Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Heroin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 27-09-2012, 20:15
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from United States
Cynder is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 131, Level: 1 Points: 131, Level: 1 Points: 131, Level: 1
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%
Any else experience these strange and painful side effects from injecting heroin?

Ive been using heroin for almost 2 years. In the last couple months I've had some strange side effects, and I'm wondering what it could be. Right after I inject, especially when using a lot, I get these stinging/tingling/itchy-like sensations that starts on my head around my scalp, then goes down my body, it feels like it travels along my veins and feels weird and kinda hurts a lot sometimes. Anyone else ever experience this or know what is may be? I can't think of why. I also break out in rash-like bumps that itch along the veins I shot and the heroin travels down, without missing, it only last a few minutes. I hope there's no such thing as an allergy to heroin.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Questions have been answered many times - utfse
Old 27-09-2012, 20:21
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from United States
lfrider92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%
Re: Any else experience these strange and painful side effects from injecting heroin?

im not sure about the singing tingling feeling your describing. i get that when i IV large doses of morphine sulfate pills, and its very unpleasant and hurts to me, only last 45 seconds to minute for me though. but ive also read here thats common when IV'ing morphine pills. might be something similar somone else can elaborate on.

and the rash like bumps your talking about are fairly common, ive read on this site in several places that its a histamine reaction. first few times it happened to me it scared me really badly, i thought i did something wrong and would have to go to the hospital. depending on the batch of Heroin i get i get that reaction, its never stopped me from using though. if you take a benadryl 30 minutes+/- before you inject, it should help with that if its a problem for you.
Old 27-09-2012, 21:26
Silver Member

Re: Any else experience these strange and painful side effects from injecting heroin?

If its a histamine reaction can that be harmful? Sometimes it gets pretty bad.
Old 27-09-2012, 22:01
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
fleadom is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I get that too, and it seems to be the exact same symptoms. Right after injection within the first 5 seconds I'll get "pins and needles" type of tingling stinging type of sensation on the scalp, then traveling down to hands and feet. It seems to happen when I inject larger amounts, even if i don't feel very "high" afterwards.

The only thing I've noticed that seems to (could be a placebo effect, but it seems to work for me) help is splashing cold water on my face or the area that is itching and just scratching it and waiting until it passes (they normally last no longer than about 15 seconds for me). Other than that, I don't know what it is, why it is, or what can be done to avoid this.

Anyone who has any info would be appreciated.

p.s. this is with black tar...
Old 28-09-2012, 13:57
Silver Member

Female from Earth
Rimbauda is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1

There is such a thing as a true allergy to heroin.

Google it. There's also some info on allergies to H on this site as well. These allergies could manifest itself in myriad ways, from pruritus to anaphylactic shock (which is often fatal).

Many people are able to control minor allergic side effects by taking an antihistamine about 30 minutes before the H, but actually it's a very good idea to read plenty about these allergic reactions because they're no joke. Indeed, research is being done on how often deaths attributed to ODs are really fatal allergic reactions.

Also, remember that taking an antihistamine potentiates the effects of H, so compensate accordingly.
Old 28-09-2012, 15:21
westie420uk westie420uk is nu online
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from England
westie420uk is on the way upwestie420uk is on the way upwestie420uk is on the way upwestie420uk is on the way up
Points: 565, Level: 3 Points: 565, Level: 3 Points: 565, Level: 3
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

The "stinging/tingling/itchy-like sensations that starts on my head around my scalp, then goes down my body" sounds like the ruch you get from a good hit! When i used to IV heroin i would feel this all the time from a big hit.
What type of heroin are you using, is it tar, #3 or #4? I'm from England we NEVER get tar or the rest of the time we only get #3. With #3 you have to add citric acid to help break down the heroin so you can inject it. If you add to much you sometimes get citric burn that will leave symptoms like you describe. From what i have heard about tar heroin it already had citric added to it so you only need to add water to it. Maybe the batch could contain too much citric? #4 does not need anything to help it break down. Hope this info helps!
Old 29-09-2012, 22:24
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
fleadom is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1

Thanks westie

That does help, that's what I suspected it to be when I read OP's post. Definitely relate to that. That its from a big dose IV'd. With tar, swim never tried #3 or #4.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:12
Silver Member

Westie - i have been using heroin for awhile and I too know very well what a good rush feels like, but what I described has been happening more recently and is separate from the rush. It even ruins the rush sometimes because its painful/itchy and intense and scary at times.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:43
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

25 y/o Male from Canada
eggomyeggo should review received reputation comments.

I had a very similar reaction tonight but only without any bumps. I asked a nurse at the supervised injection site and she said to only be concerned if I had red bumps appear over my arm. The nurse said if I had red bumps around the injection site or else where appear after injecting that it could be anaphylactic shock. I wouldn't use the stuff your using because people die from symptoms your describing. Try using from another source. Anaphylactic shock is an extreme allergic reaction so your friends using the same stuff would probably be just fine.
Old 17-10-2012, 03:30
Silver Member

That's what I'm worried about but hasn't happened yet. Even more recently, once the stinging and itching dies down I get this hot, flushed sensation come over me and I feel warm and feel like I turn red (though I haven't looked in the mirror). I have used differ stamps and it still happens so I'm pretty sure it's the heroin itself.
Old 17-10-2012, 04:03

Male from United States
Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 578, Level: 3 Points: 578, Level: 3 Points: 578, Level: 3
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynder View Post
That's what I'm worried about but hasn't happened yet. Even more recently, once the stinging and itching dies down I get this hot, flushed sensation come over me and I feel warm and feel like I turn red (though I haven't looked in the mirror). I have used differ stamps and it still happens so I'm pretty sure it's the heroin itself.
Sounds like a global histamine reaction. You have all of the characteristics of a histamine reaction: redness, itching, heat, and (probably) swelling which would account for the pain. It can happen with any opiate; the heroin itself causes it, not the cut. Basically the drug triggers an allergic-type response from your mast cells, which release histamine near your blood vessels, leading to blood vessel dilation and an inflammatory response. It is more likely to occur when you miss or hit an artery, but it can potentially happen even if you make the shot entirely into a vein. It's nothing really to worry about provided that you hit a vein and not an artery. This reaction is actually not very strange or uncommon at all, but some folks experience it more often than others.

However, if it bothers you, you can take diphenhydramine (Benadryl) or another antihistamine it should go away.
Old 17-10-2012, 06:37
Silver Member

Well for me it doesn't matter if I hit a vein or artery because once its in my blood I start to feel the reaction from my head down to my feet. I also rarely miss anyway. Thanks for all the info, I'm gonna go look for some Benadryl
Old 17-10-2012, 06:59

Male from United States
Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 578, Level: 3 Points: 578, Level: 3 Points: 578, Level: 3
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynder View Post
Well for me it doesn't matter if I hit a vein or artery because once its in my blood I start to feel the reaction from my head down to my feet. I also rarely miss anyway. Thanks for all the info, I'm gonna go look for some Benadryl
Actually, the path that you describe for the reaction sounds more you're hitting a vein, because the drug is going to your heart first, then distributed throughout the body. If you hit an artery, the reaction would go down the limb you hit only, in the direction away from the heart. The other reason it matters is because a histamine reaction from an artery shot can be dangerous/fatal, but venous histamine reactions are generally benign (assuming you don't have a true allergy to dope).

But yes, I can't recommend the benadryl enough, you can even take it ahead of time like someone mentioned and prevent the reaction from occurring for the most part!

Share this on:

Tags
heroin

» New Threads
Maeng Da Kratom
Last post by rhino236
47 Replies, 96,143 Views
jaw clenching / teeth grinding ?...
Last post by Dawn Godess
1 Replies, 37 Views
Sex and DXM
Last post by hunter19877