Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals > Beta-Ketones
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Beta-Ketones Mephedrone, Methylone, Butylone, Methedrone, Ethcathinone, 3-fluoroMethCathinone (3FMC), Methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV)

Old 28-09-2012, 07:27
Phenoxide Phenoxide is nu online
Research Chemicals Forum
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Phenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,254, Level: 21 Points: 21,254, Level: 21 Points: 21,254, Level: 21
Activity: 45.6% Activity: 45.6% Activity: 45.6%
α-PVT (alpha-pyrrolidinopentiothiophenone) Drug Info

Please post info about α-PVT here.

Can anyone add information about:
  • names / synonyms
  • molecule
  • dose
  • duration
  • side effects
  • have there been any reported incidents with this compound?
  • since when has this research chemical been available?
  • legal status
  • stability of the molecule / compound
A thread for experiences with this compound will be created if and when it is necessary.

Trivial Name: α-PVT
Synonyms: alpha-pyrrolidinopentiothiophenone, alpha-PVT, a-PVT
IUPAC Name: 2-(pyrrolidin-1-yl)-1-(thiophen-2-yl)pentan-1-one
Molecular Formula: C13H19NOS
Molecular Mass: 237.4 g/mol

This compound is the thiophenyl analogue of stimulant drug α-PVP. Very little is known about the safe dose range and toxicity profile of thiophenyl beta-ketones in general, including this substance.

While this compound is rumored to have entered distribution around mid-2012, α-PVT has not yet been confirmed by independent laboratory analysis to be present in any substance sold on the research chemical market. If this compound is genuinely in distribution then it has almost certainly been selected on its crude structural similarity to α-PVP and to exploit legal loopholes rather than for specific and characterized positive attributes as a drug.

Legal status in US: Not explicitly controlled at Federal level, though this chemical may be deemed a controlled substance analogue of MDPV under the Federal Analog Act under certain circumstances. Legality under state law will vary depending on the specific legislation enacted in each US state. Several US states have enacted cathinone derivative clauses that may classify this substance as controlled.

Legal status in UK: Class B controlled substance under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, order 2010.

Legal status in the Republic of Ireland: Schedule 1 controlled substance.

Research Chemicals Index - Beta-Ketones
Research Chemicals Index - Phenethylamines
Research Chemicals Index - Tryptamines
Research Chemicals Index - Synthetic Cannabinoids
Research Chemicals Index - Piperazines
The Research Chemical Index
Attached Images
File Type: png a-PVT.png (7.1 KB, 838 views)
Old 28-11-2012, 14:46
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

35 y/o Male from United States
Subflow22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: α-PVT (alpha-pyrrolidinopentiothiophenone) Drug Info

Bump. I've recently seen no less than 4 vendors carrying this product. I am interested in any info that anyone in the community might be able to provide.
Old 20-12-2012, 07:07

Male from United States
unjustified9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

is this the same as a-pvt-2?
Old 16-01-2013, 06:27
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
2232bw is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

All subjective experiences reported on lab rat are not to be taken as hard factual evidence, since, after all, its impossible to convey experiences from rat (subject) to human medical researcher (I). (:

Lab rat attempted to log everything (using a complex system specifically designed for rodents) and prefers to log its subjective thoughts and experiences to remain somewhat objective and prevent onset of negative symptoms. It often displays unnecessary creativity and embellishment in its logging process.

Lab rat was administered 2 grams of phenibut over a period of 8 hours starting at 7am and concluding with 500mg at approximately 3pm. At 4pm, lab rat began a trial session of aPVT. Product quality seems good. Large, slightly yellow but mostly transparent shards were crushed into fine powder. RoA for the rat was forced nasal insufflation. An undoubtedly irresponsible decision was taken when administering, and should never be repeated by anyone: dose was eyeballed with easily accessible digital weighing tools nearby. An unknown dose was eyeballed and delivered through forced nasal administration at 4pm, then another much smaller dose was delivered using same route at approximately 5:30pm. Judging by the fraction from the overall relatively small batch, one might guess approximately 50-100mg+ total consumption. 15 minutes after initial administration rat began experiencing amphetamine like euphoria but with intensified heart beat. Rodent demonstrated increased interest in activities and increased interest in communication with fellow colleagues, as well as increased cognitive function, and boosted creative ability.
Throughout the day it was administered 40mg of beta blocker sotalol approximately at 5pm then another 40mg around 6:30pm.

History: This particular rodent has been through various trials including several RC , synthetic and natural hallucinogenics, cannabis, up to 100mg generic Adderall, a 3 day MDPV gauntlet followed by severe bodily balance issues and displayed consequent anhedonia for at least two weeks, though seemed to remain mentally in tune with reality. Following this incident the administering medical expert was expressing difficulty staying objective and felt quite bad for the creature (as well as for himself obviously, for continuing administration despite physical and mental decline) and promptly rid himself of all traces of the substance via local bathroom toilet, after shamelessly appearing at a 'work' environment with multiple colleagues, luckily suffering no inter-rodent disciplinary action.

Various other trials most notably included a ~14+ day run on long acting 2dpmp stimulant combined with large doses of tramadol every few hours, as well as twice daily cannabis use. This caused the creature to black out waking up seemingly unaware of events leading to it falling flat on its face on several occasions, opioid induced seizures and later ending with severe though physically harmless paranoia & hallucinations, subjectively hearing (frighteningly all too clearly) its paternal figure communicating with it from miles away, and letting both its roden-parents know of their offsprings newly discovered subjectively supernatural power. Rodent had to be rehabilitated but only through constant visitation of human medical experts limited to communication and guidance. It ceased consumption of all substances except cannabis and saw subsequent increase in sleep and normal mental function after several days, but with depression and lack of interest in life, energy, and flu like symptoms.

This medical professional would like to wrap up description of the aPVT trial to take care of rat in question and facilitate onset of sleep, though 5.5 hours after last administration it will likely be unobtainable probably until 7am the following day, at which point the rat is tasked with 8 hour 'work' shift with several other colleagues, which it will likely neglect and attempt to avoid entirely. It is now 5.5 hours since last administration and rodent is only beginning to experience comedown/withdrawal symptoms similar to amphetamine. Appetite suppression lead to nausea, possible constipation symptoms, increasingly high digestive discomfort, mental shriveling, inability to make eye contact with own rat-parents, loss of 'voice confidence' and general loss of confidence. Rat is inclined to remain isolated and log its every thought to help prevent onset and severity of mental symptoms.

I would like to add a few random experiences and return to revise the report intermittently in the next 12-24 hours as I myself am getting tired.
I am hoping the rodent will continue logging experiences for me to relay, though from past trials it usually exhibits (anywhere from reluctance to) hatred of activities performed on stimulants.

Following experiences relate to the rat, and all activities were performed on special rat designed equipment:
Ran on elliptical for about 1hr20mins burning close to 800 calories from 6pm to 7:20pm.
Did not consume much water or food and is reluctant to force food consumption.
Experienced , as usual for this subject with any amphetamine like stimulants , decline in memory within 30 minutes of initial administration. Being inclined to extensively log thoughts while on amphet-like substances to preserve mental flow, the subject had to resort to this logging method just to remember simple task lists, and to hide aPVT supply (accidentally dropped by into its habitat) from fellow colleagues.
Also continues actively logging thoughts to remain objective during onset of hopefully slight paranoia and mild to severe anxiety and short term anhedonia.

Unfortunately financial constraints force subject to live along with colleagues who are well aware of subjects previous trials and symptoms relating to substance administration, making it apprehensive to go out to help itself recover from withdrawal quicker as well as relieve itself of all forms of digestive sewage as often as it needs to (up to three times an hour) for fear of disturbing their sleep cycle. Rodent colleagues already observed lack of appetite and other amphet-like symptoms, detrimental to paranoia & anxiety levels. Luckily subject has gathered various easily digestible food and liquid sources supposedly beneficial for recovery, as well as temporary storage for liquid sewage, inside its small isolated quarters.

I would appreciate any feedback on additional ways to lower mental amphetamine like withdrawal effects for my rodent subject, for future reference.

Also all questions and recommendations to improve my reporting process are welcome.

2232bw added 35 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Looks like I cant edit posts until I have 5 rep points @ silver status,
subject is approx. 22yo in human years,

a tl;dr summary of subject's experience:

2g phenibut consumed from 7am-3pm
eyeballed a first sublingual (possibly 50-100mg) shard @4pm
eyeballed insufflated dose (possible 50-100mg) minute after sublingual
eyeballed much smaller (~20mg) dose insufflated around 5:30pm
40mg sotalol around 4:30pm and again around 6pm
500mg phenibut with green tea around 5pm

effects:
pros: similar to adderall, wanted to communicate, probably some sexual appetite increase if explored though no observed increase in erection frequency, definitely happiness increase, more interested in everything including all tasks and assignments.
v. possibly dose related but increase in duration of positive effects vs adderal XR;
only slight increase in subjects comfort level making eye contact which is normally near non existent
'fixed' ability to focus on a subject in communication which is normally crippled from some irrational fear complex and fleeing thoughts

cons: much like adderall, as is expected from previous amphet-like substance use,
mild memory decline;
much difficulty remaining focused on one task at a time for longer than 5mins,
obvious complete appetite suppression;
higher heart beat rate & intensity than adderall;
some anxiety and though its normal for this subject which exhibits (self diagnosed by researcher) pseudo-aspergers/mild autism symptoms in social settings like difficulty making contact at all, and inability to focus in communication from irrational fear and fleeting thoughts - increased dopamine levels make communication easier but anxiety makes ability to make eye contact only slightly better,

@ 12:20am - now beginning to experience onset of 'forced manual breathing' because of highly increased mental and digestive discomfort, expected of amphet-like withdrawal

even though ability to focus in conversation now seems normal relative to other subjects in the rats environment.
it appears afraid of others detecting its substance use, with this apparent fear having a multiplier effect combined with the anxiety symptoms while stim is wearing off

neutral: obvious embellishment and often unnecessary creativity in writing process
as expected , increased inclination to write, utilized to help prevent the onset of more severe mental withdrawal symptoms by 'thinking through writing' in an objective manner

ill try to be more concise if i come back to post again, subject is often reluctant to return to activities performed while on stims after substance leaves the body, hopefully a mod can combine my posts until i can edit them on my own

questions: (that i can possibly answer after some currently difficult research)
any way to help expedite sleep onset, aside from more phenibut administration, and force feeding? wondering for future reference since itll be likely impossible for subject to sleep till its scheduled work shift tomorrow morning
sotalol / beta blocker access limited to another 80mg, and unlimited phenibut supply
obviously will avoid consumption of any more stims in the next 12 hours at least

2232bw added 68 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

pretty sure Im gonna be up till morning time regretting I didnt wait for this shit to wear off before I started writing. Will edit that piece of shit wall of text as soon as I can make sure it makes sense.

Post Quality Evaluations:
a bit confusing, but I got the gist; thanks for sharing
Extremely scattered, difficult to find any useful information amidst the unnecessary information. Inconsistent in conclusions. Limit reports to one substance if possible.

Last edited by 2232bw; 16-01-2013 at 06:27. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 16-01-2013, 07:21
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Rob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline Medline
Points: 5,584, Level: 11 Points: 5,584, Level: 11 Points: 5,584, Level: 11
Activity: 16.0% Activity: 16.0% Activity: 16.0%

Hope this isn't like a-PVP; that stuff really makes some people go nuts and gives the RC market a bad name, IMO. The above
post doesn't give me much confidence in my hope, though (although it is appreciated for helping me develop an idea of what
this is probably like).
Old 01-04-2013, 23:45

39 y/o Male from United States
Stainless is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

a friend of mine ordered a batch. he suggested that his rat wouldn't have been able to tell the difference between this and one of the tan batches of apvp as far as looks, taste and smell. however, the rat seemed to be less prone to panic and insomnia than with previous test using the tan a-pvp. subject had previously melted down with the tan stuff. effects were comparable to the regular white apvp, but possibly less likely to cause panic. mostly similar to apvp.
Old 06-04-2013, 17:48
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.
Points: 1,012, Level: 4 Points: 1,012, Level: 4 Points: 1,012, Level: 4
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Does it have a sulfurous smell? I would expect it to, making nasal administration different from non-sulfur-containing analogs.
Old 14-04-2013, 15:37
Phenoxide Phenoxide is nu online
Research Chemicals Forum
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Phenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,254, Level: 21 Points: 21,254, Level: 21 Points: 21,254, Level: 21
Activity: 45.6% Activity: 45.6% Activity: 45.6%

Thiophenyl compounds do not tend to have a strong sulfurous odor. Thiophene itself actually smells quite similar to benzene, which has a quite pleasant and almost sweet odor. The characteristic sulfurous odor is usually associated with thiols and thiolethers rather aromatic sulfur residues.

I couldn't comment on the odor of this particular chemical, but methiopropamine, which also contains the thiophenyl group, does not smell sulfurous.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:59

Male from Canada
rapaport should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

So are the effects of A-PVT almost exact to A-PVP? How about dosage? Not much info about any of these things.

rapaport added 1213 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Well i found out the days of mdpv are over and the replacements are just worthless powder. So those that are interested in the "new" stuff will just be dissapointed from what I have read.

Last edited by rapaport; 01-05-2013 at 12:59. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-05-2013, 14:22
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.
Points: 1,012, Level: 4 Points: 1,012, Level: 4 Points: 1,012, Level: 4
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenoxide View Post
Thiophenyl compounds do not tend to have a strong sulfurous odor. Thiophene itself actually smells quite similar to benzene, which has a quite pleasant and almost sweet odor. The characteristic sulfurous odor is usually associated with thiols and thiolethers rather aromatic sulfur residues.

I couldn't comment on the odor of this particular chemical, but methiopropamine, which also contains the thiophenyl group, does not smell sulfurous.
Thank you for that useful input. The analog of methiopropamine, along with an explanation of the "characteristic odor" helped me understand.

Rapaport, I don't understand your statement. What makes you say that? None of the other pyrrolidines (a-pvp, apvt, etc.) have the dose potency that MDPV does, but they seem to, by and large, have most of the positives of MDPV without quite so many of its negatives.
Old 02-05-2013, 15:45

Male from Canada
rapaport should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltzmann View Post
Thank you for that useful input. The analog of methiopropamine, along with an explanation of the "characteristic odor" helped me understand.

Rapaport, I don't understand your statement. What makes you say that? None of the other pyrrolidines (a-pvp, apvt, etc.) have the dose potency that MDPV does, but they seem to, by and large, have most of the positives of MDPV without quite so many of its negatives.
Sorry if I offended you. It just seems like no one is interested in these things anymore. Ever since the "effective" stuff was pulled off the shelves the "replacements" or whatever u want to call them just dont have the wow factor anymore. It would be interesting to read reports but no one is really saying much and not giving any details. I know there r a few but none to take seriously. This a-pvt should not be put on the same level or treated the same as a-pvp or the mdpv. They r even though related but still different. If there r good reports It would be interesting to read about a-pvt.
Old 14-05-2013, 19:55

39 y/o Male from United States
Stainless is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

doesn't really smell of sulphur, more like an industrial solvent(that's a scary thought). a further report with a-pvp also on hand, subject again indicated that a-pvt was similiar but it was weaker, and again less panic and no insomnia, at the same level dose. all in all, it was still potent and more usable for the subject, who had previously had an extremely bad reaction to certain batches of a-pvp.

Share this on:

Tags
a-pvt, alpha-pvt, alpha-pyrrolidinopentiothiophenone, beta-ketones, index threads, research chemicals, stimulant research chemicals