Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals > Tryptamines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Tryptamines Tryptamines and indoles.

Old 11-10-2012, 13:18
Banned

Male from United States
LittleBigDave needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 124, Level: 1 Points: 124, Level: 1 Points: 124, Level: 1
Activity: 16.5% Activity: 16.5% Activity: 16.5%
5-MeO-DALT and SSRIs

My monkey has a question. He has just started Citralopram and is on 10mg per day. He has only just taken his 2nd dose. First dose/day was yesterday.

He believes it will be very unlikely that a 40mg dose 5-Meo-Dalt combined with 2 days worth (2 x 10mg) of Citralopram would trigger something as serious as Serotonin Syndrome. The Citralopram is probably not even in his system properly yet is it? He also has plenty of valium to come down if need be.

I told him to Just Say No. He won't listen so I was hoping someone on here could answer his question. Better he take his pill educated and informed than by guessing.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you (on behalf of my monkey)
Old 11-10-2012, 13:34

27 y/o Male from Germany
Onyl is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5%
Re: 5-Meo-Dalt and SSRI

Citalopram's psychological effects may start after 2 weeks but the physiological functions (the inhibition of serotonin reuptake) start directly after the first dose. So it may be harmful mixing 5-Meo-Dalt with any SSRI.
I don't want to sepcualte about the outcome but I surely would not mix any drug effecting serotonin receptors with a SSRI.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Very responsible advice.
Old 11-10-2012, 13:50
Banned

Male from United States
LittleBigDave needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Cool. Thank you for the advice. Monkey is still eager to hear more. though I think what was just posted makes a lot of sense.
Old 11-10-2012, 14:13
Basoodler Basoodler is nu online
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu
Basoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,054, Level: 11 Points: 6,054, Level: 11 Points: 6,054, Level: 11
Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2%

Generally drugs that target 5htpx are less effective when taken over a SSRI regimen. The SSRI pretty much floods your receptors and in turn they are less active so when the drug is introduced it has less receptor sites to bind to (in theory)

I can't seem to find a binding map for 5-meo-Dalt though. Either way depending on what other receptor sites it targets the SSRI will in the best case reduce effects and the worst case increase the chances of serotonin sickness.

I've said it once and I'll say it again.. don't put yourself in a situation where you are in SSRI withdrawal to take a tryptamine. That is just asking for a bad trip..
Old 11-10-2012, 14:39
Banned

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basoodler View Post
don't put yourself in a situation where you are in SSRI withdrawal to take a tryptamine. That is just asking for a bad trip..
Hi... I am going to show my naievety (and inability to spell) here, but can you explain that in layman's terms. Would my monkey taking the drug at all be putting himself in that situation, or do you mean don't let him take it without taking certain precautions.

This is more my monkey's inexperience with anti-depressents than with drugs shining through. The latter he has been involved in for 20 years. The former, just 2 days :/

Again, thanks for the help, coming so quickly as it has been too.
Old 11-10-2012, 14:45

27 y/o Male from Germany
Onyl is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5%

It is possible that SSRIs cause reduction of receptor sites in the CNS.
Considering that citalopram treatment has started 2 days ago you can be pretty sure that most 5HT-receptors in the central nervous system are still there.

I also remember from my studies that SSRIs like Citalopram cause higher sensibility to some 5HT-receptor ligands as they bind to subtypes that are generally not affected by the medication. Since 5-Meo-Dalt and most other tryptamins bind to many serotoninreceptors causing the widespead effects.
The mentioned combination is very likely to increase nausea and other side-effects while reducing effects at 5HT-2(a). Instead of psychedelic effects you would experience tremors, nausea, etc.

I also remember a professor mentioning experiments in treating depressions with synthetic tryptamines instead of the better known experiments with ergotamines like LSD. One insturction in this experiment was the exclusion of any SSRIs and MAOIs, not because of "clear" results but harmful intercations. Unfortunately i do not remember which tryptamines were used.
Hopefully the monkey has already decided not to mix the mentioned drugs.
Old 11-10-2012, 15:04
Basoodler Basoodler is nu online
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu
Basoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,054, Level: 11 Points: 6,054, Level: 11 Points: 6,054, Level: 11
Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2%

^ good post

Withdrawal will put you in a bad mood and uncomfortable. When dealing with 5htp2 agonists your mood and setting are imperative because your trip greatly depends on them. If you go in feeling bad or in a bad mood the drug will generally take you further down that path. Which is a bad trip.

Good mood, good setting and being comfortable in your own skin before taking these drugs will likely lead to a positive trip.
Really its the most important aspect of a trip. You have to do pre work to assure that your good on set and setting
Old 11-10-2012, 15:10
Banned

Male from United States

Thank you every body. The monkey paid a very small amount of peanuts for his dose of this drug so he is happy to go without. I won't give a STAR to every post made, but you all deserve one. That was some excellent advice that HAS been taken (unlike the drug, which will sit in a draw or be given to a chimp)!

thanks people (from Monkey)

Share this on:

Tags
5-meo-dalt, 5-meo-dalt combinations, antidepressants and hallucinogens, antidepressants and psychedelics, citalopram, diazepam, hallucinogens and antidepressants, psychedelic, psychedelics and antidepressants, serotonin syndrome, tryptamine, valium

» New Threads
Trying to clear something up about...
Last post by nightprowler
0 Replies, 1 Views
Opinions... So u think my test...
Last post by Gibson4rock
8 Replies, 188 Views
Any questions for a Toxicologist?
Last post by nightprowler
55 Replies, 5,354 Views
Lightning Round - The (Hopefully)...
Last post by We_Like_To_Experiment