Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 10-10-2012, 08:33

Female from United States
nFxreakman is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
How long is too long to leave dilaudid in the syringe before injecting it?

(I'm new to this site, so please excuse me if I don't use some of the terms right. Instructions told me to write in third person, but not to use SWIM, which I have no clue what that is anyways..)

So, a friend of a friend of mine likes to inject dilaudid and has recently been running low on cash, so in order to make the most of each pill, after taking the shot, she will save the wash and store it away in a makeup bag. She has recently realized that she has been saving each wash and is beginning to accumulate a lot of them. When she took the syringes out of the makeup bag, she saw that the older ones had began to have this white, floating residue-looking gunk inside of them.
My friend wasn't exactly sure what this was.. but she figured it couldn't be anything good. Would it be best for her to just flush these washes down the toilet and cut her losses? Or is it possible that whatever this is could be harmless?
The syringes have been stored away in that bag for no longer than a week and a half. How long is too long to leave dilaudid in a syringe before it is injected?
Old 16-10-2012, 08:26
Silver Member

25 y/o Female from Canada
BitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline Medline
Points: 2,798, Level: 7 Points: 2,798, Level: 7 Points: 2,798, Level: 7
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%
Re: How long is too long to leave dilaudid in the syringe before injecting it?

First, I'll be the first to welcome you to DF! There are lot of great people here and so much to learn in all aspects of drugs and drug use. By the way, you DO use SWIM, or whatever you want to use to refer to yourself I'm third person (e.g., my friend, my pet). SWIM stands for someone who isn't me. It should see on the site rules what all the abbreviations stand for.

I don't inject Dilaudid, but from some research I just did, whatever you have been accumulating is negligible and as for the white, floating residue or whatever you are describing, are you sure it isn't just binder/filler and leftover inactive ingredients? That of which would not get you high anyway. All of the dilaudid in the solution goes in the first time mostly. I think that you recognize that whatever gunky stuff is in there is not good and how high you'd get is probably dismal with extremely high risks.

I am not sure how familiar or knowledgeable you are about injecting. Any pieces of dirt as well as clotted blood collect at the end of the barrel of your syringe when you are shooting up. There are real dangers connected to shooting this shit into your vein.

Here is a Megathread on the DF forum about shooting up. You should look for this type of thread before posting questions.
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...cting+dilaudid

Last edited by BitterSweet; 16-10-2012 at 10:39.
Old 16-10-2012, 09:25
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from Finland
fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.
Points: 895, Level: 4 Points: 895, Level: 4 Points: 895, Level: 4
Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8%

I would never ever inject anything that has been sitting in a (non-sterile) water solution for a week and a half for one very simple reason: bacteria growth. By now, dog knows what lives in those syringes. It is basically asking for an infection. Probably a bad one. Please get rid of them.

For this reason, a couple of hours is the maximum I ever store a full syringe away. Don't know how good idea even this is, though.
Old 18-10-2012, 13:35
Silver Member

Male from United States
LlamaGod123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%

You need to realize that more than likely whatever water you are using is not pure water... I don't know if there is a guide but you should use pure distilled water if doing this and actually you should add some Isopropyl alcohol at about a 1:1000 ratio of alcohol to water.
Old 18-10-2012, 18:59
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 578, Level: 3 Points: 578, Level: 3 Points: 578, Level: 3
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitterSweet View Post
By the way, you DO use SWIM, or whatever you want to use to refer to yourself I'm third person (e.g., my friend, my pet).
Sorry, but if the OP is reading this (or any new member) this is actually incorrect. Self-incrimination must be avoided specifically when discussing "drug production, creation, or extraction" according to the rules, which may be viewed here. Also, to quote a mod, "Please do not use the acronym 'SWIM'." Normally this should be handled in a PM but since the OP asked about it, I'm posting this. You can even click on the "SWIM" in order to get more info about why it's discouraged, and in which situations self-incrimination should be avoided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlamaGod123 View Post
You need to realize that more than likely whatever water you are using is not pure water... I don't know if there is a guide but you should use pure distilled water if doing this and actually you should add some Isopropyl alcohol at about a 1:1000 ratio of alcohol to water.
Pure distilled water is a good idea. However I would discourage using isopropyl to help the solution "keep", only because it's easy to become so excited about doing a shot later that you forget to evaporate it before use. In one thread I've seen, a person was even too lazy to evaporate it. Evaporation of any alcohol used is mandatory though if you don't want to hurt your veins, and it won't evaporate the dilaudid itself, so don't worry.

OP has probably already figured out whether or not he/she was going to throw the stuff away, but for future readers of the thread with a similar issue, I'd recommend just getting rid of the stuff. A week is way too long to let water sit like that, especially if the rig has already been inside one's body. I don't think the dilaudid would degrade like heroin would when left in water, but from the description of "gunk" being inside it, there was probably just fillers & binders left in there anyway.
Old 18-10-2012, 21:34

31 y/o Male from USA - Alabama
Slowdiver is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Hello All! I am also new to the forum, but I heard that Mr.Magu has been doing Dilaudid (Hydromorphone) for about a decade now. MrMagu does not recommend using the solution that is currently in the syringe, the previous posters have suggested this also and they are right. The reason for this is twofold:

First, He says there is almost undoubtably a greater chance of some sort of bacterial growth in the solution by this time. Of course this is dependant on temperature and storage conditions, but also the quality of the solution used to begin with. If regular tap water was used it has a greater chance of being contaminated than if distilled water is used. But even if distilled water was used it could become contaminated also from the whole preparation process.

Secondly He says the longer a solution sits, the more the particulates that may be in the water will settle and clump together. This is probably the white material that you see free-floating around in the solution. This particulate should NOT be injected under any circumstances unless your FOF wants to have an instant pulmonary embolism or thier arteries explode.

If your FOF must inject this solution, I would recommend two things. First that the solution should be emptied into a spoon or heat/flame proof container and heated until boil to kill any bacterial growth. And Secondly, the solution after being heat treated, should them be filtered again, preferably with a micron-filter.

MrMagu Hopes this helps solve your FOFs problem
Old 05-11-2012, 04:47

Male from Canada
oxycontiin is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Since everyones talking about it here, I'm gonna sneak in a question of my own. How bad is it to use tap water? Or filtered drinking water? Bottled water? My intention would never be to store it for any period of time longer than a few minutes, but just for every day use. Is distilled water absolutely necessary?
Old 09-11-2012, 21:47

26 y/o Male from United States
todaysagreenday is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Oxycotiin to answer your question distilled water is not absolutely necessary, however if you can use it you should. Plenty of people use tap water everyday with no problem but that doesn't mean you won't have one. Treat tap water as a last resort. Afof has heard his junkie friends say that it's better to use tap water because it builds your immune system, but his friends are junkies and stupid. Your injecting things into your blood steam, why not control as much of what you put in you as possible. Also, if you can check out micron filters.
Old 16-02-2013, 04:11
Banned

25 y/o Male from United States
Camorphine is an unknown quantity at this point

I've heard of there being leftovers after a the first shot is drawn up. they've gotten a buzz from the second and third shot from 8mg as you must add more water. when is enough enough, because they feel like they can just keep adding water and re-filtering and still get a lil buzz..

Share this on:

Tags
dilaudid

Sitelinks: Information: