Notices

Old 19-09-2012, 02:24
Silver Member

41 y/o Female from United States
abagailadams is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%
Perscribed new Opana 20mg, need help

I was forced to switch pain clinics as my clinic was shut down and I went to the new pain clinic for the first time today.. I told him I had been taking 2 30mg Morphine and 4 10mg oxycodone roxi a day. He says, way too much! and puts me on Opana 20mg 2 a day. I hate to admit it but I'll snort anything that will powder and now im screwed. Since its a new dr, is there any advice I can get from you guys on what to do. I was thinking call within a few days and tell them Im having side effects. I had gastric bypass surgery a few years ago so I have that malabsorptive issue, thought about saying they arent lasting.. im grasping at straws here. Advice?

My kitty tried to shave it with a pedegg (for your feet) and got a little powder, mostly green. Took her forever to scrape it and got hardly nothing, pill still 90% there and there was minimal to no high from her snorting it.
Old 19-09-2012, 03:30
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

21 y/o Male from United States
Nieder196 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Perscribed new Opana 20mg, need help

My brother kept complaining to his Dr. that he was having intense arthritis. It took him a couple of trips, but he's also extremely over weight. They took him him from 20mg OP and 40 mg OP to 40mg and 60mg. Hope i could at least jump start the help. Sorry bro... That really sucks though.
Old 19-09-2012, 23:53
Silver Member

not a bro just updated my avatar lol... but I appreciate the comment.. I have taken these "as perscribed" for the last day and they are a pile of steaming shit. I was in so much pain this morning. I would have given anything for 15mg of Roxi to snort and get myself going... I took this Opana and laid in bed 45 minutes before I felt even a twinge of relief.. then I had to take some caffeine pills to get me up and going despite the pain. I just wanted to lay in bed and cry. I called my dr today (11am) and left a message on the nurse's emergency help line, no return phone call all day. They really care huh? I'm just going to tell her I'm in pain.. its not working. I either need breakthrough meds like I was on at my previous clinic or a different medication. btw, this clinic is the first one I ever went to years ago before my ortho sent me elsewhere (before I got bad into the opiates and the pain got worse) but they gave me fent patches back then, 25's, cause of my absorption issues from gastric bypass. Don't really want that again cause im sure I could get it but I ate toooo much of that gel and set my bathroom on fire hahaha

I just need something I can crush and get that relief in the morning then i will take them as prescribed all day like a good girl.. its the mornings that KILL me.

Does cutting and chewing these do any good?

Last edited by abagailadams; 20-09-2012 at 00:05.
Old 20-09-2012, 02:46

Opana would be Oxymorphone, but i'm sure you are familiar with Oxycodone. Oxymorphone is really a stronger medication than Oxycodone.

The oxycotton now have changed from an OC, which is just a plain oxycotton that you could snort, smoke, shoot, or whatever you wanted to do. To an OP, which has a rubbery looking seal around the pill. This seal stops you from being able to snort it, smoke it, ect. I actually haven't seen a single real OC in about 2 years.

Opana has the same little deal going on. I belive Opana has the original pills that were not sealed, but i do know that they have Opana in a gel tablet also. If your Opana is a gel tablet then you have extended-release Oxymorphone. Opana ER . Its not gonna hit you like you want it, but it will last a long time. I really dont know anything to tell you that you could take except Roxycottin.

He has a lot of friends who seem to like to smoke the Roxys. So, He tried it and he doesn't like the immediate release. He likes to feel it for a good 6 hours.

Back to the point.

Maybe you should just call them like you said and explain to them that you cant even get out of the bed and you need the extended release. Sounds like a legit reason to give someone extended release. I would.
Old 20-09-2012, 15:18
Silver Member

This is the one I'm prescribed.. its like concrete.. I try to keep my tolerance down, my previous meds I did as little as I could for relief.. I cant even cut these in half for midday relief.. or morning relief via a rail.

Tried to call the dr... still no call back. Man I wish I had a good clinic... or a good, easy way to do these pills. and Ive had a constant headache and hot feeling since I started them, no lie.. even the boyfriend said my head felt hot... ugh.. why do drs switch up meds that are working ...
Old 20-09-2012, 21:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by abagailadams View Post

This is the one I'm prescribed.. its like concrete.. I try to keep my tolerance down, my previous meds I did as little as I could for relief.. I cant even cut these in half for midday relief.. or morning relief via a rail.

Tried to call the dr... still no call back. Man I wish I had a good clinic... or a good, easy way to do these pills. and Ive had a constant headache and hot feeling since I started them, no lie.. even the boyfriend said my head felt hot... ugh.. why do drs switch up meds that are working ...

I made a special phone call to a friend of mine just for you and you definitely are not a bro. Please excuse me for that

Afterwards, i did some research because so many people are having problems with the ER's. My friend told me that the pill has this chemical all throughout the pill that will ruin it if it has contact with moisture. My friend is very reliable on this topic also. He also said that heating the pill up could ruin, so if you are just completely stuck with the ER's i would say that you will have to just talk to your doctor. He needs to know that you cannot live with this pain and you either need immediate release IR's, or you need to have you opana dosage up'd.

This is such a mystery that nobody has seemed to figure out yet. We need all the smart addicts to start doin some experimenting. Haha. I have never been stumped over the facts of a pain pill in my life.

I know i have said this already, but i do love the 60-80mg OP's You can bite them and that makes it hit you harder. Not necessarily hit you faster, but definitely harder.

Everyone has a diffrient tolerance than one another, i'm sure that not everyone is the same size, we all have diffrient problems, and not everyone gets the same effect that another person merely because we are diffrient.
If you have never taken an OP before than i think you would like it even though it is extended release. When it comes to Roxy, OxyC, or even the, supposedly twice as strong, OxyM. The OP's do me straight and i'll be nodding in 1 1/2 and will not come down until 5 or 6 hours later.

I also love 40mg methadone wafers. They last just as long as the OP's, but methadone is just euphorically better in every way it could be to me. Methadone gets me the highest then anything else i have ever taken. Only thing that comes to mind that i have never taken is Dilaudid.
Old 20-09-2012, 22:41
Silver Member

Male from United States
hamsterdam is a decent psychonaut.hamsterdam is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 488, Level: 3 Points: 488, Level: 3 Points: 488, Level: 3
Activity: 14.2% Activity: 14.2% Activity: 14.2%

How could there be a chemical that ruins the pill if it comes in contact with moisture? There's plenty of moisture in your stomach / intestines
Old 21-09-2012, 11:38
Silver Member

Thank you very much Nieder196 for taking an interest and getting information for me, that was very nice of you. I've done quite a bit of research over the last several days and unless I want to go through these processes of microwaving them and freezing them or using a dremel drill to grind it into powder, it looks like its going to have to be oral for me, unfortunately.

The nurse finally called me back today after leaving two voicemails on separate days.. She said my body needs to adjust from the medicine I was taking before and this new medicine. She said it took a few days to really get into your system and begin to work properly. I mentioned about the morning pain and told her flat out I needed something immediate release in the am or I can't get out of bed, I said they gave me Roxicodone before for morning use, she said he will not write that script at this time. To take my meds as prescribed and when I come in for my next appointment in about 3 weeks, I can discuss it with him then.

To tell ya the truth I'm buzzing pretty good right now and about a 4 on the pain scale whereas I am usually a 9 in the mornings. My boyfriend had to be up at 4am for work... so I took my pill about 11pm but I chewed it up, got a little relief, laid in bed till almost 1am so I decided it was insomnia.. I got up and watched some TV. about 3am I took some work snippers (pic at bottom) and about 3/4 of a pill up in about 15 pieces, little as I could get them.. chewed a little, swallowed. Took two Neurontin behind them
and about 45 minutes later I was stumbling lol Dont know if its just the pills or lack of sleep but I'm not in pain and I'm feeling pretty good.. I'm nodding too, which is an opiate thing... I'm sober enough to type this even though I have to backspace and re-spell every other word lmao.

so it looks like im stuck with them orally until I go back to the dr... hopefully I can buy a few Roxi off the street and use that in the mornings... again, thanks for your help!! <3

p.s. attachment shows the snippers I used to cut the pill up... worked good.
Old 21-09-2012, 15:10
Silver Member

46 y/o Female from Earth
2long2tired is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1
Activity: 6.9% Activity: 6.9% Activity: 6.9%

Opana does come in IR. Also there is a way to make it so you can make powder. Involves microwaving, then freezing...Sorry I cant give you the specifics, I would look.around, somebody knows. My pet dragon really liked the op, good pain releiver and nice high.
Old 21-09-2012, 20:27

I'm glad that you appreciate the help so much. There are not many things in this world that i enjoy talking about, but pain pills and politics are my shit haha

Good luck with everything.
Where i am from, Roxie's are extremely expensive. I can get a 80mg OP for 10 dollars cheaper than a stupid Roxi

Post Quality Evaluations:
Drug price discussion is against the forum rules.
Old 15-10-2012, 03:07
Silver Member

Male from United States
Inreksalsa is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Hello. I understand your frustration with the new Opana ER's. I used to get decent relief from the old Opana ER's (2x 10mg daily) with 4x 10/325mg hydrocodone for BT pain. Sometimes i would insufflate for quicker punch and relief from pain.
The new formula shot that all to hell. That said, it is still possible to break them down to somewhat of a powder using a Dremel with 120 grit sanding bits. Not as fine a powder as the old stop sign Opana's but good enough to insufflate. Effects not as strong as the old formula, but still stronger than just dosing orally. But definitely a pain in the ass.
For me, it took titrating up from 10mg Opana ER 2x daily to 30mg Opana ER 2x daily, taken orally, to match the relief from the old formula.
Also, it is important to drink a full glass or bottle of water when dosing the new formula. It significantly speeds up the onset of pain relief with the new plastic pills.
Good luck in managing your pain!
Old 15-10-2012, 07:10

Female from United States
Brompton cocktail should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8%

Opana is a strong drug especially intranasally. My one eyed cat uses a dremel to make her opanas sniffable. I think why these pills aren't working very good is it takes time for them to work. If your cat has a dremel I'd have it try shaving down the pills that way. If your cat doesn't have one you can get one at any hardware store or that store that ALWAYS has low prices.

I hope this helps you
Old 20-10-2012, 07:37
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
FastMike5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by abagailadams View Post
I was forced to switch pain clinics as my clinic was shut down and I went to the new pain clinic for the first time today.. I told him I had been taking 2 30mg Morphine and 4 10mg oxycodone roxi a day. He says, way too much! and puts me on Opana 20mg 2 a day. I hate to admit it but I'll snort anything that will powder and now im screwed. Since its a new dr, is there any advice I can get from you guys on what to do. I was thinking call within a few days and tell them Im having side effects. I had gastric bypass surgery a few years ago so I have that malabsorptive issue, thought about saying they arent lasting.. im grasping at straws here. Advice?

My kitty tried to shave it with a pedegg (for your feet) and got a little powder, mostly green. Took her forever to scrape it and got hardly nothing, pill still 90% there and there was minimal to no high from her snorting it.

Hi There!

Don't worry I snort opana every single day!

I sent you a message with everything you need to know!

Good night!

-Mike

FastMike5 added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastMike5 View Post
Hi There!

Good night!

-Mike

I forgot,

Don't forget to check out my thread "INSTANT powdered opana"

Last edited by FastMike5; 20-10-2012 at 07:37. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 22-10-2012, 18:03
Mercury Member

23 y/o Male from USA - West Virginia
jarlaxle needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

burn it, in a spoon like really burn it and then eat it, burning will somewhat break the time release and its alot better than just poping one and saying well i hope im not gonna be dopesick today. any1 who injects would be ill advised to try this tho as i did for about a month, and then my friend gave me an article about some1 banging those new opanas and ended up having a sac of fluid the size of a softball in his leg,
Old 25-10-2012, 01:54
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
FastMike5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarlaxle View Post
burn it, in a spoon like really burn it and then eat it, burning will somewhat break the time release and its alot better than just poping one and saying well i hope im not gonna be dopesick today. any1 who injects would be ill advised to try this tho as i did for about a month, and then my friend gave me an article about some1 banging those new opanas and ended up having a sac of fluid the size of a softball in his leg,

I hope you're not being serious. I keep hearing horror stories about people who burn their opana to a crisp. Don't do that shit.

My solution is much much simpler.

Have a good one.

-Mike
Old 05-11-2012, 20:11
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
slater89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 78, Level: 1 Points: 78, Level: 1 Points: 78, Level: 1
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

try using a hose clamp as a grinder [rough side of it]
Old 31-01-2013, 03:15

Male from United States
irish45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

can you send me the info too? thanks

irish45 added 0 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastMike5 View Post
Hi There!

Good night!

-Mike

FastMike5 added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

I forgot,

Don't forget to check out my thread "INSTANT powdered opana"
can you send the info to me also? thanks

Last edited by irish45; 31-01-2013 at 03:15. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-02-2013, 23:17

33 y/o Male from United States
Bricky should review received reputation comments.
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

I got the same pills as OP, but mine are yellow, with "40" and "E" imprint.

I took a ped egg to it and snorted with hardly any effects. I think it's better to parachute it.
Old 22-02-2013, 10:39
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from United States
troubles1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

Are you guys serious burning . Freezing ,parachuting , wow my friends are going to get a laugh and I needed it right now. Look yea the new ones are not as easy to do as the old scrap the coating and crush. But still take less than 45 sec to prepare.and are almost as good there by far the best thing out there. The only difference is the old ones tasted super yummy . I have been on these for years. Go to the store spend $ 20 on a dremal. And 120 grit sanding bits. Best purchase ever.it's common knowledge here .hold with pliers shave add baking soda that's a must it helps with drainage and your wanting it to stick to the mucus membrane not turn into a glob of goo.sit back and enjoy.
I know a few years ago I would of thought you was messing with me if you told me I would have to use power tools on meds. But it is what it is .I know a lot of people who are kicking themselves cause the switched to something else when these new ones came out.now it's back to everybody wants them. I bet Endo bought stock in dermal when they changed to these new pills.
One last thing oxymoriphone is 3 times stronger than Oxycontin . The bioavailability is weaker but your dog is not trying to eat them so if you are used to Oxycodone go easy on them at first wait a while before you do more.
Old 26-02-2013, 20:42
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from United States
mistman is a decent psychonaut.mistman is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 387, Level: 3 Points: 387, Level: 3 Points: 387, Level: 3
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

They just came out with some new generic Opana ER's made by Impax. They were released in late January 2013. THEY ARE SNORTABLE. Seek these out when you get your next script.

Share this on: