Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Hydromorphone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 18-09-2012, 00:12
Silver Member

25 y/o Female from Canada
BitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline Medline
Points: 2,800, Level: 7 Points: 2,800, Level: 7 Points: 2,800, Level: 7
Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5%
Not able to get high from snorting

Hi all,

For some reason, SWIM has been unable to get high from snorting Dilaudid; not even the slightest feeling of being high. SWIM has tried snorting on several occasions. At first she thought she was doing it wrong, but she searched the internet and tried all sorts of methods. SWIM finds that even when her nose isn't stuffed, after one line, her nose is clogged up and can't do any further lines effectively (in her opinion). This might explain why she thinks she is not getting high, because she is not snorting enough, but like SWIM just explained, this seems to be the problem she is coming across.

SWIM's opiate tolerance is extremely high. SWIM plugged twice, and got decently high, but mostly she passed out soon after. Although orally, Dilaudid has a lower bio-availability than other methods of administration, she is still finding that it is the only way she can seem to get a good body buzz. SWIM feels like she is wasting her drugs, and would appreciate advice.
Old 18-09-2012, 00:28
Banned

29 y/o Male from USA - South Dakota
Hanstara is a decent psychonaut.
Re: Not able to get high from snorting

Swim thinks you should try another ROA. If my memory serves me correct the Bio-Availability of Hydromorphone is about the same Snorted as it is Taken Oral. There might be a slight difference. The ROA might also depend on what seperate user's think. Each person has a preference. Swim has heard of people Plugging and like it better than some methods. But who can say if one is better than the other. Swim does know that IV Rivals that of any other ROA but i would not professionaly recomend it..

Last edited by Hanstara; 18-09-2012 at 00:30. Reason: Browser Messed Up
Old 18-09-2012, 21:53
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Schmick is a decent psychonaut.Schmick is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 174, Level: 2 Points: 174, Level: 2 Points: 174, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

What size of pills are you snorting and how many of them?

You have an opiate tolerance?? What is your normal dose of the opiate youn usally use?
Old 21-09-2012, 00:39

Male from United States
smokeweed is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

SWIM has a very low tolerance to opiates and finds that snorting even one yellow 4mg Dilaudid will have him well-opiated for at least three hours. This is just SWIM's experience, but I've also heard that IVing Hydromorphone is the way to go. But for the sake of this being a harm reduction forum, SWIM would refrain from IVing anything.
Old 22-09-2012, 17:22
Silver Member

59 y/o Male from Canada
keychick is an unknown quantity at this point

Try plugging your medicine, you will be very impressed!
Give it a go...providing you know your tolarance?
Be very careful please!
Old 05-10-2012, 14:16

Male from Canada
oxycontiin is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

The oral BA of hydromorphone is almost negligible. How much exactly are you ingesting? If you have an 'extremely high' opiate tolerance that would require an insane amount of the drug. Have you ever snorted any other drugs? It's important to crush the pill as much as possible. If you're interested, I snort about 24 - 30 mg of Dilaudid to feel comfortable. I doubt by ingesting even double that amount I'd feel anything similar. Snorting does work.

oxycontiin added 10 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

I noticed your other post where you mentioned using a pill crusher. That's perfect. No need to use a credit card after, the pill crusher does a good job. Personally, I like doing more thin long lines than few fat lines with Dilaudid. With something like oxycontin, it's different. But for me, the shear amount of substance I have to fit in my nose makes it a bit of a challenge lol. Maybe try that, although you should state exactly how much you've tried snorting at once. One last thing, on your other post you said you get no body buzz. If you a want a body buzz you're doing the wrong drug. Dilaudid is a short, fast-acting, straight to the head kind of high. A little disappointing, yes, but you work with what you got, right? gl from miss, on

Last edited by oxycontiin; 05-10-2012 at 14:16. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-10-2012, 08:00
Silver Member

BitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline MedlineBitterSweet must mainline Medline

Thanks for the reply. Yep, Dilaudid seems to be bittersweet (just as my username indicates haha), and is the only opiate I can get my hands on, which could be a blessing in disguise since Oxy is insanely addicting.

There are times when I have no choice but to take it orally, which is such a waste, but it is either that, or spend a night sober (I take it when I'm with a friend but he doesn't know I use, so it is hard to snort something, although I guess I could keep it in my pill crusher and go to the bathroom, but the snorting sound would make me worry too much that I'd be caught red handed).

Today SWIM took 40 mg at once, orally, due to the reason just stated. That was definitely proof of my opiate tolerance. When SWIM got home just now, she crushed up 8 mg and snorted it. She seems to have done it more effectively for some reason; she is learning what works and what doesn't work after a lot of trial and error. She used her pill crusher, which gets it pretty fine. She has learned how to not leave a "dust trail" of the white powder all over her CD case, credit card, etc. (using the 8mg strength pills). SWIM then puts it onto a CD case, uses the top of the pill crusher to do some final crushing - SWIM has found this extra step of crushing to be effective. SWIM uses a straw, sticks it half way up her nose, pointed to the back right, and back left (when using the left nose). Then she tilts her head back, plugs the opposite nose used to snort, and sniffs semi-hard, as to avoid getting it sent to the back of her throat like so many times before. A minute or two after, she tries to snort a few drops of water but is careful not to snort too much water or otherwise it all hits her throat.

After research on the internet, SWIM does short, thin lines rather than all at once. SWIM is starting to feel the effects now - snorted roughly 6mg worth and feels more than taking 40 mg orally. Lately SWIM has been becoming extremely nauscious all the time lately when she uses, but that's another story.

SWIM has done some trial and error with plugging, but with all her opiate use, her bowel movements are significantly upsetting . She never experiences a bowel movement where she is certain that there is nothing left behind. Just recently, over a 5 day period, she waited for a good bowel movement; she ate lots of fiber, fruit, bought some Benefiber to help with the process, but to no avail. Even the time she did plug after a bowel movement, it felt good, but not nearly as good as it should have, and SWIM is most sure it had to do with her inadequate bowel movements.

SWIM is going to make another post about a type of ROA she has been experimenting with.
Old 15-10-2012, 16:26

Male from Canada

Hey. Sorry I didn't check back sooner. It sounds like you're doing everything right. And yeah all downers have a tendency to plug you up down there. Just wait until you've been using steady for a month and then run out, you'll never leave the bathroom lol. Nausea is common. The more you use the less you'll feel it. I've been doing this for years and every time I come down I always get a really bad headache and my stomach is pretty messed up. Can't eat or do much, it's okay as long as you don't mind. And the more you do the worse those symptoms get. Knowing this, I'd advise you to try doing more. Snorting dillies is definitely worth it. Don't eat them, it's just a huge disappointment imo, strongly advise you not to. Personally, I use around 24mg at a time. If you're starting to feel it after 6mg, just keep going. Try upping your dosage in like 4mg increments. Thankfully, it's not super potent to the point where you can go from okay to foaming at the mouth, so you'll be able to tell long before if you're taking it too far. I wouldn't worry about that, you seem very methodical and careful about what you're doing. If you're still interested in snorting, try 10mg or 16mg if you're using 8's. You said you had a high opiate tolerance. I don't think you ever specified exactly how high, but I can tell you I was using around 100mg of oxy at a time before this. I'm not sure what you used before Dilaudid, but if it's ox maybe that will give you a better idea of the transition between the two, though as always what's good for SWIM isn't always good for SWIY. Anyway, 6mg is not all that much, and with a tolerance I think you're safe to try more. Go for it. Hopefully you notice my response and get back to me on how it went. Snorting's just a little more civilized than plugging I think lol.

PS. If you're seeing a non-user while you want to use, do all your prep-work before you go. Crush up the pills in the pill crusher and then just leave it close and throw it in a bag or a pocket. Then go to the bathroom, turn on the sink nice and loud, dump it all out, make some lines and put it back. It works. But lately, since my gf stopped using, I'll just snort a couple lines in her driveway while I'm parking. That works too and there's a much lower risk of pissing her off, so that's an option for you too.

Hope all is well.
Old 16-10-2012, 01:55
Silver Member

Very awesome. SWIY sounds like SWIM. SWIM's heart breaks at the fact of so much Dilaudid wasted orally. What you say is very true - plus I'm a girl and get to carry around a purse, so I will do that next time. A pill crusher is SO worth the money. I am not sure how others decide to go without it. I got mine for like $5 at the drug store. Sometimes I continue to crush it while it's still in the pill crusher, and kind of which it would crush it up better.

SWIM has been experimenting with this other ROA though, as she mentioned previously in this thread and a while back created a thread dedicated to it. She has been administering Dilaudid mixed with less than 2 ml of water into her nose with an oral syringe. First, to make sure it just wouldn't go to the back of her throat, she searched how to administer nose drops. Most of the sites showed a person lying on their back on their bed with their head hanging over the ledge - perfect position to keep everything away from your throat. Every time SWIM has tried this ROA, whether or not it was effective at that time, never had the Dilaudid solution hit her throat.

Anyway, SWIM uses her pill crusher and usually does 8 mg. With the 8 mg pills, the amount of powder wasn't as much of a concern in terms of how much water to mix with it. But recently she has obtained the yellow 4 mg Dilaudids and thus has more powder to deal with (plus the solution is yellow as piss and makes it psychologically traumatizing lol)... anyway, she crushes it up as much as possible, puts 1 mL of tap water, room temperature, with an oral syringe, and mixes it a little bit with the end of the oral syringe, a spoon, straw, or whatever. Usually another .5 mL is needed. SWIM has heard that Dilaudid is very water soluble, so she doesn't know if she is really seeing something that is water soluble e.g. she would like to see an opiate that is not very water soluble and how long it takes to mix it well with liquid.

Sooo then SWIM realized from the last time that perhaps she had not mixed the solution together too well. (By the way, the instance in particular she is talking about happened two nights ago), so SWIM swirled the solution around in the pill crusher, timed it on her phone to make sure she was giving it a decent chance to mix well. Then she would mix with a spoon, then suck it up with oral syringe and shake it for a good while, squirting it back into the pill crusher, swirl it around, mix with the spoon again, etc. until she was satisfied.

Then SWIM got in her position on the bed with her head hanging over the side of the bed so that she was staring at the ceiling (very annoying), and slowly administered the solution into her nostrils (would alternate nostrils); not all at once of course, but very slowly. Sometimes one drop would burn, and she'd freak out that she has destroyed her nose. This position makes her stomach feel not so good as well. She was feeling her nose after all the liquid had been dropped into her nose, and at the top of her nose she could feel the liquid like hanging around. She tries to administer it slowly so that she doesn't just end up with a clogged nose. This most recent time she used this ROA, she got decently messed up - keep in mind this is only 8 mg, but the time before, she could barely walk and all she had was 8 mg. SWIM didn't understand it - sure, the ROA clearly has a higher bioavailability than orally, but to be able to take 48 mg orally with not much of anything to only 8 mg through the nose with a syringe and be getting a good nod, is confusing.

Then there have been times with this ROA where she does the exact same procedure and gets varying results. Generally she can only get 8 mg in her nose with 1.5 mL of solution. Going back to redose this way is not that viable. Plus SWIM has to lay with her head over the side of the bed to make sure it's all secured in her nose. SWIM really wants to plug, but is not going to waste any drugs when she knows that there is still stuff in her rectum.

Anyway, SWIM is crushing some hydromorphone up now - 8 mg to snort, and will report back in a little while.

PROGRESS:
Snorted roughly 4 mg. 9:18 - one thin line, 9:30 - another thin line, feeling its effects combating the effects of SWIM's diminishing Adderall high. 9:46 - slightly bigger line, not high but definitely noticing that snorting is much more effective. SWIM took some tips from another thread and seems to be working quite well.

Last edited by BitterSweet; 16-10-2012 at 02:49.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:43

Male from Canada

Good to hear it's working out for you. I'm interested to hear your results of experimenting with the nose drops thing. I've tried it before and thought the same thing as you. It left all this powder behind and then I was concerned that I was throwing away all this great stuff when I tried the nose drops and it didn't have a very strong effect. People seem to think that the left over powder is all just waste from the pill, but I'm starting to wonder if the varying effects may be due to the amount of hydro that actually gets absorbed by the water, but I've also tried multiple washes to be sure and it really felt no different. The 4mg generics are what I usually get and yes there is a lot of substance to work with, so I really wish the nose drops idea would work for me, but it hasn't yet and I've sort of run out of patience for it. Enjoy snorting while you can. My tolerance shot up pretty fast from that and now I'm moving on to banging it. I hope snorting is working out for you.
Old 15-11-2012, 20:33
Mercury Member

23 y/o Male from USA - West Virginia
jarlaxle needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

hydromorphone is useless unless you inject it, i snorted about 20 of the K-4's once didnt feel sh it, injected 2 of them and was one of the best highs ive ever had

Share this on:

Tags
dilaudid, hydromorphone, snorting