Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Kratom
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 21-10-2012, 00:13
Silver Member

Male from United States
seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.
Points: 1,361, Level: 5 Points: 1,361, Level: 5 Points: 1,361, Level: 5
Activity: 9.7% Activity: 9.7% Activity: 9.7%
First experience with Maeng Da Kratom

I've been using 10-11 g of Bali Kratom almost everyday for awhile now, and haven't tried any new strains in a long time. My vendor recently started selling Maeng Da and I ordered a bit since it's one of the more popular strains based on what I've read.

No drugs were used prior to the Kratom besides some Cannabis about 7 hours before.

I ingested 10.6 g of Maeng Da crushed leaf powder in about 15 minutes on an empty stomach ending at 6:02 pm, started watching a movie while waiting for the effects to come on. The taste and texture was more bearable than Bali during the toss n wash, making Maeng Da the easiest strain to toss n wash that I've tried.

6:15 pm, t+13: Smoking a few hits of Cannabis, which is what I usually do when I take Kratom to avoid nausea. Definitely noticing the stimulating effects at this point.

6:32 pm, t+30: Definitely feeling the first waves of euphoria, very nice buzz. Stimulation is noticeable but mild like with Bali.

6:50 pm, t+48: Already feeling a strong buzz and sedation. Eating dinner.

7:07 pm, t+65: Have begun to nod off, feels very clean and euphoric, this is potent Kratom. Still got about an hour of coming up so hard to tell the differences between Bali and Maeng Da at this point.

7:16 pm, t+74: Got so close to passing out I had to walk around to stay awake. This is strongly sedating, perhaps took a bit too much if I'm almost passing out well before the peak. It's been a long day though so that's probably part of the reason.

7:29 pm, t+87: In bed lying down, this is like the first time I took Kratom. Probably passing out.

2:31 am, T+8.5 hours: Woke up from the Maeng Da induced coma, feel very well rested and still have a decent Kratom buzz going. That was the first time since I was a newbie to Kratom that I passed out before the peak which usually occurs from 2-3 hours after dosing. I had no choice to lie down since I was so heavily sedated and also somewhat dizzy, but once I was in bed the experience was great, as strong as any opiate experience I've ever had. Maeng Da is definitely stronger than Bali by weight though I think the effects are roughly similar. I think Maeng Da might be less stimulating and more sedating than Bali but it'll take a few more experiments with lower and more reasonable doses to assess that. Next time I take it I'm only going to take about 7 grams.

Last edited by seaturtle; 21-10-2012 at 08:47.
Old 21-10-2012, 04:10
Banned

23 y/o Male from Niger
Tripdisaster is a decent psychonaut.
Re: First experience with Maeng Da Kratom

Waiting for the rest of the report.
I would like to know how much more potent Maeng Da is compared to Bali. When my tolerance is low I take 5g and I get a strong effect from it. I bet you probably got very strong effect from almost 11g of Maeng Da unless your tolerance is quite high. Personally if I dont feel much from 5g I reduce the dose for a few days until my tolerance lower.

So if your are able to approximatly compare ◊ grams of Maeng Da to how many grams of Bali. I would really like to know.

Thank you

2h later: I guess you blacked out in your bed I hope you had a good time.

Last edited by Phenoxide; 26-10-2012 at 15:16. Reason: post restored
Old 21-10-2012, 08:41
Silver Member

Male from United States
seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripdisaster View Post
Waiting for the rest of the report.
I would like to know how much more potent Maeng Da is compared to Bali. When my tolerance is low I take 5g and I get a strong effect from it. I bet you probably got very strong effect from almost 11g of Maeng Da unless your tolerance is quite high. Personally if I dont feel much from 5g I reduce the dose for a few days until my tolerance lower.

So if your are able to approximatly compare ◊ grams of Maeng Da to how many grams of Bali. I would really like to know.

Thank you

2h later: I guess you blacked out in your bed I hope you had a good time.
Yup the effects were very strong even though I am a daily Kratom user, I probably won't be taking this much Maeng Da again. I would say Maeng Da is at least 1.5 X stronger than Bali based on this first experience, but it'll take a few more experiments to really nail down the ratio, especially considering I blacked out in my bed before peak effects this time
Old 21-10-2012, 19:55
Banned

Male from United States
LittleBigDave needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 124, Level: 1 Points: 124, Level: 1 Points: 124, Level: 1
Activity: 16.5% Activity: 16.5% Activity: 16.5%

What do you get out of taking it daily? I bought some, I have had it 3 days in a row now and frankly I am already pretty much bored of it. I don't see what it has to offer that would give it every day appeal. What does it do for you, every day, that your day would lack without it, or that something else couldn't provide?
Old 21-10-2012, 20:37
Banned

23 y/o Male from Niger

^ Daily use of Kratom can provide pain relief and antidepressant effect even if it doesnt get you high anymore.

Old 21-10-2012, 20:41
Banned

Male from United States
LittleBigDave needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Quote:
^ Daily use of Kratom can provide pain relief and antidepressant effect even if it doesnt get you high anymore.

So that would be the OP's answer, "daily use is to provide pain relief and as an antidepressant". But I don't think he or she mentions either of those things. I may have missed it. It must be something like. Surely it can't be for recreation.

Last edited by LittleBigDave; 21-10-2012 at 20:43. Reason: add stuff
Old 21-10-2012, 20:43
Banned

23 y/o Male from Niger

This is my answer not the OP one, sorry if you only wanted his answer.

Old 21-10-2012, 20:44
Banned

Male from United States

Quote:
This is my answer not the OP one, sorry if you only wanted his answer.
I was just curious as to why he did it everyday. Just particularly his answer cause its his thread.
Old 21-10-2012, 21:52
Silver Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBigDave View Post
What do you get out of taking it daily? I bought some, I have had it 3 days in a row now and frankly I am already pretty much bored of it. I don't see what it has to offer that would give it every day appeal. What does it do for you, every day, that your day would lack without it, or that something else couldn't provide?
Kratom has never gotten boring for me. I use it to unwind at the end of the day, it puts me in a state of peace and enjoyment that other drugs just don't give me. I love how it gives me energy for a couple hours so I can get some important tasks done, and then it floats me off to dreamland (at least with Bali, Maeng Da seems to have little stimulation). The other aspect is that I'm addicted, like other substances which act on the opioid receptors Kratom is habit forming. If I didn't take it for a day the next day would be extremely stressful, so you could say I take it as an anti-depressant as well. If it didn't get me high I would quit since being addicted isn't a good state of mind to be in for nothing, but it still works and I still love it. I'm also prone to picking up my old habits of drinking too much, bingeing on adderall, and experimenting too much with drugs in general when I don't take Kratom... I'd rather just eat a little bit of Kratom and be satisfied rather than run the risk of going out and ending up hungover or strung out. My life has improved drastically since I started using Kratom, I basically don't drink or binge on anything, and the lack of getting wasted has led to me exercising everyday and keeping an intense focus on the research for my job.
Old 22-10-2012, 08:41
Banned

Male from United States

Wicked. I can't fault that. If it does all that for you then you are lucky to have it. Well played.
Old 22-10-2012, 18:43
Silver Member

67 y/o Male from United States
UpstairsRichie is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

I bought 28 grams of Maeng Da Kratom. Received it on Friday, October 19th.
I was looking for something to help me stop drinking alcoholic beverages.
A little background: Iím 65. This is my 5th round of sobriety.

I was totally sober for 8 years. Each round of sobriety lasted about 7-8 years. My grandfather, great grandfather, and father were alcoholic
(German beer brewers). I started losing my eyesight due to Macular Degeneration in 1998, and struggled with the companying depression. The disease runs in my family (genetics), so I saw my aunts, grandmother and mother lose their visionÖSo I was pretty well prepared, or so I thought. The short story, Ibecame suicidal, and threw in the towel and started drinking. Had a couple of episodes, in which I ended up hospitalized. Last May I was taken to a hospital, when I passed out in a taxi, was unresponsive, my heart stopped and started. I was kept over night, and told I should really stop drinking, as one of these times I would not wake up.

My alcohol consumption was a 6 pack or 2 a day, a bottle of wine, every couple of days, and a bottle of Blue Sapphire once a week.
I was down to 3-4 beers a day, decided to get on the sobriety bus again. Researched Kratom, found this site.

I had never used Kratom at allÖso I started with a small cup of tea (4-5 oz.) w/ 1/2 teaspoon of powder in it. I was pleasantly surpassed by one of the side effects of the tea. It alleviated arthritic pain in my neck, lower, back and knees, within 30 minutes of drinking it.

Iíve taken it the past 4 days, increasing the dose. Iím now using 2 teaspoons of powder in 12 oz. of water. I have not even thought of drinking alcohol, since Friday. A friend of mine had told me a horror story about Kratom use. One of his friends, is heavily addicted to it. His wife is leaving him.
He started drinking after 40 years. Personally, I donít think it has anything to do with the Kratom.

Iím not looking to get high, just sober, and this seems to be working. I have a very addictive nature, and am watching my intake of the stuff.

Hope this helps some fellow alcoholics/alcohol users.

Iíll keep posting progress if there is interest.

Regards,
Upstairs Richie
Old 16-11-2012, 00:19

25 y/o Male from Canada
Legalhighbyby should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Same here, yesterday I Tried maeng da kratom for the first time. 8 30 I took 1 tablespoon of kratom and mixed with cranberry juice. 9 00 I really started to feel strong euphoria and very speedy. I would honestly compare my experience with MDMA just not nearly as strong. I could feel a rush coming on all through my body. 10 00pm still a lot of euphoria and a little sedating at the same time. For some reason I craved ciggerates like crazy on it. The effects lasted till 1 00 pm but probably longer due to having to go to work the next day. The next morning though I had a sip of caffeine and I was very happy and jittery and that's not normal cause I'm a big coffee drinker, but I really like it alot and I worked like a champ to.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:15

26 y/o Male from United States
Toad4987 needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

seaturtle... do you take breaks or do you take kratom daily. What times do you take it, strictly at night? no morning withdrawals. I too feel that kratom has helped my life a ton though I am looking for more of a dose and schedule. I find myself trying to take as little as possible to ease anxiety and then i look back and took a ton of capsules during the day. I would like to wake up take a certain dose and get to work. The most i have ever taken at once is 12 capsules about 6 months ago and that made me feel wasted.. i realize i think its only 6 g's tho...

Share this on:

Tags
bali kratom, cannabis, euphoria, kratom, kratom strains, maeng da kratom, passing out, sedation, stimulant