Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 11-10-2012, 11:27

22 y/o Female from Canada
Ashley.Mac is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Had withdrawal from heroin use. Want to know if I can use once in while without wd?

Swim has been using heroin daily for about 3 weeks. Swim stopped and has had moderately bad withdrawal symptoms. Now that they are finally gone, swim is wondering if they can ever use again once in a while, without the withdrawal returning. Swim would like to use once a week if possible. Please any experts on this subject let swim know )
Old 11-10-2012, 15:53
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from England
westie420uk is on the way upwestie420uk is on the way upwestie420uk is on the way upwestie420uk is on the way up
Points: 565, Level: 3 Points: 565, Level: 3 Points: 565, Level: 3
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: Had withdrawal from heroin use. Want to know if I can use once in while without w

If you are totally over your withdrawal symptoms you should be able to use 'once in a while' without suffering any WD. Just try not to use more that 3 days in a row if you do start to use again.
Its far too easy to fall in to the trap of using then waking up feeling fine, then using again the second day & waking up felling fine etc until you wake up one day not feeling fine & its been less than a week of daily use. I think a lot of people will agree that you get addicted quicker the 1st/2nd/3rd etc time you start using again after your 1st detox.
Old 15-10-2012, 16:23
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 578, Level: 3 Points: 578, Level: 3 Points: 578, Level: 3
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Had withdrawal from heroin use. Want to know if I can use once in while without w

With each detox, the time it takes to become physically dependent seems to get shorter. An opiate naive person takes 2-4 weeks of daily use to become physically dependent, but after being dependent and detoxing once, that drops to a few days.

Really, OP, if you're going to truly avoid subsequent dependence you'd have to only use one day, and then take a day or two off, at least. Even three days of consistent use is pushing it; you might at least expect flu-like symptoms after that.
Old 15-10-2012, 16:29

22 y/o Male from Romania
livespd is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

One should check if tolerance lowers the same time the withdrawals pass, and if tolerance is really zero when you're not in WDs anymore. I tend to believe that tolerance still needs a bit more time to adjust to zero.
It means tolerance is back zero when one needs the same dose as the first one. If not, tolerance builds up and you get addicted faster.
Not to be confused with the half-time of heroin/morphine.
Old 15-10-2012, 17:53
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 578, Level: 3 Points: 578, Level: 3 Points: 578, Level: 3
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by livespd View Post
One should check if tolerance lowers the same time the withdrawals pass, and if tolerance is really zero when you're not in WDs anymore. I tend to believe that tolerance still needs a bit more time to adjust to zero.
It means tolerance is back zero when one needs the same dose as the first one. If not, tolerance builds up and you get addicted faster.
Not to be confused with the half-time of heroin/morphine.
I'm pretty sure I've posted this elsewhere, but withdrawals go away after several days. With heavy opiate use it will take months of being clean for your tolerance to drop, and even then, it never gets to the zero point (by which I mean, baseline tolerance before one ever touched opiates).

Actually, even after your tolerance decreases you can still get addicted quickly. The last time I was clean, I had abstained from opiates for about a year, and my tolerance was as close to baseline as it would have ever gotten (in that it took me 20-25 mg hydrocodone to get high, versus 10-15 mg when I first used opiates). After 2 days of straight use of heroin, I was physically dependent again.

The time to dependence seems to be more contingent on how many times you have been addicted before, and how often you have been using, I think because the addiction mechanism has to do with long-term potentiation, so basically, with developing dependence for the 2nd, 3rd, etc. time , your brain is "re learning" its former dependence, which takes place more quickly than the first time.

Tolerance, on the other hand, is more a function of your mu opioid receptors' ability to make their respective neurons fire. They're separate mechanisms.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good, facts based info.
Old 16-10-2012, 20:33

31 y/o Male from United States
CORNROWS is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

You will be able to use occasionally, try not to use for more than 24 hours, then make sure you take 72 hours off. That's my personal findings. Of course the thing is you will be able to use occasionally until you become an addict. It may take a month, it could take years (I used occasionally for 8 years before I became hooked)... But it will happen. Stop before that switch flips in your brain where it becomes the only "normal" you know, your life will never be the same after and you will never, ever stop wanting it.
Old 16-10-2012, 22:05
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Qualityplant really adds to the discussion.Qualityplant really adds to the discussion.Qualityplant really adds to the discussion.Qualityplant really adds to the discussion.Qualityplant really adds to the discussion.Qualityplant really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,074, Level: 5 Points: 1,074, Level: 5 Points: 1,074, Level: 5
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I have been using H for around 4 years and only had one withdrawal

This year I have used roughly every 6 weeks

I put this down to dealing with my personal issues to the point where I am completely happy in myself and no longer need H to self-medicate this means I dont need it and I see it more for what it is, a strong painkiller that feels good but isnt much fun to do

Is it possible? For me, yes, but I have had years and years of therapy, strict meditation, yoga, family support, money... if I didnt have those things I would have been dead pretty easily

Oh, and forget that 2 days on 2 days off bullshit... you need 2 days on 2 MONTHS OFF to make occassional H use viable
Old 17-10-2012, 01:11
Silver Member

Male from Australia
Joe29 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 136, Level: 1 Points: 136, Level: 1 Points: 136, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

When I went back to smoking it here downunder I could smoke some gear for 3 or 4 days, then take at least 2 days off. Then start all over again. But if you don't wan't any risk of W/D then don't go more than 2 days straight a week, you should be fine.
Old 17-10-2012, 02:26

61 y/o Male from United States
happy4nic8r is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

I had a friend who told me that you could use off and on, and with certain rules being observed you could beat the withdrawl monster at it's own game.

Surely didn't work for me because I was not an "occasional/recreational" type person. After a couple of years I finally went through a horrible month (at least I remember it being about that) of various physical and mental torture that put me in a whole new frame of respect for that drug.

I would like to give you a positive answer to your question, but I cannot, at least from my perspective.

The best thing that came out of it was when this rich fuck went to his hospital induced 24 hour withdrawl proceedure, I went with him since they required a babysitter for the recovery period. $10,000 it cost him, and I relished every moment of the "you told me so, what?" I never spoke to him again, but don't blame him for my being STUPID.

My overall thought, if you have do take anything, take something other than heroin.

What if you got in an accident and they couldn't really give you anything for the pain that would work?

Share this on:

Tags
heroin