Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 06-10-2012, 18:04
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

32 y/o Male from United States
mib915 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6%
masking odor of meth smoke/vapor

Hi guys my boxing kangaroo is taking a break from professional fighting and wanted to know if you could provide any tips/suggestions for masking the odor of smoked methamphetamine. He would like to apologize if this has been asked already but the search turned up no results. He lives in a house with other fighters so he likes being as discreet as possible. He currently smokes near window with fan pointed at window and uses the good ol' towel under door and paper towel tube with Bounce sheets. He also uses products like OdoBan, FeBreeze, Odor absorbing gel, carpet freshening powder, and scented candles. Maybe he's just trippin' but he swears he can still smell it when he leaves the room and comes back in. He also wipes down the walls/surfaces with bleach and vinegar once a week. Now he beleives you can never be too careful and has hidden his drug use for years by being extra vigilant. He wanted me to ask you (he cant type with boxing gloves on) if you have any other tips for him. Any good cleaning products or deodorizes you can't live without?
Old 06-10-2012, 21:33

26 y/o Female from United States
sharsstars is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%
Re: masking odor of meth smoke/vapor

In my experience meth generally doesn't have a strong enough odor for others to even notice. The only time meth stinks is when it is burned or if its cut really bad. I wouldn't worry about trying to mask the smell. I live with others too and they have never noticed a smell out of the ordinary.
Old 06-10-2012, 22:00

Thanks for the reply. Yeah 99% of the time he doesn't notice any odor but he came across some super cut product a month ago that straight up REEKED. Even his roommates commented on the smell and he made up some lame excuse about trying to smoke one of his Rx pain meds (apparently this is socially acceptible...) but now he is trying to be a little more cautious. He has a great job, a 3.84 GPA in school, and is always well dressed/groomed so the smell is the only thing that would "out" him, nahmean?
Old 07-10-2012, 04:00
Titanium Member

40 y/o Male from United States
Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 576, Level: 3 Points: 576, Level: 3 Points: 576, Level: 3
Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3%

If you got yourself a particularly "aromatic" bag of meth, it might be a good idea to dump that dealer.

But as far as covering up odors goes, there's pretty good product called "odors away". It has a bit of a clove-ish smell that, while subtle, makes it hard to smell anything else (great for when you tear up the bathroom with a ferocious dump). It comes in small portable bottles and it only takes a drop or two to do its thing.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:04
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.
Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7
Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8%

Hmm... Meth for me too has always been 99% odourless when smoked. Unless a spec of something gets into my bowl, or if I make an amateur mistake of over heating and burning the meth sometimes you can get a faint smell...

It should never "reek". There is some sort of fucked up cut in there, or the meth was overheated... I;ve probably smoked 1000's of bowls, and at the most, sometimes I've caught a faint smell. For it to reek, there is something not right. I can't say for sure what exactly that is.

But, I'm so confident in meths odourlessness (word?), even when smoked, that my past three jobs, I would smoke up right in the bathroom of wherever it is I was working. My job making wine was at a fairly small shop, and there was only three of us - My boss, my coworker and myself. When we made wine part of the process involved rinsing carboys, and the rinse area was right outside the bathroom. So sometimes I'd be in the bathroom, and my boss would be right outside the door working, and I'd still smoke up. He'd even go in right after I smoked a huge bowl sometimes, or even customers would go in.

At my other job, there were many employees, in and out of the bathroom constantly, and I still smoked up in there with no issues.

Meth being odourless is actually a big blessing that I take for granted. If it created an odour as strong as marijuana or crack for example, tweaking wherever I want wouldn't be an option. It would have been much harder to hide my drug use from my father too before I told him about my addiction... I didn't think much until now how tough it would be to be a crack addict out in public, especially since re-dosing is required much more frequently.

I have heard that some long time meth addicts can pick up the scent of meth smoke/vapour. I don't know about that... Like, someone could blow a cloud in my face and I won't smell a thing. But, my sense of smelling is pretty weak most days... I think from all the MDMA and coke I snorted in the past. Some days I can smell better.. If my palette is clean, and my nose is clear for example.

Most articles about meth start off by saying it's an 'odourless crystalline substance'.... Though, that doesn't take into consideration that cuts may produce a smell. Like, if I hold my bowl up to my nose and smell, I can smell something, but just barely. And that smell changes from batch to batch slightly... Where crack and weed, for the most part, smells the same almost all the time. Strains of weed can smell different, but they all have something about them that is distinctly 'marijuana'.

So with that previous point in mind, I'm sure if the meth you're smoking is producing an odour for whatever reason, I'd assume it must probably be very faint? (Asides from your one strong smelling batch, which if became your regular supply I'd find a new source, there is something wrong with that shit) Also, if someone did smell the odour produced from your smoking, I highly doubt anyone would be able to recognize it or determine that it was meth, unless they are heavy addicts that for some reason also get meth that produces an odour..

Meth clouds are technically a vapour also, not a smoke. Smoke is manifested from combustion, a process that does not happen through conductive heating (the way meth is heated) until you reach a very high temperature which shouldn't be achievable with a glass pipe, if you do achieve combustion through heating your pipe then you are wayyyy overheating it. Vapour dissipates much quicker than smoke does. If I take a few giant bong hits of weed, you can see haze lingering in my room for a good 10 minutes... Even giant meth clouds, pretty much disappear within a few seconds. Now, I'm not sure that if when a smoke/vapour turns invisible quickly, it means that the smell (if any) also disappears quickly...

To be honest, I think you are just being a little overly cautious, as us tweakers often do, and going a bit overboard with counter-odour methods... Like, washing the walls isn't going to change anyhting in my opinion. I know with pot, you cant really smell it until you leave and come back... But I've never gotten this with meth. If your meth does produce a bit of a scent though, blowing it out the window I'm sure is more than enough of a counter measure.

Also, like I said, make sure you aren't overheating the meth. If it starts to cook and burn up a bit, it will create a bit of an odour. Still, I find that odour disappear pretty quickly. Also, keep in mind that even if your meth is making an odour, I doubt your room mates will detect it (granted you acquire normal meth), and if they do, I don't think they will recognize it. Of anything, sometimes when people are burning candles, have fans going, windows open, Fabreeze, bounce sheets, incense and all that sort of stuff around, it can be a dead giveaway for someone who knows even just a little bit about what covering up the smell of drugs is all about. I think your room mates surely would know that these are common ways to hide a smell, before they could ever pinpoint the smell of meth, which is supposed to be non existent in the first place.... So yeah, meth can make people become far more cautious then necessary with a lot of things, I'm guilty of that too. That being said, perhaps your meth is actually really strong smelling and your room mates happen to actually have a keen sense of smell, and know exactly what meth smells like. The latter I find unlikely, and the former I find very probable, but I can't rule anything out or make any definitive answers... Just because I don't want to talk you out of being cautious when in fact there is a chance (a small one in my mind) that your caution is actually keeping your secret.

To cover up odours, not many drugs can be detected when you have some incense burning. Incense overpowers the smell of anything I find.... I find it 99.99999% unlikely that your room mate can smell THROUGH incense, and detect "odourless" meth THROUGH the smell of incense, be able differentiate the smell from the incense and determine it's meth.

You are looking for more ways to mask scent. If I were you, I would relax a bit, and not stress about the smell so much, and I would actually eliminate a lot of what you are already doing... But, if you are concerned, just keep doing the same counter measures you are doing now, that's way more than enough caution. This is a weaker solution I'm sure you won't find much use for, but you can always snort or inject... But yeah, smoking for most is the best way overall to use meth, and I'm sure you don't want to take a step down to snorting... and I'm sure you're not willing to inject.

Well that's all I got for you. Without seeing, or smelling the meth you get, in your city, I can't say it's the same as the meth I get here odour wise. Meth varies a lot from batch to batch, city to city, country to country. If our meth is similar though, then you can take this entire post for fact. If it isn't and we will never know, take this thread as just an opinion of what I believe to be the truth.

Post Quality Evaluations:
excellent, informative post
Didn't realise you could burn Methamphetamine which could result in more of a smell. Knowldged learned!

Last edited by CanadianBakin; 07-10-2012 at 05:19.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:32

Grimace - thanks for the suggestion!

Bakin- yes perhaps my kangaroo friend is being a bit too cautious but he has always been a little OCD.....
yeah it was this one batch he got that smelled horrible. it was greasy and smelled like cat urine. He looked it up on this site and found some clues as to what was in it. He ended up snorting most of it because it would not smoke properly. BTW congrats on coming clean to your dad, that takes a lot of balls, good luck to you.
Old 26-01-2013, 06:17
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from United States
igotyou is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

One of my roommates has never smoked or drank a thing in her life and she is like a goddamn bloodhound dog. She complained about a jar of weed I had in her words "I smelled that shit a block away fucker". And she coughs everytime I come in from smoking a cigarette,but we chill in my room smoking grams from 2 different pipes and she is sometimes right outside the door and doesn't say a word. But when I get paranoid and light a incense or spray. Air Freshener she starts fake gagging and bitching. So I am 100 percent convinced you can't smell shit,although sometimes the air looks cloudy ill just charge it to the fact I just smoked and I'm high.Save your money on air freshening supplies and don't worry about it.
Old 27-01-2013, 14:14
Banned

24 y/o Male from United States
superCOOLkid is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%

To the OP, my man you're going great lengths about some sweet smelling smoke. When my dog leaves his house and finds himself in public settings needing to get a toke or two in he will go post up in a bathroom stahl and do his thing in there lol. But as some blow into a towel roll or spray air freshness to cover up my dog will just ghost his hits. The dog wil take a huge hit and hold his hit in and upon exhaling there is nothing but his dog breath.

Now some say don't hold. In your hits, but to be honest WHY NOT? It's just a myth lmao.

Share this on:

Tags
meth, methamphetamine, smoking meth, smoking methamphetamine