Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Morphine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 21-09-2012, 07:17
MachoManSavage MachoManSavage is offline
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.
 
Join Date: 04-04-2012
Male from Canada
Posts: 150
MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.
Why didn't I get that high off of 60 mg of morphine?

I don't have a high tolerance to strong opiates. 5 grams of kratom gets me high, 90 mgs of codeine gets me high, and 3 poppy pods gets me high. I'm extremely lucky in this regard.

So, I got my hands on a 60 mg morphine pill. I was super excited, and took it whole (I'm the kind of guy who is scared to try MDMA or LSD, but I never fear opiates). I took it, expecting the best high of my life.

What followed was nothing but extreme fatigue, and some nausea.

What on earth happened? If such small amounts of codeine can get me feeling nice and content, why the hell did such a large dose of morphine give no euphoria? This happened once before where 40 mgs of oxy got me nothing either.

Can someone explain this? Thanks
  #2  
Old 23-09-2012, 15:39
MoonLitCrystal MoonLitCrystal is offline
Titanium Member
 
Join Date: 21-05-2011
31 y/o Female from United States
Posts: 200
MoonLitCrystal is on the way upMoonLitCrystal is on the way upMoonLitCrystal is on the way upMoonLitCrystal is on the way up
Points: 483, Level: 3 Points: 483, Level: 3 Points: 483, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Why didn't I get that high off of 60 mg of morphine?

Hey Macho. In my experience, morphine gives me a completely different "high" than other opiates do (Oxy, Methadone, etc). I've heard many people say the same thing as well. I am no expert, but I'm thinking that the reason why you were disappointed with morphine is that it doesn't give you that kick like other opiates do. When I take the stuff, I don't suddenly look around and go, "Wow I'm high as fuck!" It comes on gradually, and usually about an hour after I take it I notice that I'm drowsy and my body feel real relaxed.

If I want to get high, morphine is pretty much my last choice. Don't get me wrong, it's a great drug for pain (obviously) and it keeps you out of WDs. I just prefer a different feeling.

Oh, and about the 40 mg Oxy that didn't get you high: been there, it sucks. I honestly have no clue why this happens every now and then. One day I can take 50 mg Oxy and not feel a thing, then a week later I can take 15 mg and get high! WTF? I know my tolerance does not go up & down that quickly. If I had to make a guess, I would say maybe taking the Oxy on an empty stomach would get you higher than if you take it on a full stomach? But still, that doesn't explain the huge difference. Maybe it's the opiate gods messing with us or something
  #3  
Old 24-09-2012, 23:55
MachoManSavage MachoManSavage is offline
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.
 
Join Date: 04-04-2012
Male from Canada
Posts: 150
MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.
Re: Why didn't I get that high off of 60 mg of morphine?

Hahaha, those opiate gods can get tricky. Thanks for the answer then. I guess I'll just stick to not only what works for me, but which is perfectly in tune with Canada's laws.

Thanks again brother.
  #4  
Old 07-10-2012, 21:47
bosley11111 bosley11111 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 08-06-2012
Female from USA - Colorado
Posts: 10
bosley11111 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Re: Why didn't I get that high off of 60 mg of morphine?

Donk is trying 60mg orange zomorph tonight. CWE method. he started with 30's and nothing so tonight its 60's i'll let you know how he gets on

bosley11111 added 135 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Donk just did it again. Still waiting. Another pin in the wall, git

bosley11111 added 1321 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Ahh my friend. GOT it at last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Donk just done 100mg Zomorph with 50mg of cyclozine.
Its the new winner. Dyconol dont make me laugh

bosley11111 added 143 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

Trying To put this in a foulder. Donk and a few have tried it now. It feels safe if you know what i mean. The rush is long and liks the first day you had an orgasmn. The warm tummy starts right away with that got to lay down feeling. The nod just keep waking you up to remind you. Anyone now how to put it in its own foulder Cheers Bosley

Last edited by bosley11111; 07-10-2012 at 21:47. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #5  
Old 07-10-2012, 22:20
missparkles missparkles is offline
Platinum Member & Advisor
 
Join Date: 02-06-2009
Female from United Kingdom
Posts: 5,619
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 14,965, Level: 17 Points: 14,965, Level: 17 Points: 14,965, Level: 17
Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2%
Re: Why didn't I get that high off of 60 mg of morphine?

^^^I'm not sure why you're CWEing this capsule, can you please elaborate?

TIA

Sparkles.
  #6  
Old 08-10-2012, 11:10
bosley11111 bosley11111 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 08-06-2012
Female from USA - Colorado
Posts: 10
bosley11111 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Re: Why didn't I get that high off of 60 mg of morphine?

Apart from H Donk don't like Heating anything. But have found away to do zomorph and cyclozine tonight that blows me away lol

bosley11111 added 747 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by missparkles View Post
^^^I'm not sure why you're CWEing this capsule, can you please elaborate?

TIA

Sparkles.
Hi ya. I was told never to heat Zomorph. So Donk always smash them to bits and then 1.5 ml of some walm water. Leave for 20mins stire then wait 10 mins then pull through cig filter twice. Drop the cyclozine from the start xxxx

bosley11111 added 1 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

Sorry is there a better way???? most interested??????

Last edited by bosley11111; 08-10-2012 at 11:10. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #7  
Old 17-07-2013, 01:22
MadOne MadOne is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 01-11-2011
35 y/o Male from England
Posts: 192
MadOne needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 109, Level: 1 Points: 109, Level: 1 Points: 109, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Re: Why didn't I get that high off of 60 mg of morphine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosley11111 View Post
Donk is trying 60mg orange zomorph tonight. CWE method. he started with 30's and nothing so tonight its 60's i'll let you know how he gets on

bosley11111 added 135 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Donk just did it again. Still waiting. Another pin in the wall, git

bosley11111 added 1321 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Ahh my friend. GOT it at last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Donk just done 100mg Zomorph with 50mg of cyclozine.
Its the new winner. Dyconol dont make me laugh

bosley11111 added 143 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

Trying To put this in a foulder. Donk and a few have tried it now. It feels safe if you know what i mean. The rush is long and liks the first day you had an orgasmn. The warm tummy starts right away with that got to lay down feeling. The nod just keep waking you up to remind you. Anyone now how to put it in its own foulder Cheers Bosley
Can relate to oxycodone being a unpredictable drug i once did 60ml of oxy liquid in one go and i was smoking gear. It was the 1mg/ml clear liquid and it did nothing to me really and this was when i had a very low tolerance. Back then 30ml-60ml of methadone would knock me clean out but 60mg of instant releif oxycodone that did nothing to me. I was well shocked as so many people mostly from usa or canada said there so much stronger and better than morphine. I found it to be about the same strength of morphine orally considering morphs poor oral bio but will admit when the oxy works well orally it does work well i assume it cus its oral bio varies a lot but i find morphine gives a better and more euphoric calming dreamy dazy/sedated euphoria. Buzz and High wise oxycodone idd compare to a stronger and more intense form of codiene. And also anyone who thinks morphine and cyclizine is stronger than diconal dipipanone and cyclizine tablets needs to think again i used to get diconal very regualy between 2002-2007 10mg of dipipanone orally is probably around the same as about 15mg of morphine possibly more. I am prescribed both morphine short and long acting and cyclizine tablets so trust me Diconal is deffo stronger than morph orally ive had all 4 similar drugs if you include fentanyl methadone and pethidine ! Its molecule is essentially identical to methadone from what I have read about dipipanone but it has a piperdine ring. So isnt it essentially a short acting version of methadone then ?!? My best ever low tolerance high with opioids came from when i was on 50mg of methadone a day. I dropped half my meth 25mg then 30 mins later i took the last 25ml of methadone and the 2 diconal 2hrs later i was ko'd big time and was nodding out hard for over 15 hours ! I was PROPPA SH*T*ACED Dipipanone is the daddy !!! 20-30 mg of morph and 60-100mg of cyclizine has never done that to me they absolutely urinated over any form of oral morphine trust me on that one

Last edited by MadOne; 07-08-2013 at 14:25. Reason: spelling mistakes and missing full stop's
  #8  
Old 18-07-2013, 23:19
BigDiggerNick BigDiggerNick is offline
Mercury Member
 
Join Date: 03-07-2013
Male from United States
Posts: 132
BigDiggerNick needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Re: Why didn't I get that high off of 60 mg of morphine?

It's because morphine has a poor oral BA. As for the 40mg of oxy that didn't get you high... are you sure?

How drugs react on ones opioid receptors vary from person to person. I guy I know gets no euphoria from opiates, however I do. This is just because everybody's different.

However don't go taking higher doses of these drugs, as the amount to OD between someone who gets euphoric from opiates and those who don't aren't higher. You're just not getting euphoria, it's NOT because of some natural tolerance.

As for the morphine, the best way of taking it recreationally is IV or plugging it. Because IV is dangerous (especially morphine pills, which I assume the one you had was ER because IR morphine is hard to get, that gel when put in water) I suggest you pug it next time. Maybe plug 30mg, because plugging has a higher BA, and your body can't expel it by throwing up. You can always take more later.
  #9  
Old 21-07-2013, 00:25
Cid Lysergic Cid Lysergic is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 06-10-2012
Male from Canada
Posts: 286
Cid Lysergic is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 228, Level: 2 Points: 228, Level: 2 Points: 228, Level: 2
Activity: 21.6% Activity: 21.6% Activity: 21.6%
Re: Why didn't I get that high off of 60 mg of morphine?

As said by others, swallowing is not very affective. I also believe that 60mg is a low dose, but then again everyone is different. For I, 80mg Oxycodone, 11g Kratom or 100-400mg Morphine. My level of tolerance is abnormally high even though I am not a frequent user of Opiates/oids. From personal experience, Morphine will not hit as hard in terms of a nod like others do. I may however have a cross tolerance relating to downers though.

In summary, it's either the way that you are taking it or your dose is not sufficient. Be safe though, too much can cause you to stop breathing so don't necessarily aim for broke.
  #10  
Old 06-08-2013, 02:45
shmazzle shmazzle is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 29-04-2012
20 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 8
shmazzle should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Why didn't I get that high off of 60 mg of morphine?

Time release medication produces undesired and sometimes sickly effects. If you had 2 morphine sulfate 30mg IR's, you wouldn't of had this problem. To this day, If I were to try to get to the high point of 2, 30mg IR's, using time-release morphine sulfates, I would get sick before I could get to that point.

The chemicals they use in the new time release opiates are poisonous, cancerous, untested, barbiturates listed as inactive substances in the FDA website. Look up each of these chemicals and you will know what I'm talking about. From untested antidepressants and antacids to different forms of plastics, it's all in there. I guess the pharmaceutical companys' attitude is, "We'll show those drug abusers! If someone takes this for more than a certain period, they'll have even more medical issues to tackle. If they're getting it from a doctor, then all they have to do is prescribe more potentially harmful and dependent drugs to counteract those symptoms. Without a doctor, the druggies will only destroy themselves at an even more frequent rate. That takes care of our druggy problem and at the same time, we don't lose out on the money we get from the druggies because we're getting real pain patients more dependent on the pharmaceutical companies in order for them to live a normal life. We may not make more on the oxys or opanas ect., but the ill effects produced by these medications will jumpstart our pharmaceutical industry even higher because of the sales of all the other medication, while killing off the druggies who die nearly immediately when trying to inject these lethal substances."


This may be a bit off topic, but I havn't shared this story with anyone yet and I think this will give you a better idea of what the pharmaceutical industries are doing to the medication we take. --------- At 13 years old I had mild acid problems with my stomach, frequent heartburn ect. Well my mom does what any concerned mom does in America, she takes me to a doctor (gastrologist). One esaphogeal edoscopy and an hour later, the doctor comes back with extremely vague descriptions of what wrong and gets offended at everything we ask, though he wasn't acting like this before the procedure. When he said change my diet, I asked him what food he thinks I should eat, Immediately he cops this attitude and yells out, " I don't know! My guess would be to eat what your not eating now!" My mom sitting next to me looks shocked (I was 13 mind you), and she begins to say, "Well all he wants to know is what he should"..... the doctor cuts her off and yells again, "If you don't trust me being your doctor, then maybe you should go somewhere else!" He then passively aggressively rights out a prescription for Prilosect OTC prescription strength and stomps out the room like a child.
Well I go home and take the medication as prescribed, one pill 30 mins before a meal and boom! no more acid problem. Being a Naive 13 year old, I don't question the pill or the doctor, except I never changed my diet as the doctor never really emphasized the importance of it, or what to quit and start eating. For 5 years I took it before every large meal, especially dinner. I began questioning it at 18 years old ( I'm 20 now). The only reason I did was because 2 years before, I battled my seasonal allergy, upper respiratory infection without the use of antibiotics or anything else for that matter. I realized that ever since then, even to this day, I don't get seasonal allergies anymore.

This got me questioning doctors and the pharmaceutical industries. I looked at my new prescription label and I seen something I didn't see before, "This medication is not intended for more than 2 weeks of daily use." I go to the FDA website and I look at their newly founded description that long term use of this medication and other Proton Pump Inhibitors can produce random bone fractures, mainly at the hip, due to a calcium deficiency. I was taking this for many years before this label just showed up. I guess the public was the guinea pig in this medication. This gets me to stop the medication all together, but guess what happens the next day after not taking it with my home cooked dinner! Eating at 7pm, going to bed at midnight and waking up at 10am to regurgitating the entire meal along with some blood, only partially digested. I continued with this problem every morning after that, for about a year and a half, or 6 months ago.

Now that I've been eating only organic, fresh produce along with eliminating wheat in my diet, I no longer have this digestive issue or the anxiety disorder I developed in December of 2011. The point of me telling this true happening here is for everyone to realize that the opiates they intend to use is no more toxic that the chemicals you come into contact with everyday, the real culprit is everything else being put in it. With hydrocodone/acetaminophen, people only go into liver failure, when taking too much of it, because of the acetaminophen content, without the acetaminophen, yes there would be more drug addicts, but less dead people. With that situation alone it's obvious that the pharmaceutical higher ups are not at all interested in the number of lives being taken, but the amount of profit they will obtain by poisoning the ones who use their products, whether it be a drug addict, or a regular doctors' patient. Now-a-days, it's the addiction category they are focusing on, knocking down every useful opiate until nothings left I'm afraid. Good luck everyone and may you find pure, unpolluted substances to safely enjoy in the times to come.

Post Quality Evaluations:
This post goes off on a tangent that has nothing to do with the thread title. You make wild and unsubstantiated claims. Just a rant really
  #11  
Old 06-08-2013, 10:24
missparkles missparkles is offline
Platinum Member & Advisor
 
Join Date: 02-06-2009
Female from United Kingdom
Posts: 5,619
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 14,965, Level: 17 Points: 14,965, Level: 17 Points: 14,965, Level: 17
Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2%
Re: Why didn't I get that high off of 60 mg of morphine?

I don't know which part of this post to begin with, so I'll just start near the beginning.
Quote:
"The chemicals they use in the new time release opiates are poisonous, cancerous, untested, barbiturates listed as inactive substances in the FDA website. Look up each of these chemicals and you will know what I'm talking about. From untested antidepressants and antacids to different forms of plastics, it's all in there. I guess the pharmaceutical companys' attitude is, "We'll show those drug abusers! If someone takes this for more than a certain period, they'll have even more medical issues to tackle. If they're getting it from a doctor, then all they have to do is prescribe more potentially harmful and dependent drugs to counteract those symptoms. Without a doctor, the druggies will only destroy themselves at an even more frequent rate. That takes care of our druggy problem and at the same time, we don't lose out on the money we get from the druggies because we're getting real pain patients more dependent on the pharmaceutical companies in order for them to live a normal life. We may not make more on the oxys or opanas ect., but the ill effects produced by these medications will jumpstart our pharmaceutical industry even higher because of the sales of all the other medication, while killing off the druggies who die nearly immediately when trying to inject these lethal substances."
Making a claim doesn't make it true, and just because you got a little sick after taking s/r morphine makes them neither poisonous or cancerous. Of course these drugs have been tested, extensively I might add, and they don't contain any barbiturate like drugs. In fact none of the claims you've made, similar to the ones above, have you provided any proof of whatsoever. In most of your post you accuse the pharma companies of using their drugs to kill off the "druggies" (I hate the use of that word it's so disrespectful) and then you say that once they've done that they won't lose out as they have pain patients who will take their drugs in order to maintain a "normal" life. So which is it, do the drugs kill people or do they help people live normally. Or do the drugs differentiate between one person and another, can they actually tell when a pain patient is consuming them and when an addict (a much nicer word, don't you agree) does so? Sorry for being a little facetious in the last sentence but really love, it's difficult not to be.


Quote:
"This got me questioning doctors and the pharmaceutical industries. I looked at my new prescription label and I seen something I didn't see before, "This medication is not intended for more than 2 weeks of daily use." I go to the FDA website and I look at their newly founded description that long term use of this medication and other Proton Pump Inhibitors can produce random bone fractures, mainly at the hip, due to a calcium deficiency. I was taking this for many years before this label just showed up. I guess the public was the guinea pig in this medication. This gets me to stop the medication all together, but guess what happens the next day after not taking it with my home cooked dinner! Eating at 7pm, going to bed at midnight and waking up at 10am to regurgitating the entire meal along with some blood, only partially digested. I continued with this problem every morning after that, for about a year and a half, or 6 months ago."
You mentioned a Proton Pump Inhibitor, something I know little (to nothing) about. But after a little research of my own I did find out that something called "rebound hyperacidity" can occur. Could the symptoms you exhibited be more to do with your abrupt stopping of this drug? Perhaps you should have got it checked out rather than just putting up with the problem? The paragraph I qoted above has absolutely nothing to do with morphine, nothing.

Quote:
"Now that I've been eating only organic, fresh produce along with eliminating wheat in my diet, I no longer have this digestive issue or the anxiety disorder I developed in December of 2011. The point of me telling this true happening here is for everyone to realize that the opiates they intend to use is no more toxic that the chemicals you come into contact with everyday, the real culprit is everything else being put in it. With hydrocodone/acetaminophen, people only go into liver failure, when taking too much of it, because of the acetaminophen content, without the acetaminophen, yes there would be more drug addicts, but less dead people."
So if opiates were not combined with acetaminophen there would be more drug addicts...really, how do you come to that determination?

Quote:
"With that situation alone it's obvious that the pharmaceutical higher ups are not at all interested in the number of lives being taken, but the amount of profit they will obtain by poisoning the ones who use their products, whether it be a drug addict, or a regular doctors' patient. Now-a-days, it's the addiction category they are focusing on, knocking down every useful opiate until nothings left I'm afraid. Good luck everyone and may you find pure, unpolluted substances to safely enjoy in the times to come."
Ok make up your mind, is it addicts the big pharma companies are trying to kill or is it everyone who uses their opiate painkillers? Lastly, as I've already stated, the reason that it's difficult to get high from 60mgs of s/r morphine is because you don't get the whole 60mg dose all at once, that's why they call it slow release (s/r), which is what this thread is all about.

Sparkles.

Post Quality Evaluations:
glad someone's looking out for scientific methodology
  #12  
Old 06-08-2013, 12:49
Cid Lysergic Cid Lysergic is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 06-10-2012
Male from Canada
Posts: 286
Cid Lysergic is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 228, Level: 2 Points: 228, Level: 2 Points: 228, Level: 2
Activity: 21.6% Activity: 21.6% Activity: 21.6%
Re: Why didn't I get that high off of 60 mg of morphine?

If the time-release coating contained Barbiturates, why would one go to the effort to peel off that coating before snorting the pill?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good point about the coating.
  #13  
Old 06-08-2013, 18:21
shmazzle shmazzle is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 29-04-2012
20 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 8
shmazzle should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Why didn't I get that high off of 60 mg of morphine?

Well Sparkles, you're right about one thing, I didn't provide the proof, only, I stated where you can find it... "FDA Website." I guess I expected people to do a little research, sorry.

It says I can't post links so.... google Morphine Sulfate ER and click on (fda or drugs.com)------------------Here is a copy of the FDA information regarding Morphine sulfate.

Reference: (description section): The use of polymers in this medication is abundant, as well of the use of a titanium dioxide base for coloring as well as hydrated magnesium silicate. There are many different harmless substances that they could use, in place of the polymers they use, to slowly release a medication throughout the body, but yet they insist on the plastic-like polymers, 3 of them. Why use titanium dioxide when they can use harmless organically based food coloring. Probably because organic based food coloring doesn't have potential understudied health risks. The studies that were done providing the little information available on these "inactive substances" were not studies of individuals exposing themselves for years to these substances , but a couple weeks at most. Cancer, when discovered, is something that nothing can be attributed to, as far as the law goes. So blaming a medication or any one product is out of the question, because the doctor will state that this is a result of cumulative carcinogenic damage over a lifespan. The Watson ER MS Contins are actually one of the cleaner strong opiates available at the pharmacy. Do the research, or better yet extract pure morphine for yourself and tell the difference. There is your proof. Now, on to correct you, Sparkles.


[QUOTE]Making a claim doesn't make it true,...[QUOTE]

Indeed, the proof is now above, but with all do respect, you never provided evidence in the contrary.

Quote:
and just because you got a little sick after taking s/r morphine makes them neither poisonous or cancerous.
Never, did I say I got sick off any morphine product nor did I attribute any experience of mine with morphine as result of it being poisonous or cancerous.

Quote:
Of course these drugs have been tested, extensively I might add, and they don't contain any barbiturate like drugs.
You're right, the pill they make gets tested as a whole extensively before it is released to the public, but my post is about the listed inactive substances that are potentially harmful to you in the long run. My use of the word barbiturate was wrong, yes, I thought it meant unknown additives to "water down" substances for profit sake, but even that use, it would be wrong. What I meant though was just -additives-...I guess.

Quote:
In fact none of the claims you've made, similar to the ones above, have you provided any proof of whatsoever.
Refer to response 1.

Quote:
In most of your post you accuse the pharma companies of using their drugs to kill off the "druggies" (I hate the use of that word it's so disrespectful) and then you say that once they've done that they won't lose out as they have pain patients who will take their drugs in order to maintain a "normal" life. So which is it, do the drugs kill people or do they help people live normally.
You misunderstand. lets take the oxycontin OP's for example. If you ever took the OC's before, you can tell that it is impossible to take this medication every day, without running into some sort of horrible side effect within a week or so. for me it was 2 days, but friends began to complain of major headaches, incredible dizziness and nausea within a week. For them and me, we just found something else to take in it's place, but for most doctors, instead of switching the medication, they just prescribed more medication to counteract the nausea, headaches, ect. You see, the story goes that the public wanted the pharmaceutical companies to do something about the drug problem, but they new if all they did was dum down the effects, it would effect profits. When the came out with this, they knew their sales in the painkiller itself would go down substantially. But why does that matter? If they get more sales in other non-addictive medications because of the noticeable side effects, out of real pain patients might I remind you, the public won't attribute those profits to any their local controversies regarding drug problems in the neighborhood. They will lose some pain patients, but only to a different painkiller. The others have to take the new formula with 3 or 4 different non-addictive drugs to counteract the side effects of the painkiller. I wouldn't be surprised if the pharmaceutical companies profited from the entire ordeal.

While on this subject, I cousin of mine, truth, used to shoot the OC's up long before they changed the pill. He stopped doing it back then too, as he had a girl and a kid on the way. It was Oct. 17 of 2012 when he had a really painful tooth problem and he bought the oxycontin OP's off the street not knowing anything about this new formula. Determined to rid himself of this horrific pain, while in his mothers house, went into the bathroom and crushed as best he could before using a cotton ball as a filter. You can probably guess, He had a heart attack and died. The hospital, and the family, besides his wife (who knew of him and his habbits), saying it's his own fault for being a drug addict, even though he remained clean for 8 years according to his wife, and this was his first time shooting up anything since then. Let me say he was a nice person, he just had a 6'th grade education and lived in the south most of his life. He never knew or cared about knowing about the body, if he would've told me what he was doing before he did it, he would still be alive. Anyway, It's sad because the old formula might of gotten him high and may have made him turn back to being an addict on the street, but he would still be alive.

Oh, and I know the word "druggies" is disrespectful, which is why It was in quotations, marking that it's what the pharmaceutical companies thinking such things. Reading and comprehension skills level 2.

Quote:
Or do the drugs differentiate between one person and another, can they actually tell when a pain patient is consuming them and when an addict (a much nicer word, don't you agree) does so? Sorry for being a little facetious in the last sentence but really love, it's difficult not to be.
Yes they do actually tell, by producing more ill effects to those who abuse it rather than taking the medication as prescribed.

Quote:
You mentioned a Proton Pump Inhibitor, something I know little (to nothing) about. But after a little research of my own I did find out that something called "rebound hyperacidity" can occur. Could the symptoms you exhibited be more to do with your abrupt stopping of this drug? Perhaps you should have got it checked out rather than just putting up with the problem? The paragraph I qoted above has absolutely nothing to do with morphine, nothing."
I know it says I'm a newbie and everything, and I know the temptation to correct everything I stated really must have gotten to you, but when you act the way you do in mere text form, it's obvious you are not a pleasant person to be around. If you would do just a little more research, you would find that rebound hyperacidity would have the exact opposite effect as the symptoms I described and would last up to a month at most, not a year and a half. If it's so off topic, why do you make assumptions like, "Perhaps you should have got it checked out rather than just putting up with the problem."?

Since you brought it up, I did get it checked out, A second esophageal endoscopy was conducted and found nothing but irritation. I describe to these people that I'm vomiting blood along with partially digested food every morning, but it's like they didn't believe me. I went from doctor to doctor, on my 5'th try I talked one into conducting an study with radioactive eggs. surprise surprise, test was normal, except I was having my problem digesting dinner food overnight, then waking up to throwing up half of it partially digested along with blood... not one fluffy scrambled egg with nothing else while sitting up the entire time. If you would read carefully instead of just skimming through my post, you would have realized this off topic story (clearly stated by smiley in my post) was about the nefarious methods of the pharmaceutical companies to get people dependent on them for profit sake, yes the same one who make morphine. So "The paragraph" you "qoted above has absolutely" something "to do with morphine", something.

Quote:
So if opiates were not combined with acetaminophen there would be more drug addicts...really, how do you come to that determination?
This argument is laughably absurd. Yes there would be more because there would be less dead ones succumbing to liver failure, therefore, there would be more living drug addicts. Come on now!

Quote:
Ok make up your mind, is it addicts the big pharma companies are trying to kill or is it everyone who uses their opiate painkillers? Lastly, as I've already stated, the reason that it's difficult to get high from 60mgs of s/r morphine is because you don't get the whole 60mg dose all at once, that's why they call it slow release (s/r), which is what this thread is all about.
If you would read the post instead of skipping through it like 7 year old schoolgirl, they are trying to off the drug addicts and slowly get the pain patients to experience 2 or more, but not too many, symptoms so that they can make more money, off the elderly especially, and not be accused of supplying the drug community with ready-for-abuse narcotics. I have a high very high tolerance to this stuff, orally, and I would definitely feel two 30mg's time releases, without peeling the coating, just barely though. Someone like MachoManSavage, with little tolerance, should have at least felt good, definitely no euphoria, for a while even without chewing. Which is what this thread is about. Peel the coating, if they are like the Watsons, next time, MachoManSavage, and you should feel very good for 3-4 hours. When someone gets sick off pure morphine, it's because they took too much, but, like in your case, the pharmaceutical extended release versions especially when not peeled or chewed, have the potential to give you bad side effects.

Now that I have completely and utterly corrected the one who was making all of those wacky assumptions, it's time to take may leave for now, cya!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Confrontational and condescending tone. Keep content on topic and avoid negative personal comments.
Extremely rude, arrogant and personal. Is that really necessary or constructive?
  #14  
Old 07-08-2013, 17:05
missparkles missparkles is offline
Platinum Member & Advisor
 
Join Date: 02-06-2009
Female from United Kingdom
Posts: 5,619
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 14,965, Level: 17 Points: 14,965, Level: 17 Points: 14,965, Level: 17
Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2%
Re: Why didn't I get that high off of 60 mg of morphine?

I've used morphine sulphate in varying doses in s/r and i/r form, as have the friends from a pain clinic I used to attend. As far as the Oxycontin are concerned I now use these in both the s/r and i/r formulation, and again I have never had this kinda problem with them. I've checked through DFs Oxycontin threads and can't seem to find any reference to anyone else that has either, could this be something that's peculiar to you and not the drug? I hope this helps?

Sparkles.
  #15  
Old 11-08-2013, 18:00
Middleageddroopyguy Middleageddroopyguy is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 26-09-2012
Male from Earth
Posts: 11
Middleageddroopyguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Why didn't I get that high off of 60 mg of morphine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmazzle View Post
Well Sparkles, you're right about one thing, I didn't provide the proof, only, I stated where you can find it... "FDA Website." I guess I expected people to do a little research, sorry.

It says I can't post links so.... google Morphine Sulfate ER and click on (fda or drugs.com)------------------Here is a copy of the FDA information regarding Morphine sulfate.

Reference: (description section): The use of polymers in this medication is abundant, as well of the use of a titanium dioxide base for coloring as well as hydrated magnesium silicate. There are many different harmless substances that they could use, in place of the polymers they use, to slowly release a medication throughout the body, but yet they insist on the plastic-like polymers, 3 of them. Why use titanium dioxide when they can use harmless organically based food coloring. Probably because organic based food coloring doesn't have potential understudied health risks. The studies that were done providing the little information available on these "inactive substances" were not studies of individuals exposing themselves for years to these substances , but a couple weeks at most. Cancer, when discovered, is something that nothing can be attributed to, as far as the law goes. So blaming a medication or any one product is out of the question, because the doctor will state that this is a result of cumulative carcinogenic damage over time
You do realize that what you're claiming is not vague than what you're saying that doctors or medical industry is claiming. The property reply would have been to cite some sort of study where any of those inactive ingredients were found to have negative or carcinogen properties, not just foist the responsibility back at sparkles


Also, I'm sorry about your cousin, but I'm trying to understand the relevance of that story in relation to this discussion..

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good point made about the relevance of this story.

Share this on:

Tags
morphine, morphine absorption rate, morphine after-effects, morphine tolerance, opiate abuse, opiate side effects, opiate strength, opiate tolerance

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why we get high - Bruce Eisner article trptamene Miscellaneous News 6 05-02-2014 21:10
Cultivation - Opium - Poppy Cultivation, Morphine and Heroin Manufacture BA Opium & Poppy 2 04-08-2012 06:08
Drug info - First Time High On Morphine yokiki Morphine 12 11-11-2011 00:16
Effects - Ridiculously high morphine tolerance(cant really get high) neversummer Morphine 2 23-02-2011 20:15
Surgery with a high morphine tolerance? Venusia Morphine 13 02-06-2009 04:47

» New Threads
What was your first...
Last post by noddynodderson
12 Replies, 243 Views
change for opiate withdrawal from...
Last post by ianzombie
4 Replies, 125 Views
noob when it comes to ghb, is it...
Last post by SleepIs4TheWeak
3 Replies, 669 Views
Diazepam
Last post by Suttyboii
0 Replies, 1 Views
Pyrazolam: To snort or not to...
Last post by highganja99
2 Replies, 175 Views
Opiate and benzos withdrawal...
Last post by Dawn Godess
23 Replies, 981 Views
Can I do LSD 2 days in a row if it...
Last post by ianzombie
10 Replies, 213 Views
Salvia quids wont stick together
Last post by ianzombie
6 Replies, 114 Views
how much weight have you lost...
Last post by SleepIs4TheWeak
2 Replies, 61 Views
appetite when using and other...
Last post by SleepIs4TheWeak
3 Replies, 392 Views
» New Wiki Articles

Sitelinks: Information:

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:27.


Copyright: SIN Foundation 2003 - 2014, All rights reserved
"Wiki" powered by VaultWiki v3.0.20 PL 1.