Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 20-10-2012, 00:45

Male from Canada
burner habit is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Seasoned user, what to do if there are no veins left in the arms?

I know this is probably useless, but i was wondering if anyone knows any tricks for someonw who has used all of their veins in their arms arms and nothing is left? even the veins in their hands are so smalls its a miss ninety per cent of the time? this person is getting so frusturated, they are almost going to their neck or foot? any tips at all would be appreiciated? When blood comes in it looks ok ,or its really slow. I try as hard as i can and i miss every time, swells up really big bc the veins are so small and or theres so much scar tissue. what do i do besides my neck/groin or other places on my body???
Old 20-10-2012, 02:15
Silver Member

38 y/o Male from United States
JJ1234 is captain of the psychonauts.JJ1234 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Seasoned user, what to do if there are no veins left in the arms?

First advice is quit. Now I know that isn't likely so if you can put up with the cost smoke or sniff it. Your veins are collapsed and you want to keep shooting in them I get that but unless you truly want to die then try another ROA. Maybe even sub-q(skin popping) or IM.

Sorry I know you have probably considered this and once you go IV it's hard to go back but you got to draw the line somewhere.

Edit: Forget the skin popping! I see that is wrong now. IDK if a 0.02 micron wheel filter would help or not though for this. Thanks Soma!

Last edited by JJ1234; 20-10-2012 at 02:58.
Old 20-10-2012, 02:48
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 578, Level: 3 Points: 578, Level: 3 Points: 578, Level: 3
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ1234 View Post
First advice is quit. Now I know that isn't likely so if you can put up with the cost smoke or sniff it. Your veins are collapsed and you want to keep shooting in them I get that but unless you truly want to die then try another ROA. Maybe even sub-q(skin popping) or IM.

Sorry I know you have probably considered this and once you go IV it's hard to go back but you got to draw the line somewhere.
Definitely do NOT subcutaneously or intramuscularly shoot heroin. Because it's from the street, you don't know what's in it. Germs or particles that your body will not process easily without being able to pump them to the liver could potentially be in the shot. The risk of infection as the shot sits in your muscle tissue or under the skin becomes fairly high, especially if you prepared your shot using tap water or even bottled water. Intravenous injection is really the safest way to inject, if you must inject.

Like JJ said, another ROA would be the safest way to go. Dissolving the dope in water and snorting or plugging it are fairly safe, with the plugging even giving some people a bit of a rush.

However, you said that only your arm veins are gone, and I am guessing you will probably inject regardless. So I'll give some advice. Injecting into the leg is not the safest thing, but it is safer than using your feet, for a few reasons.

1. Shots are less likely to miss into an artery, generally, farther up the limbs and closer to the heart.
2. Veins are larger in your legs, compared to the feet, so it's less likely you'll miss.
3. The feet are usually fairly dirty and sweaty places, meaning that even if you don't miss, the injection site in the feet could still become infected. This risk is lower for the legs.

Check out the vein chart I posted below. You'll see that there are some fairly large veins running down the thigh and calf. I would recommend that you avoid the femoral vein, because it is a deep vein. Even the "superficial femoral vein" is a deep vein, which is confusing, but that's just how it is. This means it will be harder to hit, and the risk of thrombosis/blood clots are higher and can be fatal. Additionally, it's right next to the femoral artery, and hitting that can be fatal as well.

The superficial vein running down the side of the calf can usually be seen by most people, and is a large vein that is fairly easy to hit. Always check the blood when you register to make sure you don't hit an artery, though. Leg veins can be difficult to spot, so it might help to do some deep knee bends, jumping jacks, even jogging to get the blood pumping and make them more visible. But use extreme caution if you do try to hit a vein anywhere on your leg, because a miss or an artery hit will be much less forgiving than in the arms.

Does that help at all, OP? Post a reply if you have more questions.

Also, I linked this picture, but if a seasoned user can PM and point me in the direction of instructions for uploading pics in threads, I'd be thankful. I can't figure out how to do it from the upload stuff I've read.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good harm reduction advice ,non judgemental too.
Old 20-10-2012, 03:16
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Are all the veins in the arm collapsed, or just the crook of the elbow ones?

Especially as a male, you should have easier access to veins in your forearm. As a thicker girl, I can't find these veins easily, though I've had doctors ( my dentist, specifically) find a good one on the top of my forearm with no effort at all. I've seen friends inject in the side of their arm; they usually bend their arm so their fist is next to their shoulder (if that makes sense?) and then hit a vein there. And by "there", I mean in the part of the forearm that's now visible, not into the fist. haha.

Another girlfriend of mine injects into her bicep.

I recommend you try all the tricks for boosting your veins before moving to different areas. Make sure you're well-hydrated (this plumps up your veins), try a hot shower (a heating pad on the area you want to inject into can help, but the shower usually works better), a bit of exercise in the arm area. PROPER use of a tourniquet can help too - make SURE to loosen it up BEFORE you inject, lest you blow the vein.

Actually, I *really* recommend that you quit, or at least quit injecting, but it sounds like that's not likely. Switching to another RoA for a while would really help. Going to detox for a week usually helped my veins heal a bit, though then you have to worry about OD when you get out - NEVER inject the same amount you did before you went in when you get out! The only time I went out was when I ignored this advice. It not only was a waste of dope, but if my friends hadn't been their with vials of Narcan, it would have been a waste of a life. If nothing else, follow that advice!!

All the best,

~Kailey
Old 20-10-2012, 07:34

Male from Canada
burner habit is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Thanks so much everyone. I've never posted here before its really nice to get a reply so quickly.

First off, quitting is definitely not out of the question. This person has done it before and will keep trying until they're successful. Also, she would never use as much as before after treatment. But she wants to wait until she really is ready this time bf going through that again.

In the meantime, yes, she has used all her arm veins, everything, all the side ones, the one at the top of the arm, everything. Every once and a while she will get one but its rare.

She really appreciates that advice about the leg and where to go, thank you for the map. and as far as snorting and smoking goes, she has considered both but with smoking gets so sick she always is puking and snorting feels like such a waste.

Thank you very much everyone, any advice anyone else has would be appreciated. And, dont worry, always use clean everything, including sterile water. Very careful.
Old 20-10-2012, 14:23
Gold Member

kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute

She should give plugging a try, then. Basically, set up the shot as normal, only stick it up your butt instead of sticking it in a vein. It goes without saying, you take the needle off the syringe first! haha!

If it's not easy to get one of the rigs that come apart (insulin syringes are the most common in most areas of the States, I dunno how it is in Canada), you can either order some online, or get an oral syringe from the drugstore. It's usually in the baby care aisle, and either look like a traditional syringe (with a much bigger barrel) or like a mini turkey baster. either will work.

Works best after a bowel movement, just to make sure nothing's in the way, if you know what I mean. She'll want to add a bit more water than she would for an IV shot, but the rectum is a very efficient mucus membrane whose JOB is to suck up water. If that water contains opioids, it's good to go! This bypasses much of 1st pass metabolism, just as IV injection does.

~Kailey

Post Quality Evaluations:
Plugging was overlooked. Nice addition!
Old 21-10-2012, 02:21
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from Scotland
Jimmy11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

At the moment swim is going in his fingers.There so easy to get are fairly stable.You will have some fairly good veins around the bottom knuckle both on the inside and outside of your finger.swim used to go in his feet a lot but it can be quite sore even when you don't miss.
As someone said the calf and leg veins are very good but be careful with clots and such.What swim used to do after he went in his legs was lie back and put his legs in the air to aid blood flow.Hope this helps.
Old 21-10-2012, 04:40

21 y/o Male from USA - New Jersey
Dylan Haze is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

swim knows homies that shoot between the fingers, top of the hand, ankles, top of feet, thighs, and sometimes even in the neck. and if your a guy even in the dick o_O
Old 21-10-2012, 16:38
Gold Member

Injecting into your penis can cause permanent impotence, or permanent erection. Neither is a good thing.

Injecting into the fingers is also a bad idea; these veins are even tinier than the ones in the hand. Just as with the ones in the hand, they appear big & juicy because they are so close to the surface. They are, in fact, small & tiny & incredibly difficult to inject into properly. Sure, some people seem to pull it off, but a miss in this area could leave you without use of the digit for an unknown amount of time - perhaps permanently. If she's already having trouble injecting properly into the top of the hand, the fingers are absolutely out of the question.

There are some decent ones in the wrist/side of the hand that can be better/easier than the ones on top of the hand. Needless to say, NEVER attempt the veins in the underside of the wrist - these are ridiculously tiny.

I really highly suggest plugging for a while, to give the veins a break. Or perhaps an inpatient detox for a week. What about at least taking a week off by using Suboxone or something to stay well?

~Kailey
Old 21-10-2012, 16:55
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from England
westie420uk is on the way upwestie420uk is on the way upwestie420uk is on the way upwestie420uk is on the way up
Points: 575, Level: 3 Points: 575, Level: 3 Points: 575, Level: 3
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%

My friend found that sitting in a hot bath helped to bring his veins up. I know running a bath can take time & would be the last thing on your mind when you want a hit, but you could run it before you go out to score. Just remember to turn the water off before you leave!
Old 21-10-2012, 17:07
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Shigeru is captain of the psychonauts.Shigeru is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 234, Level: 2 Points: 234, Level: 2 Points: 234, Level: 2
Activity: 6.5% Activity: 6.5% Activity: 6.5%

I knew a guy who used to shoot up in his femoral artery about 6 inches below his crotch on the inside of his leg. He'd just drop his pants in the car and shoot up if we were out doing cocaine or crank. It looked like he had a permanent hole he stuck the needle in. My veins are long gone but I would never do it there.

I have a vein in the crook of my elbow I used to use all the time that is tough as a garden hose. A dentist tried to hit me in it when I was getting teeth pulled and he was unable to push the needle in no matter how hard he tried. He referred to it as being sclerosed and asked me if I had any better ones in the other arm. I knew before he even tried it he wasn't going to be able to get a needle in but didn't want to say anything. It was embarrassing...not to mention it hurt like hell when he was trying to get it pushed in.

I'd stop shooting dope if I were you before it progresses to that kind of thing.

Share this on:

Tags
heroin, heroin injection, heroin injection sites, injecting, intravenous drug use, intravenous help, intravenous heroin, vein damage, vein damage from injecting, vein health, vein locations

Sitelinks: Information: