because of something in the meth, or if it's because I've been sitting at my computer for so many hours upon hours without much sleeping.

Share this on:

Tags
methamphetamine