Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Dissociatives > DXM
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

DXM Dextromethorphan

Old 08-10-2012, 19:03
Silver Member

Female from United States
dopeshow is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
first time trying to get high off of robitussin, any advice?

swim wants to get high off of robitussin and swim needs some advice such as how much to take and tips on standing the taste. any advice?
Old 08-10-2012, 19:41
Silver Member

Male from United States
Chug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way up
Points: 784, Level: 4 Points: 784, Level: 4 Points: 784, Level: 4
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%
Re: first time trying to get high off of robitussin, any advice?

How much do you weigh?
If you decide to jump the gun and just go get a bottle...
DO NOT CONSUME ANY MEDICINE THAT DOESN'T HAVE DXM AS THE ONLY ACTIVE INGREDIENT.
Old 08-10-2012, 20:00
Silver Member

20 y/o Male from USA - Wisconsin
KingTussin is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1

-Take only one bottle your first time. It is equal to 354mg DXM. That is the perfect dose for a first timer.
-Drink it with lemon water. It works better if you just get your water and put some lemon slices in there. Make sure you get rid of the seed though. Not only will this help as a chaser but will increase your ph levels so your body can break down the syrup better, also less nausea.
-Go on Erowid and look up DXM. Do some more research, look up some experiences.
-Sit/lay somewhere comfortable.
-Listen to music (very important). Experiment with this, have different genres of your favorite songs.
I recommend this song to guide you. Ott the queen of all everything, listen to it at your peak.
-If you have a licence for mj, smoke some of that on the peak. (1 1/2 in) It will enhance the "high" greatly.
Reason I say high is because it's a low dosage. I take 1g, that my friend, is a TRIP. ha.
-Eat a full meal 2 hours before you dose.
-Vomit. I know.. not fun. But if you have respect for your body you will try this. All the DXM will be completely in your system in 30mins. Take a toothbrush and try to gag it up right then. You don't have to, but if you plan on using this substance again in high doses with syrup, its a good idea. Then eat a small meal (some crackers, bread, vegetables, yeah)
-Lastly, the setting is very important. Turn off the lights, put some decorations up, click on that strobe light.

Happy Tripping!

KingTussin added 2 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Also don't abuse this substance. Once or twice a month is best for most users.

Last edited by KingTussin; 08-10-2012 at 20:00. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-10-2012, 22:09
Silver Member

swim weighs 185lb. thanks for the tips kingtussin! if chug chug chug has any more tips swim would be grateful!
Old 08-10-2012, 23:44
Banned

Male from United States
Tripped Out O.o is heading for the Darwin Award.Tripped Out O.o is heading for the Darwin Award.

Honest advice? Don't do it. Enough said. Shit ruined my life
Old 09-10-2012, 00:03
Silver Member

dopeshow, your going to get a lot of negative remarks on DXM. I know what I'm talking about, I've used DXM for 9 months now and I am not addicted in anyway shape or form. I have gotten many beneficials from my DXM use. Just don't abuse it, and don't LET it take control of your life (same with any substance, except meth, coke, ect. their just way to addicting). You will get DXM cravings rarely once you really start going deep. They are not bad at all. Just ignore them and keep busy, or just smoke green! Any substance can ruin your life, just depends on if you respect that substance or not. (how often you use it). You respect DXM, and It'll respect you.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:15
Silver Member

swim has robitussin cough and cold. is that ok to take?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Asking a question this basic and general indicates that you've made minimal effort to research for yourself. Use the search engine, read the many threads in the DXM section of this site.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:14

Male from Earth
MayCauseAddiction should review received reputation comments.
Points: 133, Level: 1 Points: 133, Level: 1 Points: 133, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I went through a period of use...sure it's fun, but reverse tolerance is a bitch and it dumbed me down for a while.
Dosage-wise, here's a calculator: oops! Can't post links... you can also search "dxm calculator".
I would advise staying on a 2nd plateau trip, although1st would be safer, you never want to take chances--what if your body has a bad reaction, what if you have problem metabolizing it (I believe 10% of Caucasians lack an enzyme necessary)....
I would say listening to music, watching something in television with a good amount of bright colors, playing video games, and especiahlly smoking weed, one of the best combinations of any drug this person had tried.
Good luck and happy tripping, check back in!

MayCauseAddiction added 1 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeshow View Post
swim has robitussin cough and cold. is that ok to take?
Make sure it only has DXM in it, guafenesin can make you vomit uncontrollably and acetaminophen can kill you at high enough doses (it's the shit in Tylenol...good old legal painkillers...)

do not circumvent the rules. IF you are not allowed to post links then don't post them

Last edited by Phungushead; 29-10-2012 at 11:01. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-10-2012, 06:19
Silver Member

Male from United States
Chug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way up

I'm fairly sure robitussin cough and cold has other active ingredients other than just DXM so no.
What you want are robitussin cough gels or robitussin lingering cold which looks like:

Other products I've taken are:

Please, PLEASE, make sure the product your buying ONLY has DXM as an active ingredient.
Usually those products only say cough, not cough and cold or things like that but that's not always the case. Recheck the ingredients at least 3 times before consuming the product to make sure you aren't giving yourself a death-wish. Remember DXM ONLY! DXM polistirex is okay as well, usually it comes in the delsym products, it's extended release may give a more mellow trip.

Tips for the trip itself?
Don't overdo it. (at most twice every one/two months)
Don't engage in any strenuous activity. (can raise blood pressure and heart rate significantly.)
Be in a positive environment, where you wouldn't have to hide the effects of the drug.
Music is really nice! Also some mary jane also might add a little spice to the trip but don't smoke yourself stupid. For your first dose and considering your weight, I'd say 400mg maybe 500mg if you're feeling daring. My first dose was around 500mg and I weighed about 140lb and that was a overwhelming mindfuck, probably should have started lower.

Nice job posting pictures. Good harm reduction strategy
Old 10-10-2012, 17:38
Silver Member

well heres what happened

10/9/12

12:30-1:00pm drank a 4oz bottle of robitussin cough. maybe a sip or two of water and a few chips. a slight stomachache.
1:30pm starting to feel the buzz come on a little bit with stomachache intensifying.
2:00-3:00pm the full on effects are taking hold and unbearable nausea. i decide to make myself attempt to throw up. doesnt work
4:00-5:00pm finally im able to throw up but not much. nausea is subsided for the moment. try to get up to go to the bathroom and i get disoriented
6:00-8:30pm nausea returns along with a brutal headache. after going to the bathroom i take some ibruprofen and lay back down and continue to watch tv
8:45-9:25pm turn off the tv and lay in the dark attempting to sleep. Ibruprofen isnt helping at this point. start to hear random noises (not to unusual)
9:30pm turn tv back on headaches duller but nausea is still bad. i am still high at this point
9:45-11:30 head still hurts nauseous still there still high and getting kind of hungry
10/10/12
12:00am eat some pizza it stays down well going to try to sleep
12:30am finally fall asleep
2:30am wake up and think the high is gone. step outside the door to go to the bathroom and realize that im still high
5:30-6:15am wake up and cant sleep
10:00am wake up and take a shower. im still a little high at this point and my pupils are huge. still nauseous and now my heart is racing
12:30pm im still nauseous still a little high pupils are still dilated and my heart is still racing

all in all i would never do this again. most of the time i was either to nauseous or have to bad of a headache to actually enjoy the high. the high itself was different from anything ive ever experienced
Old 10-10-2012, 17:47
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,555, Level: 20 Points: 19,555, Level: 20 Points: 19,555, Level: 20
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Did you find a bottle that only contained DXM and nothing else?
Old 10-10-2012, 17:55
Silver Member

yes i did
Old 10-10-2012, 18:47
Silver Member

DXM is not for everyone. Find something else man.
Old 12-10-2012, 19:30
Silver Member

for the past two days ive been experiencing something weird that i have only experienced once before when i smoked to much bayou blaster. what it feels like is my legs lose a little bit off feeling and every time i move them it takes a second for the feeling to catch back up to them. it reminds me of walking through a strobe light and when you see your legs and what your feeling are two different sensations. does anyone know what that could be? it seems to come and go as it pleases if i put heat and pressure it sometimes stops it.
Old 12-10-2012, 21:03
Silver Member

Male from United States

I'm no doctor but it sounds like an issue with blood circulation.
Have you had previous issues with blood flow before this trip?
The dxm alone may not have caused it, but it may have exacerbated an underlying illness.

I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it gets worse,
if you feel it's necessary go see a doctor because nobody here can accurately diagnose your issue.

Meanwhile, I suggest against taking any drugs in recreational doses until you feel you've fully recovered.
Old 12-10-2012, 21:16
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from USA - Oregon
GeographyGeography is on the way upGeographyGeography is on the way upGeographyGeography is on the way up
Points: 416, Level: 3 Points: 416, Level: 3 Points: 416, Level: 3
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

I would strongly recommend taking the robitussin coughgels if at all possible. They are a little harder to find, but personally I was never able to hold down that syrup.
MAKE SURE DEXTROMETHORPHAN IS THE ONLY ACTIVE INGREDIENT ON THE BACK!!!

Put the coughgels into applesauce or a milkshake or something and swallow large mouthfuls. Taking them individually REALLY starts to suck after a while and I would definitely recommend getting some kind of smoothie or what have you to hide the slippery texture of the gels which is literally making me gag just thinking about it (still better than syrup though IMO)

One bottle of syrup or one package of coughgels will do you for the first time. (345mg and 300mg of DXM, respectively) Music is really important, and make sure you are in a safe place where you wont have to act sober or any of that shit (possible, just ruins the trip) Also I've found that 'acting sober' to other people on DXM, REALLY doesn't work out too well most of the time lol.
You might feel sick after taking them at first but lay down on your bed or something and I personally like to juggle my stomach around a little bit. I could swear this helps, but it may not for you.

Just FYI, the best thing you can do for yourself is to research DXM as much as you can on your own.
Have fun! DXM is way under rated IMO. AFOAF has had some astounding experiences with it. Try strobe programs on the internet! Also I would strongly suggest looking into the Ganzfeld method of inducing hallucinations. Really works!!

Share this on:

Tags
cough syrup, dxm advice, robitussin