Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 04-10-2012, 19:56

Male from United States
Nade2oh1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Maeng Da Kratom First Time Use.

My pet hedgehog Sonic just received his first shipment of kratom in the mail, he ordered a small batch of goodies. 20 Maeng da caps, 2g sample of Bali Fusion and 10g of Thai. Sonic just consumed 5 (2.5mg total) caps of the Maeng da and wants to share his experience here on DF, he figures it might be useful for future hedgehogs looking for info on what to expect during first time use.

Nade2oh1 added 5 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nade2oh1 View Post
My pet hedgehog Sonic just received his first shipment of kratom in the mail, he ordered a small batch of goodies. 20 Maeng da caps, 2g sample of Bali Fusion and 10g of Thai. Sonic just consumed 5 (2.5mg total) caps of the Maeng da and wants to share his experience here on DF, he figures it might be useful for future hedgehogs looking for info on what to expect during first time use.
I meant to say 2.5G not mg. Does anyone know how to edit a post??

Nade2oh1 added 38 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

+1:00 - consumed 2 more caps (1 gram) intake now at 3.5 grams. Sonic is not feeling anything yet.
Just to be clear Sonic did smoke some mary jane yesterday but other than that has not taken any other drugs for over a month. Sonic did get drunk 2 days ago and is a moderate/heavy drinker. The kratom was taken on an empty stomach.

Last edited by Nade2oh1; 04-10-2012 at 19:56. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-10-2012, 20:06

Male from Canada
picuru is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 163, Level: 2 Points: 163, Level: 2 Points: 163, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Maeng Da Kratom First Time Use.

do you have tolerance to opiates?
Old 04-10-2012, 21:35

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by picuru View Post
do you have tolerance to opiates?
Not that i am aware of. I have taken oxycodone a bunch of times and it makes me feel great at around the 20-25mg range. But i have not taken any opiates in months. Ive never used herion or any other opiates on a regular basis so i have no clue where my tolerance is at.

Nade2oh1 added 47 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Quote:

+1:00 - consumed 2 more caps (1 gram) intake now at 3.5 grams. Sonic is not feeling anything yet.
Just to be clear Sonic did smoke some mary jane yesterday but other than that has not taken any other drugs for over a month. Sonic did get drunk 2 days ago and is a moderate/heavy drinker. The kratom was taken on an empty stomach.
+2:30 - Sonic says that he is still to feel any sort of feeling or sensation from the 3.5G of the maeng da kratom he consumed over two and a half hours ago. He smoked a bit of bud and is now just a little high from the weed. He is about to take 4 more and see what happens.

Nade2oh1 added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Quote:

+2:30 - Sonic says that he is still to feel any sort of feeling or sensation from the 3.5G of the maeng da kratom he consumed over two and a half hours ago. He smoked a bit of bud and is now just a little high from the weed. He is about to take 4 more and see what happens.

Last edited by Nade2oh1; 04-10-2012 at 21:35. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-10-2012, 22:04
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,833, Level: 21 Points: 21,833, Level: 21 Points: 21,833, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Did you take it on an empty stomach?
Caps can take 1 hour + to dissolve and be absorbed.
Leave it for a few days and try 5 grams.

You could try making kratom tea with it.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:26

Male from United States

+4:15 Sonic has consumed over 5g and has felt little to no effect from the Maeng da. He has since eaten some chinese food and will now consume the remaining 9 caps (4.5g) in hopes to get some some of indication that the kratom is working. Right now Sonic is a bit disappointed with his experience.

Nade2oh1 added 15 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Sonic would like to add the setting in which he is currently in. He started home alone home for a surfing the web and just chilling. Then Sonics friend Knuckles showed up with his girlfriend, they all passed around a blunt and watched a few episodes of breaking bad. Sonic then when to get some chinese food which he washed down with a 12 oz can of beer. He just consumed another 2 grams and now his nose is starting to itch, similiar to the inch he gets when taking oxycodone, his body temp has also risen, but that may be due to the spicy chinese food he just consumed.

Nade2oh1 added 95 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

+6:00 Last of the 20 500mg Maeng Da caps ingested, Sonic also took one shot of rum and smoked a little bud. Overall he claims no feelings of heightened sensation that can directly be attributed to the kratom. He does however have a strange feeling of tightness in his upper chest and itchiness. Sonic seems disappointed that the maeng da has not lived up to his expectations.

Nade2oh1 added 136 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

+8:30 Sonic is tired and going to lay down and try to sleep. He will try the 10g of the Bali Strain he has on sunday.

Last edited by Nade2oh1; 05-10-2012 at 03:26. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-10-2012, 12:29
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,833, Level: 21 Points: 21,833, Level: 21 Points: 21,833, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Try not to take other drugs with it next time, kratoms effects can be completly masked by them.
Do not eat for at least 4 hours before taking them, an empty stomach makes a huge difference.

Without mentioning the vendor, did you buy the kratom from a headshop or somewhere that sells 'legal highs' and other drugs. Or did you buy from a shop that only sells Kratom and has a good reputation? Did you research the vendor and their products before buying?

It might be a good idea to try the kratom without the caps. Caps dont work with everyone.
Empty 5 or more grams out (weigh it with a digital scales)
Mix it into some sauce and eat it
OR
Mix it into some juice and drink it all
OR
put it in a pot with some water and a little lemon juice, boil it for 20 minutes, strain out the powder and drink the tea.
Old 05-10-2012, 18:53

Male from United States

Sonic took his original dose on an empty stomach and had not consumed any other drugs 12 hours prior to ingesting the kratom. He purchased a few samples from a reputable vendor online that only sells kratom.

He received 20 - 500mg Maeng Da caps and 10gr of Thai extract powder and 2g of Bali fusion powder.

He is going to try to drink the Bali Fussion powder on monday to see if he feels any effects from that strain.

He may try the Maeng Da strain again from another vendor sometime in the future. But was completely disappointed with his experience yesterday. He did sleep pretty well tho.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:49
Silver Member

33 y/o Male from United States
Mr Gregoire is an unknown quantity at this point

your vendor could be a poor quality vendor. you should have felt something, especially with maeng da, and especially since it was first time.

Post Quality Evaluations:
captain obvious. Exactly what I kept thinking...
Old 13-10-2012, 20:07

Male from United States
jbt4192 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

As any herbal substance, anything could change the effect (e.g. dehydration, vitamin deficiencies, sleep deprivation, and sometimes even current setting/environment). I agree with Mr Gregoire though, it would have worked in your situation after consuming the amount you did. But when I see someone state a 20-25mg dose for desired effect from oxycodone, your tolerance to opiods seems higher than most (probably requiring a higher dose of kratom). I believe it states somewhere online that weaker grade of kratom effects are felt in 10g.

I personally do not feel ok purchasing "caps" from vendors just yet. I have wonderful experiences with kratom. I can take 1g and be perfectly content, but of course with different strains/tolerance, desired amount may be more. And I chase mine(toss it on the tongue, head back, swallow with water or juice). I feel that capsules can change the initial effect due to digesting it oddly or something. And that goes for any capsule's content (Personal statement).

FYI, the kratom I consume is not of any extract or special grade. Those who seek effects for pain, I recommend "Red Vein" strains.

PLUR
Old 13-10-2012, 21:32
Silver Member

38 y/o Male from United States
JJ1234 is captain of the psychonauts.JJ1234 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2

Either it's weak kratom or you are like me and it takes more to feel an effect than many. 10 grams works well for me of any plain leaf that I have tried. Some enhanced blends I have gotten waxed off 1 gram but they are very pricey.

So in short try some more! If it don't work then maybe kratom just isn't for you.
Old 13-10-2012, 21:41
Titanium Member

29 y/o Female from USA - Oregon
GeographyGeography is on the way upGeographyGeography is on the way upGeographyGeography is on the way up
Points: 437, Level: 3 Points: 437, Level: 3 Points: 437, Level: 3
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

Afoaf recently purchased Maeng Da 15g. 34 capsules were in bag so each is less than 500mg or did she get extra? not sure about that. Anyway, assume they are 500mg (underdosing better). She took 2g on empty stomach. Only previous experience is with 1.5g of a 20x extract about 5 days prior. In about 90 minutes felt a light but head-heavy stone, like a cleaner hydrocodone. Went away rather quickly, only about 2 hours of this effect. Mixed 1.5g more into frozen OJ and consumed. Did not prolong the effect and felt nearly nothing extra.
Old 16-10-2012, 02:11

Male from United States
jbt4192 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

To the reports whom have minimal to zero effects. How is your opiate tolerance? If I consume 15-20mg oxycodone, it gets me uncomfortable, nausea feelings, and no encouragement to redose. And thats how 4-5g of kratom feels on my behalf. Tolerance will play a keen role, I understand this. But I still only need 2g, 3g at most, to cure the mind-state/body pain I'm escaping from.
Old 16-10-2012, 05:05
Silver Member

38 y/o Male from United States
JJ1234 is captain of the psychonauts.JJ1234 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbt4192 View Post
To the reports whom have minimal to zero effects. How is your opiate tolerance? If I consume 15-20mg oxycodone, it gets me uncomfortable, nausea feelings, and no encouragement to redose. And thats how 4-5g of kratom feels on my behalf. Tolerance will play a keen role, I understand this. But I still only need 2g, 3g at most, to cure the mind-state/body pain I'm escaping from.

Wow that is great to feel those effects off that little amount of kratom! To me 5 grams is more like 10mg of hydrocodone. 10 grams is like 20mg. Anything above that didn't do much more for me although i only tried up to 15 grams. When used side by side with hydrocodone it synergized(think that's the correct word) very nicely. Like 10mg of hyrdocodone + 5 grams kratom felt more like 30 mg hydrocodone.

All kratom sampled that I am talking about was plain leaf powder and effects were similar. Some slighlty weaker, some stronger. some more speedy, some relaxing. This was a sample pack that had about 10 varieties and Maeng Da was one of them.

Also enhanced leaf is killer but pricey. Only 1 gram of the most enhanced leaf was needed to equal 10 of the plain leaf!

Share this on:

Tags
first time, kratom, maeng da